[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have another "empty your bug out bag/inch bag"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 68

File: WP_20150722_001.jpg (446KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150722_001.jpg
446KB, 1632x916px
Can we have another "empty your bug out bag/inch bag" thread?
>>
>>608787
All of that gear looks really shiny and new, have you ever used any of it?
>>
File: WP_20151010_002.jpg (664KB, 916x1632px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151010_002.jpg
664KB, 916x1632px
>>608793
25% or so sees regular use. The whole kit occasionally gets carried around with this air rifle for exercise purposes when bird hunting.
>>
>>608787
Are those occy straps/bungee cords? Something like a petzl elite might be a good addition. What is that little pair of things above the orange spool?
>>
File: 20150625_205142.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20150625_205142.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>608793
The knives are well used
>>
>>608796
Food for though, thanks.

They are fish bait feeders.
>>
>>608787
Hey McCandless! Looks like you're ready for Alaskan winter!
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
I just posted mine a few days ago but even if I doubt ppl want to see it I'll do it for the bumpage
1/2
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
2/2
>>
>>608787
I like the teapot. Don't know if I'll stow one but it sure does make boilin easier
>>
>>608795
Bird hunting with a top break!? That's rich.

Under-lever masterrace reporting
>>
>>608859
Why the hate bro
>>
>>608880
>>608879
I find your lack of firearm disturbing
>>
>>608787
>that ladle
>not wrapping duct tape around water bottle
>drug store first aid kit
>realizing you live in United Cuckdom
holy fucking shit I take everything back, I'm sorry you have to live in a country being overtaken by kebab
>>
>>608787
How do you carry this stuff?

Also isn't the point of a bug out bag that you can live in the woods at least for a few days. If so, then you should try that
>>
>>608880
You will die of exposure and dehydration in hunger Whoever finds your corpse will loot all your useless items
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>608893
Working on that bro. Had a px4 storm but I didn't like it, felt like 9 might not help me out where I was going to end up. (Boar and big fuckers country) so I'm looking at sig and h&k right now. I'm also going to pick up a nice rifle but still debating what I want... SKS or Vepr just because of round and reliability. I'm open to suggestions tho bro. I do need help because I'm slightly recluse.
>>
>>608904
Dude u do realize this is a two part picture right. I have 32 oz of water. I'm not picturing a bladder because I'm in hr process of selecting s new one. Still not sure what to get, bit I have an external waterbottle satchel that has a patch for a staw. To that'll be 97 oz of water all together. Do I need more? Lol.... My cheap ass Walmart version broke because I forgot it in the freezer lol
>>
*98 whoops drunken math
>>
>>608787
If you keep that sleeping bag compressed like that for an extended period it wont work as well in the field.
>>
>>608912
You have less than one days water so yes that will be a problem unless you are bugging out to walmart
>>
>>608905
What knives are those?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>608939
Becker/kabar lineup. Bk16 & bk14. Both are modded a bit
>>
>>608859
XD
>>608883
Never bug out without tea
>>608890
Enjoy your overpriced air weapon.
>>608894
Internals of med kit are hand picked
>>608900
Large rucksack, carries well. I dissapear for the weekend with it all sometimes.
>>608925
I didnt know this, thanks
>>
File: WP_20151010_001.jpg (724KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151010_001.jpg
724KB, 1632x916px
>>609008
Forgot pic
>>
>>608787
Yep, 3 knives and a tiny water bottle.

Neat kettle, though.
>>
>>609036
Priorities man, stab first, drink later.

Seriously though there is a 5l bladder in the pic
>>
>>608787

in fairness he does have the basics covered- us britbongs don't have an incredibly diverse range of terrain to cater for.

suggestions:

lose the tent, get a Bivi bag

get a military style poncho- probably one of the best thing I've ever bought, wearable in rain and makes a nice one man shelter

ditch the fishing kit- those crab lines are only really good to jig up and down with over a bridge or something and are impossible to cast a line with. Get some fishing line and wrap it around your water bottle- it casts the same way as a fixed spool reel, I can get a good 45-50m cast doing this.

Ditch the big knife, learn to use the middle sized one- don't give me any ' but I need to baton! it's a life or death skill!' shit no you don't, if you develop the skills you don't need a knife that big here.

Start looking for another frying pan. It took a while to find one, but in the end I managed to get hold of a small 1/2 egg sized pan with a handle that was 'full tang' metal handle ( try looking in the Range it's great for shit like this). it will get ho sure if you have to use it over a fire, but at lease the handle wont fall off. if you cant get one, a Trangia type pot grabber is a great alt option ( made of Aluminium, weighs fuck all)

MOAR CORDAGE!

Get a headlight/decent torch. that poundland-esque but is nice but doesn't look like it has a lot of miles in it. also ziplock bag with spare batteries. the cheaper stuff tends not to have any kind of power regulation, so with winter closing in, you'll be lucky to get 2-3 night out of it before you're out of power.

A fresh pair of socks in a waterproof bag. when you need to use them, you'll remember this thread and give thanks for this advice.

Learn your 1st aid kit inside and out, know what everything is and what it's for- same goes with the rest of the stuff you have, become familiar with it, get out and use it.
>>
>>608894
Says someone from a country overtaken by niggers
>>
>>609158
Mad paki detected.
>>
>>608859
LOLOL
>>
File: bag.jpg (413KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bag.jpg
413KB, 1600x1200px
GSI cup and sawyer straw not used yet while /out/.

Medicine is refilled as needed, but I noticed that two of my three BICs are empty, so I'll need to buy more. Also, I've misplaced two flashlights. I only have hand-cranked one, but no idea where battery operated, one tiny and one keychain-sized are. Probably misplaced them last time I was refilling my bag.

Since in my country you need gun/hunting permit which I don't have, I have bit more emphasis on fishing gear than is usual. Instead of just fishing line, I have a tiny fishing rod.
>>
>>609200
>Three knives + saw + multitool
shiggy
>>
File: 1443221365930.jpg (33KB, 307x352px) Image search: [Google]
1443221365930.jpg
33KB, 307x352px
>>608787
That cooking spoon
>>
>>609205
After I bought the BK2, folding knife was delegated to backup duty. Still, all of them has seen use.
>>
>>609148
in fairness he does have the basics covered- us britbongs don't have an incredibly diverse range of terrain to cater for.

suggestions:

lose the tent, get a Bivi bag
>needs to be 4 person for family

ditch the fishing kit- those crab lines are only really good to jig up and down with over a bridge or something and are impossible to cast a line with. Get some fishing line and wrap it around your water bottle- it casts the same way as a fixed spool reel, I can get a good 45-50m cast doing this.
>There is a spool of line in there 100m

Ditch the big knife, learn to use the middle sized one- don't give me any ' but I need to baton! it's a life or death skill!' shit no you don't, if you develop the skills you don't need a knife that big here.
>I use it for making small temp hides for bird shooting.

MOAR CORDAGE!
>ok

Get a headlight/decent torch. that poundland-esque but is nice but doesn't look like it has a lot of miles in it. also ziplock bag with spare batteries. the cheaper stuff tends not to have any kind of power regulation, so with winter closing in, you'll be lucky to get 2-3 night out of it before you're out of power.
>Its a hand wound one (no batteries), I thought it would be handy not having to carry spare ones?

A fresh pair of socks in a waterproof bag. when you need to use them, you'll remember this thread and give thanks for this advice.
>yep agreed, adding this now.

Learn your 1st aid kit inside and out, know what everything is and what it's for- same goes with the rest of the stuff you have, become familiar with it, get out and use it.
>done
>>
>>609209
Show me a better one?

Why is it bad?
>>
File: skit.jpg (770KB, 2592x1552px) Image search: [Google]
skit.jpg
770KB, 2592x1552px
It's more like a compact get home kit. I bring it because I work at a pretty remote place. I explained some of the things in the pic that might not be obvious.
>>
>>609200
looks nice, but what's with the bear grylls shit?
>>
File: skit-with-list.jpg (451KB, 1427x1280px) Image search: [Google]
skit-with-list.jpg
451KB, 1427x1280px
well this is what i got so far
it's a car survival kit so it's currently complimented by the car first aid kit
>>
No pic but I can list the items. This is actually my EDC as well.

Bag: medium ALICE pack (modded)

Sharp things: Mora #2, Cold Steel Trail Hawk head (modded), Opinel #8

Cooking: Light My Fire Titanium Spork, GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Steel Bottle Cup/Pot, a stove I made

Water: Klean Kanteen Wide Mouth Bottle, purification tablets

Fire: lip balm tin with char cotton balls, carbon steel file, flint rock, waterproof matches, butane lighters

Other crap: safety whistle, bandana, signaling mirror, Lanksy Dual Grit Sharpener, Lanksy Nathan's Natural Honing Oil, 50 feet of type 3 paracord, local maps, duct tape, first aid kit, monocular, leather gloves, fishing kit, yo yo fishing reels, Celtic tin whistle, various books
>>
You don't empty your bug out bag. The moment you empty it is the moment things go sideways. The only thing keeping the shit from hitting the fan is the collective energy of our bug out bags being ready.

