[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no multi-tool thread? let's have a multi-tool thread! i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 25

File: multi-tools.jpg (95KB, 800x507px) Image search: [Google]
multi-tools.jpg
95KB, 800x507px
no multi-tool thread?
let's have a multi-tool thread!

i just went to fondle a bunch of them most of them were leatherman and a victorinox swisstool.

all the leathermans were fairly easy to handle but had a flimsy and cheap feeling compared to the swiss tool. the swiss tool on the other hand was fuck unergonomic. it hat great quality tools that you can't possibly open unless you have a thick long strong nail. wtf? why does victorinox do that?
i can't buy this shit, is there a manufacturer that got it all right?
>>
leathermans are best. ive never held one that wasnt a sturdy tool. ive never used a swiss multi-tool but they always seem to just have way to many tools on them, id never use half of them

i have a leatherman surge and i think im gonna be getting a charge soon, we'll see tho
>>
>>613225
tool density is the same tbh it's just the swiss tools blades and awls and everything is stronger more durable better at doing shit.

but you need a tool to deploy the tools which is insane.

leathermans are not nearly as tough and robust and good quality, they have gimmicky features too, buut they are easy to operate even one handed on certain tools.

many supertools rebars and surges have been bent using the plier the frame can't take what the plier head can take the skeletool is the other way round the joint is very strong the plier head is weak and brittle.

basically if you need strong plier above all else get a swiss tool, but if you want a smooth experience with all the other tools and don't plan on heavy use for the pliers get a leatherman, even tho the swiss tool has better tools overall.

the mut was a huge disappointment, it was way too bulky to handle comfortably i have big hands and i wanted to drop it as soon as i picked it up cause it felt like a steaming piece of shit in my hands. the surge is lacking a lot of tools that are out related and has the same weakness as rebar and supertool.
>>
>>613189
I got a beat up Leatherman Blast for $20 at a yard sale. Did I did good?
>>
Had one of those gerber flip out pliers one I used in Iraq until it broke and got a leatherman wave and still have and use it to this day. And I was deployed in the inital OIF push in 03. Was a godsend as a commo guy.
>>
>>613270
what's that the precursor to charge?
it's not listed at leatherman
>>
I had a charge tti. Massive let down, it really was rubbish for the huge amount of money. Now I have a sidekick. Much better for the money and it has the same warranty. It has replaced my other multis.
>>
>>613289
what was so bad about the tti?
>>
>>613295
Poor fit/finish, blunt blade, tons of blade play.

I sent it back 3 times under warranty, never got a better one back.
>>
>>613299
yes that is what you feel with leathermans
however they innovated a lot on the multi-tool concept too bad they use cheap materials less robust designs and try to keep weight and price down too hard.
>>
File: juice.jpg (64KB, 727x593px) Image search: [Google]
juice.jpg
64KB, 727x593px
>>613189
Leatherman Juice S2 (Original) is my favorite for EDC. Has been for many years now.
It's lightweight, small and sleek enough to comfortably pocket carry and it's got a good set of tools that i actually use almost daily without having too much crap on it.
This thing has saved the day many times.
Never lets me down.
Sure, If I need a full size set of vise grips or whatever I'll go to the tool box but quite often this is enough for minor daily tasks.
>>
>>613289
I've got the Charge AL and its fine. Beautiful fit and finish. Everything is solid, tight and smooth. Functions as intended, and flawlessly.
The knife/saw blades on it are sharp as fuck
>>
File: juice1.jpg (234KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
juice1.jpg
234KB, 768x1024px
>>613321
Too bad they discontinued the original and replaced it with an "updated" model that looks stupid.
You can still find the originals on Ebay though, if your lucky.
>>
>>613325
Thats the problem though. The quality is so different from one to another. I happened to get a great sidekick luckily. They need to sort their QC though.
>>
>>613278
> como guy

Check the oft overlooked Leatherman ES4 Squirt. Not the PS4, which I have and is great for keychain edc.

