[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /out/ I will be beginning my basic military training in about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 23

File: Boots.png (749KB, 749x336px) Image search: [Google]
Boots.png
749KB, 749x336px
Hi /out/
I will be beginning my basic military training in about half a year and I want to get a good pair of boots. They need to be black like in pic related. The ones you get given are okay supposedly, but some comapanies allow you to use your own. I figure it'd be a good idea to get more used to marching with a similar type of boots already. Any recommendations for black boots?
>>
File: MK90 VK90.jpg (156KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
MK90 VK90.jpg
156KB, 1024x576px
In pic related the first ones are the standard boots, the ones on the right are the ones used wintertime.
>>
>>651761
>>651762
Just use Lundhags, that's what the cool boys in K3 and I22/FO use
>>
>>651765
Bit pricey though, looking like some try-hard spoiled cunt isn't exactly something I want to do.
>>
>>651767
Nobody will care much, or at least no one did when i did my service(which admittedly was back in 1993).
But if you're really concerned with blending in, the Magnum ProTector boot is supposedly a good choice as well.
>>
>>651769
Good to know, and yeah the Magnum Protectors seem to be in a more suitable price range, thanks m8
>>
File: meindl.jpg (187KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
meindl.jpg
187KB, 1000x1000px
>>651761
can't go wrong with Meindl Army with Gore-Tex. Literally.
>>
>>651761
Since you don't know wether you'll be allowed your own boots, why not just get your standard army boots? When you know what you're allowed to get and have a better idea what you need, you can decide to buy better boots.

Also, good idea not to mention you're a swede. Salaam brother.
>>
>>651762
They look almost the same..
>>
>>651788
>Since you don't know wether you'll be allowed your own boots
>don't know
OP's post never said this.

>They need to be black like in pic related.
>The ones you get given are okay supposedly, but some comapanies allow you to use your own

OP is probably in one of those companies.
>>
File: image15.jpg (378KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
image15.jpg
378KB, 950x633px
>>651800
OP here, you're basically right. Most units that I'm likely to end up with will be allowing usage of your own boots as long as they follow colour code and don't stick out. If I'm really unlucky then I'll have officers that don't allow non-uniform boots, but even if that's the case I'll still have a nice pair of black boots of my own, so what's to hate?

>>651788
Didn't know /pol/ memes spread all the way to /out/, either way it's pretty obvious I'm a Swede considering M90 pattern.

>>651789
The winter ones are thicker and also made to work better for skiing.
>>
>>651767
Don't be an idiot and take care of your feet. If you're going to be out a lot in the woods, Lundhags is the best. Gore tex boots wont dry once they get wet. .
>>
>>651813
Du får inte ha egna kängor under grundutbildningen. Köp egna när du är klar.
>Ingenjörssoldat sen 3 år tillbaka
>>
>>651824
Which ones by Lundhags would you recommend then? And what is it that makes them worth the price?
>>
>>651813
Magnum, meindl, Haix and adidas have some decent boots.
http://www.rodastjarnan.com/skor-och-kangor/falt-och-yrkeskangor
Magmum boots needs to be taken care of alot though. They are cheap and super light which is nice.
>>
>>651828
Åhå, har sett några trådar på flashbackk som hävdar att man kan.

Soldf.com säger även "Många officerare, FN-personal och en del värnpliktiga väljer att på egen bekostnad köpa civila eller andra militära kängor. Populärast är Meindl och Haix. Oftast går det bra att använda egna i militären så länge de är svarta eller mörkbruna. Fråga din pluton/kompani-chef om lov.

Lite oklart, men kan det inte variera beronde på vart man hamnar? Sen så går inte jorden under om jag köper ett par bra kängor för framtiden redan nu, trotts att jag kanske ej får använda dom i GMU
>>
>>651835
Det gäller efter grundutbildningen, Du måste få läkarintyg för att få andra kängor under GMU'n
Sen kanske det är så att du får ut marschkänga 08 istället då det är brist på 90kängan. 08:an är dyra meindlkängor som funkar ruggigt bra, något kalla bara.
Jag frågade faktiskt mina befäl om jag fick ha egna kängor under GMU'n och dom skrattade åt mig.
>>
>>651835
Så fort du är klar med GMU'n så är det bara att shoppa loss. Då kan dom inte säga något längre.
>>
>>651837
Inte möjligt att dom gör en skillnad på det nu dock, eftersom att man nu gör 9/11 månader istället för 3? I varje fall så behöver jag nya kängor, inte just för GMU men almänt, så kanske är värt att investera i något som Lundhags.
>>
>>651841
är det inte möjligt att*?
>>
>>651841
Kan vara så som du säger men jag tvivlar på att du kommer att få ha egna kängor i början. Det lär dröja minst 3 månader innan befälen börjar behandla er som människor igen. Ni får inte ens ha egna träningskläder i början.
>>
>>651848
Får väl se hur det blir helt enkelt. Det där med träningskläder är jag van med, bor i england sen några år tillbaka och första åren brukade dom tvinga en ha deras budget uniform från kina då man körde sporter.
>>
>>651849
Lycka till, kom ihåg att dom första månaderna bra mycket drygare än dom senare. Dom försöker bara gallra ur kullen i början.
>>
>>651849
I skolan alltså
>>
>>651850
Tack.
>>
>going to the army in the most liberal country on earth
It's like you want to be persecuted by the PC brigade. Enjoy having to open your legs to your darkskin friends.

