[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would you have done in this situation /out/? https://w

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 41

File: bear.png (1MB, 1427x913px) Image search: [Google]
bear.png
1MB, 1427x913px
what would you have done in this situation /out/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5cMZymSr0
>>
I would have left the kayak alone and mauled her for having such an annoying voice
>>
>>602797
Wow that bitches voice is annoying as fuck.
>>
File: kill_zone.jpg (10KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
kill_zone.jpg
10KB, 300x237px
>>
>>602797
The bear should have fuck that bitch throat.
>why u doin this, pls pls pls stoph stoph bear, bear
>>
>>602797
Feel sorry for whoever marries that. Can you imagine ever trying to resolve a relationship dispute with her?
>>
Not go Kayaking in the rain.
>>
Yell, walk towards it, continue spraying, save my fucking kayak
>>
People as this annoying turd should be taken into the forest, and then there should be a pickaxe firme planted at the base of their skull.
Bear I would take to dinner.
>>
>>602953
*firmly
>>
holy fuck woman it's just a kayak and will probably still float, maybe need some minor repairs.
>>
>>602797
>retarded woman trying to plead with an even more retarded animal that can't understand her and doesn't give a fuck about her, instead of actually taking action herself
Seems about right.

On a side note, I was pretty surprised at how ineffective that pepper spray was. I thought this stuff was supposed to basically incapacitate bears. Looks like I'll be dumping that out of my kit next summer in favor of a second gun.
>>
>>602797
Bear banger
>>
>>602961
>Ineffective
B-but it did its job and saved her life.
>>
>not giving the bear a name
>just calling it bear
>trying to reason with it
Shit animal control tbh
>>
>>602966
He probably expected the bear to fall down, cry in pain and beg for mercy while twitching from potent murican pepper spray. Better get that second Gunnar anon, safety first.
>>
>>602797
god damn fucking loud whiny cunts smh

go /out/ to escape the city with your gf and that's what you have to listen to
>>
>>602797
damn, that bear is chill as fuck
I'd give that bear a fish
In the kayak
>>
BEAR PLS
>>
File: aXbeqeb_460s.jpg (143KB, 460x523px) Image search: [Google]
aXbeqeb_460s.jpg
143KB, 460x523px
Yes her voice is annoying but you can hear the fear and desperation in it too.
So i kinda feel bad for her, out in bumfuck nowhere and your mode of transportation is getting rekt. together with some of your other gear...
she tries to be nice (mistake) to the bear as she doesn't want to hurt him and doesn't want to make it more hostile.
but if she doesn't intervene she will get royally fucked, some natural damage can be fixed and i expect she has stuff for that. But after a bear used it as a chew toy ? good luck with that..
land route ? looks like at least a 30 miles on horrible terrain with gear for kayaking not hiking. and then the town is still on the other side of the water.

Lucky she could swim out to a boat to get help from the boat since the sv radio was not working.

>what would i have done ?
i guess i would have reacted in a similar way, though i would be more aggressive (since i am a 94 kg 190 male with a very deep voice it might be more successful)
+Use something to make noise like pots or that ever is in the 1 room cabin
+Use strobe mode on my flashlight

But i would have my own mode of commutation with me. maybe rented a "spot" or similar beacon.
Plus since im a fan of pyrotechnics and im a stupid man child i very frequently carry stuff like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX6iLdkKLUA
>>
>>603055
Women are raised to be weak from birth, while men are raised to be "alpha" and strong in order to provide for a family. Now that we are in the 21st century, when women decide to become empowered, they are faced with situations just like this one, and face the reality of dealing with something that is genuinely potentially harmful to their personal well being. While men are raised to be heman, women are raised to be barbies, and consequently are less able to make split second ration decisions, because they are raised to use emotion instead of logic to handle situations. This is societal programming in action.
>>
File: 4007-146_NOC02_view1_1000x1000.jpg (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4007-146_NOC02_view1_1000x1000.jpg
66KB, 1000x1000px
BEAR BANGERS
E
A
R

B
A
N
G
E
R
S
>>
>>602864
>that bitches voice
>>602961
>retarded woman trying to plead with an even more retarded animal that can't understand her

literally sounds like Timothy Treadwell though
>>
>>602961

Enjoy the increased risk of becoming bear-chow.
>>
>Make noise
>Throw big rocks
>Spray spray
>>
>>603279
>implying the bears won't scatter and run like scared little girls just from the sound of me rackin my 12 gauge
>>
>>603279
>shooting the bear with bullets instead of a condiment
>increased risk of becoming bear-chow.
>>
>>603279
You're a dumbass, right?
>>
>>602797
grab bear by the scruff, give it two slaps so it settles down maybe give it some jerky and keep it as a pet.
>>
File: 52.jpg (574KB, 754x600px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
574KB, 754x600px
I would pepper spray the fuck out of him. Then bodyslam him into the fuckin lake. And drive the KANU over him.
>>
>>602970
butthurt hippe euro detected
>>
>>603279
>Never has fired a gun in entire life
>>
>>602797
when dealings with bears comrade
>grab good old kalashnikov
>remove magazine, remove bullet from chamber
>hold kalashnikov by the barrel
>smack the bear right between the eyes

never go to bear country without a kalashnikov!
>>
File: shot_placement.jpg (322KB, 800x1017px) Image search: [Google]
shot_placement.jpg
322KB, 800x1017px
>>603305
good luck m8
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 345x259px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 345x259px
So I've been carrying bear mace when I go /out/ because I've was told by everyone here it was more effective than anything else.