I am currently developing a 3 xcvr, 90MHz to 960 MHZ airborn radio and would love to pair up my current edc Wave with the ES4!
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2718x2074px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2718x2074px
My Leatherman Signal and Wave. The blade on it is thicker than my Wave.
>>
>>613328
yeah that's what i hear a lot in these threads from other users too.
I guess I've been lucky with all my leatherman's then. They've all been pretty much perfect. Guess that's why I still love Leatherman, I've never gotten a bad one.
And i own a few different models, multiples of some and they're all just fine.
>>
>>613286
http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-Blast-Leather-Sheath-Clam/dp/B0002H49BW
I think it's modified, because instead of the eyeglass screwdriver, it has a second blade.
>>
>>613333
How does the Wave compare to the Signal?
>>613278 here and had a issue with chipping some of the smaller screwdrivers and rendering them useless (besides for semi shanks)
Honestly those older gerber flip out plier ones weren't half bad back when pre this bear grylss survivor line bs
>>
>>613516
>How does the Wave compare to the Signal?
The wave kicks it's ass for tools but I like them both.
>>
>>613524
Did you ever have issues with the pliers not being enough in either or loosening up your handles if you used then on something too large? That was one of my other issues with the wave besides chipping the small flatheads
>>
>>613231

Nice bait anon, whoever doesnt know shit about multitools may believe you.

The Leatherman Charge is by far the most superior multitool model there is right now.
>>
>>613333

Checked tbh

But the Signal is a gimmicky shit fam.

You dont need sharpener, whistle, firesteel, hammer.

You should carry a good sharpening stone, a good whistle, a good firesteel and use stones for hammers.
>>
File: 1329158826100.gif (365KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
1329158826100.gif
365KB, 400x328px
>Those mirror-polished handles on the Swisstool just waiting to collect highly-visible scratches

If Victorinox wants me to buy their shit they have to learn not to trigger my OCD
>>
>>613552
well that was the only one they didn't actually have. anyways i would love to compare it with a swiss tool side by side but extrapolating from all leatherman my expectation is it would be lacking in quality for sure.
when you feel the rebar and supertool and mut is flimsy what will you feel with the charge?
>>
>>613553
>You should carry a good sharpening stone, a good whistle, a good firesteel and use stones for hammers.
some people just don't want to do that tho, i can see the appeal i just don't trust the stuff the signal have specifically.
>>
>>613552
looks to me the charge is a down-scaled surge
how could it be any better than a surge (which is overall the most promising one for me truthfully)?
>>
>>613557
This. So much this
>>
I wish Leather would make their MTs with removable fasteners instead of rivets.
I'd like to be able to completely disassemble mine for maintenance and cleaning and toy around with swapping different implements between MTs. Sort of custom mod my own MT
>>
>>613557
>>613573
dunno you can polish a smooth surface but the sand blasted there is no helping that if it gets scratched.
anyways wear gives a tool character they say.
>>
>>613580
rivets? where are rivets exactly?
>>
>>613580
Drill them out and replace with bolts. Might get too chunky though
>>
>>613580
What rivets?

>>613333
Nice side by side, let me use your pic:

Again, what rivets?
>>
>>613607
i think old supertools and rebars and others of that line actually had rivets maybe they still have, but 90% of the leatherman tool shave screws
>>
>>613609
sorry the "rivets" are actually screws you just need a vice to open them up.
http://www.equipped.org/alterpst.htm
>>
File: 131604-dtthumb-neanderthal.jpg (19KB, 316x421px) Image search: [Google]
131604-dtthumb-neanderthal.jpg
19KB, 316x421px
mfw a surge (which i came to fancy more) is $167 in my fucking gommunist county
>>
Leatherman's have screws, they can be taken apart and they can absolutely be modded.

