[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ failure thread This just happened. >Go for a day hike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 1449165865680.png (27KB, 615x590px) Image search: [Google]
1449165865680.png
27KB, 615x590px
/out/ failure thread

This just happened.
>Go for a day hike with friends
>Go to state park nearby in Cali, expecting snow and ice so bring chains.
>arrive at park, it's raining, decide to just keep going.
>get absolutely soaked (COTTON KILLS IS NOT A MEME) because am stupid poorfag who thinks there's no need for fancy coats.
>decide to end the hike early, head back, decide to put on chains to drive a bit further up to heavier snow.
>fail terrifically, end up having to lay in ice water to untangle chains
>forgot to bring dry clothes, end up wearing no shirt on the drive back.
>am now regretting life
>>
3 season bag in New England winter. Didn't call the trip but nights were brutal.
>>
File: Long john silvers away!!!.jpg (23KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Long john silvers away!!!.jpg
23KB, 240x320px
>>650786
Anon if you buy yourself just one cheap present this year, go to walmart and get the 10 dollar polypropylene long john silvers.
>>
Cotton kills isn't a meme, ignorance/stupidity has always been the primary factor.

What material your insulation is made of doesn't matter when you have no shell to cover it with.
>>
I feel stupid for this. happened last summer

>cheap ass college students
>decide to go on a 3 day camping trip w friend at state park
>choose to sleep in hammocks
>set up camp about a mile into park
>hang hammocks
>tfw my $20 big 5 hammock lasts all of 5 hours before ripping into two
>sun is setting at this point
>decide to abort
>pack up stuff and make trek back
>took too long to pack so pitch fucking black
>lights we brought were weaker than we thought
>took us an hour and a half to get back to the damn car, took us 30-45 minutes to get to the camp site
>finally make it back and just nope the fuck out

cracked jokes about our retardation and skinwalkers on the way back, good times
>>
File: DSC00422sm.jpg (448KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00422sm.jpg
448KB, 1080x810px
>>650796
Fat fucks cant into hammocks anon
>>
>>650801
it was a small tear that grew goddammit
>>
>>650786
>Ride 80 miles by bicycle to get to favorite lake, packing everything I need for the trip. Hike a mile through brush to get to back of lake where I won't be bothered by car campers. Set up camp and start fishing. Only last a week before I have to bail because I kept snagging and losing tackle.
>>
>go out in the marsh whole day
>crabbing, running crawfish traps, looking for hogs
>saw nothing to shoot, crawfish traps empty, crab pots empty except for one with like 10
>throw autistic fit toss crabs on floor of boat, floor it across marsh 50 MPH
>couple minutes something rustling between my legs
>of a sudden: A CRABS GOT MY BALLS A CRABS GOT MY BALLS
>cut motor look for pliers
>boat hits high spot slams to stop I fall out with crab still on my balls
>complete mess blood everywhere ER glues the hole in my bag shut 2 weeks antibiotics from marsh water crab claw contamination
>>
File: hammock.jpg (76KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
hammock.jpg
76KB, 604x453px
>>650805
>it was a small tear that grew goddammit

I'll fucking bet it grew oncet you plopped your fattass down on it.
>>
>>650796
Pretty typical hammock camping experience desu kek senpai
>>
>Camping at carbon river during fall
>Water level high, but it quit raining
>Set up tents and tarps, break out the moonshine, weed and guitar
>Starts raining hard
>Call it a night, police camp site and hit the hay
>3 am headlights flashing at my tent
>ranger asks if i drive a 93 mercury sable
>It got washed away because i parked it too close to the river
>myweed.jpg
>spend an hour in downpour shoving my gear in plastic bags and throwing it in the rangers truck

I came back next spring to try and salvage what i could. everything was destroyed except the oz of dank and the jar of shine. Had a toke and a sip while i waited for my buddy to winch it out.
>>
>>650796
why didn't you sleep on the ground?
>>
>>651011
Because bears
>>
>>650897
See? What a sweetheart! Happy as a lark!

