[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever had to disassemble 550 cord bracelets, slings,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 71ddp6GKttL._SL1500_.jpg (77KB, 1500x408px) Image search: [Google]
71ddp6GKttL._SL1500_.jpg
77KB, 1500x408px
Have any of you ever had to disassemble 550 cord bracelets, slings, belts, bootlaces, etc. to use the cord? what did you do? If you didn't have that rope, what would have you have done?
>>
Nobody ever has done that

Because nobody who has one of those tacticool belts or bracelets is a serious outdoorsman and if they are they brought cordage that you dont have to spend an hour untying to use
>>
>>647641
>if they are they brought cordage that you dont have to spend an hour untying to use

pretty much. my main hiking buddies are all lead climbers (which i am not) and rope is always part of their main carry.
>>
>>647653
>using rope for climbing
fuckken noobs
>>
>>647650
on a sling though it looks kinda comfortable though.
>>
File: doughnut.jpg (63KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
doughnut.jpg
63KB, 570x380px
>>647641
Why not just store your cordage in a smart way and not some gimmicky belt or bracelet?
>>
>>647658
that still looks pretty slow to untie m8, I don't think it saves that much space compared to just a big loop with one knot.
>>
>>647660
It's quick as hell actually, meant for fast deployment, you just loosen the end and pull out as much cordage as you need.
>>
File: 1404368840493.jpg (36KB, 293x263px) Image search: [Google]
1404368840493.jpg
36KB, 293x263px
>>647641

Destroying the sling by which you carry / steady your rifle to get cord is stupid. Paracord slings are a gimmicky concept.
>>
>>647673
the sling isn't destroyed. it just a bunch of paracord braided around the canvas. same deal with belts.
>>
>>647660
We do the same eith our extension cords when storing them long term. Takes awhile to get them that way but they pull apart like nothing when you want to untie it
>>
>>647673
It's like living in a ginger bread house while hungry, you house can be food or a home but it can't be both
>>
File: 1421542430611.png (516KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
1421542430611.png
516KB, 680x418px
>>647641
I had to disassemble a friendship bracelet.
>>
>>647641

I used a bracelet one...used it for a tie down for my truck. If I'm our in a forest, I got actual cord meet for stuff.
>>
Just tried it. It wasn't so so quick and the length was short.
>>
>>647641
I have a 30' (just shy of 10m for you bongs) length of paracord tied in a blaze bar. I can unravel it in about five seconds, and it's enough cord to set camp.
>>
>be wearing tacticool paracord belt
>airplane crashes in Canadian wilderness
>only make it out with a hatchet and my belt
>take belt apart to make shelter
>get up to get more wood
>pantsontheground.webm
>trip and fall face first onto hatchet
>die because my face cut in half
I never understood why anyone would make an essential piece of clothing out of something that's meant to be taken apart.
>>
>>648109
tie some string around your waist,idgaf a bracelet isn't essential.
i never understood why someone would essentially just shit post on /out/
>>
>>647641
Only time ever was when my turk's head bracelet wore out and started unraveling and i had to cut the rest of it off. I only wore it in the first place to show off that I was a sailor (and because a girl sailor friend made it for me), not as emergency cordage.

Carrying your cordage on your wrist for any other reason than to show off your macrame skill is retarded, because it gets dirty and frays at warp speed. Just stick a buntline coil in your pack.
>>
>>648109
op pic belt is a functioning belt if you take paracord off look closer.
it's also possible to use a single string (about 1/40 of the total length of your paracord) to tie up pants until you get natural cordage or leather.
it's also possible to take out the inner treads use them to build stuff and use the sheath to tie up your fucking pants.
>>
>>647658
>>647660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUwb1iYTElc
looks nice it will definitely unravel fast
>>
>>648126
I never got why """survivalists""" don't just pack something like this. Do they enjoy spending an hour to undo the knot? Why don't they want a longer one for the same weight?
>>
>>648141
i pack these obviously because i don't like fucking around with retrieving expensive rope.
i can just cut these off and leave them in the woods all natural and shit.
paracord is last resort shit. you tie your shoes with paracord for example gives you a nice 10-12 feet of paracord in total you take out the inner treads yuo can still tie shoes with sheath.
>>
>>647641
I just braid my own so I have some compact paranoid wherever.
Pic related about 5 mins to make
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>648146
Forgot pic
>>
>>648148
Same thing as the doughnut
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.