You can buy a custom-made Damascus steel blade for your Wave here
http://txtoolcrafters.com/collections
>>
File: murica.jpg (54KB, 397x308px) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
54KB, 397x308px
>>613613

>America
>Leatherman sold in Walmart
>Europe
>Leatherman sold in luxury gift shops next to engraved Zippos, Swiss wristwatches and Havana cigars
>>
>>613617
swiss tool is actually cheaper man...
>>
>>613620

I'm impressed, are you in Switzerland, Germany or Austria?
>>
>>613588
see>>613321
>>613327
rivets
idk about other models
>>
>>613624
that's a tool for women and children
but yeah that looks like a rivet
>>
>>613564
I have a surge and a charge tti

pros for surge;
-larger outside accessible scissors
-slightly longer knives
-t-shank blade holder
-second smaller flathead
-awl
-extra reinforcement on the pliers
-replaceable wire cutters

pros for charge tti;
-gut hook
-upgraded steel for straight blade
-small bit driver
-weight/size
-wire crimper
-looks

i hardly use the surges scissors (i usually opt for the knife) and wire cutters, and ive never used the awl and saw, but i do like that they are there
ive never used the gut hook or the wire crimper on the charge tti, but again im glad they are there

all in all i agree, but the charge tti always seemed more of a collectible for me. if they made a charge with a awl instead of a flathead driver, reinforced pliers and removable wire cutters it would be fucking perfect. someday i might be bold and try to make a frankenstein tool between the two of them with the best of both
>>
>>613614
Nice link, thank you anon.
>>
>>613614
Just in case you want to ensure your main blade rusts...
>>
File: Paladin-pa6510_1.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin-pa6510_1.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
I'm a lineman, we use Power Play
>>
>>613629

pros for charge tti;
-gut hook >fairly useless
-upgraded steel for straight blade >shame you will most likley have to redo the exeptionally poor grinding.
-small bit driver
-weight/size >still too heavy for the weak as fuck belt clip
-wire crimper >meh
-looks >the only thing it has going for it.
>>
File: 20151018_163410.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20151018_163410.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Where my sidekick/wingman bros at?
>>
>>613651
ive always found the factory edge on leathermans is up to par
>>
>>613668
my skeletool was razor sharp i haven't sharpened it yet and still very sharp.
>>
I bought a leatherman surge a week ago and the goddamn scissors lost it's spring load. How do I fix it? Contacted leatherman and they said to send it in, I rather not because I live really far from the USA and it'd take a long time.
>>
>>613805
is it just a matter of lube? i had to grease the fuck out of mine or they bind up
>>
>>613807
I notice the scissors on mine get hung up and dont spring back when there's a little too much dirt or grime in them.
a good cleaning and some light oil and theyre as good as new again
>>
File: IMG_20151003_171322.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151003_171322.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>613831
Same with my Wave.
>>
>>613558

Well my charge tti is sturdy and solid as fuck.

I know what you mean and I have handled all Leatherman models I think.

Some of them, including the new Signal, feel flimsy. Not the tti.

Mine closes perfectly, pliers match at the tip, nothing is loose or rattles, wire cutter cut paper, etc....

Im not shilling for Leatherman but as I said before, the charge (or tti) is the best model there is of any brand right now.
>>
>>613527
>Did you ever have issues with the pliers not being enough in either or loosening up your handles if you used then on something too large?
Never had that problem.
>>
Just bought s leather man rebar yesterday it's already been useful, very light weight I barely feel it on my belt. Also the locking mechanism is a nice addition
>>
>>613516
>>613516
So much this those old flip out gerbers were the best. Never let me down. Finally had to retier mine last year because, it was starting to loose its structural integrity.
>>
My leatherman disappeared

It's strange because I found it in the first place, so I can only assume it found its way to someone else.

Thanks leatherman, you were helpful even though someone used you to clean their pipe.
>>
>>613580
My wingman doesn't have rivets. Neither does my Wave or ST300
>>
Leatherman Wingman/sidekick is the best bang for buck. Excellent for beginners and experienced alike.
>>
>>613655
I'm here:
>>614280
>>
File: blast.jpg (394KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
blast.jpg
394KB, 1632x918px
>>613270
If it's still functional you did good.