Didn't seem so effective in the video. I believe I'll exchange it for a gun. What does /out/ recommend?
>>
do americans really talk to bears? wtf
>>
>>603319
Actually shooting a bear in the head is the worse place to aim for. Due to thick sloped skulls, it is very difficult to penetrate. Aim for heart and lungs.
>>
>>603322
Asking /k/
>>
>>603322
learn the power of the "Stick"!
watch the bear haven vids you will be amazed by the magical properties of the"Stick" you will never carry bear mace anymore.

a charging fully mature grizzly can be stopped by holding a twig in front of it. i'm not kidding.
>>
>>603322
>Didn't seem so effective in the video
Why do people continue saying this? The bear was charging at her and then went back. 100% effective. Did you expect the pepper spray would kill the bear or something?

If that annoying bitch had continued spraying in its direction instead of begging for mercy the bear would run the fuck back to the woods.
>>
>>602961
>>603293
I'm sorry, I didn't see where the bear charged and mauled her. You guys must have 4chan Gold accounts. Spray works. It hits their nose and they turn and run. In this video;
She didn't hit it in the face.
It wasn't charging or being aggressive.
She wasn't being aggressive either.
>>603324
Do you see a heart/lung shot in >>603319?
Bear skull bullshit is a myth. Shoot it in the face and it will run away.
>>
>>603342
>The bear was charging at her and then went back.
seemed to me he was more perplexed by the hissing sound
did i mention bears especially black are terrified of cats? hiss at a bear and it will shit it's furpants scampering away.
>>
Recently took my ferrari /out/ and I keep a glock in that bish
Let them shots ring out like church bells frfr.

But seriously how do bears survive if they only eat boats
>>
>>603366
i think either she had food in there or the bear just vented frustration on the nearest object that smelled like her and not pepper cause of the annoying voice.
>>
File: bear.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>602962
>>
>>602797
The sound she make when she worry about the kayak sound like a wounded animal. I relive bear calls do this sound.
>>
>>603343
Do you see a heart/lung shot in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8R9fwsEA6M
>>
File: sword12333333333.jpg (56KB, 650x518px) Image search: [Google]
sword12333333333.jpg
56KB, 650x518px
I would take my sword out. High quality Anglo Saxon steel, tempered 1000 times.

I would lunge at the beast, and aim the tip of my blade at it's heart. As the blade pierces it's heart, I scream like the berserker I am.

"psssh...nothin personnel...kid..."
>>
File: 41IE00klOnL._SX342_.jpg (17KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
41IE00klOnL._SX342_.jpg
17KB, 342x342px
Axe the bear in the neck, bodyslam it, rape the annoying bitch and steal her kayak.
>>
>>603431
i would rather rape the bear and axe the bitch in the neck tho
>>
>>603322
lever .45-70 is a classic.

Or a bolt action .375 H&H which is sort of overkill for black bears. Follow up shots are also slow for bolt guns.
>>
Half of the amerifags fantasize about being in similar situation and then shooting the poor bear just so they can come back to /out/ and /k/ and have a whole circlejerkcirclejerk only for them self
>>
>>603441
Or we just realize that our lives are worth more to us than some bears.
>>
>>603446
Lets say some arab guy comes to your back yard with his camel, you go out to inspect and he starts screaching and sheit at you, you get shared because you don't understand crap what hes saying so you kinda show aggresion so he peppers you in the eye, you turn back and start kicking his camel.
Should he shoot you?
Same fucking situation, ignorant idiot in somebody else backyard and a creature dumb by human standards.
>>
>>603446
Canada has more bears than the US and we don't need to carry our guns around just because. Grow up little baby.
>>
>>603453
Not you, maybe.
>>
>>602797
Like i did last time a stupid bear wanted to destroy my equipment; Go into house, get all my knife from drawers etc. Throw knifes after bear. 1 good hit and the bear will run away and never come back
>>
>>602797
Aren't black bears skittish as fuck? Pretty sure I've seen a video of some woman charging one down and it bottled it.
>>
>>603474
Yup. They are huge pussies, if you just make yourself big and make a lot of noises they'll generally run off. Unless they are desperately hungry, or if you are near its cubs.
>>
>>603448
In that situation you just described I would fully expect him to shoot me. That being said, I can't begin to imagine why you would attack his camel and not him if you were angry you got pepper sprayed.
>>
File: beardude.jpg (28KB, 635x348px) Image search: [Google]
beardude.jpg
28KB, 635x348px
>>602797
Voice makes my dick hard.
>ur breaking my anus
>>
>>602797

