[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember, when your city is flooding and on fire be sure to grab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Assault Innertube.jpg (126KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Assault Innertube.jpg
126KB, 540x960px
Remember, when your city is flooding and on fire be sure to grab all your innawoods gear and pack in into your.... innnertube. Then hold the paddle upside down while paddling for your life.

Does anyone actually read these things? To me they seem like the National Enquirer of the outdoor industry

The school shooter takedown drills article looks interesting, though
>>
>>634060
> paddle upsidedown

Obvious kayak paddle.

Actually in the early '80's "survival" mag were very popular and quite informative.

I still have a box of Survive, American Survivalist and others in onesie, twosies.
>>
>>634060

They make excellent reading material when you're shitting.
>>
File: 1371634087194.jpg (87KB, 597x398px) Image search: [Google]
1371634087194.jpg
87KB, 597x398px
>>634066
in the 1980s magazines were the internet of the time.

if you couldnt beat a video game, and the cheat codes werent in nintendo power, you were fucked.
>>
>>634060
>Does anyone actually read these things?
Yep. Generally yuppies who have never been camping without an RV and are just following the trend now that "prepping" is a mainstream thing.

>To me they seem like the National Enquirer of the outdoor industry
That's about right.
>>
>>634113
By yuppies you meant rednecks, right? This kind of nonsense is conservatard prepper fap material.
>>
File: 1ef.jpg (54KB, 350x447px) Image search: [Google]
1ef.jpg
54KB, 350x447px
you laugh now, but when your city's on fire while simultaneously being flooded...
>>
>>634127
>By yuppies you meant rednecks, right?
theres actually a big prepper culture in the city nowadays since a lot of yuppies are in the newer burbs close to the countryside.

the whole redneck thing is actually only a small part of most preppers, although you wouldnt think that if youve ever been to a gunshow.
>>
>>634070
Is this what the 80's really looked like?
>>
>>634182
Let me clue you:

NO internet
NO cell phones
NO tablets
NO GPS
NO CDs
NO Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (which actually goes without saying)
NO AIDS, until about 1984...

We had twin towers, faith, pride, strength, technology that broke the ground for what we now have.

It didn't happen overnight, like you did.
>>
>>634127
You're joking, right? Prepping has been a mainstream middle-class thing for years now (it even had a goddamn TV show) and as such there at least three or four publications aimed at this demographic along with extant magazines featuring much more relevant content.
>>
>>634182
If you were one of the cool kids...
>>
>>634238
>NO CDs
Poorfag detected.
>>
>>634060
Don't forget your music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkYQZMKt6Y4
>>
>>634408
Right?
>MiniDisc master race
>>
>>634127
No, he means yuppies. Most of these magazines are aimed at the 30 to 50 professional crowd with gobs of disposable income. Pick one up, read it sometime. You'll see what I mean. Look at the ratio of full-page ads to byline copy. Look at the amount of product placement in the articles. The target demographic is in the 6 digit income range, easily enough.

Your post was an uninterrupted string of tired meme-speak. What's up with that?
>>
>>634408
Cassettes were the happening thing. Smaller and lighter than 8 track, you could get upwards of 30 minutes of music on each tape. Four tapes had about the same weight and bulk as a paperback book.

It was a simpler time. We didn't have the internet, or cell phones. If you wanted to learn something you read a book, motherfucker. If you wanted to communicate with somebody, you went to their location and talked to them. Or called their landline. No answer? Leave a message on the answering machine, which was a specialized cassette recorder.

You got your news twice a day. Morning newspaper and evening news with Walter Cronkite. Wanna know why the war on drugs is such a huge issue? Because it wasn't happening on the other side of an ocean. It was right here, right now, and we could see the results everywhere. Anything else was somebody else's problem.

You have no idea how insulated from the world we were.
>>
>>634066
>>634070
Maybe scan the more interesting ones sometime? Those are always the best threads on /k/.
>>
>>634514

>He was alive in the 80s

Lol, get out of here grandpa
>>
>>634541
> he is an ignorant shitposting punk

Get out of here ignorant shitposting punk.
>>
>>634408
>>634450

What ev. CD's were like $30/ea.
Cassettes were more like $8-12/ea.
Minimum wage was like $3.10.
College grads made $12/hr.
Radio was free.
MTV and 91X didn't SUCK until the '90's.
>>
Bought one of those at a gas station.(not the one pictured) Can not seem to make myself throw it away yet because it was expensive as hell, and I haven't finished reading it yet. I haven't finished reading it because it's boring as hell. The reason it is boring as hell is because they basically just put all of the stuff we all know already from the internet into a magazine.
Looks like this one is trying to capitalize on the floods we had recently. A kayak or a boat would be good to have. But the flood already came and gone, so buying one 'just in case' would be stupid as hell.
Also lol at somebody living in a high-rise metro area having an inflatable kayak.

The one I bought has a guy and his dog on the front. And yes it is all just an advertisement for mostly crap gear.
You NEED these goggles and paw protectors for your dog. And THIS PARTICULAR Sony two-way radio.
You MUST HAVE this overpriced rain suit. I know campmor has one twice as good as this one at half the price. But you must have THIS ONE
>>
>>635608
> selling the mind virus
>>
>>635608
Backwoodsman is a great magazine, no shilling for major brands, and tons of useful tips and information. They only publish 6 issues a year, though.
>>
>>634541
What, you think you hipsters invented /out/?

I was /out/ on 4 continents before you were born. And I have a stack of badly faded instamatic pics to prove it. That was another feature of the times- no digital photography. Your camera held enough film for 24 or 36 shots, then you had to reload. Rolls or cartridges of exposed film had to be kept protected until you could get them developed. I used to mail mine to my parents, they would have them developed for me.
>>
>>635625
Congrats, oldtimer. Would you like a vintage, 1980's terminator themed cake to commemorate your one of the oldest people on this board?

>>634066
Yes, it's a kayak paddle, but he's still holding it upside down. The longest part of the blade is supposed to be on top.
>>
>>636171
>your
*you're

Not even the anon you replied to; 1981 here, and I'm nowhere near the oldest fag on 4chins.
>>
>>636176
>1981 here

Is that your birthyear or Graduation date?
>>
>>636267
'84, myself. You may not be old enough to realize it yet, but some people actually learned from experiences that you haven't had yet. If you were smart enough to realize that you aren't as smart as you think, you could actually learn a lot.
>>
>>634067
Just like this thread now
>>
>>636300
> Holy fucking assumptions, Batfucker!

I ask as I graduated High School in 1980.

So assumptions...
>>
>>636366
So you remember when calculators had 4 functions, were the size of a paperback, lasted 3 hours on a fresh set of AA batteries, and cost upward of $50.

I was class of 78, we weren't allowed to use anything besides a slide rule for math class.
>>
>>636437
In that case, you're all right!

> 10/10 would hike with exp. people over punks

> 8/10 would hike with punks to teach them exp.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.