Throughout history, uprisings have started with a bug out bag being emptied.
1776, a British soldier who was always prepared used some of his first aid cotton to clean some spilled tea, the first shots of revelution rang out that day.
1861, a man in Virginia forgets to go to the general store and is forced to eat hardtack he was keeping in his knapsack for emergencies brought civil war to the United States for 4 years.
1914, a barkeeper in Serbia lends a patron his hunting knife to cut some cheese after washing a glass he looks up only to see the man has absconded with it. Archduke Ferdinand was assasinated the next day.
1939, while packing for a retreat to his cabin for a week of trapping an Austrian man's child dumps out his bag mistaking it for a play toy. Little did he know, his child's actions would cause the death of millions.

There are countless other examples, so I implore you for the sake of humanity, please keep your bug out bags packed and ready. We need their power.
>>
>>609415
Classic post.

If you don't mind, I would like to copy this verbatim and post in on the gun/outdoors/backpacking forums I frequwnt, whenever and dystopian fantasy thread springs up.
>>
>>609415
> mfw I dumped my nut bag inna exwife and look what happened?
>>
>>609013
>>609008
Do you eat pidgeons you shoot?

Im wondering about diseases of animals that you can hunt...
>>
>>609428
Pictured is a feral. You cant eat them.

A wood pigeon however is so clean you can eat it medium rare. Didn't manage to get one this weekend.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>609200
Extra bonus points for the bk2. It truely feels like one can dismantle the world with that sharpened pry bar :) here's mine. Going to throw some micarta slabs on it here soon. Plus a new sheath
>>
>>609351

I got the Bear Grylls multitool as a present, BUT, I won't say bad word about it. I have been using it for couple years now (not only when /out/, I pack it every day), and it didn't break or fail me. Yeah, I know that it's cool to hate Bear Grylls, but his gear ain't that bad.
>>
>>609492
Knives listed?
>>
>>609499
dude i had one of the gerber shits in my hand right after a victorinox it's not worthy off the title of tool it's a flimsy piece of crap.
the bg line seems the same as the normal gerber stuff just more expensive and have a logo on it.

i got one gerber item a gator matchete and i fucking hate that i bought it
should have rather used the money to get a blowjob from a hooker

they just use shit steel and bad ergonomics like they fundamentally confused about how people use the stuff they try to imitate at gerber
>>
>>609205
I try to place emphasis on redundancy on three critical things:

1) knives (BK2, Mora, folding knife, multitool)
2) fire (bics, matches, fire rod + candles, cotton swabs and push comes to shove - notepad pages for starting)
3) water purification (sawyer filter, purification tabs, single-walled containers for boiling)

As for my use of knives and saw, saw cuts down the biggest branches/logs, BK2 splits and chops, Mora does the fine work, folding knife is a backup, multitool has pliers, scissors, can opener, and other useful stuff)
>>
>>609492
Yeah man, I love my BK2. Hate the sheath though, gotta get myself a new one. The GRN one is just horribad.
>>
File: 2015-10-11_13-53-52_615.jpg (160KB, 855x480px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-11_13-53-52_615.jpg
160KB, 855x480px
This is most of my EDC stuff. (Top left to right)
>Bike gloves, for walking I just use liners
>TP
>ace bandage
>rain cap
>match case (strike anywhere)
>waterproof tape to secure bandaids on fingers
>sunglass case
>lip balm
>thermal shirt
>wallet with ID!!! (Some cash.)
>spare cell (prepaid)
>pencil
>compass
>first aid kit (blisters, splinters, and small wounds mostly)
>ski hat
>bandana and sunblock
>phone and earphones

Not pictured:
>shades
>1Qt. nalgene
>sun hat for soaking up sweat as well
>pocket knife
>handkercheif
>house keys
>synthetic sweatshirt
>nylon jack-shirt
>pack towel
flashlight if I'm out at night
>>
File: gear.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
gear.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
>>608787

I am>>609148 this guy.

generally impressed with OP's bag he's not your usual britbong tard with a blades n bows crossbow lol.

This is my bag, it's not a BOB or anything like that, it's just a daypack- the gear I use and carry regularly when I'm /out/ but I realised it does make a fair set of that type of thing if it came down to it.

5.11 RUSH 24 w/ dump pouch

Cooking stuff:
Mini all metal frying pan
Alpkit MyTi Mug 650
1 litre Naglene bottle
Jetboil Spatula
Jetboil Flash
LMF Ti Spork
Ti flatpacking stove + fuel

Tools:
ESEE 3
Fallkniven TK4
Slingshot + ammo
Docter 8x21 Monocular
Handcaster & tackle
Possibles kit ( fire lighting stuff ect)
2x 35m OD green paracord
1x 20m CT Firecord
Sawyer Mini Filter kit
Source universal hydration kit
AMK Ultralight/Watertight 0.7 1st Aid kit
Silva Otus headtorch

Shelter:
Helikon-Tek Poncho
4x Bungees and random lengths of paracord
Walking stick (doubles as trap pole for Poncho)
AMK Emergency Bivi
Folding sitmat
Large Bandanna
Buff
5x Tent pegs

Misc:
Beef Jerky
2x knock off Mars bars
Small bottle of soy sauce
3x Nescafe 3-in-1 coffee.
Microfibre Towel
Tissues
Wetwipes

there's enough room in the bag to get a fleece jacket in and a few bit more if I have to
>>
>>609563
oh and socks ;)
>>
Do you guys maintain separate BOB and camping gear? Or do you use the BOB AS the camping gear?

I'm imagining shit happens when you're at work and you realize half your gear is in various places, strewn about your home, not in the BOB.
>>
Maybe bugout situations are different in the states, but we will probably be directed to a shelter. I wouldn't assume being able to flee into the woods.

>>608787
I will be commandeering that hat when I see it.
>>609200
I would ditch the pliers and saw, pick a knife, add an AM radio, and a hundred and fifty bucks in small denomination.
>>609289
I like the idea of the mirror. I hate getting bugs in my eye. Plus could be used for signaling. Doubt you'll need to sharpen your knife, and pliers are way to heavy to justify. Also really like the energy drink tabs. Electrolytes are important when you are on foot. And, I'd like to see inside that med kit so I can make fun of your EMT shears.
>>609563
I am fortunate to live in an area it would be simple to build a proper shelter and improvise. A poncho is really a no-brainer to keep in a pack, and they don't cost or weigh much. I'm interested how you like your Esbit though. Mine is considerably different. You might consider packing lightweight footwear for stream crossings, other than that it looks like you're ready. Would ditch the big knife, but nice to see. (I'll include mine for the photo.)
>>609586
I keep it stacked in milk crates according to the level of needing it. Bugout stuff is on top, then basic camping essentials, and various things suited to the specific type of camping on the bottom.

And just a final word: Glo-sticks. Everyone needs glo-sticks.
>>
>>609592

this >>609563 guy again.

I live on a small island just off the Welsh coast. It's a rural area but not full on wilderness, there is enough stuff to build a fair shelter with around if you take the time to look. Coastal foraging and beach combing is a lot of fun (hence the bigger than normal fishing kit) and one of my favourite hobbies. As we get a good bit of rain here like you said the poncho was a no brainer, it's been the one bit of kit that never ever left my day bag over the years and probably one of the most used along with my water bottle.

In the bottom right of the pic you can make out the heel of one of my sandals in ( I wear them pretty much all year round) they are good for the beach and general walking

The ESEE 3 is heavy I'll grant, but the blade is actually a 1/4 inch shorter than a good ol' Mora 860. I tend to use it where I want to keep the TK4 for stuff like food prep (as a bait knife ect)

Esbit is good. Of the solid fuel types I've experimented with, it's the cleanest burning and most odourless I've found, it also doesn't liquefy like Hexi when burning. The downside is, it's significantly more expensive than other solid fuels. The red box pictured contains 6 cubes, sealed in strips of 3, which gives you over an hour's total burn time. It's nice to have as it means I can cook, and use the Jetboil at once (great if I want to fry up a couple of Whiting I've caught out fishing, or boil up some winkles, mussles, or razor fish in the Ti pot) without having to scrounge up (dry) driftwood. wouldrecommend/10
>>
File: 2015-10-11_18-59-01_513.jpg (183KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-11_18-59-01_513.jpg
183KB, 800x600px
>>609609
I'm in the Sierra Nevada. Staying warm at night is essential to survival. The gear below goes with the gear here >>>609516 . Anything more than that, and I would need my camping pack. The clothing is not shown, but the vest has a hood. Wouldn't leave for more than a day without it. Rain is very unlikely here.

