[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Seattle. What should I do as soon as I get there besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 03026_seattleskyline_1920x1080.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
03026_seattleskyline_1920x1080.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Moving to Seattle. What should I do as soon as I get there besides go to the Space Needle?
>>
Move away from that hellish city of gloom and rain.
>>
>>630690
Don't go up the Space Needle. It's an overpriced, poorly managed tourist trap.

The Columbia Tower observation deck has a better view for cheaper and the best view of downtown Seattle is free at Kerry Park.

Speaking of, Seattle has awesome parks. Enjoy them.
>>
>>630690
Try to avoid the plague of Hipsters.

Check out:
- Boeing Museum
- Gig Harbor C Closer to Bremerton )
- Live on a Houseboat.
>>
Rainier
>>
>>630690
the rock and roll museum was cool if you're into that.
>>
>>630690

even if you get on the Space Needle, all you're going to see is Seattle. The skyline is not that crazy.
>>
>>630690
Travel the Olympic peninsula, visit the San Juan islands, go to Victoria BC, get in the cascades, visit eastern WA, etc etc.
>>
Go to the Olympic peninsula, dude. The PNW forest is one of the most beautiful natural environments in North America.
>>
>>631179
>>631170
The Olympic peninsula is home to the largest concentration of Endicott forts on the west coast.
>>
>>630690
Well if you're on /out/ for a reason, you owe it to yourself to explore the entirety of Washington's stretch of the cascades.
>>
>>631522
This, there's lots of great hiking just east on I90, but it can get pretty crowded.

If you can, head North to Stevens Pass, South to Enumclaw or over Snoqualmie to the Teanaway area. Lots of great hiking and a lot fewer people.
>>
>>631534
True story.
If you don't like crowds, avoid I90 corridor like the plague. North cascades are where it's at... up past rockport and marblemount on US20, thunder creek, etc. The whole area is a huge network of trails and camps. Teanaway is great for a trek east, also up past Salmon la Sac, Fortune creek area, Esmeralda basin, etc.
>>
>>630690
Drive to Vancouver, BC and have fun in the glorious riverside forests
>>
>>631574
The trick to hiking Snoqualmie is to either go during the week or to push past the easy hikes and go deeper. Like everybody and their dog hikes to Snow Lake, but almost nobody pushes on to Gem or the Wildcats. Same thing with all the lakes around Pratt Mtn and Mt. Defiance, most people don't go deep enough to hit the better spots back there.

If you give yourself a few extra hours you can really leave the crowds behind.

There's great network of trails down by Enumclaw that covers Little Ranger peak, Lost Lake and Noble Knob that are pretty quiet most of the time, too.
>>
>>630715
>avoid hipsters
>live on houseboat

ummm...
>>
>>631580
Trick? That goes for every network of trails.
Even then you'll come across groups. Less often sure, but you will, and if you're staying more than one night, it's almost guaranteed during peak hiking months.

Point is, if you're not in Baker, or Gifford Pinchot, you're doing it wrong. Normie.
>>
Head on over to Anacortes and ask for a guy named Phil Elverum. Last I heard, he still offers free homoerotic wrestling sessions on the summit of Mount Erie.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.