[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fully understand and agree that recreational bike riding is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: BikeToWork2011.jpg (435KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
BikeToWork2011.jpg
435KB, 849x565px
I fully understand and agree that recreational bike riding is a healthy and practical thing to do. But why do adults look so awkward when they ride bikes?
>>
>>651330

>recreational
>practical

Try again?
>>
>>651330
We'll in that photo, the bike is way too small for him. His posture is shit and he looks like a noon because of it.
>>
>yfw they walk around in public, into stores and such with the helmet still on
looks autistic as fuck
>>
File: terrydavis.jpg (213KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
terrydavis.jpg
213KB, 600x756px
>>651339
>wearing a helmet at all
>>
>>651330
Because it's all unnatural movements. Recumbents are better in every way except one: people will make fun of you.

Still think a gas or electric low-racer would be fun as shit.
>>
File: Dfanning.jpg (297KB, 923x1222px) Image search: [Google]
Dfanning.jpg
297KB, 923x1222px
>>651330
>why?

maybe it's you
>>
>>651367
>Recumbents are better in every way except one: people will make fun of you.

At least I won't get carpel tunnel and I can still get a hardon I can feel after years of using a recumbent. Seriously, biking upright on a traditional seat is fucking murder. If anyone makes fun of you for it, just inform them about the dangers of physical sexual dysfunction caused by traditional biking, regardless if they are male or female.
>>
>>651401
Your bike was set up wrong if an upright was that horrific for you and you're younger than 60.

You should find a new shop, and also try to be less gullible in the future, because you got taken. Instead of selling you a 'bent they should have just fit your bike properly.
>>
>>651410
Recumbents are more comfortable. If nothing else, you get to see a lot more /out/ when reclined, than when leaning over and facing the pavement. Uprights do have the advantage of making better trail bikes. I'm not trying to knock uprights, I just think it's stupid that there's a war going on.

Its like fighting over apples and oranges.

Also, it's a sad state of affairs when android auto corrects apple to Apple because more people use iPhones than eat fruit.
>>
>>651410
I don't own an upright seated bicycle at all. People who ride them are either stupid or ignorant.

There isn't even a doubt as to what happens to people who ride them. It isn't ED, it is nerve damage.

If you want to trail ride with an upright, get a seatless one.
>>
>>651429
Seatless bikes to protect your nuts...

Okay.
>>
>>651431
Uh, yeah dude, it is a thing. There's tons of companies and bike models that do not have seats at all. Some are specialty, some don't have normal pedals, some are just regular bikes with the seat stem not built into them. They give you tons of freedom too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sX0z-1RyM
>>
upright seated bicycle? do you mean a 'safety bicycle?' going to rag on them least you could do is correctly identify the thing...and you're logic is dumb-founded and self-justified.
>>
>>651462
look everyone, /n/ is here!
>>
>>651429
You are a hypochondriac.

In college I had a cat 1 license, and I took a year off from undergrad to ride a season for a UCI continental team. So I've spent thousands of hours in the saddle of a safer bike and didn't and don't suffer any ED. There are guys who do, for sure, but it isn't like any casual cyclist is going to be affected even if they were susceptible.
>>
>>651462
Perhaps you are the one that needs to learn a thing or two?

>The retronym "upright bicycle" is used to distinguish the style from recumbent bicycles.
>>
>>651495
No on in the thread said anything about them causing ED. They cause other problems that fuck up the nerves. As in numbness even when you have a hardon.

You anecdotal evidence isn't worth jack shit, kid.
>>
>>651335
I ran out of words
>>
>>651440
That's called bmx. They tend to remove the seat, so it will give you more freedom when doing the crazy shit.

However i don't know if standing on your bike is very healthy, specially for your spine.
>>
File: Speechless.jpg (112KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Speechless.jpg
112KB, 1278x1181px
>>653653
Hey -- I'm a dad who's a bit lazier than is good for me. I f---ed up and failed to teach my 15-yr-old son to ride a bike. My son's a 21st Cen. online-type kid, and I don't want him to get obese like his mom. SUGGESTIONS on how to get him to learn this lifelong skill?
>>
>>651418
>Recumbents are more comfortable. If nothing else,
Maybe, but properly sized and fitted uprights aren't nearly as bad as >>651429 >>651401 says, though I accept that some people have compelling medical reasons to ride a 'bent.

>Uprights do have the advantage of making better trail bikes
Also better climbing hills, or more fun at least. And if there aren't any hills, why bother riding?

>Also, it's a sad state of affairs when android auto corrects apple to Apple because more people use iPhones than eat fruit.
Funny you should say that, recumbent fanatics remind me a lot of Mac evangelists.

>>653981
That's a bit old (as in he's probably too tall) for a BMX as more than a novelty. Get him a mountainbike so he can ride on dirt and take it off sweet jumps. Dirt is more fun.
>>
>>653981
Anon that you replied here, to be honest my father did the same thing to me far ago. One day, i've traded his bike (He stopped riding it) For an bmx (I was 16 at the time, 1,73cm) and learned it myself.

I've looked fucking ridiculous bc i couldn't even stand on the bike, but months of training (and some bruises) made me learn. Never got too bad injured, i was a fucking pussy and always waited weeks before trying a new trick.

Then... I've discovered another kinds of bikes. Today i'm full-dirt, there are alot of Bike Groups where i live and they go together every week to trails and all.

Teach your soon to go dirt, try to find some cool bike groups in your city, he will get friends and an sport.

If he continues, however, prepare your wallet. Changing parts, equipment, that shit is fucking expensive.

Sorry for bad english, good luck. >>654031 is right, Dirt is the way.
>>
>>654150
Thanks for the suggestions.
It took you months to learn? He is a bit afraid of hurting himself after falling off a skateboard year ago. I tried the old, "If you fall off the horse, get back on it," line but no. Maybe I can get one of his school girlfriends to teach him? Thanks again, /out/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.