Here's a pic of my Blast in never used condition. I'm putting together a car toolbox for the coming winter.
>>
>>613655
here:wingmanfag
>>
>>613552
I've had both. Prefer the swisstool.

when i was in Germany it was about 50/50. guys that looked like they actually did stuff used the swisstool, and thin artsy types preferred the wave.

boils down to preference i guess...
>>
>>613807
>>613831
>>613836
Just sprayed the shit out of it with wd40, nothing happened.
Should i open it up? I tried opening it up with security torx screws, but i can't get it to open
>>
>>613557
It does not scratch. I could post pictures of mine but pretty lazy to prove something that a few if not most of you will still find a way to complain.

I have dropped mine at least 30-50 times on pavement/rocks/dirt. It works flawlessly since the day I bought it (aside from the metal spring pushing the scissors bent out of place once; I bent it back, no issue since).

Owned mine for 5 or 6 years now and bring it with me/use it every single day.

The only bad part of the finish is when I have worked on my car and use it, I see my fingerprints if my hands were dirty and I do not wipe it; so I wipe it and problem solved.

I would be willing to bet I am more OCD than most if not all posters on /out/(or whatever term you have for someone who likes to take care of their shit).

I have posted pictures in the past but they were swallowed by "muh leatherman wave" and other similar comments. Sure Leatherman's are fine, get one.

Then get a Swisstool RS and compare.
>>
>>614988
pic?
>>
File: 20151021_052620.jpg (1013KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20151021_052620.jpg
1013KB, 2560x1536px
>>615013
>>
>>615023
hmmm have you tried lubing the rivert/whatever at the X point of the scissors?
You didn't by chance try to cut something too big and slightly bend the metal did you?
I mean looking top down looks fine, if you put it on a table with a level next to it could see if something is warped. like a head on shot.
honestly with this much trouble you should just get a pair of medical scissors if needed that bad for scissors
>>
>>615036
nah, i've only cut plastic bags with it. Dropped my leatherman a couple of time.
>>
>>615036
Also, i think something is wrong with the spring mechanism.
>>
>>615040
If not warped metal, could be spring is fucked especially after a cleaning and lube job.
Might be time to just RIP that one lil bit of multi-tool and buy a full size scissors.
>>
>>615050
I haven't cleaned it, can't figure out how to open the damn thing.
>>
>>615068
use some pliers to open it all the way then lube it
>>
>>615071
I don't understand, I tried using 2 torx bits on each side and twisting, but it doesn't fucking work
>>
File: 1433405489749.jpg (65KB, 900x976px) Image search: [Google]
1433405489749.jpg
65KB, 900x976px
>>613189
>tell myself I'll bump up to a wave when something on my rebar breaks
>2 years ago
>>
File: bm39_zpsf6da7c59.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bm39_zpsf6da7c59.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>613189
leatherman pliers should be called "holders". i've bent one super tool and one wave broke to shit, trying to loosen a bolt. terrible quality at ridiculous prices in eu. will maybe try the swisstool at some point. is it really more solid? or does it still give at pressure like a shitty leatherman? idgaf about ergonomity in a multi-tool. that it works the rare times i need anything other than a knife is what counts to me.

also, does anyone know of any hand made multi-tools, like with knives?
>>
>>616158

I know you can get semi custom pieces for your multitool, inluding gold, damascus, dyed titanium and wood shit.
>>
>>616158
did leatherman replace them?
or their guarantee is just bullshit?
>>
>>613836
>that much bud light
kill yourself
>>
>>616158
What? I've had my surge for 4 years now and I've used the pliers very extensively and they've held up just fine
>>
File: IMG_20150810_194445.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150810_194445.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>616241
> justsgettingstarted.jpg

Thank you, motherfucker!
>>
>>616283
you have shit taste anon
>>
File: IMG_0366.jpg (2MB, 3648x5472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0366.jpg
2MB, 3648x5472px
I use my leatherman Wave everytime I get out. It's way better than my past Supertool 300 and Supertool 300 EOD.
The 2 blades you can use one handed are fantastic
>>
Have the Sidekick in my pocket every day.
The knife is pretty good and I use it to whittle sticks and made a slingshot fork with it. also use it to open /p/ related packages and other mail stuff.
The saw has had its uses with acquiring said slingshot fork.

