[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I'm new to /out/doorsy stuff and I need to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: rugged yo.jpg (24KB, 236x362px) Image search: [Google]
rugged yo.jpg
24KB, 236x362px
Okay, so I'm new to /out/doorsy stuff and I need to buy some better clothes for hiking and camping, but I don't have a ton of money so I need those clothes to double as practical and everyday-wearable. What are some good brands for /out/ fashion?
>>
Columbia, patagonia, TNF, Polerstuff, Fjallraven, some REI stuff. Pretty much everyone who makes outdoor stuff will have some good looking stuff too.
>>
Go to stores like Cabela's, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, REI, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc you can get either 3rd party or the house brand. If you don't want to spend a lot of money check out the clearance sections and BUY OUT OF SEASON. I can't stress buying out of season enough, when a store stocks seasonal displays they WILL mark it down. You can expect to buy stuff 30-75% off if you don't buy it before or at the start of a season.
>>
I've been looking for this image for ages.

thx anon.

>tfw no rugged bf
>>
>>644232
if you're poor I could suggest 2 things: -clearance stores like Winners in Canada and I guess the equivalent is TJ max in the US.
-Value Village and goodwill.

you'd be amazed at the stuff you can find sometimes for dirt cheap. Value Village is not as cheap as it once was, especially for certain brand names which they charge stupidly high prices.
>>
>>645507
a gril in the wild!
femanon, are you hot
>>
>>646691
>Implying thats a grill

Do you know where you are ?
>>
>>646701
He lost his way from tumbler to reddit. The PewDiePie videos redirected him here.
>>
File: Sans titre2.jpg (341KB, 1227x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre2.jpg
341KB, 1227x1155px
>>
>>644250
>but I don't have a lot of money
>suggest fjallraven
Nice

Try out geartrade.com, online retailers like backcountry and moosejaw sell their returns for cheap there. Lots of good finds. Got an incredible TNF jacket for $75 instead of $300 and a super nice MH dry q elite jacket for $235 off. They had some dog hair on them, otherwise fine
>>
I never really understood outdoor clothing- most of this shit I wear around town is fine for a couple nights on the trail. That said, Im what the kids here call granola I guess. Still, the only specialty outdoor clothing I own are boots and socks.
>>
>>646691
Fuck off
>>
>>644250
>Columbia, patagonia,

be careful with brands like this and check the tag for what factory its made in. a lot of these companies are notorious for making parody products that sell as fashion items in big box stores.

north face is the perfect example. two north face jackets can look "the same" but the one you get direct for $450.00 is goretex and sealed... the one you get at the sporting good store for 100.00 is going to be shit and made for fashion.
>>
Marmot. Forks mountain suit
>>
>>646869
*Gorka mountain suit
>>
>>646869
im semi new to /out/ (but not the outdoors) and i have noticed that marmot gets a lot of love here.

just curious to know what so many people put marmot > mtn hardware

is it a more bang for the buck thing or is the quality better?
>>
>>646872
I personally associate mtn hardware with people trying to look cool instead of having decent gear
>>
>>646872
It's typically cheaper for about the same quality. That being said, I have a Mountain Hardwear prodeals account so it's cheaper for me to get their stuff.
>>
>>644232
when I look at this photo I rage on a couple of levels. Why is he so far out into a river or stream net a fish. Why did he then not use the net. Why was leather a good idea for wading and why is he using hip waders. Then he is wearing underclothes that virtually guarantee hypothermia if he falls in. And then why is he holding a fish by the neck like that and what appears to be a female lake trout in a river.
>>
mil surplus and used clothes can be considered
and like another anon mentioned, wait for the sales to start unless you gotta go /out/ right now
>>
>>646720
>Full vintage clothes
>Arctic Rubber boots
Might you explain the rationale behind this?
Also, what trousers are these?
>>
>>646741
I'm almost inclined to agree, as long as you're not wearing cotton while out. Cotton is easily the worst material for backcountry clothing.
>>
>>644232
For clothing, go to second hand stores and thrift shops. You'd be surprised at what people donate. Plebes look for big brands like Columbia and north Face, but carhart is better than both.
>>
>>644232
L.L Fuckin' Bean.

/Thread
>>
>>649547
Love my Carharrt stuff. Super durable and comfy. But most of the clothing they offer is just too heavy and bulky for backpacking, climbing, and mountaineering.
>>
>>644232
>poorfag brands
MEC, REI, Hi-Tec, L.L. Bean (they have free shipping and their shit is good quality), Woolovers. Also look for milsurp and gear swaps.

>Richfag, maybe affordable if on clearance
Icebreaker, Arcteryx

Columbia makes good shells, but that's about it. Their shoes last 2-3 years of regular use, tops.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.