[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you guys hike/camp? National parks mostly? Random

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1385838643633.png (17KB, 367x461px) Image search: [Google]
1385838643633.png
17KB, 367x461px
Where do you guys hike/camp?

National parks mostly? Random forests? I notice many of you take weapons. Is that legal in national parks?
>>
File: 1444431580913.png (42KB, 300x372px) Image search: [Google]
1444431580913.png
42KB, 300x372px
>>608194
state parks, my own woods (which is a small part of a much larger forest). about once a year we travel somewhere far away to camp, like in the mountains or suttin. i don't bring weapons, but sometimes i pack bears prey when relevant.
>>
>>608194
I live near two National Forests. Much better than National Parks. In NP you have to buy permits and can only camp at designated camping spots. In National Forests it is dispersed camping. You dont need permits (at least at the two near me). The only rule I am aware of is you are not allowed to camp for more than 14 consecutive days in the same spot. After 14 days you have to move at least 1 mile then you can camp again.

Guns use to be a no no in all National Parks, believe it or not the Obama administration made it legal. (You still have to obey all state gun laws and restrictions yada yada yada.......)
>>
>>608196
>bears prey
hue hue hue
>>
>>608194
Here in Canada we can't carry firearms into national parks, but as far as I know other weapons like knives or bear spray is GTG.

We are allowed to bring firearms with us when it's just random public land, although I've never camped or hiked in those areas since I'm in an urban environment and it takes forever to get to the sticks, so my guns only travel to the gun range.
>>
>>608204
Currently working in a NP, you still cannot carry firearms on park grounds.
>>
>>608576
Knives and bear spray are fine in Canadian national parks; I normally carry both.

Both fall under the possible criminal offence of "Possessing a weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public peace." Which basically means you shouldn't be carrying them around in urban centers where you're probably just going to use them against people.

Pepper spray is a prohibited weapon anywhere in Canada, and bear spray is only considered an exception to that when possessed in circumstances that make it obvious you're using it against bears/animals and not against people. This is why when you buy bear spray in Canada you have to fill out and sign a form that says you promise not to use it on people.

Generally speaking of course the only people who ever really get charged with these types of offences are people who already have a criminal record, because the police assume criminals are just doing more criminal things.

Personally I do most of my hiking in parks because national park areas in the Canadian Rockies are badass. There are some areas that border the rockies parks that I also go to which are basically the equivalent of US national forests.
>>
Dispersed camping on state land.
I don't camp in parks because I might have to interact with normies.
>>
I want to travel to France. Surprisingly enough, no french people i've met online have been able to give me some good places to hike/camp.
I only know about Belle Ile in britain. Do you guys have any spots/experiences on the subject ?
>>
>>608194
One company owned all the forestry in my state, and that company went tits up a few years back. As a result, massive unpatroled wilderness.
>>
>>608603
Can you elaborate? When my family and I all got our CCL we were told about Obama changing the law, and that your vehicle or tent is your domicile. Nowhere besides your tent, camper, vehicle? Or nowhere at all? Or only on campsites and inside vendors spaces?
>>
>>608603
Good. I'm in a national park right now and some asshole kept firing off shots right near my campsite.

I'm only on /out/ right now because I saw a mystery animal and got spooped.
>>
>>608603
u wot m8

http://www.nps.gov/gate/learn/management/firearms-in-national-parks.htm
>>
>>608194
I never bring anything when I camp that I don't need, so I don't bring weapons. Silly and extremely unrealistic mindset to feel the need to bring a gun or even anything more than a very small knife or razor blade.

I have no respect for laws in national parks and forests, though. Not being able to legally feed yourself or sleep on public lands in a natural and non-destructive manner is absurd. Not being allowed to live in the way humans have for hundreds of thousands of years and only being allowed to live in the way we have for a few hundred is retard mode and I don't see any reason to respect such a system, nor is there any realistic way to enforce it without deploying an active police force to every scrap of forest.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.