Your camo looks really nice though
>>
>>651855
Nice meme!
>>
>>651882
>Sweden being cucked beyond recognition is a meme
We only meme it because there's still people like you that don't realize the truth.
>>
>>651882
>Country with less than 10M population
>accepts more than 100k "refugees" in a single year
>shit being burned down like a third world country
>meme
Yeah, and this is only about migrant crises, you have a shitton of anothet problems going one besides that when you could be literally a paradise country. At one time in history you guys didn't had real problems so your 60s free love Abba hippies choose liberalism, now shut the fuck up and stop trying to deny the truth.
>>
Let's keep this thread about boots, shall we?
>>
File: AK5C 14.jpg (334KB, 1453x899px) Image search: [Google]
AK5C 14.jpg
334KB, 1453x899px
>>651855
The camo is neat, indeed.
>>651855
>>651892
>>651896
Not the guy who is claiming Sweden has no issues, but...
>You guys are a bunch of hippies cusk!
>Also why would you want to join the army lol
??

Anyhow, I do know Sweden has many problems these last few decades, and the political situation can best be described as absolutely batshit insane. Despite this it's still a nice country to live in for the most part (especially if rural, imo), and a country I deem worth fighting for and trying to save from the liberal menace.

Also, to you who ask why I would want to become a soldier in Sweden, well first of all I think that regardless of where I was born, I'd still want to be one, even if in a third world shithole, it simply appeals to me. But also in my case it runs in the family; one of my grandfathers volunteered and died in the Finish Winter War, my other grandfather was an Air Force officer (back when it was a very big one) and would always tell me about it. My father was also an officer in the army for a whole bunch of years after his conscription. It's a tradition, and I intend on preserving and upholding it. Beyond that, the Swedish Armed Forces have struggled with recruiting enough people ever since the end of conscription, and I'm sure we can all agree wanting to help your country is a better choice than throwing in the towel, moving country and fleeing from problems like a faggot.

Finally I both enjoy nature and guns a lot, and of course, those two come in plenty in the army.
>>
>>651914
That'd be nice.

So I was looking through the various Lundhags boots and I'm not sure which would be best suited for army usage, anyone got any recommendations?
>>
>>651914
It's too late. The /pol/tards have already arrived.
>>
>>651918
The "Proffesional", "Vandra" and "Ranger" are all solid options. Personally I use the "Jaure", but those probably won't fly with your CO.
>>
>>651813
Just stay away from Alfa Bever, all of them. Unless you are planning to cut your toes off before using them. And they're goretex so they will stay fucking wet forever. Not a good choice. Get some boots with no goretex or insulation. Just leather. Lykke til fra det nest mest liberale landet i verden (vestenfor Sverige) :-)
>>
Theres an old treath about black boots in the archive at >>641380 will probalbly 404 in a few days
>>
>>651921
The Vandra high seem like they could be nice, thanks. And yeah the Jaure have too much yellow.
>>651922
Haha tack, will keep in mind.
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (117KB, 1600x1234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
117KB, 1600x1234px
>>651917
You seem a down to earth guy, if your fellow swedish countryman were like you your country would be such nice place. Nature, beautiful girls, nice education and such. It's a shame ruining that with liberal shit, political correctness and trying to be morally superior to the rest of the world.
Hope you guys turn back to what you once were.

That being said I end my /pol/ rib shit now.
Pic related are my /out/ boots, maybe not what you're looking for but they're comfy as fuck.
>>
>>651917
>Become soldier
>participate in inevitable coup
>???
Godspeed.
>>
>>651828
Är du på ing2? Jobbade på 214 ingkomp fram till 2013.
>>
File: SOG9.jpg (372KB, 950x632px) Image search: [Google]
SOG9.jpg
372KB, 950x632px
>>651828
>>651963
Måste passa på att fråga trots att det ej har med tråden att göra. Vad tycker/tyckte ni om att arbeta för försvarsmakten? Vad är några bra saker att veta som kanske inte näms på försvarsmaktens hemsida?
>>
>>651971
>SOG9

