[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is saltwater fish so much easier than freshwater? >go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: costa-rica-fishing.jpg (23KB, 350x234px) Image search: [Google]
costa-rica-fishing.jpg
23KB, 350x234px
Why is saltwater fish so much easier than freshwater?

>go out for some drift fishing or trolling at noon
>3 hours later
>catch dozens of flouder and maybe a dozen keepers

>go freshwater fishing with a bud
>leave at like 3am
>12 hours later
>maybe one or two bites and no keepers
>"Hey, man... this was shitty. We didn't catch anything all day."
>bud finishes off his 16th beer
>"HYUK HYUK! DATS NOT DA POINT OF FISHIN!"

Anyone else a saltwater fiend?
>>
>>634080
Saltwater boats have depth finders, fish finders, charts etc?
When I'm freshwater fishing I ways throw out a second line with live bait

>go freshwater fishing
>catch a dozen lmb
>40 sunfish,crappie,or other panfish

Only time I ever don't catch much is trout fishing. But even then I catch 2 minimum a trip. And a bunch of suckers on my other line
>>
>>634083

>sunfish,crappie,or other panfish

Must be fun catching garbage fish for maw
>>
Saltwayer fishing is boring though. You just sit on a boat and cast, rather than trekking through bush to find a good hole in a river or creek

Its like the difference between getting laid and getting a hooker. Theres no thrill of the hunt, and its way more expensive
>>
>>634080
Bigger body of water obviously.
Go to the great lakes and you'll catch plenty of fish with little effort
>>
>implying fishing is actually about catching fish
sometimes it just ruins the mood
>>
>>634080
Sounds like your friend sucks at fishing.
>>
>>634105

Fuck off
>>
>>634116
it's true m8
>>
>>634080
It's not about the fish, OP.

Sounds like you have some shitty freshwater spots.

t. saltwater and freshwater fisherman
>>
>>634116
kys
>>
>>634083
> sunfish,crappie,or other panfish
Shit taste confirmed.
>>
>>634083
>Saltwater boats have depth finders, fish finders, charts etc?

some do but not when I used to go out

all you do is go to the proper spot and drop a line for flounders or just look for sea gulls swarming and catch a shit ton of bluefish

also another reason freshwater is such shit it because the fish don't even put up a good fight like bluefish/striper/shark/tuna
>>
>>634330
I've never had an issue catching fish in either fresh or salt water,
And sometimes I have more fun catching hundreds of bluegill, than waiting. Hours. To get a big shark
Mako fishing is fun, not so much fun when you don't get anything or its not on your rod
>>
>>634339
I sometimes enjoy sitting at a lake and reeling in all those little fish one after another, but it you try and trout fish in a river things can get annoying

at least with salt water you can ditch your plan for whever and go catch some bluefish and they put up a good fight

I just love anything big on the end of my line and could never compare it to freshwater from what i've experienced
>>
>>634353
Everyone does. That's why one of my go to for freshwater is sucker fishing.
Rarley get any under 18 inches
All pull quite hard once they realise they've been hooked
Nohing explosive but some stripping runs. On ultralight
And can catch as many as 40 plu in a day

Bluefish are fun but get boring after a day or two of diamond jigging with 12-18 oz LEDs
Arms get tired too
>>
>>634157
Is not liking panfish a thing?

Saltwater fish are fine, but I love panfish
>>
>>634479

IDK man, bluegill is some of the tastiest fish there is, dude's prolly one of those snooty fly fishermen that spend a thousand bucks just on their rod, catch what you want man, who gives a shit what some uppity rich fag thinks.
>>
>>634080
For me its the opposite. Grew up fishing fresh agua so I know what to look for, what to use...

