[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going on a 4 or 5 day hunting trip with my brother in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 002.jpg (92KB, 970x727px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
92KB, 970x727px
I'm going on a 4 or 5 day hunting trip with my brother in law. We are driving then taking atv's, I don't have an atv so my dad lent me his 2005 Honda Forman 500. I looked up online it has a 4.2 gallon fuel capacity. My brother in law said we will be traveling about 25-35 miles round trip on the atvs. How much fuel should I bring?

Anything else I should bring?

I'm bringing lighters, gas, tent, sleeping bag, and Remington ADL 700

I've hunted before but never more then a few miles in and never over night
>>
>>630752
Well, you should probably find out what mileage you're gonna get.
>>
Have you asked your dad? He would know his ATV best.
>>
>>630758
How can I do that? Just drive it until the fuel gauge shoes a quarter empty?

>>630763
I did. He actually only uses it to plow the driveway and get the mail
>>
>>630815
Sure. Top it off, set your trip, do some trail riding for a while, top it off again and divide the trip count by the amount you filled it back up with.
>>
>>630752

Should be more than enough fuel if it's only 25-35 miles for the whole trip. You should take an extra 3-4 gallons if you're doing that every day.

It probably gets about 40 mpg.
>>
You'll have plenty of fuel for the entire trip on one tank. You should be able to go 100 miles or more on a single tank.
>>
>>630752
If the atv is fueled injected you'll get great gas milage. I ride every weekend and done some pretty long hauls. Just keep cash on you incase you come out around a little gas station somewhere. Also, I like to freeze liters of water and bring them. They work for icd, but when they melt you get good cold drinking water. Also canned foods are easy to pack and can be cooked with their lids off. Extra socks and extra jacket is always a plus. You'll think you have all the clothes you need until you have them all on and the wind from riding chills you to the bone, so it'd always a good idea to keep a hoodie that's not party of your layering system. And last but not least, a tarp. If a quick storm rolls in you can use your bungies to make a makeshift shelter. I've slept in these things several times and actually enjoy it better than a tent because it's easy to put up and take down.
>>
your close. My exact one from OPs pic gets about 75 miles, not stopping/starting often

>>631250
....running in cold. (ontario winters)
>>
>>632678
Lol I was close then.

Back when I used to ride my honda dud 100 miles on a tank, was only a 250cc though, but had a smaller tank.
>>
>>630752
You need to find out your mileage. Then bring one third more than you need. So for your overall fuel capacity: one third out, one third back, one third in reserve. This is the rule of thumb for boating so it should work just fine with ATVs.
>>
If it's a 4 gallon tank then take a 5 gallon fuel jug with you and you have enough for peace of mind. Warning though, sloshing gas cans for 30 miles is really REALLY annoying. Just ask the man if you'll have enough fuel for the trip and back. I'm amazed you came to the Internet first instead of your own family.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.