[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really not sure how to feel. On the one hand my state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: littering-national-forest.jpg (116KB, 487x366px) Image search: [Google]
littering-national-forest.jpg
116KB, 487x366px
I'm really not sure how to feel. On the one hand my state has thousands of free campspots but on the other they are so plentiful that we all feel OK about trashing them.
>>
File: pack-it-out-tp-in-woods.jpg (198KB, 552x692px) Image search: [Google]
pack-it-out-tp-in-woods.jpg
198KB, 552x692px
Do you shit right next to your campsite?
>>
Looks like a homeless camp.
>>
>>628407
Homeless/vagabond anon here. Actually in my experience its the inbetween people that do this. They're like the people camping one time a year, be it a hobo who goes up to the national forests or a family of 5 and the neighbors. They aren't there all the time and don't think about it plus when it comes time to do something with the trash they just toss it in a pile of collected litter before the highway assuming its fine. I mean, realistically every story is different, but we shouldn't give up our national forest/blm rights as citizens. Its everyone's forest.
>>
>>628414
>Its everyone's forest.
It's the taxpayers' forest you parasite
>>
That shits fucked up I hate seeing shit like this I always pack out what I pack in and most of the time I end up getting bags and cleaning up trash like that as far as the shitting I wouldn't do it near my camp at all and you should alway bury it if at all possible that's just being lazy
>>
>>628400
At least it's all biodegradable
>>
File: garbage dump.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
garbage dump.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>628431
>At least it's all biodegradable
That TP will be around for a while.
>>
>>628394
It takes a real level of scum to do something like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (276KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276KB, 960x720px
I've been having this same problem with slob campers trashing the campsites around the local lake. Seems to be a bunch of rich high school kids mostly, judging by the items left behind. The last time I cleaned up behind them, I piled all the burnable trash in the fire pit but didn't light it cuz it was so dry and windy. When I returned about 10 days later, they had returned and built a fire in the pit but flung the trash out in all directions instead of burning it. While cleaning it up the second time, I found a baggie of some top shelf bud they'd dropped. It was lying there in plain view but there was so much garbage littering the ground that they didn't spot it before leaving.
>>
>>628550
Bury some fireworks or bullets in the fire pit. just below the surface.
>>
File: trash-marijuana-growing.jpg (72KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
trash-marijuana-growing.jpg
72KB, 575x431px
>>628414
>Actually in my experience its the inbetween people that do this

And Mexicans.

http://www.livescience.com/17417-marijuana-growers-national-forests.html
>>
>>628577
Uh... I also regularly use the fire pits
>>
I do a lot of target shooting and hiking and seeing this kind of shit always bums me out. I usually come home with a couple contractor bags of waste, maybe a shopping bags worth of it is usually mine. Growing up near the BWCAW I distinctly remember on one occasion losing a bait lid on the way back and spending fifteen minutes driving the boat back and forth only to find that clear mother fucker floating an inch below the chop.
>>628577
Sounds hilarious to spook some polluting filth with a firework mortar buried in a ziplock bag clanking style but the possibility of someone getting hurt, someone with some decency and respect especially, is a huge turn off. And let's be honest, anything less is just underkill for filth of that caliber, they'll never learn anyway. You can ticket this kind of faggot and they'll be spotted a week later dumping trash somewhere else.
>>628597
FWIW cartridges are fairly harmless outside of a chamber where they can build pressure, like firecracker level dangerous. Gun powder requires pressure to burn correctly, otherwise it just disperses and cartridges won't propagate unless enclosed in an extremely small and strong space. Firefighters in their roll out gear don't even need to worry about them in a house fire, even in large quantities such as might be present in a store. The only thing they could really do is scratch you (case shrapnel, the bullets are extremely low velocity as it's much heavier than a bit of brass shrapnel), most importantly they can potentially harm your eyes, but with a layer of dirt and maybe ash/char I'd worry much more about a spark in the eye.

On a related note though I scared the crap out of myself one time when the remnants of a firecracker brick I threw in the fire pit went off several fires and weeks later. Realized what happened and laughed.
>>
>>628394
>>628394
Don't be scum. Pack it in. Pack it out.
>>
>>628550

Doing good work, anon.

I tend to carry a couple of heavy duty bin bags in my pack now. Always trash. Worst I've carried out were the remains of some camp chairs and tents that had been burnt.

Get a lot of tree damage up here too, tent pegs buried in trees, fires set against them that kinda stuff.

It's a problem of education, or lack thereof, and of laziness.
>>
>>628414
>Homeless/vagabond anon here
How is the life anon? Living the dream or rough times.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.