Even the pliers, can-opener and screwdrivers has seen use.
The file is pretty useless though.

paid like $40 for it too
>>
>>616158
pliers aren't designed to loosen bolts.
>>
>>616293
Hey, cool idea with the carabiner in the pencil loop!
>>
>>616311
Glad I'm not the only one thinking this.
Also I've never had any issues with the pliers and I use them lots.
>>
>>616208
changed the wave for a super tool, then gave it to the sea after the second failure. i think their warranty is okay, but i just exchanged it in the store so i wouldn't know.

>>616311
>>616315
no, but they are supposed to accept some degree of force without giving in. i just guess our standards or uses vary too much
>>
>>616335
well i don't use a hammer to floss my teeth, but i do use a spanner to loosen bolts.
>>
>>616362
why use a leatherman at all if you have the proper tools at hand? it's a backup for the times when you don't, and it performs poorly in my experience.
>>
>>616378
i use mine for fishing mainly, but i wouldn't use it to fix my boat, so i bring a toolbox
>>
>>616288
> moreforme.png
You don't get any because you are a prick.
>>
>>616158
I'm pretty sure that Leatherman changes production from time to time. My wife uses a Leatherman Wave she bought in Indonesia, which holds up very nicely. Has the hidden lanyard piece, no rust, everything feels solid and tight, reliable.

So I bought a Wave in the EU... No hidden lanyard piece, rusts easily, not nicely finished edges on the handles, and the wirecutters seemed very soft. The tools were also loose, which is why I sent it in for repairs. After a while they became loose again. The second time I went to the store the guy there was making such a fuss about sending it in again. I just left it there and never returned.
>>
>>616575
>I'm pretty sure that Leatherman changes production from time to time.
and i'm pretty sure they have factories in many parts of the world including china. if you get the china make it's going to be shit.
>>
>>616649
Leatherman sources parts from all over the world but are assembled in Portland, USA. That's why on newer Leatherman tools you don't see "Made in the USA" engravings, as they got their asses sued over that.
>>
>>616575
>Has the hidden lanyard piece
>hidden lanyard piece?
>googles hidden lanyard
>holy shit I have one and never knew it til now
What fool doesn't know about the hidden lanyard piece
>>
File: DSCF0405.jpg (631KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0405.jpg
631KB, 1600x1200px
>>616806
forgot pic
>>
File: gerbermp1.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gerbermp1.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
I have this, the knives are ok, the g10 feels really warm and pleasant in the hand compared to stainless steel, if you live in colder climates this is a plus, other than that deffinetly not worth their price and they're still a gerber, wiggly bits here and there and a bit of rattling, but has not broken yet. Not as good as a leatherman but it is almost getting there and I have seen gerber do much worse
>>
>>616665
>Leatherman sources parts from all over the world but are assembled in Portland, USA.
Jesus if this really is the truth Leatherman will die, for sure.

I can see 99 percent of their customers leaving once the Leathermans are not made in US, me included and I'm an EU citizen.
>>
>>616665

Where should I look for the engravings to determine if my year-old Wave is chinkshit?
>>
>>613321

+1

Strikes good compromise between decent sized pliers and a reasonable weight.
>>
I use a sidekick. The QC on them might be a little different or maybe I got a bad one. The saw is starting to rush in a few spots. Tried cleaning it thinking maybe a bit of dirt but nah. I like it other than that.
>>
>>617181
>rush
I ment rust
>>
File: 20151026_083155.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20151026_083155.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
When it comes to unmodified leathermans I'm definitely a Surge fanboy.