Bugoout:
>underwear
>maps and bus schedules
>spare water bottle
>cliff bars
>AM/FM radio
>spare batteries
>firebox nano
>small butane burner, small canister
>black tea (brewed in the sun if necessary)
>metal cup (12 oz.)
>extra sunscreen
>dromedary bag
>water purification tablets
>insulated sitting pad
>down vest
>Dr. Bronners castile soap
>nail clippers
>suplemental first aid items (mostly for others)
>-rubber gloves
>-gauze pads
>-cloth tape
>-second skin

ziplock containing:
>ferocium/mag
>AAA penlight
>DEET (99%)
>30' nylon cord
>whistle

In the unlikely event I would need to head for higher ground:
>boots
>internal frame pack
>bivy or SW tent depending on snow conditions
>pad and chair kit
>down bag, down liner if snowy
>fuel
>cook pot, utensils
>rice, soysauce (grabbing whatever on my way through town)
>snowshoes and winter gear if necessary, incuding mountaineering stove
not much else, maybe a lighter
>>
>>609373
>tampons
>condoms
out girl detected.
>>
>>608787
I like your hat.
>>
>>609652
nah, i just threw them in cause they are cheap light and multi-use items
the tampons are supposed to be excellent tinder or water filter they can tamponate wounds if they need to, and you can make containers with the condoms insulation waterproofing or slingshots

not sure they will not get replaced with more specialized gear as time goes on tho
>>
I don't have a bug out bag, per see, but I've got a tupperware box in my trunk with a sleeping bag, box of hand warmers, mayday food bars, and a gallon jug of drinking water that I have to remove every winter so it doesn't explode and soak everything.

Also, I'd like to add that the datrex food bars taste like shit.
>>
>>609586
Yeah, I'm guilty of doing that. They key is to practice good BOB hygiene and repack it as soon as you get back.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 553x555px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 553x555px
>>609652
A condom can keep things dry, holds 2 liters pf water, can be wrapped around wounds AND if you can draw a face you could make a friend.
>>
>>609586
My BOB and camping gear are essentially the same thing. Basically what that means is I always refill my camping gear after returning home, and if need be - could be used as BOB.
>>
>>609415
Proof /out/ is unequivocally the best board here
>>
>>609822
Op here, mine is also part of the family camping gear. I could never live with spending that money and not using it, only keeping it for an emergency is a waste.
>>
File: WP_20151012_003.jpg (390KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151012_003.jpg
390KB, 1632x916px
Op again, this is the kit as carried
>>
File: 2015-10-12_20.04.47.jpg (127KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-12_20.04.47.jpg
127KB, 1280x718px
>>>>609943

The extended version. Added socks in zip bag and maglite
>>
>>609970
Are you going to carry that stove with you if shtf?
>>
I've always wanted to make a survival bag but I take medicine 3x a day so I don't kill. In a survival situation ill be dead after my 3 month supply is gone.
>>
>>609973
I think it would be useful, I have a way of attaching it to the main pack.
>>
>>609977
the 3 day bag is a pretty valid thing
you don't have to survive the fall of civilization to get into survivalism
surviving getting stuck in a car for a week is bretty gud
surviving a flood or a utility outage during a winter storm is also pretty nice goals
>>
>>609977
So you don't die?

Or so you don't kill?
>>
>>609977
>In a survival situation ill be dead after my 3 month supply is gone.
That's a long time to die in different ways. If the situation is not more or less over after 3 months I think we're all going to die - with or without a bag.

You might need to walk a long distance to get your medicine? Have at least a portable radio so that you might hear where medicines are available. It's probably an army truck in a specific place at specific time and not your local drugstore open 24/7.
>>
>>609977
Lemme guess, Type 1 diabeetus?
Same boat as you, if that's the case.
>>
>>610045
can't you just eat the pancreas of possums?
>>
Anyone else pack an air rifle for emergency food supply?
>>
>>610547
what's the energy needed for air rifle to hunt small game? max allowed in my country is 17J, no idea if there even is a point.
>>
>>609982
That makes sense. Will look into it.

>>609989
So I don't die

>>609996
Guess I never thought of it that way.

>>610045
Nope, Addison's disease, my thyroid is kill
>>
>>610551
17joules for small game is normally enough, the rest depends on the ammunition and caliber (.177 or .22)
>>
>>608904
He has a metal canister and firemaking material, so as long as he can find a water source he should be OK.
That being said, you shouldn't count on one water purification method, always bring backup. iodine tablets or iodine are good and bleach will work in a pinch
>>
>>609736
/k/ here, I've heard stories of militias in poor countries using tampons to plug bullet wounds then wrapping with a bandage
Or, you could soak it in vodka an put it up the pooper
>>
File: survival-uses.jpg (106KB, 736x1618px) Image search: [Google]
survival-uses.jpg
106KB, 736x1618px
>>610615
>>
>>610644
someone pls enlighten me how tampon scares animals?
>>
>>610646
>Science says men are scared of tampons.
>Feminism says all men are animals.
There you go.
>>
File: 1355259774881.jpg (334KB, 600x1848px) Image search: [Google]
1355259774881.jpg
334KB, 600x1848px
>>610675
kek
>>
>>610551
17J will kill most things smaller than a dog if hit in the head at 30m
>>
File: 20151012_110139.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151012_110139.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>610547
air rifle? slingshot master race here!
>>
>>610828
Ok, that's quite impressive.

What range was the shot taken and what bird?
>>
>>610828

Though sling shots are fun, I myself could not use them. More time spent using fire arms, pellet guns, stuff of that nature, so I have more advantage with that.

Still impressive.
>>
>>610547
No, I got a 22lr that I got. Breaks down and barely takes up room in my pack.
>>
>>610828
Is that a chicken.
>>
>>609633

you've just reminded me (>>609563) that I need more bug spray. I'm pretty much out after the summer, and now is the time to pick it up cheaply

>>609977
I too am heavily reliant on medication to function. I've managed to stagger my prescriptions (britbong) to the point where I'm nearly 8 months in hand - inc DF118s and just rotate the supply so the latest stuff goes into storage and I'm using the older stuff to increase the shelf life ect . I keep one of those 'weeks worth of pills divided up by the days' pill boxes on my desk to use daily, I so know I can grab it in a hurry, and a 24 hour supply in the pill lid of my Nalgene bottle, as well as another 24 hour's worth in my car. tbh havign spare meds now is like second nature to me, and having a spare 24 hours is as routine as picking up my walking stick when I leave the house.

>>610833
shot out of the passenger window whist heading up back from Pen Y Pas yesterday after I went for a wander up the Miner's track. Was probably about 15M away with a 9.5mm steel BB

They put a fair bit of oomf, way more than people give them credit for. I've got a friend who makes them for a living ( no joke) on the mainland- he's pretty serious about it and has a crony. He did some testing, and shooting an identical set up to mine, shooting 9.5mm steel at 92 M/S you.re getting better 17.5 J. Using bigger (heavier) ammo and better bands he's had up to 75J. Tested against fleshed pig's heads anything with better than 23J would punch right through to pulp the brain.

>>611017
Pheasant, the UK season for them opened a fortnight ago :)
>>
>>608879
how do you like that spoon?
>>
>>610675

Top kek.
>>
>>609970

>That stove.
>All that stove fuel.
4/10 would not bug out with.
>>
File: untitled-39.jpg (836KB, 828x1250px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-39.jpg
836KB, 828x1250px
>>609970
Why not using something light like Pocket Rocket for stove? What's the advantage of your big stove?

Also, what's the caliber/energy of your air rifle? I assume it's not CO2 powered?
>>
File: 335638.gif (3MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
335638.gif
3MB, 360x270px
>>609200

No czesc anon, skad jestes?
>>
>>611247
I use a burner like that, 500gm bottle lasts me a fair while.
>>
>>611247
Not OP, but...
That stove runs on more readily available fuel than proprietary compressed gas canisters I believe. Plus it's probably cheaper than say...a whisper lite international, which would be an ideal stove for a BOB given it's fuel adaptability.
>>
>>611247
There is no real advantage of the big stove but it was dirt cheap and is reliable. I have loads of the canisters and they were stupid cheap too. I did make my kit on a budget so a lot of it was chosen because it was cheap and available. It would look different if it was a money no object kit.

The air rifle is a break-barrel 16J Rifle ~800fps .177
It has enough energy to reliably kill rabbits/birds out to 50m. I hunt every weekend with it.
>>
3 personal recommendations of stuff I didn't see in kits:

-luci light: far and away the best lantern out there and so cheap.
-bottle of tincture of iodine: for wounds. or water purification 5-10 drops to a liter or quart of water. Leave for 30 mins.
-3X fluorocarbon flyfishing tippet. I like this because you can use it as virtually invisible fishing line that will not degrade with sunlight and you can use it to sew up an open wound potentially. 3X is quite hard for even a larger fish to break.
>>
>>611102
I love it, but in retrospect I should've gotten the longer handled one. This one is just nice to have handy on a keychain or whatnot. It's harder to stir my Stanley cooker down low.
>>
>>611257
Warszawa
>>
>>609373
college bound fer sure
>>
File: BOB.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BOB.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
A few things are missing, because Im in the process of moving:

>camelbak
>bow+arrows
>boots
>leatherman
>>
File: hiv-pos.jpg (6KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
hiv-pos.jpg
6KB, 240x176px
>>612076
Get something that's good for boiling water, like a Zebra. And where is your bic and fire starting material?

Leatherman and Wenger are most likely dead weight, just like the shovel.

Don't advertise your blood group or that you're a medic. You don't want people to know you have any medical supplies or specific blood they may be after).

It used to be the case that army bags were not recommended for BoB, but I guess nowadays they are so popular you'll blend right in. It helps if you add some hipster moral patches there.