Posta resten
>>
File: SOG1.jpg (369KB, 950x634px) Image search: [Google]
SOG1.jpg
369KB, 950x634px
>>652004
sure thing
>>
File: SOG2.jpg (367KB, 950x634px) Image search: [Google]
SOG2.jpg
367KB, 950x634px
>>652005
>>
File: SOG4.jpg (535KB, 950x632px) Image search: [Google]
SOG4.jpg
535KB, 950x632px
>>652007
Reordered them to make more sense, so consider the first one posted number 3.
>>
File: SOG5.jpg (451KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
SOG5.jpg
451KB, 950x633px
>>652009
>>
File: SOG6.jpg (320KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
SOG6.jpg
320KB, 800x532px
>>652010
>>
File: SOG7.jpg (299KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
SOG7.jpg
299KB, 800x532px
>>652011
>>
File: SOG8.jpg (359KB, 950x632px) Image search: [Google]
SOG8.jpg
359KB, 950x632px
>>652012
>>
File: SOG9.jpg (274KB, 950x632px) Image search: [Google]
SOG9.jpg
274KB, 950x632px
>>652013
>>
File: sog10.jpg (290KB, 950x632px) Image search: [Google]
sog10.jpg
290KB, 950x632px
>>652015
>>
File: SOG11.png (283KB, 354x575px) Image search: [Google]
SOG11.png
283KB, 354x575px
>>652017
>>
File: sog12.jpg (145KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
sog12.jpg
145KB, 800x514px
>>652018
>>
File: SOG13.png (535KB, 799x586px) Image search: [Google]
SOG13.png
535KB, 799x586px
>>652019
>>
File: SOG-EMBLEM.jpg (83KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SOG-EMBLEM.jpg
83KB, 1920x1080px
>>652020
Source for most of the pictures. You can download far higher res ones, but they generally are too large for 4chan.
http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/sok/#!/Images?query=SOG
>>
>>652021
Tack och bock.

Shame they adopted multicam and generic NATO gear. I liked them better in M90.
>>
>>651761
I used the standard issue ones for 11 month of conscription, and while part time employed. Sure, they are not the best but you'll be fine with them for three month. Some people even like the standard issue ones. I would suggest you at least try them for a week or two before spending money on new ones.

Magnum and Meindl are pretty common brands to see people use.
>>
>>651813
What companies does not allow people using their own boots? I mean even Livbataljon/Livgardet allows their soldiers to get their own boots.
>>
>>651971
Bästa jobbet i Sverige, men sämsta arbetsgivaren, som man brukar säga. Organisationen kan vara riktigt stel och ineffektiv, men arbetskamraterna kan ofta väga upp för det. Som soldat skulle jag aldrig kunna tänka mig att jobba på heltid längre än säg 2-3 år. Sedan skulle antingen söka officersutbildning eller lämna företaget helt/gå över till T-tjänst och satsa på en annan karriär.
Man måste alltid ha i åtanke att man endast kan jobba ett visst antal år som soldat och att ha varit soldat betyder inte så värst mycket på CV som man kanske skulle vilja att det gjorde.

Som ett exempel på hur dålig organisationen kan vara så fick inte min pluton lön på en månad, för att någon hade fuckat upp någonstans. Istället fick vi snällt vänta till nästa månad och då få dubbel lön. Tipset vi fick från bataljonschefen var att "låna pengar av en kompis" om det skulle krisa med hyra mm. Så otroligt jävla underkänt. Hade blivit ett stort halabaloo om det ifall det hänt på den privata sektorn eller i många andra myndigheter. Men i Försvarsmakten förväntas man bara att ta sån skit och hålla tyst.
>>
>>651917
>I'm sure we can all agree wanting to help your country is a better choice than throwing in the towel, moving country and fleeing from problems like a faggot.

Ah, shit, you said it. I constantly want to leave the US but each time I get that exact feeling. I live in the most powerful country on earth and I can't bring myself to try to do something to make it any less of a shit hole. It's a crappy feeling.
>>
>>652214
Trotts att det inte är något man kan förvanta sig att bli eftersom att det är så djävla svårt, men om man aspirerar på att gå med i SOG så måste man väll vara jägare flertal år för att bygga upp erfarenhet?
>>
File: Kampfstiefel.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Kampfstiefel.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
>>651762
Haix, they were issue during my service, pretty good, some people still got other models or different brands.
>>
>>652480
Nja, det måste man väl inte. Men visst kan det väl meritera. Alltid svårt att uppskatta hur stor skillnaden mellan vad kraven är på pappret och vad som faktiskt krävs för att ta sig dit.