10/10 would feed three pizzas with and get a blowjob! Getting a chubbie just thinking about it!
>>
>>651012
still would have risked it...just keep a pile of rocks and a stout bear smacking stick next to you.
>>
>>651019
Rather not. And the ground was not very comfortable.
>>
File: 2014-04-10 15.39.57.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-10 15.39.57.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>650786
>going shooting up in mountains with wife
>driving a tiny hyundai sedan with non-snow tires
>decide to take scenic route
>scenic route is treacherous mountain pass along deadly cliff faces uphill for several miles
>pfft it's not that late in the season there's probably barely any snow
>start drive, notice a few ice/slush patches but not too much
>pass a sign saying ROAD NOT MAINTAINED DO NOT USE or some such
>nah we're fine I drive this all the time in the summer
>as we ascend, encounter more and more ice and snow
>eventually it's entirely ice/snow
>driving uphill around blind corners across ice sheets in a sedan with street tires on a narrow path with a deadly cliff drop on one side
>fuck fuck this was dumb
>can't turn around, too narrow
>can't stop, will lose momentum and won't be able to start again
>finally find a place to pause and try and turn around
>wife is freaking out, but helps me slowly, slowly reorient myself so we're facing downwards
>use entire bag of kitty litter in trunk as traction
>spend 45 minutes doing the thing where you pull back, turn, go forward a bit, turn, pull back a bit, etc.
>thank God no cars came around during
>front wheels 2 feet away from edge of cliff entire time
>finally turn around and slowly crawl back down in lowest gear riding the brake

Fuck that was harrowing. I was a goddamn retard. I knew that after a while it evened out so I wouldn't be going uphill so I pushed on since I was already on the way. Sunk cost fallacy I guess.

pic related, part of the drive, in summer
>>
>>650796
>>651006

I got a 15 dollar hammock and it's perfect, probably 60 or 70 hours spent lying in it so far. Comfier than my bed honestly. Just don't be fat and don't have anything sharpish inside.
>>
>>651034
Is your hammock hanging in your mom's basement?
>>
>>650897
We need to make everything out of whatever that hammock is made out of. Maybe it's made of spider silk. Stronger than steel and lighter than air
>>
>>651311
I'm not sure what you're trying to imply. I'm a married man with a career in the military. Is using hammocks while /out/ supposed to be a fat neckbeard thing? I'm confused.
>>
>>650786
>go camping on a weeknight with my sister and her dog
>go to a non designated spot so we can enjoy outside in peace
>3 4WDs full of faggots rock up. They immediately start playing shitty country music max volume and talking loudly
>peace ruined
>camping ruined
>pack up and go home and have a pizza.
>>
>>650816
Jesus fucking Christ that sounds like hell.
>>
>>651033
Next time follow the sign dickhead. They don't put them up just for fun.
>>
>>651713
>Is using hammocks while /out/ supposed to be a fat neckbeard thing?

That's the meme. I usually go /out/ innadesert, so I don't even have a portable hammock. I've heard tales of wonder and woe about those things here. The big cloth one we have hanging between two trees in our yard is nice.
>>
>>651716
Not always true.
there is a forrest service road near my home that says not suitible for passenger vehicles.
The road is totally flat well groomed dirt road save a few ruts.
Any car could easily navigate it.
>>
>>651714
were you gonna bang your sister or her dog?
>>
>>651717
Slept in one for three months while at a research camp. It was really comfy.
>>
>>651812
Both obviously
>>
>>651812
Good to see you think of sex when you think of sisters and dogs. You sick fuck.
>>
>>651952
Cmon he wasn't having sexwith his sister you sick fuck he was watching the dog have sex with his sister. Big difference. One is OK by society and the other is not
>>
>>651979
What's so wrong with the ol' Scooby doo threesome? Next thing you know you'll be telling me that I can't collect rainwater.
>>
>>652086
>>651979
God I hate 4chan sometimes.
>>
>>652146
the feeling is mutual
>>
>>651033

This seems like how I will probably die. When winter weather is a factor I tend to follow a "let's see how far I can get" philosophy.
>>
>>652156
>>651716
Fuck, I know. I was so dumb.
>>
>>652158
I live up in the mountains and you wouldn't belive how many people get stranded on the road because they can't turn around. Your pretty lucky because the roads are usually too narrow.
>>
>>652160
Well, part of the reason I decided to try it was that I always carry a shitton of winter clothing, food, water, firemaking stuff, etc. in the car, so if I got stuck, it'd just be a matter of calling my brother or friend with a jeep/truck and towing us out of the snow/helping turn around. Still doesn't excuse it, but I coulda hung out there for a couple days if need be.
>>
>>652164
I can relate to that situation. I brought my wife with me to a remote part of Austria for some camping and we had to go up this narrow dirt mountain road. Neadless to say she was already nervous about the situation. Then it started to rain heavily and the entire road started to turn into this thick mud. We got stuck in it and my wife started to freak out. I considered hauling myself off the cliff to save my ears from the torture. We ended up having to sleep in the car for a day or two. Shitty situation.
>>
>>652168

but you made it and now it's a story. that's all part of the /out/ experience man.
>>
>>652146
Ah, don't be a little bitch about it.
>>
>>652146
Why not stay in your safe zone then you prevert
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.