But I just finished modding pic related. It's a Wave with rebar pliers and the flat screwdriver traded for an awl (I hated that wave has no awl). In addition to scrapping a rebar, I also purchased a s30v replacement blade unusually found on the charge.

It's a bit rough feeling but I'm going to grind down the friction spots.
>>
>>617169
Does it say USA on the pliers? Then you have an older Wave, which can be Made in USA or Assembled in USA. No USA on the pliers? Assembled in USA, the pliers probably from Mexico and the files from Europe.

>chinkshit
China is probably the only country right now that can make everything from cheap shit to high grade stuff. Country where it's made doesn't say anything about the quality. It's all about quality control.
>>
>>616158
So, you used the pliers when you should've used a wrench? Fucking retard.
>>
>>618892
Still shouldn't break. Problem is that Leatherman uses cast and stamped pliers, where the stamped ones are weak as shit.
>>
>>618892
>butthurt leatherman owning faggot confirmed
>probably polishes it before lubing and storing it in his ass
>only type of use the multi-tool has seen, still in mint condition when rinsed

didn't know the leatherman had a wrench as i was trying to fix the harness for my pulk out in the middle of nowhere.

i have also rounded a philips head on a regular screw, what is your resbonse to this?

conclusion: leatherman is inferior shit, but so is supposedly anything else maybe except a swiss tool that needs another tool to function. moving the fuck on
>>
anyone ever used one of these?
since the gerber flip outs were mention here in this thread i thought i just ask if the leatherman can compete.
>>
File: IMG_20151028_222026151-L.jpg (114KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151028_222026151-L.jpg
114KB, 800x451px
>>620253
Yeah, actually. Got one a few months ago.

I've been a Gerber guy for years, always liked the one-handed opening feature. This one's my 2nd or 3rd.

The OHT doesn't open as easily as the Gerber. Gerber I can hold the body and flick my wrist to spit out the pliers; with the Leatherman I squeeze the plier latches and let the weight of the body fall to open the pliers.

The replaceable wire cutters are a really good feature, especially if you use that a lot.

I prefer the blade/tool lock mechanism on the Gerber, but honestly the Leatherman's not bad.
Don't have to open the pliers at all to get to any of the blades/tools with the OHT.
Spring force of the lock on teh Gerber holds the tools down, where the Leatherman's more of a friction-lock. Still a positive "snap" once it's closed, but it won't suck it in from mostly-closed like the Gerber does.
>>
>>620260
thanks for the response, since a friend of mine showed me his gerber flip out i've considered buying one of those.
i just found that leatherman while looking for some multitools and was a bit surprised that they got a flip version.
i just own a swiss tool and it can be a bit annoying unfolding it every time working and needing pliers quick, so i thought a flip out would be neat.
so thanks again for the feedback.
>>
>>620253
I mentioned the flipouts.
Ex 31F (MOS is something diff now). Commo.
We used the flipout Gerbers a ton as that's what was stocked when we got an AAFES in Iraq in 2003. The second they got Leatherman's is still the Wave I own now.
Ther Gerber flipouts were good and cheap, but broke too much, but it was damn cool to flick out the pliers when needed I must say.
>>
>>620304
broke too much?
what happend? could you say they all had the same "weak point" or was it just a result of absuing the tools?
>>
>>613553
>sharpener, whistle, firesteel, hammer
How good or bad are those? Afterthought or not? Because if you are at work or a bit more urban than /out/ I think it's a nice package if all the supplied tools are usable.
>>
Leatherman wave or charge?
>>
>>621821

Charge tti. I think the best multitool design there is right now.

Not that much of a difference in price to justify buying the wave first. In case of no tti then Wave
>>
File: DSCF0403.jpg (574KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0403.jpg
574KB, 1600x1200px
>>621010
>How good or bad are those?
That's kinda hard to answer because I knew exactly what it was when I got it. Everything on it works and I already started a fire with it. I was in the woods today and brought it. I have a lot of mutitools and the only thing I really ever use is the knife, saw, and pliers.
>>
File: say_that_to_my_face_fucker.jpg (16KB, 385x216px) Image search: [Google]
say_that_to_my_face_fucker.jpg
16KB, 385x216px
>>613628
>a tool for women and children
>>
>>621821
the answer is the surge
>>
>>621962
This 100 times.

