[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here use the Enzo trapper as a general use outdoors knife?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 9131.jpg (41KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
9131.jpg
41KB, 800x800px
Anyone here use the Enzo trapper as a general use outdoors knife?
wanting something more than my trusty mora.
>>
looks like a cool knife, but i'm wary of any fixed blade w/o a finger guard
2cents
>>
>>625080
it has a very slight one. my current edc (enzo pk70, no locking blades in UK sadly) has almost no finger guard and i never have a problem with it.
>>
File: enzo.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
enzo.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>625078

I've had the D2 flavour for about 3 years now.

Don't be put off by >>625080 and his fear of finger guardless knives. The trapper has a nicely contoured handle, and despite the smooth looking micatra it fits your hand like a glove with a solid, sure grip.

if youre upping from a Mora, the biggest difference you'll notice (or at least I did) is the thickness, and in turn the weight.

it's a good knife if youre on a weekend long camp out, but I find it too heavy to take hiking- all in knife and sheath must be 2, or 3 times the weight of a Mora Classic #2

performance wise, the D2 steel is brilliant. it doesn't hold a hair popping edge for long, but due to the carbide content of D2 it maintains a working edge pretty much forever. the thickness of the blade is something I'm not too keen on, I'd prefer if it had a mm less and be as thick as something like my ESEE 3. To use it's good no fuss knife, it feels solid enough in the hand that you're not scared to use it hard, and the blade shape is conducive for pretty much everything from popping a rabbit's feet off to carving a spoon I've found.overall up against my ESEE 3 (similar size,weight, function) it's a nicer knife to use

if you want a knife that is more traditional and less tacticool looking it's one I'd personally recommend to a buddy
>>
>>625253
Thats what i was hoping to hear. I have no issues with the very small guard/choil.
Hiking i take a folder anyway. So it will only be used for longer trips, and tacticool is dying out anyway.
Only thing is, i'm only able to find the O1 from the knife shop i buy everything from.
>>
If you're gonna spend a bit of money why not buy something that doesn't have a meme grind?
>>
>>625331
I like scandi grinds for knives i use in the field. so...
>>
File: IMG_20150531_171932.jpg (4MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150531_171932.jpg
4MB, 2448x2448px
>>625078

01 trapper reporting.

Only good experiences here.
>>
>>625462
You're not by any chance UK based are you?
Or on BCUK? i swear i recognise your name...

But, back on topic, fuck thats a beautiful knife. i think i need to get curly birch scales instead of micarta now...
>>
>>625467

Aye, Scotland. UKSTRONG.

My birch scales weren't actually the best but from what I've seen most others are gorgeous.

If your ordering from Heinnie Haynes enter CQ8H-9QCL-NEIX to the discount code bit. You should get 7% off. Only valid for this month though.
>>
>>625078
Own one, loved it so much I bought an extra. Contemplating to buy a Necker with it.

Great knives, they really feel like your own when you put them together and customize them.
>>
>>625462
I like your mess pack!
>>
>>625331
>best grind
>meme grind

stfu fagghaut
>>
>>626471
I wouldn't call it the "best" grind, but it's certainly not a meme. I'm partial to full flat and scandi grinds on my knives.
>>
>>625078

I prefer trc myself.

Or something more traditional
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.