To everyone saying that the spray was effective/ineffective, judge the distance a little better. It was too far away. The spray needs to come into full contact with the nose/eyes in a fairly direct plume. She got anxious and sprayed it from like...15 ft away. It even walked closer because it was confused and probably only walked away because the dispersed cloud was a little bit bitter. I've experienced dispersed bear spray like that, it makes you gag and cry but it's not even particularly painful it's just like breathing in sand.
It's the proximity that counts and she screwed that up. Honestly if she just bluff-charged it, it might have ran.
She sounds like a country barbie regardless. A back country alaskan woman wouldn't have sat there recording/shouting/improperly using spray/ crying etc.
>>
>>603498
>it makes you gag and cry
You are not a bear, bears are far more sensitive to stuff like that.
>>
>>603500
Bears are pussies tbh
>>
>>603498
>It was too far away.
Bears can run up to 35mph. I'm not letting them get that close before I shoot it.
>>
File: Bear Defense.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Bear Defense.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
And you faggots were mad at me for bringing fireworks as bear protection. They sure as hell would have stopped the bear from playing with the kayak.
>>
>>603514

you sound like you shouldn't be outdoors then. Close encounters happen. It's best to carry mace and know how to use it rather than shoot everything that gets within a stone throw of you
>>
>>602797
>women
>anthropomorphism

Every damn time. I really try not to jump to conclusions but I just cannot help but think that she is really opposed to guns and went the "humane" route. Though, maybe this is beneficial for the bear, because I think this woman is too retarded to fire warning shots to spook the bear and would simply blast the poor thing for being curious about the fish guts that weren't washed off her stupid fucking kayak.

That lady is allowed to vote. Holly Christ.
>>
If anyone's curious, this is what the dumb bitch looks like.
>>
>>603531

https://plus.google.com/+MaryMaley/photos
>>
File: mm.jpg (90KB, 508x677px) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
90KB, 508x677px
>>603531
>>
File: 2195439.jpg (188KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2195439.jpg
188KB, 500x500px
>>
>>603322
>What does /out/ recommend?
>>603325
>Asking /k/
/k/ suggests making sure the bear gets a full dose of pepper spray in the face
Bear spray works, she was just too far away. It dissipated before it got to him.
>>
File: 1443682425080.jpg (88KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1443682425080.jpg
88KB, 680x510px
>>602797

>Bears don't listen to women either.

On a related not, I would have charged him with the spray while screaming like a lunatic, it's a fucking black bear.
>>
>>603557

>Spray mace
>Run towards direction you sprayed
>Mace flies back in your face
>You just bear maced yourself

You don't deserve a kayak...
>>
>>603453

>Canada has no guns

Speak for yourself and whatever urbane pussyhole you hail from, homo.
>>
>>603567
I never implied we had no guns, fool.
>>
I would've acted more aggressive and tried to scare the bear away from my kayak instead of trying to talk to it. If bear turned on me I would them liberally apply pepper spray to its face until it ran away. Might've thrown some rocks or heavy sticks if any were handy at the time too.
>>
>>603563

I'd only use the spray him if he didn't leg it from the charge, m80.
>>
>>603569

Well fuck you anyway. It's fun carrying guns around in the woods just because.
>>
>>603531
>>603533

Here's your reply, not your personal army.
>>
>>603573

That's not a 'personal army' post. It's a post to help educate you people on what stupid looks like, so you can hopefully avoid such people in the future.
>>
>>603576
stupid can come in many shapes and forms anon, it may not be so easily recognizable in the future.
>>
>>603520
Actually fireworks sounds like a fucking great idea. Only problem is depending on the type, it might start fires during a dry season.
>>
>>603324

I have a video called predator termination time (great hunting film if thats your sort of thing, just a bunch of rednecks doing what rednecks do best) guy dropped a grizzly with an arrow in the skull, I'm not worried about bullets.
>>
>>603572
You're such a cute little man child, poor little murrican scared shitless of the outdoors.
>>
>>603322
/k/ here, if you don't have experience with firearms and are not going to train extensively, bear spray.

If you are competent with firearms, I personally recommend 308 or larger rifle rounds. 454 casul and 500 smith and wesson magnum are the only revolvers i would trust.

Seriously though, if you are not retarded, you'll be fine with just bear spray.
>>
>>603062
>While men are raised to be heman, women are raised to be barbies
nice anecdotal argument you got there
I know men that are bitches and women that have more balls than chuck norris.
>>
>>603411
>personnel
>no employees to be found
>>
>>603500
not only that but you are also aware of what it is that is causing you pain, the bear isnt.
>>
>>603514
cowards... cowards everywhere
that bear is a fucking youngling it's like
"IM NOT LETTING THAT PUPPY COME ANY MORE NEAR ME IMMA SHOOT IT"
>>
>>603704
but do they make better split second decision that is the question. i knew dumb bitches that were seemingly unafraid to assault me it's just that was a really bad decision.
>>
>>603712
people are scared of wild animals because unpredictability, personally I woulda made a fuck load of noise and got between it and the kayak while spraying it into extinction.
>>
Draw handgun, put a round into the ground. That's more than enough to scare off the bear.
>>
>>603714
nah i don't think wild animals are unpredictable.
usually bears give you a pretty good sign of their intentions.

i firmly believe if you are accustomed to an animal species you can read their "facial expressions" and posture clear as a day. there is a vast difference between for example how black bears and grizzly bears look at people.

>The bear may approach you or rear up on its hind legs. Bears are often curious. If one stands on its hind legs, it is most likely trying to catch your scent; this is not necessarily a sign of aggression. Back away slowly and talk in a soft voice.