Fast forward to Im living on an Island surrounded by salty waters and I havent caught anything worth bragging about. Im clueless.
Learning now but it was harder at first. Shorefishing though, no boat.
>>
File: 1.jpg (3MB, 1975x2078px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3MB, 1975x2078px
NC saltwater is very worth it.
>>
>>635413
stop skipping leg day.
>>
>>635419
I like hearing fat girls whine about how my legs are nicer than theirs.
>>
>>634080
Australian Saltwater fisherman reporting in.
I know your pain OP.
I recently went on a week long camping trip and put in MANY hours chasing freshwater Barramundi and didnt catch one. And this isnt the first trip that this has happened.
But i can go to any saltwater creek in the middle of the day and bag out on Bream or Flathead or Whiting.
Saltwater fishing is where it is at.
>>
>>634479
It's a baitpost, all those fish are great.
>>
>>635425
Oooooooooooooo!
Oooooooooooooo!
That's a fucking burn there.
>>
>>634157

All of those taste delicious

>>634330

I have had both sturgeon and musky pull hard enough to make me think about cutting the line before I went over. Had something pull my boat through a channel and into another lake once, but the line broke and to this day I have no idea what it was since the beghest fish in that lake is supposed to be bass/pike.
>>
File: A real Char actor.jpg (108KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
A real Char actor.jpg
108KB, 960x720px
fresh water fish take skill to catch
salt water fish, you just cast a line on each side of the boat and wait
no action or presentation necessary
>>
>>634086
Fishing thread. And you got these fuckers throwing out free bait... Oh the irony. >>634157

Honestly if your fishing for food. You use a net anyway or a cage.

If youre using a rod expect bad spots. You gotta move around..

Also pan fish are godtier fish. If you skuff your nose at panfish. Then you probably enjoy catfish, mudfish, and carp on the daily.
>>
>>634080
It's not a matter of saltwater or freshwater, its a matter of knowing where to fish. The ocean is bigger though, by a lot, so there's plenty more spots.

I enjoy and have better luck in the freshwater spots I have access to than the saltwater ones.
>>
I like fishing for halibut. You drop your line and try to find a hole then you get tired and reel your line up. "Dammit my line must have snagged something. It's coming up heavy". Minutes later "what is that? Looks like I snagged a board". Soon you start to make out an eye then the halibut thinks ok time to go back to the bottom. Your drag makes the Zzzzzzzzzzzzz noise then you yell "fish on!!!!" Then you try and reel it up for the next hour.
>>
>>634080
Saltwater fishing is best fishing.
It's more exciting.
Fish taste better.
Saltwater is just a way cooler environment.
Like you said it's easier.

Only reason to go freshwater fishing is lack of access to saltwater.
>>
>>634080
>Why is saltwater fish so much easier than freshwater?

because you own a fucking boat
>>
What about saltwater fishing off a pier? I caught a ribbon fish after throwing a jig for over an hour.
>>
>>634087
Someone has never fished Florida. So many fish there are euryhaline that the lines are pretty blurred. You can catch snook and tarpon in the open ocean, miles inland, and in a fuckton of little mangrove forests and generally out of the way areas.
>>
>>637782
>muh opinions
I must respectfully disagree. Beaches are great, taking a boat on the ocean is sick, but I still prefer the Out feel of fresh water fishing.
Im a central canada fag so I am bias being surrounded by some of the best lake country.
>>
>>639248
On the topic of fish/ fishing quality,
Some fish taste better then others obviously, you might not always get what you want but ive never walked away empty handed after a day of fishing.
>>
>>634080
You're just bad at fishing. If I don't catch anything in fifteen minutes or so, I go to a new spot.
>>
>>639221
True, I was thinking saltwater = open water but i guess that isnt always the case
>>
File: location_map3.jpg (106KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
location_map3.jpg
106KB, 800x800px
>>639248
yeah, minnesotafag here... Lake fishing is all we know. I've been saltwater fishing a few time, florida mangroves and the chesapeake bay. Both times got pretty good catches, fishing in the mangroves was crazy though... it's like they wanted to be caught haha
>>
>>639248
We canadians have an unfair advantage over the muricans in this aspect, we have way better freshwater fishing and better landscape surrounding it all.

I can definetly see the appeal of fishing where there is nothing around for 10 miles when you live in a crowded urban area, but to me some of the appeal comes from simply having running water infront of you and natural forest behind
>>
>>634080
N O V I C E
O
V
I
C
E
>>
>>634080
Only if you have a boat.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.