[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /out/, Looking for a particular gift. I need to get my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: bbq-lighter.jpg (4KB, 450x100px) Image search: [Google]
bbq-lighter.jpg
4KB, 450x100px
Dear /out/,

Looking for a particular gift. I need to get my friend a reliable outdoor lighter. The cheapo BBQ lighters are throw-aways that always fail him at the worst time.

His hand coordination is bad due to some nerve damage, so the usual /out/ stuff like firesteel, etc., won't suffice.

Lighting Conditions:
* Could be windy
* Could be cold
* Never a high elevation

What's Burning:
* Candle
* Paper
* Easy tinder to start a bigger fire

If they made long-necked lighters with replaceable piezoelectric bits (I gather that's the part that wears out first), I'd jump on them.

It's a gift and I won't cheap out.

Thanks!
>>
i'd get him a push button crack torch. They're at most gas stations and about 5 dollars. They burn hot and they are easy to operate with an adjustable flame.
>>
The crack torch or like 20 bic lighters.
>>
>>652076
Bics are really hard to use with a gimped up hand. You'd think it wouldnt be, but its a lot of motion
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (53KB, 1000x612px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
53KB, 1000x612px
Is there a weight limit?
Simple butane torch

Or if going for something lighter (and primitive)
Get him a spark ligter for welding

Easy to use(just squeeze)
Light
Simple
Though replacing flint on it could be difficult , they do last a while
Maybe get him a few of these as well as whatever else you get him they're cheap enough to give him to try to see if he likes
>>
>>652100
Not why I said butane, I ment propane
>>
>>652070
get him a soldering torch like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-19132-Micro-Torch-Kit/dp/B0000CBJBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450930197&sr=8-1&keywords=Bernzomatic-19132-Micro-Torch-Kit%2F
>>
weather proof lighter
http://www.amazon.com/UST-Stormproof-Floating-Lighter-Black/dp/B00C3PXNM2
sadly takes butane but it works super well in high winds
>>
>>652100
No weight limit.
>>
>>652106
The reviews on that are pretty bad.
>>
>>652124
Then a simple propane torch
One button and you have a flame
Though I would get some strikers aswell to see if he likes them
>>
What about a zippo?
>>
>>652126
I just grabbed the first one on search as an example and didn't read the reviews. OP can pick the one he likes.
>>
>>652089
You can use a set of needle nose pliers to yank the safety mechanism off. Makes it much easier
>>
What about an imco or a similar design?
>>
File: turbo-flame-single-olive-1 (1).jpg (177KB, 1600x2240px) Image search: [Google]
turbo-flame-single-olive-1 (1).jpg
177KB, 1600x2240px
>>652070

I don't know where you're from anon, but these are quite well regarded over here in the UK.

One hand operation, rubberised non-slip body, and it has a catch on the side so you can use it like a little blow torch

I've had one for pushing 8 years now, still fires every click. genuine feedback, and not blatant shill

http://www.turboflame.co.uk/TForiginalRubber.php
>>
You could get him a peanut lighter, or a zippo. For a while my hand was fucked up because of a knife dropping incedent, and I didn't have too much trouble lighting my zippo, and a peanut lighter is very similar. You can also get zippos with custom shit on it, so you could get him a humorous gift too
>>
File: 1445418407108.png (373KB, 641x315px) Image search: [Google]
1445418407108.png
373KB, 641x315px
>>652070
>>
>>652283
This looks really good. Thank you.

It's been rough trying to make his life easier in little ways like this. I appreciate the help.
>>
>>652297
>You could get him a peanut lighter, or a zippo. For a while my hand was fucked up because of a knife dropping incedent, and I didn't have too much trouble lighting my zippo, and a peanut lighter is very similar. You can also get zippos with custom shit on it, so you could get him a humorous gift too
>zippos
>for innawoods
Fuck no.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 459x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 459x353px
>>652070
Zippo makes a few butane "grill" lighters. My mom uses one for her candles, it's nice. Just the one button you slide up with your thumb.
>>
>>652554
You must have missed the part where he included the phrase "peanut lighter" because you were in such a hurry to say "z-zippo bad!!!1one!"
>>
>>652656
You must have missed the part where he said "or a Zippo"
>>
>>652989
nigger what do you not understand about "or"? OP knows his friends purposes, so he can make a call depending on his needs. Shit, i've used my zippo innawoods and it worked just fine. Granted it was a 3 day trip, but the point stands.
>>
A zippo is a great option if you do not mind filling with fuel every week. Id carry extra zippo fuel in your pack if you carry one. They also sell replacement flints and wicks.

Super reliable if you plan ahead for fuel and make sure your wicks and flintbisnt getting low.

Plus they are neat-o as fuck to play with.
>>
File: 20151209_175508.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151209_175508.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>654903
Pic related
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.