>Watch for aggressive behaviours. A bear may display aggression by swinging its head from side to side; making vocalizations such as huffs, snorts, whoops, or moans; displaying teeth or claws; jaw popping; swatting at the ground; staring with eye contact; panting; or laying its ears back. These behaviours usually indicate that the bear is stressed, acting defensively and asking for more space. Attacks rarely follow. This is the most common kind of black bear aggressive encounter.
>>
>>603722
tldr
that bear on the op vid is not asking for trouble in fact it is clearly displaying *unhostile intentions it's curious and careful. probably expecting to be fed or just inexperienced.
>>
>>603406

There's more than one person shooting and see how close it got.

Imagine you are alone and you dont have your weapon to hand. You have to grab your gun, cock it, perhaps even load it, take aim and then HOPE to god you hit the thing (a moving target) in an effective enough spot to take it down.

I'd still rather take my chances with the spray and then reach for my gun once the spray has initially deterred the bear.
>>
>she doesn't carry throwing knives

Just throw shit at it, or you know shoot that bear, skin, then wear it on your voyage back to home. Also tape the whole process since she had a camera.
>>
>>603713
> I hit women
>>
>>603800

Equal rights deserve equal lefts.
>>
>>603724
>watch the bear haven vids you will be amazed by the magical properties of the"Stick" you will never carry bear mace anymore.

Curious bears that do not run away are very dangerous...bears that display this type of behavior whose territory overlaps with humans will invariably end up dead.
>>
>>603722
>nah i don't think wild animals are unpredictable.

Then you're a fool.
>>
>>603748
>Not owning an AR-15 with a giggleswitch and an undermounted canister of bear spray attached to the picatinny rail system

It's like you don't live in Alaska.
>>
File: pepperspray.jpg (58KB, 675x416px) Image search: [Google]
pepperspray.jpg
58KB, 675x416px
>>603826
>an undermounted canister of bear spray attached to the picatinny rail system

https://youtu.be/Q8ITGNX1Yq4
>>
>>603800
actually i didn't she broke her wrist on my sternum
and i laughed at her
>>
>>603828
that is actually a fucking good idea...
>>
>>603816

No, you just know nothing about bears.
We wouldn't have state and national parks if wild animals were wholly unpredictable because then people would constantly be eaten.
Turns out they aren't so only retards get eaten
>>
Why was that bear doing that?
Was it really the end of september ?
That bear was supposed to be asleep right?
>>
>>603902

bears won't begin hibernation until the end of fall. They spend most of fall fattening up. He probably smelled some scraps off of her kayak and decided to tuck in.
One of my old professors showed us a video of the remains of a float plane that was absolutely ravaged by a bear when the derpy pilot left a cooler full of food in it.
>>
File: 100_8169.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
100_8169.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
This is the only real option for bears.
>>
>>603624

fuck off faggot

-a canadian
>>
>>604016
Cute paperweight
>>
>>603812

http://youtu.be/bk5xYc09Mos
>>
File: 600px-Batman-JokerRevolver3.jpg (57KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Batman-JokerRevolver3.jpg
57KB, 600x336px
>>604050
It won't be so cute when it rips a six inch hole in your chest. Also, good luck drawing your eight inch penis-compensator with a bear breathing down your neck you dumb faggot.
>>
>>603535
guys did anyone notice the socks and sandals, jesus christ I'm so triggered right now.
>>
>>603538
thats what I'm gonna do, gosh darn it
>>
>>603322
That's going to depend on you, you'll have to decide between a long gun and a handgun first, handguns are handy but their power can't be compared to a rifle or shotgun

A shotgun would be the most utilitarian and it would be very effective but something else might fit you better depending on your needs
>>
>>603852

If people constantly got eaten by animals, they would be predictable.
>>
>>604106
Is she German?
>>
>>603535

I thought this was a midget before I opened the thumbnail.
>>
File: 460XVR001.jpg (208KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
460XVR001.jpg
208KB, 1024x768px
>>604050
Its a fucking gorgeous paper weight that will kill a grizzly.

>>604081
Any easier to mace the cute fuzzy fucker?

Also its a penis reducer. This is the one I use when my weewee feels small
>>
Bear probably learned that kayaks sometimes contain yummy sammiches. I would have thrown it a sammich. :'3'
>>
File: 1417929499160.jpg (151KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1417929499160.jpg
151KB, 600x599px
>>602797
>RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>604156
Cite the grizzlies you've killed with it. Or other animals.
>>
>>604156
Nice photo of someone else's pistol.
>>
>>604055
frankly women don't realize that for them to hit men it's kind of like if a man walk up to a bear and slap him and expect everything to be fine.
sometimes it is sometimes you get mauled depending on the mood of the bear.
>>
>>604352
Neither pics are mine, but the amount of ass pain that flows from this place when animal death is involved it's astounding.

You would be silly to think that these guns designed to fire cartridges made for taking large game wouldn't kill a grizzly though.

>>604355
Neither are mine
>>
>>603615
I find these Lil bitch ass bears and hit em up with a mac 10. They don't even know wtf hit them
>>
File: IMG_20151003_034431.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151003_034431.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>604016
> truth

Not the only option, but the best option.

> mfw Ruger copied Gary Reeder's custom and made it a production gun!
>>
>>602797
> Obama's Peace Plan
> Putin please stop! PLEASE!
> PLEASE!