I don't know where you live, but a bow and arrows seem like a stupid idea. You don't even have a fishing gear. (not that there necessary is any water where you live)

>what is that leather pouch?
>>
>>612109

Thanks for your input, but you missed my fishing gear (top left), I have stormproof matches, normal matches, a firerod, a lens, (and even ethanol), my zippo and gasoline are not displayed, since I use them almost daily.

I have a ministove for boiling water, but I know how to filter water naturally and my country is blessed with amazing streams and rivers.

>Leatherman and Wenger are most likely dead weight, just like the shovel.

I disagree. If I had the choice of one item to bob with, it would be my leatherman. Shovel is sometimes useful, but it weighs less than my knife.

I live in central Europe, so the biggest threat to my existence is literally a harsh winter, for which Im prepared and used to.
>>
File: IMG_1659.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1659.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
MRE's, pemmican, coffee and seasonings in percolator
>>
>>610047

Does not work that way. Does not work that way at all, sorry.

Anyway, especially type 1 diabetics should have a bug out pack with extra carbohydrates for hypoglycemias and medical items for taking care of themselves.

This actually applies to ANY kind of illness. It's easy to die without medicine but I think 95% of large scale disasters get a response from rescue teams and Red Cross before you are anywhere near that 3 month mark.

There are so many people with different kinds of health issues these days that the very logical first step in response to a disaster would be to get whatever is in WHO essential medicines list to the disaster area to take care of people. Should not take 3 months, either.
>>
File: IMG_1663.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1663.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>612125
green bag
>>
File: IMG_1661.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1661.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>612129
red bag

>regular camp silverware kept in meatpot
>>
File: IMG_1653.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1653.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>612130
all in
>>
File: IMG_0988.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0988.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>612131
on person
>>
>>611900
what do you mean?
i tried to keep cost low very hard it's already way over budget but not because i can't afford better stuff but because i don't expect much use of it statistically speaking.

when i was in a car crash the duct tape was heaven sent tho. got my back on road in a few minutes. the matchete not on pic also helped me out when i got stuck with the car some fuck parked on a single lane road and i would have to scratch the shit out of my car on a dry hard bush or get stuck there if not for it. but other than that so far it's money thrown out the window as it is.
>>
>>612076

Patagonian Expedition Race Ranger 55?
>>
>>612110
>I have stormproof matches, normal matches, a firerod, a lens, (and even ethanol), my zippo and gasoline
You still should have a Bic and I find fire starting material (a candle if nothing else) more important than having ferro rods and lenses.

I live in Scandinavia so maybe I have a different mindset. If I had to choose one item to bug out with, it would be a large size bic.

>I know how to filter water naturally
I'm noit going to argue with you. Read more about the subject. Building sand/charcoal filter makes water cleaner, but if there is some virus or bacteria in the water before filtering if will be there after filtering.

>Shovel is sometimes useful, but it weighs less than my knife.
I have a feeling a sharpened stick would be more useful, unless it's a titanium shovel. Even then you should rethink its purpose in a BoB.
>>
File: IMG_1676.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1676.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>612283
19"H x 12"W x 9"D
30.25 liters

Tent and tarp get lashed to the bottom/side
>>
>>612289
Also: yes, I know, camping at the trailhead isn't real /out/
>>
File: IMG_20151015_1.png (2MB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151015_1.png
2MB, 675x1200px
I use the Eberlestock as a bug out bag, bug for the most part I have a little messenger bag with half this stuff removed as my normal woods bag.
Surefire saint.
Surefire G2.
Mora 2.
Opinel 8.
Small pot.
Stainless canteen.
Ham radio.
Hudsonsbay tin.
Flint steel.
Ferro rod.
Tinder.
Ifak.
Gloves.
Glock 26.
AR 15.
Surefire M900V.
Bearded axe.
Shemagh.
Wool blanket capote.

It all changes with the seasons.
>>
>>612307
I forgot to get my food bag, which has steel leads for trapping, salt cured ham, jerky, small peanut butter pouches, and nuts.
>>
>>611247
If you are looking for a hunting rifle, check out the .22cal Nitro Pistons from Crosman and Benjamin. I have a .22cal 950fps AF. Too heavy for a BOB, but I can break it down to fit in a camping pack.
>>611281
I would not use .177 for hunting, but whatever.
>>
File: DSCN3473-min.jpg (1MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3473-min.jpg
1MB, 4608x3456px
First time posting here. bag's 15lbs please critique, what do you think should stay, what should go and what do you think It lacks. My input on that last part is that I could do with more water, i'm looking for a camel back. Also I would swap my bivy(black back in the corner) for a hammock and tarp in a heartbeat(not pictured is a leatherman multitool).
>>
>>609794
>Also, I'd like to add that the datrex food bars taste like shit.

The ones that look and taste like particle board soaked in suntan oil? If you boil one section in 2 cups of water it turns into something very similar to coconut oatmeal. Toss in a dozen chocolate chips and one of those 4 ounce lunch mixed fruit cups and you got yourself some deluxe survival food.

On the other hand, the Mayday bars that look and taste like lemon flavored sheetrock are hopeless. Nothing can make them edible. They are death by pastel brick.
>>
>>612362
You can eat with a spoon. Lose the fork & knife.
You don't need all 3 scissors.
Do you really need that magnifying glass? You have an excellent fire-kit.
Do you really need the tools? (pliers, screwdrivers) You have a Leatherman.
For what are you planning to use the LightSticks for?

What you really need is a proper knife. That looks like the original "Rambo knife" from the 80's, but it's not better than the infamous Rocky Mountain Knife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw8KchHrAoQ
Schrade makes cheap knives that are usable, or that's what I've heard.

If you have a leatherman, you don't need a third knife.

Add these:
-Spare batteries for both lights
-Something to eat
-Paper tissues (toilet paper)

>i'm looking for a camel back.
Just add a few small recyclable plastic bottles, they're free. If you have extra money, replace the hatchet with a better one.
>>
>>612399
>You can eat with a spoon. Lose the fork & knife.
You can also just eat with a fork and drink whatever you can't pick up with it. And you can stab things with it, can you do that with a spoon? I should think not.
>>
Purely out of curiosity, does anybody who's posted a bag actually go hiking or hunting or camping? How many people have first aid or other training? Match your post to your response, please.
>>
>>612406
>How many people have first aid or other training?
Did the man who invented first aid have first aid training? Hmm, okay then.
>>
>>612362
Get rid of that shitty hatchet, "survival knife"(the one with the hollow handle), the box of screwdrivers, and the two scissors.
If you insist on taking a hatchet, get an estwing or something, though a Sierra saw is cheaper and lighter. Other than that, it looks pretty good.
>>
>>612406
for a drivers license it is compulsory here
>>
>>612423
Where's here?
>>
>>612431
Germany I'd imagine.
>>
>>612444
I wonder if they'll make kebab do that for their license?
>>
>>612219

Altitude: 2000m above sea level
Bacteria: 0

Such is life in the Alps.
>>
>>609800
Fairly easily killed wilson if you ask me
>>
>>612406

>>609200 here, yes, received standard driving license and extended racing license first aid training.
>>
>>612399
The spoon fork and knife are on a keyring so they're attached. I'll put up 2 scissors, that magnigying glass and the tools. The light sticks are kinda just a redundancy for the flashlight if it goes out/signaling. I'll add spare batteries, and some sort of food. I actually have TP, it's to the right wrapped in 2 latex gloves(kinda white n' black ones). Thanks a ton for giving me some perspective on my kit! I'll replace the hatchet down the line, and the knife is kinda sentimental, but I'll see about better alternatives.
>>612416
It's really is shitty haha. I'll see into that sierra saw, a sawblade is something I'm definitely lacking. Thanks for your suggestions!
>>
>>612406
>>612399 <me.
I'm going to go camping/ hiking with this kit tonight actually. Admittedly, I haven't been /out/ all that much in a year or two but thanks to two friends who are showing an interest, I'm getting active into it again. I know enough about first aid from having learnt basic first aid and having registered nurses for friends to get by. What I don't know yet I'm studying, and am equipped to handle alot of scenarios. Again, you can check out my first aid supplies in >>612362 .
>>
>>612406

Who the fuck are you?

>come to /out/
>"Cool! Finally people who like similar things that I like".
>See comments
>/k/-tier faggots
>>
>>612134
>carry one clip
>no gun
What you gonna do faggot, throw bullets?
>>
>>612523
>Clip
>>
>>612523
magazine you giant faggot
>>
>>608787
>>609148
>in fairness he does have the basics covered

Fuckhuge knives but no hatchet.
Try again OP.

Dat spoon.
Why are you carrying that aerosol bottle? Is that waterproofing spray?
>>
>>612416
>If you insist on taking a hatchet
A hatchet or axe is far and away the single most useful survival tool you can have period.
>>
>>612403
this is how i usually eat
people get dumbfounded how can i eat soup with fork.
>>
>>612565
The big knife is a Condor Kumunga. It does a good job chopping and is cheap as fuck. I don't like hatchets. Just personal choice.

