[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /out/, I need your help. I hope I don't break any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: german-forest-campsite[1].jpg (817KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
german-forest-campsite[1].jpg
817KB, 1280x853px
Hello /out/, I need your help. I hope I don't break any boardrules/culture with this post.

I am completly new to going camping in the woods. I camped a few times with my dad at official camping spots but I never went into the woods on my own to spend a few nights there.

Can you recommend me some stuff (and brands) that I will need to spend a few nights in the woods somewhat comfortable.

Hunting food is out of question because I life in germany. Tents are a no go aswell, because that would break the law.

I hope you can give me some tips/pointers so I can become a sc/out/ aswell.
>>
File: triggering intensifies.jpg (72KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
triggering intensifies.jpg
72KB, 1000x800px
>mora
>paracord
>hammock
>tarp
>titanium spork
>feller's axe

and pic related should keep you comfy for years to come. :)
>>
>>628296
>Tents are a no go aswell, because that would break the law
What kind of shelter are you allowed to have then?

The only real differences between 1 night and 3 are your food, water, and toiletry requirements. Depending on length you may need a filter, or you can pack in all your water. If you are walking anywhere I would bring some sort of water purification just in case something goes wrong. A sawyer, life straw, or iodine tablets can fulfill this. For long trips where I know I'm going to filter a lot of water I prefer a pump style with an adapter to fill my bladder through the drinking tube instead of removing it from my pack.

Stuff:
Sleeping bag (+pad if sleeping on ground)
Folding chair with arms and cup holder
flask+favorite spirit
dining set- fork, knife, bowl, and cup are all you NEED
cookset- portable stove, one small pot and coffee pot if you so desire
toilet paper, soap, toothbrush+paste, first aid kit
A cigar
A book
Flashlight (LED headlamp preferable for reading)
Fire making materials (ferro rod, lighter, tinder, firestarters, etc)
A knife
Extra rope
Extra socks and underwear
>>
>>628314
Thanks for the input.
when i just build a roof over me I won't get punished as hard as having a full tent build up.
Can you recommend any sleeping bags + pads?
>>
Knife (the size and quality of which is down to personal preference)
Cordage
Pot
Cup
Lighter (ferro rod, etc; again, personal preference)
Hatchet (optional depending on the size and usefulness of your knife)
Whatever else you need/want.
>>
>>628296
>Tents
Why are they not allowed? Just on State land or private?
>>
>>628314
Why bother with all that shit when you can just boil and drink nearly any water?
>>
>>628321
In the free country of germany, you are not allowed to camp in the forest outside of camping sites. Not using a tent gets around that law, because technically you aren't camping. Its stupid.
>>
>>628336
Building a shelter is fine, though?
>>
>>628339
With a tarp, yes
>>
>>628331
Maybe some people don't want to sit around for hours like a retard boiling gallons of water when a $15 product offers a solution
>>
>>628416
>hours
Camp stove or proper fire faggot. Much better than lugging around a load of other bullshit.
>>
In welcher Region lebst du ?
>>
>>628296
Just go to asmc or ranger shop or your nearest bw shop in town and buy used bw things for a unbelievable price, like 5 € cooking set, 1 € esbit, 5 € pants etc....

>>628680
seconded.
>>
Well, if you can't use a tenr, but CAN use a tarp, I'd say you have a fee options.

First, get a good tarp. I'd say a 12x12 would work for you. You can make many types of shelter with just 1 tarp.

For sleeping, I prefer a hammock. They're comfortable, and a great way to experience being /out/.

I'll list a few things, the basics that u personally would take /out/. Because I'm american, I'll just list what I know in usa $, since I don't know exactly what you'd have to pay in Germany.

-Kelty Noah's tarp 12x12, $55
-Grand Trunk ultralight hammock, $20
-atlas straps (suspension for hammock) $20
-20 degree sleeping bag, available anywhere, $50-$100
-closed cell foam sleeping pad $25
-morakniv companion knife $15
-sawyer mini water filter $20
-Stanley cook pot $15
-any flashlight/headlamp $5
-cordage/rope (to hang tarp) $10
-mountain house brand bag meals $6 each (I actually like them)

Keep in mind, this list isn't comprehensive, and not perfect, but if you had all of these things, you could be outside a few days very comfortable. You can add more as you go, or get nicer stuff. Most this stuff I list is cheap/entry level stuff. Awesome to see you trying to get /out/ more.
>>
File: hammock-basics.jpg (119KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
hammock-basics.jpg
119KB, 612x792px
>>628689
Well fuck my spelling and grammar, should proof read when on my phone. Anyways, here's another helpful infographic.
>>
>>628505
True. I like to stop hiking every two hours or so to boil more water
>>
>>628680
Stuttgart
>>
>>628728
Clearly talking about camping, twit.
>>
>>628904
>camping=sitting around a fire boiling water

Sure thing twat
>>
File: go_out_initiative_v1.3.png (567KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
go_out_initiative_v1.3.png
567KB, 1920x1080px
>>628296
Pic related Should give you a decent idea
>>
>>628331
>>628505
>>628331
That's like jumping with only a reserve parachute. Why would you rely purely on boiling, which takes much more time and is generally more of a hassle than a filter that can be had cheap.
>>
>>629118

His idea of being /out/ revolves around boiling water. It's sad really when there are much better things to do
>>
>>629067
There's also a lot of crap information in that picture.

>I don't use my sleeping bag's compression sack so it will stay lofty longer
Don't pack it up tight and store it loose like the manufacturer would recommend
>Boil water
instead of getting a filter that will cost $20
>dried hazelnut for stakes
instead of cheap aluminum/steel from wal-mart
>doesn't explain that wool keeps moisture away from your skin
>bringing bar soap
instead of flushable wipes
>trash bag groundsheet
instead of painter's plastic sheeting
>use a large plastic bag inside your backpack as water protection
Instead of compartmentalizing with ziploc freezer bags
>tarp
instead of a cheap tent that is much better suited for beginners
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.