This is how he destroys America, by being a weak whiner and bitches copy his lead!
>>
File: SprayEncountersChart[1].jpg (25KB, 484x250px) Image search: [Google]
SprayEncountersChart[1].jpg
25KB, 484x250px
>>604420
I am tired of all the /k/omandos knowing nothing at life and giving stupid advices to peoples.

This is what you will get if you spray that bear.
>>
File: BearGunChart[1].jpg (21KB, 465x250px) Image search: [Google]
BearGunChart[1].jpg
21KB, 465x250px
>>604463
And this is what you will get if you shoot at them.
>>
>>604463
>>604464

> becauz muh graphs, mang!

And yet, I have seen the skull of the "bear shot from 6", while on top of guide" hanging in Gary's shop, The Pistol Parlor.

Flagstaff anons can go in and talk to his wife Colleen about it. I can promise she hunts more than you do!

What now, more graphs?
>>
File: rangerball_bearspr.png (296KB, 1000x2040px) Image search: [Google]
rangerball_bearspr.png
296KB, 1000x2040px
>>604463
>>604464
>>
>>602797

I'd imitate the noise of a Sasquatch to scare it off.
Sasquatch are the alpha predator in North America and are known to kill Brown Bear.
>>
>>604477
So, someone once get away with a charging bear by shooting at him?
Fine. Now do you think YOU will hit a 2" target that move fast while the only thing you can think of is that you will be eaten alive in two seconds?

Not hitting the brain will turn him into Hulk. Better think twice.
>>
>>604463
I like the numbers and sources the best. Those are my favorite parts
>>
>>604481
> mfw 'Squatches kills and wears the skins of brown bears
> ...making them look just like 'Squatches

The fucking irony.
>>
>>603531
>>603535
>>603538
I'd stick my dick in it
>>
>>604486
I like the part where you ask google for informations before you give your opinion.

All bear inflicted injuries (3) associated with defensive spraying involved brown bears and were relatively minor (i.e., no hospitalization required). In 7% (5 of 71) of bear spray incidents, wind was reported to have interfered with spray accuracy, although it reached the bear in all cases. In 14% (10 of 71) of bear spray incidents, users reported the spray having had negative side effects upon themselves, ranging from minor irritation (11%, 8 of 71) to near incapacitation (3%, 2 of 71). (JOURNAL OF WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT 72(3):640–645; 2008)”

When 478 people used guns to defend themselves from a bear attack: 17 were killed by the bear, 25 received serious injuries, 42 had moderate injuries and 29 had only slight injuries (24% injury rate). Gun users experienced 12 times the injury rate of those in the bear spray use study.
(Gore, M. L., B. A. Knuth, P. D. Curtis, and J. E. Shanahan. 2006. Education programs for reducing American black bear-human conflict: indicators of success? Ursus 17:75-80.; Herrero, S. 1985, 2002 (Revised edition). Bear attacks: their causes and avoidance. Lyons & Burford, Publishers, New York, New York, USA.)
>>
>>604489
> never underestimate the power of desperation
> never underestimate the power of no taste in footwear
>>
>>604490
>17 wete killed

> They were already dead and died living!

I will take my chances and shoot the motherfuckers on sight!

Fucking stupid bears! Too many of thier kind around anyway! They are destructive, a danger and a menece! They serve no real purpose in nature.
>>
>>604490
Those are hardly comparable sample sizes. 71 versus 478? You don't think that with nearly 500 cases of bear spray being used that some of them would have died?

I realize its conjecture at this point but at roughly 6.7 times the sample size, I'll stick with the gat.

Also out of those 478 if we could see a breakdown by caliber I'm sure that would further explain how some dumbass probably tried to use a 9mm which will in fact only anger a bear

over 360 people that used guns ended up fine with another 70 people only receiving slight or moderate injuries.
>>
>>604505
If you have a study of 500 case of bear encounter dealt with with spray, feel free to post it.
>>
>>604512
Thats not the point, you can't tout spray as the safest alternative if its hardly been used. according to your info more than 5 times as many people came out fine with guns as they did spray altogether.

I'm just saying that theirs not enough definitive proof to relay solely on spray, and that at least you know where you stand with the gun provided you have practiced and know what you are doing.
>>
>>604480

You know I'd say let nature take its course, except that in this case bears are also harmed which unacceptable. Do us all a favor gunfucks and shoot yourself.
>>
>>604521

the problem is most people will not have practice with a bear.
And regardless, the point is to avoid mortal damage to yourself and the bear. Spray has shown no fatalities, and the bear also gets away. In any case with a gun either you die or the bear dies (or both given that maulings lead to the bear being destroyed, which can be avoided with spray) which isn't really even necessary.
>>
>>604490
Do you think that the bear understands that pepper spray is non-lethal?

And of course there's nothing to confirm that the situations where comparable. Obviously it takes way less aggression for you to use spray, so the situations where spray is used are less serious. And when the spray doesn't cut it you go for the gun.

And sample size with the spray is abysmal, meaning that out of the out of the 71 cases maybe 30 were as severe as the gun cases.

ACTUALLY: Did you even read the report? the report admits that only 25 of the cases were aggressive bears and only 9 cases did the bear actually charge. So 33% injury rate, higher than the gun users!!! Not that the sample size is big enough to draw any conclusions.

>>604589
>avoid mortal damage to yourself and the bear.
>and the bear
No. Bears that actually attack humans getting culled is a good thing.