I like my spoon.
Yep, waterproofing spray. I use it after drying the tent.
>>
>>609415
You should make a thread about this on /pol/. They'd eat that shit up like they do about 'meme magic'

Of course they would probably suggest that the people dumping out the bags we're Jewish.
>>
>>612406
All of the above. Contribute or fuck off.
>>
>>612409
>>612507
>>612625
>Getting all defensive
>Aggressive overcompensation
Relax, guy, I'm just curious.
>>
>>612635
Post your gear or leave.
>>
Hey guys, newfriend here and no idea what I actually need to enjoy being /out/. My goal is essentially to go to some woodland in the cairn gorns and survive for a few days up there. What do I need to bring? What skills do I need to know? Can anyone point me to some books, articles or videos that might help inform me? Thanks.
>>
>>612597
>meme magic

to our credit it's already snowing in germany and winter in Britain is predicted to be incredibly harsh
>>
>>612406
i am this guy>>609563 prior to retiring, i was a marine engineer in the merchant navy with relevant stcw 95 qual's in basic 1st aid, advanced 1st aid and medical care, firefighting inc use of breathing apparatus sand fixed fire fighting installations, open water survival, rib fast craft handling. also padi qaul'd rescue diver for more nautical shenanigans.

sadly retired due to disability, but the knowledge is still there. i do get out but not as often as I'd like due to shitty mobility issues
>>
>>612362
Lose that Kroger "Value" shit trash bags and upgrade to contractor grade master race. You can use the thicker bags as a shelter or poncho or for transporting a dead deer in your trunk without worry of ice melt leakage or ticks escaping.
>>
>>612569
You're either incredibly stupid or trolling.
>>
>>612677
>it's already snowing
>3 weeks into October
>>
>>612675
Probably best to avoid threads like these, then. Start a new one, ask in QTDDTOT, or go find a local hiking group and ask them.
>>
File: truck bag 2.0.jpg (3MB, 3592x3272px) Image search: [Google]
truck bag 2.0.jpg
3MB, 3592x3272px
An outdated pic, but whatever..
>>
>>612569
>>613128
>you're the anon with a Gerber multitool and an iPad with 100+ survival guides in it.

Just for the record in the north the axe really is the most important survival tool. The only thing more important is the lighter/matches, but it's for the same purpose and it's like clothes you have on, it doesn't count.

In a warmer climate, where there is no need for an axe, the most important survival tool is the knife, in a jungle it's the machete.
>>
>>613160
Oh look, someone with a brain
>>
>>612076
Where in the alps are you?
Is your GPS sufficient? (and which model is it?)
>>
File: 5220.jpg (449KB, 662x600px) Image search: [Google]
5220.jpg
449KB, 662x600px
>>608893
>firearm
scaredy-cat
>>
File: 810.png (65KB, 225x162px) Image search: [Google]
810.png
65KB, 225x162px
>>612131
wtf why amerifarts always mount their shit to the outside of the pack?

*bling* *blong* *bling* *blong* *bling* *blong*
deer, 5miles away: oh hi its you, the "amerfart"
>>
>>613600
Fashion

That and most low end packs, like the one pictured, from places like REI are too small for long innawoods trips unless one takes only the bare essentials. Someone taking a canteen and a cup and a fucking percolator doesn't qualify for that.

So anon buys a too small cheap pack and, having seen photos of mountain men with stuff tied to their packs and horses, does same to his. Then he posts pictures on the internet, drives to his campsite and carries the pack 15 feet from his trunk to the picnic table.

He will never know that within the first 100 yards of a trail, a percolator banging into a cup would infuriate every human and wild animal in a mile radius. They would descend on him, beat him senseless, scatter his pack contents far and wide, then toss him off a cliff. Anon would be immortalized by David Paulides who'd claim aliens did it, citing as evidence the fact that the percolator had cup shaped dents in it and no sane hiker stack one atop the other and lash them to his pack.

If it can't be explained it's aliens.
>>
>>612423
>>612465
>>612480
>>612679
Thanks!
>>
>>613137
Put emergency blanket in first aid kit.
Handy if someone goes into shock, also stops it getting torn.
>>
>>609492
on the far right, is that ranger bands around the handle?
>>
>>613160
naah knife is always the most important tool
and you should have both an axe and a machete and a shovel no matter where you go you will find uses for all unless you are in a desert or something
>>
>>614730
It's the inner tube from a bike tire. :) whoop whoop good to see this thread is still alive. I'd like some critique net on my pack if u guys would do so. I'm the fag with the Beckers :)
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>614925
I just did an update to my kit a few days ago.
Top to bottom, left to right
-water bottle carrier (purchasing a h20 bladder for this)
-maxpedition gtg fatboy (poncho is in right pocket, didn't feel like unpacking just for a picture)
-woolrich Safari hat
-shemagh
-bandana
-wool gloves
-Guyot SS water bottle 32 oz
-maxpedition rat wallet (this has my fire kit, my navigation kit, knife maitenence, multi tool, and eatntool)
-paper and pencil
-knife, bk16
-handsaw, Bahco Laplander
-lifestraw

I saving up to purchase my hammock and compact tarp. I do own tarps and have a sleep system but I don't feel it's what I want for he style of alpine trekking I like. Light and swift.
I'm purchasing a Warbonnet Blackbird as my hammock of choice. If anyone feels that this isn't a good purchase please let me know of something more formidable. I'm open minded.
>>
File: knoll1.jpg (129KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
knoll1.jpg
129KB, 1000x600px
>>
>>613137
hey anon, you should add at least two sets of lithium batteries for your headlamp
>lightweight
>last a hella long time
>expensive

You should also into water filtration instead of purification. A Sawyer filter will give you a virtually unlimited supply of water and comes with fittings to connect it to pouches, soda bottles, water bladders, and even as a bulk gravity filtration system between two 5 gallon buckets.
>>
>>615083
this is either an REI ad from 1981 or the contents of a hipster's /out/ closet
>>
>>615083
>egg holder
Only if you're planning on bringing chickens with you.
>usmc knife
I've seen some mods to turn it into a dedicated utility knife, but that seems opintless when you can just buy a BK2.
>guitar
Interesting idea. Music can help keep people's spirits up in a bugout situation.
>percolator
Why? Just take some instant coffee and make it in a pot.
>goblets
Those plastic bugs should be fine for any beverage.
>metal hot dog stick
Just make one with a regular stick.
>shorts
Instead of taking shorts, get a pair of jeans, cut the legs in half below the knee, and sew on a zipper.
>video camera
What are you taking pictures for? Making an apocalypse log for the players to come across after you've died?
>>
>>615083
This is not someone's bag
>>
File: 20151020_182129.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151020_182129.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Cheap bag, works alright

Most of 100' of cordage
Favourite purple rope
Wetterlings hatchet
First aid kit
Lifestraw
In little black bag
Leatherman wave with extra screwdriver bits
Lighter
Tinfoil
Little coil of wire
Ton of fishing line
Piece of sharpening stone
Shitty fishing kit, i cant catch anything anyway
Winchester knife, not amazing but its held up great
Easy access bandaids n shit
Gloves
Notebook, pen, pencil, sharpie wrapped in duct tape
Headlamp
Hockeytape
Mesh bag in a ziplock
Couple rain ponchos, only one came out of the bag
Lincoln electric bandana
Maglite
Made in finland pukko knife does most of what i need
Char tin with uncharred fungus chunks within
Waterbottle follows me around and cooking kit is shitty and heavy so it doesnt stay in
Loaded up with everything but cooking kit it has enough space for six bottles of beer, plus whatever else we happen to be drinking, a sweater, and a little extra room in the top pocket
>>
>>614925
Oh I figured I did the same thing to my knife
>>>/k/27601263
>>
>>610675
laffin so hard
>>
File: IMG_20141017_171359.jpg (1MB, 3342x2072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141017_171359.jpg
1MB, 3342x2072px
>>608787
dump dump

Pic is kinda old, gear list is slightly *less* outdated:

[ ] clif bars x 7
[ ] Jerky x 2
[ ] Gatorade/stims x 8
[ ] Toilet paper x 1
[ ] Lights x 3
[ ] Matches WP x 4 boxes
[ ] Bics x 4
[ ] Magnesium & flint
[ ] Cord x 70 ft
[ ] Compass
[ ] Sharpener
[ ] Pens/pencils
[ ] Fishing line x 300yds
[ ] Fish hooks/sinkers
[ ] Spare AA x 4
[ ] Map ; East coast
[ ] Chem lights x 5
[ ] Water bottles x 2
[ ] Water purification tabs x 1 package
[ ] Advil
[ ] Multivitamins
[ ] Swiss Army knife (big guy)
[ ] pocket knife
[ ] Electrical tape
[ ] Mylar blanket
[ ] Emergency poncho
[ ] Undies x 2
[ ] Socks x 2
[ ] Whistle
[ ] KA-BAR FIN
[ ] Zippo w/ butane insert
[ ] 'biners (climbing/load-bearing) x 8
[ ] Leatherman Charge Ti
[ ] Black Diamond Headlamp
[ ] 3M Filtration mask
[ ] Nitrile gloves (disposable)
[ ] Surefire EP4 EarPro
[ ] Gun Maint-kit (oil, bore gel, boresnake, rags)
[ ] Mylar blanket
[ ] Emergency poncho
[ ] Undies x 2
[ ] Socks x 2
[ ] Whistle
[ ] Crobar
>>
>>615152
is that a qp of weed on the bottom left?
>>
>>615154
If by weed you mean basil, and by basil you mean weed, then yes, maybe. Repeat the question, officer?