I own a super tool 300, rebar (scrapped for parts), a wave I've upgraded to a crave (rebar pliers, awl, charge knife and guthook/saw combo) a sidekick, a wingman and a leatherman mini.

Still come back to my surge for EDC. No, it's knife isn't a s30v, but there simply is more to the tool than that.

Longer tools than most
Best damn scissors for LM. Period.
Blade exchanger can fit any t-shank jigsaw bit
Also, washers are larger on the surge; pulling out tools on the surge it's much smoother than any other.

I know everyone bitches about the weight, which honestly has never bothered me using the clip accessory. But multi tools are really more EDC than out anyway.
>>
>>621850
tti is overpriced shit with no real benefit over the regular version
>>
>>621010

I still say they're gimmicks.

Autism condensed into material.

Any other better multitool, be it charge or the smaller Juice or Squirt is better for the city.

Just carry a lighter if you want fire and shout or whistle if you need a whistle.

If you're at work and need those you're gonna have proper tools with you, and if your job doesnt require them you dont need them anyways.

Wave / Charge / Juice / Squirt are the way to go.
>>
>>621981

The serrated blade has a seatbelt cutter

It is lighter
>>
>>621969
That was a good post. I have a ST300 and I can understand you. I don't need scissors or serrated blades . Everything I want is a pair of pliers with some tools.

Surge seems fine, but I can't seem to find a cheap deal. (maybe this is because the surge is such a good tool no one want's to sell it) I no longer buy multitools new, you can save a lot if you buy used ones.
>>
>>622484
A serrated blade only works better if you don't take care of your shit, and it's less than an ounce of difference. If you really cared about weight you'd get a wave or rebar.
Stop trying to defend your shitty speshull snowflake tool.
>>
>>622494
Thanks,

ST300 is an excellent choice especially if you don't care about the scissors. The Phillips head is pretty based on that tool, much nicer than any other LM due to it's length and full flanged head. Also if you get the adapter that fits over the phillips, you can use both standard screwdriver bits (although they can get stuck easily) and the flat LM bits. I strongly considered using the ST for my EDC.

I agree about buying used; that's how I bought the rebar for the wave modification.
>>
File: Ganzo301.jpg (18KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
Ganzo301.jpg
18KB, 425x425px
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B017JLO5E4

Just ordered this guy. What do you guys think about it? (should I cancel this order)

I plan to use it for EDC, I just lost my Charge tti, and Im not going to spend another $200 on a fucking multi-tool any time soon, or ever again. It has locks, which is good for a cheap tool I guess. Question is: how good are they...
>>
>>613189
Is there a Leatherman model with the toothpick and tweezers? That would sell me.
>>
>>624562
I have actually never heard of Ganzo before
>>
File: Leatherman Style PS.jpg (114KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Leatherman Style PS.jpg
114KB, 500x500px
>>613189
I keep one of these in my edc bag. It's actually surprisingly useful, it makes a good potholder and can do a lot of smaller tasks like bending wires etc. It also has a nail file with a phillips sized flat screwdriver and a small pair of scissors, and a tweezer. Inbetween that, a pocket aluminum alloy wrench set that I got at a discount store, a gerber shard, and my knives, I have a set that allows me to tackle most of the things I might encounter.

I might eventually upgrade to a juice, but I am annoyed they don't have a version without a blade, since I am never without at least two other blades, and would prefer a tool that I could take through security.
>>
>>614317
>>613270
ayyyyyyy i've been using my Blast since I got it back in the summer of 2005. The only thing I've had to do is tighten the screws like twice and just sharpen the blade as needed. Recently got a Wave, but I just love my Blast so goddamn much, I'll still probably use it just as much. Feels good man.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.