And there's no proof of spray being more effective.

You sound like a liberal that thinks people hurting criminals in self defense is a bad thing and hates guns. The funny thing about gun control is that anti gunners will lift things like mace as a good self defense alternative (Even though it doesn't defend you). But once guns are banned, they will push to ban mace and knives.
Do you want people to have the best protection or do you just want to stop people having guns?
>>
>>604616
>No. Bears that actually attack humans getting culled is a good thing.

And you sound like you're compensating for your dick with a weapon. I'm a gun owner. No I don't think hurting criminals in defense is a bad thing - thing is, a human being has better understanding of what they're doing. A mother grizzly bluff charging you or surprising a black bear into a charge is no reason to put it down. Animals will attack humans. That doesn't mean both can't walk away alive, especially considering we (can't speak for you, but most people) have the critical thinking skills necessary to put together non-lethal defense weaponry.

If you go out into the wilderness, you're going to encounter animals. If you put down every animal that charges you, you should probably stay the fuck indoors.
>>
>>604619
> mfw every anti gunner brings up the dick
> it's like an obsession, really
> and then the gall to mention "crucial thinking skills"

How juvenile?
>>
>>604620

>can't actually argue the point
>wah h-how juvenile
>>
>>604616
>And there's no proof of spray being more effective.

http://www.adn.com/article/are-guns-more-effective-pepper-spray-alaska-bear-attack

Dr. Tom Smith, Herrero and others assessed the effectiveness of bear spray in 72 incidents in Alaska where someone used it in defense. Bear spray was effective in 92 percent of the 50 cases involving grizzlies and 90 percent of the 20 cases involving black bears. No one who used bear spray was killed.

Firearms often wound bears, which may trigger or increase aggressive behavior. Ironically, many more people are injured or killed annually by accidentally shooting themselves or companions than are mauled by bears.

Does carrying a gun prevent serious or fatal injuries by bears? Not according to Kaniut’s list. In 86 (70 percent) of the 122 maulings where enough information is provided, either the victim or someone else in the party had a firearm. Of course, some bears are shot before they can do any damage. These encounters aren’t included in Kaniut’s list and aren’t necessarily reported. A firearm can be useful, as Herrero attests, but obviously firearms don’t prevent maulings. Many of the victims in Kaniut’s list were injured before a firearm could be discharged, or the shots missed the bear. In 40 (36 percent) of 110 maulings someone in the party had wounded the bear before or during the attack.

How about Herrero’s contention that a firearm may increase the likelihood or severity of a bear attack? Based on Kaniut’s list, in 30 percent of the 40 attacks where the bear was wounded before or during the attack, the bear killed at least one person. In 24 percent of the 86 attacks where someone in the party had a firearm, a person died.
>>
File: latest.jpg (14KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
14KB, 228x221px
>>604625
>>
>>604619
>And you sound like you're compensating for your dick with a weapon. I'm a gun owner.
And I'm not.

>If you put down every animal that charges you
I wouldn't blame someone who shot a lethal animal(Bear or moose basically) that charged them. We know from the statistics that they rarely charge, and once they charge you are in very grave danger. There's a reason we put down animals who attack humans, there's often something wrong(Psychologically) with them when they are free to go but choose to attack.

>>604625
>assessed the effectiveness of bear spray in 72 incidents
Did you read my post? I just explained why that statistic is irrelevant. 9 bear attacks is not a big enough sample size to draw any conclusions.

Not only that, but the studies are not comparable. The spray study covers cases where the user used the spray correctly. The gun study covers cases where guns were involved. In 78% of the cases where guns failed to stop the bear there was user error(Too slow, did not use, mechanical issues, not loaded, failure to actuate safety). So roughly calculated, Using a gun correctly has a 88-95% success rate.

>many more people are injured or killed annually by accidentally shooting themselves or companions than are mauled by bears.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>604619
Go ahead and call a Fucking bluff on a bear
>>
>>604657
>many more people are injured or killed annually by accidentally shooting themselves or companions than are mauled by bears.
Unless they mean gun accidents that have nothing to do with bears, which would be ridiculous. Bees and pepper spray both kill more people per year than bears...
>>
>>604616
i'm a firm believer in both method in fact i'm gonna load my gun with bear spray
>>
>>604622
I'm not going to argue about my dick.

That was the point you brought up, anin.

Admit you hate guns, gun owners and lethal self-defence.

Then we can have a valid conversation.

Without doing that, you are just baiting. Admit the truth.
>>
>>604625
>In 86 (70 percent) of the 122 maulings where enough information is provided, either the victim or someone else in the party had a firearm. Of course, some bears are shot before they can do any damage
>some
Yeah this article is cherrypicking and weasel-wording to the maximum. By "some" they mean the overwhelming majority.
>>
>>604616
>>604619
frankly i'm all for non lethal

i love animals i love bears i would want them to live unless i need them to die cause otherwise i die

but frankly if an animal would attack me i would feel deeply and personally offended and i would do my best to murder it (unless you know it's like ridiculously small and harmless like a squirrel)

so yeah all you fags go take a bear spray i'm gonna carry a stick and a big knife
>>
>>604687
This has to be some very advanced and strange bait
>>
>>604691
it was not meant to be close up knives are proven to be more lethal than guns and the stick is the nonlethal it just agrees with my caveman spirit to have something solid to stick into the face of a predator also sticks are magical objects for wildlife and they show fear and reverence for them "flying" sticks. if you have a stick you probably won't need to fight a bear.
>>
>>604706
Yeah sorry man I think you need to come back when you are sober
>>
>>604710
i'm sober enough thank you, you just seem to be a gigantic pussy that's all
a man only needs a stick to beat 99% of wildlife
some african and ocean megafauna is the exception there you definitely need sharp steel point on your stick
>>
File: hmm.png (69KB, 340x440px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
69KB, 340x440px
The really important thing in a situation like this is to not panic and instead think through your next steps using logic.