>>615152
FYI that list, being ctrl+v'd together, appears slightly redundant. I at least see socks/undies/mylar blanket/poncho mentioned twice.

My b
>>
>>615152
just asking but what's good about those "MECHANIC" gloves ?
i keep seeing them everywhere and i just find it odd looking for the word MECHANIC printed everywhere on it.
>>
>>615161
Let me say that of all the things in my kit, gloves are top 2 most important. Maybe, literally, the most important in my opinion. I cannot tell you how many times, in a single hour of bushwhacking, my hands could get fucked up on thorns/splinters/poisonous flora and fauna/sharp rocks/etc. I took scree-lators in Denali that would have fucking killed me if I hadn't been wearing gloves to slow my descent

Why mechanix? No real reason, but they have a reputation and are commonly available for cheap. Tried em and liked em, and now I always have a pair on deck. I recommend the High-Abrasion Resistant pairs - basically just standard Mechanix with thicker leather in the fingers: you'll lose them before they wear out and you'll find it hard to care because they weren't even $20
>>
>>615162
I think I like your but out bag the most Anon. Mostly because of your culinary choices. What kind of firearm is that? I do not see one listed... Maybe on purpose but whatever just asking
>>
File: IMG_20150824_153125546 (1).jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150824_153125546 (1).jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>615184
>your culinary choices
interesting, thank you anon. The handgun is a Steyr M-A1 in 9mm. As rugged and minimal as a Glock 19 (same size too), but much better design/execution, including higher capacity magazines.

All that said, I've loaned that piece to my brother for the time being. I'd replace it with either an FNS-40 or an HK P30SK, leaning towards the HK because it's 9mm. Pic related
>>
>>612134
2 knives
2 flashlights
1 mag
No gun
Womans keys
Multiple pens

Gaaaaaaaay
>>
File: my sides.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
my sides.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>615093
>>
>>615162
again this is a local issue for you- I've never needed gloves for anything other than keeping my hands warm when /out/
>>
>>613605
this a million times over.

as a britbong we often get the dregs of the tacticool culture through airshit and such.

the one time I've been out with anyone who was togged up like this /out/ I have laughed my tits off. The shit tied to the pack got snagged on every low branch and bramble we went past. When we settled in for the evening he dropped the pack with a clatter, and shucked out of his south afircan assuat vest- he dumped this on top of his pack. The sharpened up trench shovel he had lashed to the outside promptly popped one of the cans of red bull he'd filled his mag pouches with ( I couldn't fucking believe it, it's all he'd brought to drink for a 2 day trip) . He sat there and ploughed into a cold can of mac n cheese because he couldn't get the hexi tablets he'd brought lit with a ferro rod. later when one of the more sensible folk had set up hammocks ( he elected to sleep in a bush with a bivi bag) and had got the fire going he tried cooking bacon by heating up his golock machete in the coal and then using the red hot glowing blade as a hotplate/fryign pan. I had to hold one of my mate back at this point.

'hurr durr mai survival skillz' we had it all weekend

about the only thing that made it bearable was that thanks to the redbull explosion on the 1st day his whole backpack/vest ensemble became s sticky, sweet smelling insect magnet- we got left alone and looked like he'd rolled through a stinging nettle patch all weekend
>>
>>615260
>no gun

He took the picture with the gun
>>
>>612406
This is my second year when I were on trip across europe on bike with my friend. I lived one month in the forests and mountains of Europe because it was cheaper and survival is what we like. And I will tell you that what you really need is warm and dry place to sleep and a lot of food and water. On the journey I have dd hammock with mosquito net, one alpinus sleeping bag, one gas stove with two 500 gram gas containers, a little hobo stove from army surplus that burns alcohol, 200mil of alcohol, two of old aluminium mess tin for cooking and two 2 liters roud water containers (like you see in western movies), one folding complet of spoon, fork and knife for eating and two knives. One 35 cm for wood chopping wood for fire and one 15 cm for can openings and warious other things. I have also a carimate and a waterproof sheet from military surplus for shelter from the rain. What was really useful are car bag strings because you have a quick way of placing a waterproof sheet over your hammock. Also I have a lighter, matches, first aid kit, soap, toothpaste and toothbrush. Also I have two self made waterproof bags for my clothes and of course a lamp that was charging when you push a litle button regularly. And the rest (like 1/3 of the weight) of my stuff was water and food. You need to take under consideration the weight of food and water that you must bring with you because that is the most important thing in your bag (besides sleeping stuff). I will upload the pictures of my bike with everything on in next week because I just move in to new flat and my cell phone connection is shit slow.
>>
>>615120

>Leatherman wave with extra screwdriver bits

why this ? I can't remember the last time I needed to unscrew shit, let alone a selection of screw heads in the woods.

>Loaded up with everything but cooking kit it has enough space for six bottles of beer, plus whatever else we happen to be drinking, a sweater, and a little extra room in the top pocket

guessing your lighter ect is in there too as it isn't listed
>>
>>615399
the extra bits are great if you are /k/ or /o/ and need to fix things on occassion, especially the funky bits like hex and torx
>>
>>613605
>>613600
It's the small pack, it's not a pack made to carry sleeping gear. And we have that ultralite guy on here that recomends that everyone does this too.

>a percolator banging into a cup would infuriate every human and wild animal in a mile radius
While I don't suggest having stuff hanging around, not everyone is that autistic and scaring away bears is a pro.
>>
>>615428
Why not just get the Wave with the driver set and save yourself a hundred bucks?
>>
>>615399
Lighter in my pocket, forgot to mention ferro rod (really shity one)
Leatherman comes in handy for working on cars or bicycles, used to have two small crescent wrenches, pair of small vice grips, but i moved them to a smaller pack that i use while im riding my bike
>>
>>615441
Oh yeah, because scaring away the wildlife is so in line with 'leave no trace'.
>>
>>615605
fucking hippie scum

you'd rather I happen upon some majestic creature and have to put it down because it was spooked?

Thought so
>>
>>615441
>While I don't suggest having stuff hanging around, not everyone is that autistic and scaring away bears is a pro.
please stay in your parking lot.
>>
>>615618
I'm no hippie. I hunt for a living. If the animals are too scared to go near the path, how am I expected to put them out of their misery?
>>
Could I cook/make coffee with a propane torch?
>>
>>614981
>tfw no one thinks my bag is shit or cares even less to say so lol
>>
>>615681
Its ok, i think your hat is gay
>>
>>615784
I've had it less than a week. It was priced for 10$ msrp is 55$. Not a bad find for a wool hat. I don't like the similarity to a fedora but I'm able to live with it. It's functionality is nice.
>>
>>615676
It'd be easier and cheaper to use a stove, but yeah, you could.
>>
>>609509
I agree. Bought the "ultimate survival knife" when it came out because I wanted to believe the hype. Fuck that thing. Uncomfortable, dull, and uglier in person. I wrapped tennis tape around the handle to make it bearable. The most action it saw after the first week was my dog chewing the sheath which she didn't even like because she dropped it and typically she destroys what she chews. It sat in a drawer and I lost it in a move with no remorse. I wouldn't mind selling it used to get some of my money back if I ever found it. Worst investment I've made.
>>
>>609822
I do the same thing. The gear that gets me through my "rough it" weekends now is the same I'd trust in the brush getting where I need to.
>>
>>610615
>>610644
Do not use tampons for wounds. Most are covered in anti-coagulant so sepsis does not happen if the tampon is left in too long.
>>
File: rich_pinata.jpg (160KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
rich_pinata.jpg
160KB, 1200x800px
>>612125
>>612130
>C'MON
But how many scoops are you bringing?
>>
>>617497
C'MON
>>
>>609977
Would I have to worry about the diabeetus 2 if I were in a bugout situation and I ran out of meds? Or would I just live like my forefathers and die one day after said prolonged illness? I mean I don't want to die but if shit is that far gone and I've got no family or they are atleast in a "safe" place...what's to stop me.
I am my family's bug-out-guy.
>>
File: IMG_0298.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0298.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>612523
Sorry, did you need to see it? Which one would you like a picture of, my special little boy?
>>
File: IMG_0567.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0567.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>615260
Well someone has never had to mark a tq, or wanted to have a light on their hat brim, wanted a penknife to avoid having to pull the leatherman out every time, or owned a biner long enough for the color to wash.

