[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say I walked to the Scottish Highlands and kept going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: shutterstock_82838701.jpg (177KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_82838701.jpg
177KB, 500x333px
Let's say I walked to the Scottish Highlands and kept going North and staying generally to the far North of Scotland. No tent, too broke to even afford one. Only a medium backpack, clothes on my back, including waterproofs, gloves, a hat.

How would I survive without relying on civilisation? I assume there would be plenty of fresh water and scarce but hopefully sufficient for survival forageable food. My main concern would be shelter/ surviving weather.

Thoughts? Tips on food sources and shelter ideas for someone in that situation? Perhaps using natural landmarks as shelter or even dead trees? I know it sounds ridiculous, but I'd like to think it's possible.
>>
The best foraging is trashcans. Also some bins have knives you can use to protect yourself. Sleep in McDonalds bathrooms or crawl into the attic. You will be fine m8. Live your dream. Allahu ackbar salamimylaykun
>>
>>656992
Thanks. I've browsed 4chan frequently and infrequently since 2005, but this is my first post on /out/. I expected more hostility, it's warming to get a genuine reply. I'll keep your advice in mind, though I was considering more living in wooded areas and wilderness than a place with a lot of mcdonalds and trashcans.
>>
I would highly suggest getting a tent of some sort. Sleeping without shelter will be extremely difficult, especially in a place like Scotland.
>>
>>657006
Unless I'm resorting to theft, it's not an option. I'm beyond broke. Being ordered to court about unpaid debts, bank account been in negative for months, family talking about kicking me out, etc.
>>
A shelter can be made from pine branches and a large, downed tree. It requires skill, an able body, and time, but it is possible.

Your plan sounds very dangerous. It takes a high level of knowledge and skill to survive off the land away from civilization for extended periods of time. I suggest searching for .pdf survival guides and carefully visualizing yourself using those very techniques out in the wild.
>>
I'd rethink the food thing, you're overestimating how much you can scavenge and forage for
>>
>>657030
I thought that too, but apparently even normal tree leaves give very low nutrition. Add to that berries, insects (yeah beggars can't be choosers, damn straight I'd be eating insects)... And the remarkable ability of humans to survive with low calories... Well I think water and environmental survival would be more critical to survival than food shortage.
>>
>>657055
You can't just eat leaves and expect to survive in the cold, wet highlands.
>>
File: 1433579571685.jpg (16KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1433579571685.jpg
16KB, 500x326px
Meat contains no carbohydrates (your main source of energy) so I hope you can ID every single edible plant around, know how to prepare it, and enjoy eating insects.

You will also need to forage for wood and other materials to build fire and shelter with no tools, so good luck with that m8. That's hard work.

Also, I'd say the average person would start to crack about a week in just from loneliness and isolation. Everyone is different in this regard, but it still takes a heavy toll on your mental state and morale one way or another.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.