First I would emit several deep, sultry groans to entice the bear into mating with me. She would circle around, sniff my pungeant genital musk, then present her rear for mounting.

Now, I'm no pervert. I'm not into sick bear shit but it would have to be done, surely? I'd just close my eyes as I thrust deep into the hairy, warm, sticky bear puss and imagine it's something wholesome like a dolphin instead.

"Garooo" I would bellow, "GAROOOOOOO", then set loose the juice all up in dat caboose. Long ropey strands of jizz trailing from my now flaccid penis as I withdraw it from her hairy bear pussy, provided she is satisfied she should be pretty tuckered out. Now comes the sleep rape, just to be sure.

I'd nut once in her eyes, another time all over her snout (maybe get a little in the nostrils) then pack as many pinecones as I can find nearby into her vagina and asshole,(maybe put a few in my own ass as emergency rations for later) then make a stealthy escape.
>>
File: grizz.jpg (297KB, 874x1028px) Image search: [Google]
grizz.jpg
297KB, 874x1028px
>>604743
>>
>>603322
First off, are you proficient with a firearm? If no, stick to bear spray.

If yes, get a shotgun and load it with slugs or a rifle in .45-70. Either one of those weapons with the proper ammunition will knock a grizzly on it's ass. If it's too heavy for your bitch-ass to lug innawoods, get a 10mm glock and load it with hardcast flat nose bullets. No garuantee that it'll kill it, but 10mm will make it think twice for sure.
As for the video I'd fire into the air to see if that scared the bear off, or at least make a fuckton of noise. If it charged I'd kill it but I personally really don't wanna have to kill a bear unless I really have to. Noise and spray, and if it attacks I kill it. If it just kept eating my boat and didn't do anything else, oh well.
>>
>>604784

Get a load of this semen demon
>>
>>602937
Agree Komradee! Bear should have fuk that bich tho0at! for muthar russia! stadvistya to choke town you deboychka!
>>
>>603837
kekkus maximus friendo
>>
>>602797
i would make myself as big as possible by waving with something like a jacket or stick in each hand. keep a dominant posture and SCREAM.

i always laugh my ass off when retards are yelling things like BEAR plz GO AWAY!!! it's not like it understands you, faggot
>>
File: Dinner-Bell.jpg (938KB, 4752x3168px) Image search: [Google]
Dinner-Bell.jpg
938KB, 4752x3168px
>>602797
>all that scared mewling and high pitched shrieking
>right in front of a fucking hungry bear

might as well duct tape food all over herself
>>
>>604851
it's what i thought exactly if you can to entice a predator to eat you this is the tone you use.

it's like saying DINNER and waving a huge juicy steak in front of a hungry dude and then as he gets close saying "don't mind if i..." you pepper spray him.
>>
http://youtu.be/eK0pO79YkvY

It's like a video game.
>>
>>604980
fake and gay
>>
http://youtu.be/rbE53XUtVw0

would hug/10
>>
>>604998
Rug/10
>>
>>604998
funny the bear is curious as fuck about the hummie but don't want to stare cause it might be interpreted as aggression
i seen this exact behavior on humans
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-04-00-14-57.png (129KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-04-00-14-57.png
129KB, 480x320px
>>604998
I know, bears are so cute and cuddly!

Who was that other gay motherfucker that had his face eaten off by a bear, Timothy Treadwell?
>>
>>605007
They're not the bloodthirsty killers you make them out to be, anon
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-04-00-37-19.png (60KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-04-00-37-19.png
60KB, 320x480px
>>605009
I know, they're so cute, right Boo Boo?
>>
>>604430
> Putin NO! PLEASE STOP!
> PUTIN, WHY ARE YOU WREAKING CRIMEA ...and Syria?

> WHY? PLEASE STOP! PLEASE STOP, PUTIN!

Yeah, that's about it.
>>
>>603411
Would laugh again.
>>
>>603431
>>603434

Rape her neck, rape the bear, rape the kayak.
>>
>>604616
>And when the spray doesn't cut it you go for the gun.
When the spray doesn't cut, the bear is less than a meter away from you. I hope you are Clint Eastwood.
>>
>>605082
your first and most important defense against a bear attack is presence
you have to project the aura of an apex predator and you should avoid surprising them or showing the smallest amount of fear
you should imitate their cautious respectful but curious behavior
avoid direct staring but keep an eye on them don't back down unless they are distressed cause you got too close but even then back down slowly and tentatively like "hey i don't want no trouble bearbro but i could kill you you know if i were hungry"
my first thing when i get into woods is cut myself a good shaft preferably taller than me a bit make it pointy at the lighter end
just holding out the stick in front of you will discourage a charging bear 99% of the time remaining 1% you got to smack them in the face like how they settle their disputes
up close i mean if you are in the bears range a long knife will do you more good than a gun

most important thing is don't be a pussy
>>
>>602797
She must have been pretty small.
Last time I saw a black bear up close it ran away as soon as it noticed me.
>>
>>605184
that's what they usually do
unless you whine like a small trapped animal
>>
Imagine how loud she is during sex
O_o
>>
>>605085
>close i mean if you are in the bears range a long knife will do you more good than a gun