And again: >>618782

>>617497
I actually bring mutant BCAA pills. Nothing like not being sore.
>>
>>618603
You've got it better than us type 1's. Just make sure you eat regularly and don't overdose on Sugar and you'll be fine until order is restored.
>>
>>618887
Type 1 diabetic here. A survival situation while hunting for protein and scavenging would actually guarantee longevity. If we keep hydrated eat a high protein and high fat diet we could last a long time.
>>
>>608787
Where did the term inch bag come from? I've never heard of this term before.
>>
File: gear.jpg (24KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
gear.jpg
24KB, 480x320px
>>612664
Here's some gear for you.
>>
>>608787
> inch bag

I am ashamed to say that I am not familiar with this term, is that just a smaller BOB
>>
>>619217
Acronym for I'm Never Coming Home
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
Is pic related /out/ approved as a "mess kit" or just as a cook set? I am thinking of getting one with cup nested like in pic related.

or what should I consider instead?
>>
>>619681
Are there any more pictures of this setup? I'm aware its not yours.
>>
>>619691
Its actually from this video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j47rl2qx6Ms
>>
>>619693
That's even better! Thank-you anon!
>>
>>619681
This my exact setup except I put my guyot backpacker inside the Stanley cooker
>>
>>619924
How do you like your setup? I have been looking for water bottle to nest inside stanley cooker.

Pros/cons of your setup? Would you recommend that setup?
>>
>>615152
>>615158
>>
>>615152
>[ ] Matches WP x 4 boxes
>[ ] Bics x 4
>[ ] Zippo w/ butane insert

fat+stupid
>>
>>619928
I would definitely recommend the setup. It is very budget friendly.
-20$usd for the guyot ss 32oz
-14$usd for the stanley cooker

Nestle a cup into the Stanley and you have a nice three piece mess kit
>>
>>620005
Me again, the GSI works fine
>>
http://jornaloide.com/master-biker/
>>
>>620005
what do ypu use to hold it? Like a bottle holder that attaches to tue backpack like rothco or condor.
>>
>>620103
To the pack*
>>
File: 1445720780499.jpg (32KB, 469x311px) Image search: [Google]
1445720780499.jpg
32KB, 469x311px
>>620002
>not having 3 sources of fire
>>
File: 2015-10-29 23.58.25.jpg (640KB, 2083x1171px) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-29 23.58.25.jpg
640KB, 2083x1171px
okay, /out/..

I'm no scout, but I read this thread and decided any bug out bag was better than no bug out bag at all.

this is what I had around the house. do your worst.
>>
>>615120
Hey I have the exact same knife as you, the one that's out of its sheeth. Do you know what it's called by chance? I bought it like 8 years ago and its the best knife ever and I just wanted to know the name.

The chace of you coming back to this thread and replying is so slim I don't even know why I'm asking, I just got excited I guess.
>>
File: IMG_20151030_014741.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_014741.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>615152
>>621018
>Winchester knife

I'm dumb
Didn't even read the post.

The sheeth I have is blank and it doesn't have any identifying marks so I think it might be a knock off but damn I love this knife.
>>
>>615120
>>621020
I didn't even reply to the right post.

I need to go to bed.
>>
Let's get this rolling again. Purely out of curiosity, no judgement, match your bag post with your /out/ activities and any training for the specialty items you've brought (i.e. first aid, firearms, navigation, etc.)

>>612406
>>
>>620998
>condoms

besides the obvious what else can you do with them? Hold water?
>>
>>620118
My satchel has a water bottle sleeve that I put both in. Though I carry my 38 oz in an external water bottle carrier
>>
>>620998
A great start! Suggest state and/or local map, more water containers, hygine kit...

On phn w/fever, so short list.
>>
>>621385
> nm, see hygene kit now
>>
>>620998
is that a red xmas tree bauble between the socks and mountain dew?
>>
>>621402
Lol, thats what I thought but figured it's the fever!

> mushroom clouds on horizon
> oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree...
>>
>>615354
underrated
>>
/out/ brought me to the realization that buying a milsurp Alice pack wasn't good enough to go innawoods. A new, large one goes for 140~ with frame, in that price range it seems I could find other, better packs.

I got an old one from a friend when I was in ait who just forgot to ask for it back after it was issued to me, and it's showing wear, to replace it what should I buy? During ftx I can comfortably carry a pack with all my stuff, plus cot, and I think I could handle hauling a 1 man tent.

I could Google around for hours, comparing everything in my price range, but this is easier.
>>
File: skeletonsalute.jpg (16KB, 321x470px) Image search: [Google]
skeletonsalute.jpg
16KB, 321x470px
>>620998
A fellow AFSK owner, calcium and strong bones to you. Honestly just throw all your shit in a decent backpack, throw in some Bic's, and get a stainless steel water bottle and you'll have everything you'll need besides the strap-on for the condoms.
>>
>>620998
what's up with all those plastic zip ties ? If they are just for general use replace with rope/cord and some duct tape of your choice.
>>
File: massiveskeletonboner.jpg (53KB, 419x750px) Image search: [Google]
massiveskeletonboner.jpg
53KB, 419x750px
>>614981
That's actually pretty much what I carry /out/ normally. Calcium to you for the fingerless gloves if they're wool, the leather sheath, Sadora hat, and that Guyot bottle btw.
>>
>>621377
Keep tinder and other shit dry.
>>
>>621980
oh shit if it can hold water, it can keep water out. Jeez I would've wasted mine.
>>
>>610582
only .177 is allowed in my country. will it kill pigeons and squirrels
>>
>>621020
I bought the same, from walmart I believe 7 years ago. How good is it in the woods? Never had a chance to use mine
>>
>>614981
>lifestraw
Get a sawyer mini
>fingerless gloves
ehhhh
>that hat
ehhhhhhh
Overall okay
>>
>>622079
Yeah, I shoot rabbits and squirrels all the time with my 760 Pumpmaster. Just make sure you get them through the lungs, otherwise they don't always die quickly. I shot one through the spine once, and tried to give it a coup de grâce with a shot to the head, ended up having to shoot it three times in the head to kill it.
>>
File: 1446597180116.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1446597180116.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>622426
>>621020
Mine is a replacement, havent done lots of testing on it, first one had better quality (handle on number two the tang peeks out around the edge) but original one was wicked tough easy to sharpen so on. Good enough i got another. I also have the scaled down version, wich has awesome thin edge on it, 5 to 10 bucks each off ebay i think. My pukko i love more than either. Thick sturdy blade, could use more of a grind from the spine, but holds an awesome edge even when i use it on ferro rod. It was about 120 at a gun show, made by brothers in finland apparently.
>>
>>612110
You might want to add "the flood of muslim shithead refugees" to that list of dangers you now face.
>>
>>608787
>3 knives
Why? Do you spend time outdoors?
>>
This thread is literally a group circle jerk.

Go outside you douches.
>>
>>623966
>muslims
>im central europe

>implying the gypsies would let mudslime settle down on their turf
>>
>>624109
gypsies have katanas and shit and frown upon other welfare niggers
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
am i too late late to the party?
this isnt a 'bug out bag'.. i use it for when i go on day hikes or overnighters.
anyone got constructive criticism - i really dont want to carry any more than this. currentlt its weighing in at 8/9KG..
>>
>>624017
I bring multiple knives with me. Serves dual purpose for being fun and actually useful. Some people will relax for a bit reading a book, on their smart phone, or just taking a nap. I would rather dick around with one of my knives for a bit.
>>
File: 840-3.jpg (806KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
840-3.jpg
806KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: 1431549898122.jpg (88KB, 695x645px) Image search: [Google]
1431549898122.jpg
88KB, 695x645px
>>
File: 1429951665509.jpg (517KB, 945x652px) Image search: [Google]
1429951665509.jpg
517KB, 945x652px
>>
>>624695
Other than the two knives, and the camo bag, I don't see anything wrong with it.
If you want to carry two knives, why not make one a leatherman? The skeletool weighs practically nothing, and the sidekick has a saw and is still pretty light.

I never understood why so many people buy new digicam bags, they bring more attention to yourself than a plain colored bag.
>>
>>624837
thanks for replying, the bushcraft black is my go too camping blade. the 2nd mora is there because i like to work on bows and arrows - its just my preffered woodcraft knife.
i know the digicam stuff is ridiculous and crap camo but ive no need to blend in like a Predator. ive gathered this over years and some of it was gifted.
>>
>>624890
also forgot to add that not pictured is what my dog carries - got her an Ezydog backpack. its great because she can bring extra water and other bits for redundancy. its also good because i can dump my gear at my camp and go off foraging - at least i know she is carrying small essentials like 1st aid, torch and other basics.
>>
>>624837
>two knives
>being a problem
two is one, one is none
>>
>>624959
exactly.
better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
>>
>>624695
Not late man. I'm glad to see this thread continue. I like your bag bro looks well kempt. Personally I dislike the tags associated to our gear and how we sling it. .... It's just a ruck with gear to aid our skills fielded by our knowledge.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>624978
Anon here. I carry two or three knives. One as a personal (safety blanket knife), one as my wood worker, and the last as my food prep.
I don't see the problem with a multi tool for urban use though many items can be substituted in a pinch. The pliers /: maybe not.
Remember, one slip when crossing a river and all your gear can get taken from you. So that neck knife or belt knife may be the only cutting tool you have left.
I separate my gear by camp and scout gear. The stuff that I leave at camp when I break it and the rest as my on my person, scout gear that I go fuck around with (hunt-fish-forage-cook) away from camp. It has basic over night stuff that I rotate as far as food, but it's nice to have things you can post up with away from camp and have a little cook camp. This is where my hammock will soon play its role. (Future purchase)
It's a safe way to practice bushcrafting shelters without leaving a camp site with everything you need if someone your practicing-teaching with sucked at learning-applicating.
>>
>>620998
>contacts and contact gear
I feel your pain.
>>
>>624959
I actually extend this to 3 knives.

