[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I figured you guys would know more about this than I would But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 20151125_132740.jpg (3MB, 2713x2436px) Image search: [Google]
20151125_132740.jpg
3MB, 2713x2436px
I figured you guys would know more about this than I would
But today I was walking through some woods
( 2 sq miles surrounded by houses in a fairly big city) not
really looking to do anything spectacular just figured it would be
fun. But I found this seemingly severed doe head laying in some brush
keep in mind, i found no blood, no body, no real trails besides deer
paths, Des Moines IA, skull cleaved clean through no brain, looking at
the spine not shown in the picture it almost looks ripped off the body.
Wtf happened? i feel like it would be weird for someone to just do this
so close to where people live and I really doubt any predator did this.
>>
File: 20151125_132626.jpg (3MB, 2787x2713px) Image search: [Google]
20151125_132626.jpg
3MB, 2787x2713px
other angle at the face, no molars could be found anywhere around it
>>
It was a buck, Someone probably hit it with a car and cut the head off, then cut the rack off at home and disposed of the head in the woods.. Where was this at?
>>
File: 1432513189248.jpg (111KB, 712x750px) Image search: [Google]
1432513189248.jpg
111KB, 712x750px
2 SPOOKY
>>
>>636565
no fucking way. the antlers are way farther back than that.
>>
headshot, head removed, rest taken home and processed most likely.
>>
scavengers eat the soft tissues first.
Some hunter killed this deer, took the antlers.
Some scavenger dragged this away from the kill site to snack without competition.
Ate brains.
Ate lips.
got full and left.
>>
>>636563
>severed doe head

Like other anons said, that's not a doe.

This is the exact way I removed the antlers from first deer I killed.
>>
>>636563
Coyotes probably dragged it away from the carcass dump site after the hunter got all the meat and antlers off it.

Normal, nothing spoopy about it. Sorry, /x/.
>>
>>636593
Coyotes in a forest in central Iowa surrounded mostly by metropolitan space?
>>
>>636596
Coyotes are everywhere, you just never see them, friend.

Just like those bobcats lurking in the brush as they watch you pass.
>>
>>636563
I'm guessing someone processed a kill (poorly) and took the brains to to later brain-tan the hide
>>
>>636572
I think you're wrong and have never seen a buck deer. Take a look at pictures of a buck's head.
>>
>>636563

Someone poached a buck, grabbed the antlers, and dumped the rest.
>>
You ever see a thread where the OP already had their minds up about something and just wants everyone to agree? That's this thread. So OP, either you yourself dragged the head out or a coyote did it. You probably assume skin walker though, don't you? Seeing as you shoot logical answers down.
>>
>>636596
It doesn't have to be a coyote, either. Raccoons, possums, skunks, birds of prey, etc. all eat carcasses. I used to trap fox and coyotes using deer carcasses as bait and always caught more of everything I mentioned than what I was targeting. Even feral cats and stray dogs would likely munch on it.
>>
>>636616
>poached

its hunting season m8
middle of 3 hunting seasons in IA to be exact
sounds exactly what the other anons were talking about
>>
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>636596
Coyotes can be found inside metropolitan areas fool.
>>
>>636563
The Brains are used to tan the hide. My assumption upon seeing this as it looks rather clean would be a hunter took and quartered the deer taking the pelt the meat and the brain to tan the pelt as well as the antlers leaving behind the head which he/or she found useless.
>>
down here in oskaloosa Id say it was stripped of the antlers. not sure how they do it up there in the big city
>>
>>637082
I just looked up brain tanning. I want to try it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.