[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know the extent of campfire laws in the UK If I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: CQkwUPqWgAAdyg0.jpg (73KB, 576x857px) Image search: [Google]
CQkwUPqWgAAdyg0.jpg
73KB, 576x857px
Does anyone know the extent of campfire laws in the UK
If I was to make a campfire on public land i.e any public forests, controlled and out of the way.
Would I expect to find much trouble, and if I was confronted by anyone, could I justify the fire by saying it was legal?
>>
>>626296
Are you even allowed to carry matches in the UK?
>>
>>626297
Yes but you have to have them attached to a special match holder on the outside of your coat. And of course you have to get a license to carry
>>
>>626300
Since it's bongistan, I can't even tell if this is a joke
>>
>>626595
>>626300
/thread
>>
File: 1412656654242.jpg (63KB, 483x604px) Image search: [Google]
1412656654242.jpg
63KB, 483x604px
No.
Pretty much the law for everything in this guff country.
Land owners permission trumps everything.
Do what you want on private land, public land (commons etc) all have pretty blanket nope rules.
You'll get away with it 90% of the time if you're out of the way.
Head to a secluded beach or something.
>>
>>626754
Oh...and if you get caught just say you didn't light it.
You found it and stopped by it to warm up.
They know you are lying but they can't prove it (and why would you bother) to levvy a tiny fine. Probably just get kicked off... worst case scenario the fire brigade are called out...in which case... run the fuck away or you're in some shit for wasting their time / being dangerous
>>
in hungary you are not allowed to light a fire except at the designated fireplaces where the trees and everything is cleared around several meters and it has a stone and concrete basis. and you can only use the wood you bring not even allowed to burn deadfall.

that's the rule so far i have only built fires somewhere else and from deadfall and cut down trees left to dry. the fine if get caught is laughable and you usually only get a warning. unless you burn down the forest in which case you are public enemy #1
>>
File: 1445080867677.png (2MB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1445080867677.png
2MB, 1417x1417px
>>626296
if you're in a woodland in an isolated spot, a campire will be fine. not a 2 foot wide bonfire but I've had lots of different campfires in different forests and have never had a problem. It's best to light them at dusk or at night.

>>626297
>>626300
>>626595
>>626712

don't listen to these faggots. "muh britbong"
>>
>>626761
he is right once it gets dark spotting your fire is next to impossible same if there is rain or fog
>>
I've never been caught brah.

Probably depends on how built up/ populated the area is.
If you're in a national park or summit I'd say it's get-away-with-a-able
>>
>>626756
If they let people burn deadfall in the fire pit the forest would be a lot less likely to burn down.
>>
>>626784
i think 99% of people that go in the woods in hungary are utter fucktards so the rules reflect this. they will throw anything on the fire or even steal wood from the forest. they will cut down a tree and call it deadfall even.
me not being an utter fucktard just gonna shit on those rules and instead use "common sense" (funny i know) cause they pretty much make it impossible to practice bushcraft.
>>
>>626296
I've never heard of anyone ever getting in any sort of bother. I've had decent fires on public beaches with people about and nobody cared, unless you're on a farmers land don't worry about it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.