[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /out/ We got our first snow in Michigan and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: barefoot_running_shoes_1_.jpg (66KB, 553x377px) Image search: [Google]
barefoot_running_shoes_1_.jpg
66KB, 553x377px
Dear /out/
We got our first snow in Michigan and I don't want to look like a nig nog and get a pair of Timberland boots
What coats/boots do you guys recommend for cold, slippery weather?
Also has anyone had any experience with these shoes? Worth or not worth?
>>
Can't tell you the brand, but still use my Army issued cold weather boots.
Waterproofed leather, goretex lined, vibram soles.

Prolly can snag some from a surplus store for a decent price and they've lasted me close to a decade of western NY winters.
>>
>>634409
May I see a photo of them?
>>
>>634401
"Coat" --> Wool base, down/fleece middle layer, and a softshell

For boots I like La Sportiva, but you should just go to a store and buy the most comfortable boots in your price range. Also look into buying some crampons if your worried about slipping while /out/.
>>
>>634401
They are bad for your feet apparently. One brand had to give money back to its costumers
>>
>>634401
They did some false advertising saying it helped blood flow and such and had to give some money out. I bought a pair of classics around 10 years ago and wore them a whole lot until my foot grew and they started to hurt my pinky toe. I enjoyed them because I'm somewhat of a minimalist and I felt more in touch with the ground and all that lame sounding stuff.
If you buy them try on both feet because sometimes you'll have one foot to be longer than the other.
>>
>>634401
I've got the neoprene/diver vibrams. Used them for light hiking, mostly through rivers/creeks. They're pretty delicate (keep them toe nails short, gone through 2 pairs) and don't offer much underfoot protection. Basically they feel like you're walking barefoot for better or worse. Your not going to get any glass embedded in your foot but your arches will bruise if you're not careful. Having that flexibility really is the selling point though, it's just that I've never had anything press directly into the bottom of my feet before. Once you get a feeling for that though it's smooth sailing.

All that said, arch and ankle supported, thick soled, leather boots are the way to go.
>>
File: IMG_20151122_013805.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151122_013805.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>634413
Sorry about the lighting
>>
File: IMG_20151122_013908.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151122_013908.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>634501
>>
>>634426
I wasn't that they were bad for people it was that they made unverified claims of benifits from wearing them.

Also wtf is up with the captcha?
>>
Average white guy here, from MI as well. I think you should get a pair of Timberland boots because you're a white dude. They have plenty of options and styles and are all in a pretty acceptable price range. Another good reason is to support a business that strives incredibly hard to offer a great product at a great price while doing their part for everything that is /out/.
http://responsibility.timberland.com/reporting/goals-and-progress/
>>
Jesus Christ, just get a pair of waterproof Merrells.
>>
>>634409
Danner?
>>
>>634923
timberland soles are slippery as fuck tho.

also, what's up with all these stupid gear threads lately?

>what umbrella will keep me dryest
>look, i bought this 1 $ knife, plz tell me its good
>which plastic bag is the most ultralite
>what are pants

just go on amazon and read some reviews you faggots
>>
>>634945
I have a pair of Danner military spec boots from when I was in the army, I bought them myself tho. Extremely nice boots, waterproof, supportive, we'll insulated and I have had them for years.
>>
>>634501
How much insulation do those have? im assuming at least 800gm?
>>
>>635364
Got me any markings besides what's on the soles is long gone seeing as I've had these since 2003
>>
File: r2997654.jpg (121KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
r2997654.jpg
121KB, 500x518px
>>634979
>I need to cut some paracord for my bracelets
>Whoops I meant crafting a primitive spear in the woods
>What is optimal blade shape for knife?

>I will be going camping in my backyard
>Need to cut open protein bar packaging
>Should I get a 8.75 or 8.79in knife?

>Will a hidden tang knife hold up to the hard use I'm going to put it through?
>I plan on whittling some bark
>Will the knife snap?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.