1 is none, 2 is 1, 3 is right.
>>
>>624989
thanks - i know what you mean about getting caught up in the trap of using labels to define stuff. most people i know think i have some kind of mental deficiency because i prefer to be out camping on my days off instead of sat in front of a tv.
i put a lot of thought into what i carry and take time maintaining my kit. to be honest i feel like i carry too much but for a night out i like some comforts. i just added a folding saw because fire wood processing can be tricky here (ireland) it fucking rains all the time. i like archery so i collect a lot of wood for it too.
im kinda lucky because i have kayaks and a wealth of places local to get /out/ plus my fiance enjoys the lifestyle too.
>>
File: 2l.jpg (12KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
2l.jpg
12KB, 300x180px
>>608879
Is that multi tool filthy or rusted?
>>
>>619403
Thank you good sir.
>>
>>619681
>approved
As in what /out/ thinks of it or what the company says it can be used for?
>>
>>620469
>having only (relatively) finite sources of fire
>>
>>615120
>>615083
>>612362
>>612125
>>612076
>>609970
>>609633
>>609563
>>608787
I didn't see toilet paper. I was skimming, don't be offended if I missed it.
>>
>>625049
toilet paper is retarded, paper tissues are more multi-functional
>>
>>625109
wipes are even comfier and more versatile.
>>
>>625004
It's coated
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>625003
Nothing strange man. What would be strange is if you could rationalize sitting in front of a tv. Watching a show or film on a subject that interests you is a different subject. But watching tv because there isn't "anything else to do" is a cop out to not having an interesting personality that can facilitate hobbies or talk about things that have some original thought in them.
Haha. I have a lot to talk about in that concern.
Personally I view gear and things as such in this way: if it's value in quality outweighs how much it bears on you it's worth it. Once camp is broken, and you sitting down resting. Your not going to worry about how much effort it took to get there, just that your enjoying the benefits.
This parallels well with work ethics. Just bust ass and youll enjoy the parts you want to. Now, if ou are one who cannot enjoy nature without feeling like your walking out your door with shoes, shirt and shorts.... Ok maybe the park is more of your scene.
>>
>>625140
ha, in one meeting at work everyone was complaining about the shite they had been watching on tv - they hate it but watch it anyway. its called 'programming' for a reason.
when i told them i dont have tv they looked at me like i had 2 fucking heads.
if only they knew i had spent the evening listening to music and honing my tomahawk blade..
>>
>>614981
Indiana Jones?
>>
>>625140
did that strip of leather come from a laplander by any chance?
>>
>>625049

>>609563 here, tissues and wet wipes on my list bro!
>>
File: image.jpg (955KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
955KB, 2592x1936px
>>625166
I keep getting this... I'm not sure if I should get offended because he was my childhood hero. Maybe I should pick up a whip and play the part lol for only 10$ at an outdoors store jot too bad being 55$ msrp.
>>625164
I do this when I seriously get bored. I think it's made me ocd about my edges. I live for the day when all my knives have a dirty-gritty-worn patina with a perfect 25 degree mirror polish convex bevel. & about the tv. I just can't stand the commercials man. It may also do with the instant gratification thing as well.
>>625170
No sir it is a braided, cut piece of Kiwi leather shoe string. Makes for a nice lanyard.
>>
>>625041
what /out/ thinks of it. Some people said that good amount of /out/ers would recommend it for the price.
>>
>>609289
This anon.... lives in Norway.
Them /out/-opportunities....
>>
>>608905

Better off with a shot gun. With all the dif rounds, you can easily defend yourself from bears, wolves, humans, skin walkers etc. Like when I go out, mine is loaded with 3 and a half inch slugs, I carry a dozen rounds of bird shot and a dozen rounds of buckshot.
>>
>>609373
i have added 5 tea candles to the kit
so far they are the most useful part
made 2 fires in fucking wet conditions both of the times i couldn't have without the paraffin in candle
>>
File: mipack.png (1MB, 1450x1077px) Image search: [Google]
mipack.png
1MB, 1450x1077px
This is what I've got so far. thoughts?
>>
>>628574
Is your radio crank?
I'd lose the pocket chainsaw and just carry a collapsible bow saw or something of the like.
.22 rounds and no gun?
>>
>>628583
Yeah the radio is crank and solar and battery. I have a 10/22 its just not INSIDE the actual bag.

I also have 1000 rounds with it not just the 100 pictures. I also do have a limb saw if thats what you mean. Unless you were talking about something else?
I just thought the collapsible saw would save space and its worked well for me before.
>>
File: naw.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
naw.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>625042
give it up lad
>>
>>628583
a good pocket chainsaw will perform better than most collapsible shit saw and take up less space
>>
>>628574
>>628589
all good nice kit, except the usb fan thing
i can't even...
>>
>>628589
I mean something like this.
http://www.rockcreek.com/camping-essentials/folding-sven-saw/12595.rc?utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_content=Camping+Accessories&utm_campaign=Camping+Essentials&gclid=CK6IpOCyiMkCFVY9gQodVdQCeg

>>628646
I have the opposite experience. If you know how to use a bow saw and don't let the blade pinch it's one of the fastest cutting hands tools I've used. Ergonomics were also better in my opinion. Instead of having to get down to the wood I can hood it with my foot/hand and move my saw with one hand.
>>
>>628574
I'd go one solar, one crank flashlight.
Extra underwear.
USB fan can be easily switched for 2 folding hand fans, one as a backup.

I think yours is really complete for never coming home. Lots of redundancy. The only thing I could think of would to be throw in some extras that will be useful, but hard to come by like parafin or alcohol. What's the weight of your whole kit, bag+ rifle/whatnot?
>>
>>628699
you do realize you can use wire and chain saws exactly the same way in a frame they just take up impossibly small space compared to saw-blades.
>>
I'm not a frequent poster here, in fact, I've never posted in here period. But this seems like the thread to ask this.

What is a good rugged compact survival flashlight, preferably one that can be cranked to recharge, or recharged in some other manner.

My mother collects flashlights, and I thought I would get her a proper survival flashlight she can carry in her purse for when the economy collapses, the solar flares destroy the infrastructure, the rapture happens or whatever disaster is going to happen next tuesday.

If this is not the right thread to ask this, please direct me to a thread I should try again in. While calling me names, if that helps.

Thanks.
>>
>>628707
No. I didn't realize that. Space between the two is debatable if you're still carrying the frame...unless you plan to build a frame. In that case more power to you- I'd rather start with a metal frame.
>>
>>628720
Black Diamond ReVolt headlamp and a small AA/AAA/USB solar charger like a Goal Zero. The ReVolt can take regular alkaline batteries or rechargeables like Eneloops and charge them in the headlamp via USB connection
>>
>>628739
obviously you need to build a frame all the compactness is lost with the frame.

it's just "building" is such an exaggeration. cut a green branch bend it and tie it and you got a workable frame.

if you need more heavy duty sawing you can build a tension frame easily enough with your knife but i generally wouldn't for a day-or-two hike.
>>
>>628744
I'll have to do a compare/contrast between the chainsaw blade in a frame vs a bow saw.
>>
>>612597
>/pol/ maymay
Just because some /pol/sters dislike minorities, does not mean they believe in magic as you imply.
>>
File: pocket-saw.jpg (208KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
pocket-saw.jpg
208KB, 736x552px
>>628756
this is how it should look like
sadly some pocket chainsaws do not actually have chainsaw blade rather some weird useless triangular teeth type and they don't actually cut the wood.
i have been promised a broken chain from a real chainsaw and i plan on making my own alternating direction saw chain but you can actually buy pocket chainsaws that are good.
>>
>>612452
Except the bacteria you carry with you.
>>
>>628807
The problem with actual chainsaw chains is that they're designed to cut in one direction, not both.
>>
>>628701
I attempted weighing it and its around 50 - 60 pounds. gun is a poly body 10/22 takedown, so its pretty light as well. the 1000 rounds I have for it are probably 7 pounds easy though.
>>
>>629007
Why are you carrying around 1000 rounds in your bob? 150 would be plenty.
>>
>>629110
I have 100 in my bag as is. I have another 1500 in another bag I can attach to my pack if I need to leave and dont intend on coming back or having access to modern things for a long time.
That other bag also has a sling, 2 cleaning kits, extra gun parts and a scope.

Carrying it on the back of my pack actually isnt very noticeable as long as I attach it toward the bottom.
>>
>>629363
>towards the bottom
Nononono! You want heavy shit up high and close to your body. If it's low and away from your body, it levers down on you and strains your shoulders and back.
>>
>>628891
>>628807
>and i plan on making my own alternating direction saw chain
yes, like i said you can turn some of them, but i have used saws that only cut in the pull direction and they worked awesome for a single person.
in theory you can just push the pins out take the chain apart and reorganize it however you like like a bike chain.
>>
>>629412
if they are high they will make you easier to topple tho. so it's a trade-off. stability or comfort.
>>
>>630403
Comfort any day. It's easier to keep your balance than it is to repair a wrenched back.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.