[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Canada from UK in the new year, a large factor is better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: t0n5ysuvdt56ts.jpg (38KB, 420x604px) Image search: [Google]
t0n5ysuvdt56ts.jpg
38KB, 420x604px
Moving to Canada from UK in the new year, a large factor is better /out/.
But also either furthering or changing career.

Anyone packed up their lives and just went somewhere they thought was better?

Any tips on settling in to Canada and making /out/ buddies? Wife enjoys camping, but have to go easier when out with her.
>>
>>628691
Which province do you plan to go?
>>
>>628802
Bc first... Vancouver for the film work, but planning to travel about.
>>
>>628691
Your best bet to find /out/ friends is rural areas, there are plenty of them. Most people are pretty friendly, just strike up conversation when you find an area you wanna camp. Eventually you'll find someone with interest. Find some parties/bars and just mingle is what I'd recommend. For getting used to Canada, get used to the weather. It gets very cold in deep winter, BC is milder than where I am from but your still going to need a good winter jacket. I'd recommend checking out some snowboard/ski shops, atmosphere or MEC. Albertan here
>>
>>628691
thinking of doing the same, how long did the process take you?
>>
>>628869
Film work in america and canada is fucking grueling just so you know. 16 to 18 hour days are normal for weeks on end and then no work for months.
Its well paid here and the off time is great for getting /out/ but you need to know it is not an easy life by any means.
>>
>>628907
>Your best bet to find /out/ friends is rural areas
wat
all the farmers I know car camp at best, if they /out/ at all it's usually just hunting and fishing. It's more the middle class city kids who go on wilderness canoe trips.

if you go bush it's different but there's not much work in the bush
>>
>>630058
>just hunting and fishing

You realize that is the majority of this board right?
You are in the minority with your faggy city boy who just collects gear attitude/
>>
>>628691
UK resident here equally looking for better /out/ opportunities and a career change.

Did you line up work before you left? What's your background?
>>
>>628691
I had the same idea in mind too. I've heard great stuff about the Canadian Shield and the Rockies. Which side is better? Pacific or Atlantic?
>>
>>630144
Pacific
BC lower mainland/ vancouver island has a much milder climate and you are within driving distance of pretty much any /out/ activity
It also doesnt get so brutal during the winter that cant leave your house
>>
>>630189
But you still get snow right?
I do like travels in winter snow.
>>
>>630189
>Vancouver
Bring money

>>630197
>Snow
The north shore mountains do, but the appeal is being able to get to snow in a couple of hours without it clogging up the street 5 months out of the year. Calgary is about to get cheaper, but fewer jobs.
>>
>>630060
yikes stay mad
>>
>>630206
You dont have to live IN vancouver
Lower mainland is a big place
White rock, Chilliwack or maple ridge all much cheaper and still within range if everything

Chilliwack is very /out/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.