Med det sagt är SOG inte något jag personligen har varit intresserad av, pga. historier om hur mentalt fuckade personer blivit efter att ha varit i SSG/SOG. Så jag har inte så bra koll på SOG och vilka krav de har. Finns antagligen någonstans på FMs hemsida.
>>
>>652520
Aldrig hört några sådana historier, kan du utväckla?
Och ja, de fysiska kraven finns och jag når dom nästan redan nu (på papper iaf), men det är ju bara en del utav det som krävs för att få en plats.
>>
>>652520
>mentalt fuckade
Blev lite småsugen på att veta lite mer.
På vilket sätt menar du att dom vart fuckade? PTSD liknande eller något mer exotiskt?

Mer fuckade än "vanliga" soldater som varit i krig?
>>
>>652543
>>652568
Nej, precis. PTSD på ett eller annat sätt. Historierna har aldrig varit så värst specifika, det är ju trots allt rätt så mycket Sekretess kring det hela. De kanske grundar sig i samma fall, ingen aning. Historierna har ofta en ganska generell karaktär, snarare än specifika fall. Men det kan ju självklart också vara så att historierna är helt fel och att PTSD är ovanligt bland SOG/Fd. SOG-operatörer.

Så jag vill inte lura i någon att jag sitter på någon hemligstämplad kunskap. Bristen på kunskap och insikt gör ju att alla lämnas stort utrymme till att tolka själva. Och även om jag kan tänka mig att PTSD (och liknande mentala problem) är vanligare hos SOG tror jag att majoriteten av operatörerna är väldigt, väldigt mentalt starka. Vilket leder oss till..

>Och ja, de fysiska kraven finns och jag når dom nästan redan nu (på papper iaf), men det är ju bara en del utav det som krävs för att få en plats.
Exakt. De fysiska kraven är stränga, men inte övermänskliga. Det som separerar elitstyrkor är ju i mångt och mycket den mentala styrkan. Vad det gäller SOG kanske det även finns högre krav vad det gäller exempelvis intelligens och vad man har för moralisk kompass. Vill man till SOG ska man inte lyssna på personer som mig som har vissa negativa farhågor om tjänsten (även om jag respekterar dem fullt ut, är väldigt glad att de finns och tror att de gör ett väldigt bra jobb).

>Mer fuckade än "vanliga" soldater som varit i krig?
Aldrig sett några siffror på det. Så jag vill egentligen inte gissa. Å ena sidan upplever de kanske värre situationer. Å andra sidan är de antagligen starkare mentalt. Vem vet vad resultatet av det blir.
Däremot tror jag att risken för att det normala livet hemma drabbas på ett eller annat sätt ökar stort ju fler gånger och ju längre tid man är borta på operationer/insatser.
>>
>>651852
That I understood.
>>
>>652543
>>652568
Recommended videos about operators and PTSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMJGu6MGUnM
This one features an ex-Delta and ex-SF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc7G8FA2HHc
Two brother (both in Delta) with ptsd. Full 16min vid can be seen in link.

https://www.nranews.com/series/patriot-profiles/video/forward-march-two-brothers-journey-of-hope-and-restoration
>>
File: Benin camo-1404613756719.jpg (999KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Benin camo-1404613756719.jpg
999KB, 1200x900px
>>651813
> If I'm really unlucky then I'll have officers that don't allow non-uniform boots,
> but even if that's the case I'll still have a nice pair of black boots of my own,
> so what's to hate?

Dunno how it works in Sweden but in the U.S., recruits in boot camp aren’t
given any options; they use what they’re given and tuff shit if they don’t like it.

But once you’ve completed boot camp, you are allowed to make private purchases
of gear (as long as it’s approved gear).

I’d suggest holding off on buying any boots for the above reason and because you
might get a military discount on them once you’ve finished basic training.
>>
>>652932
It worked pretty much like that in Sweden, at least when I did conscription.

At the beginning we were told that if you learn to use the worst equipment, life will be easy once you get the better stuff. Doing it the other way around is much harder. And I think there is much truth to that.
>>
>>652494
I did conscription back in 2006, so I still was given the "2000 model". Now they're starting to wear off and I'm thinking about getting myself another pair. Got experience with both the 2000 one and the new one which came around 2009? Which is better? From the outside the new ones look like only the soles have become a bit thicker, but otherwise not much different, or is there more to it?
>>
>>651762
Directions are now "first" and "right"
>>
File: Book.jpg (633KB, 2926x1658px) Image search: [Google]
Book.jpg
633KB, 2926x1658px
>>653319
I mean, it's kind of right, just sounds weird.
>>652932
Well, I've come to the conclusion I need a good pair of boots in general now because my old ones are pretty crap, so I might as well pick up a pair for usage now, that can also be used for military service later on (perhaps.)
>>652906
lol
>>652873
Blir väl en risk man får ta, om jag nu någonsin ens kommer nära till SOG haha.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.