No. Stop spreading bs. Even a 9mm will do something like 3 times the damage than a stab, and is much easier to get off in close quarters when you are getting mauled by a bear. Good luck stabbing a bear.
>>
>>605215
> mfw anon would fuck a troll
>>
>>605216
Wasn't the anon who was carrying fireworks as vear protection also carrying a large dagger?
>>
>>605216
not true a knife does shittons of damage compared to a faggy little 9mm
>>
File: 1413945043078.jpg (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1413945043078.jpg
77KB, 600x800px
>>605216
>>
>>605216
if you google bear killed with knife google gonna swamp you hits
>>
>>604580
do me a favor and hang yourself

more guns for me
>>
>>605216
>The old Szekely sitting in the garden of the house and smoke a pipe. Shouting rushed toward his grandson.
>- Grandpa, Grandpa! Bear is on the roof!
>The old one sniff the pipe and says:
>- Now, you bring the dog, the rifle and the traglia pole.
>- Why all that, Grandpa?
>- I will climb up to the roof and pick the bear down with the pole, and the dog will bite his balls off.
>- But why the gun?
>The old one sucks the pipe and snorts again and says:
>- If the bear lest picks me off, then you shoot the dog.
>>
>>602797
>alaska

phew. I was worried she was canadian for a sec. would've had to track and kill the sow myself. and i mean the human one.
>>
>>602797
>come here
>>
>>602941
"I am tired and would like to sleep, Martha."
>PLEASE STOP THAT PLEASE STOP THAT PLEASE ANON WHY DO YOU NEED TO SLEEP YOU SLEPT YESTERDAY ANON PLEASE DON'T IGNORE ME BY SLEEPING WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH ME ANON PLEASE STAY AWAKE PLEASE STAY AWAKE PLEASE STOP
>>
>>604589
You do know that if a bear attacks someone, the government will have it killed, right? There is no reason to try to protect a bear, if it is shown to be a man eater or an aggressive bear it will die anyways.
>>
>>605221
>>605222
Stop someone might take you seriously
Troll please stop, pleeeaase
>>
>>605356

If a bear *mauls* someone, it will be killed.
If the encounter resolves without injury to the human, the bear won't be put down. Which is why mace is more effective.
>>
>>605384
> bear mace corporate shill shilling this hard

What's it like owning stock in a bear spray company and selling your soul as a corporate whore?
>>
>>605365
no and if you doubt me let's have a duel at arms length i grab a combat knife or bayonet you can have your gun or we both pick a bear of the same species gender and weight class if you have problems with shooting humans.

how about it?
>>
>>605384
there is a problem with that tho
no bear that attacks a human should be put down unless it was a predatory attack then no matter the outcome the bear should be killed, they can teach this stuff to their young and stuff you don't want bears thing humans are a food source. in russia there are bears that specialize on humans and teach their cubs hot to hunt humans. it's because wolves take all their natural food it's a desperate measure for the bears but still we can't have that.
>>
cs gas mask and wait
>>
>>605685

If we were going to have that problem then we would have by now.
Yes human-predatory bears should be put down. But every encounter with a bear should not involve it being shot. Spraying with pepper spray is like hazing coyotes - it sucks for them, but they can walk away from the situation and learn that humans aren't worth the pain. If need be then a ranger can track it. With a gun you can turn even a harmless situation into a mauling and/or casualty. The fact is that spray is 90% effective and no one in the findings was mauled afterwards.
>>
>>605684
That "knife beats a gun easy" trope is getting very old. But how are you gonna stab/cut a BEAR in a vital area?

>>605384
>Which is why mace is more effective.
Again no valid proof or reasoning to back it up
>>
>>605751

>no proof

except for the study posted that proved it was. You can ignore it but it won't go away. Mace drives the bear away 90% of the time. Guns make the bears angry.
>>
>>605754
>except for the study posted that proved it was
>sample size of 9
>compared to completely different data

Yeah no
>>
>>605751
easily bear look like giant scrawny rats without all the fur
the fur will not stop a knife
a long knife will reach all vital organs easily
prime targets are the neck aortas, windpipe, spinal column, if you have an opportunity liver and heart
>>
>>602954
Grasp it*
>>
File: bald-animals4.jpg (71KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
bald-animals4.jpg
71KB, 600x398px
>>605757
forgot pic
>>
File: bear-rat.jpg (42KB, 416x300px) Image search: [Google]
bear-rat.jpg
42KB, 416x300px
>>605762
an other pic
>>
File: grizzly-bear-cubs.jpg (122KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
grizzly-bear-cubs.jpg
122KB, 600x400px
>>605762
>>605763
watch out for the ones that know kung-fu tho
>>
>>602797
*Spray* Dont go near that kayak, come here...
>>
>>605250
what the fuck
>>
>acts like bears understand english
>bear back off from her
>doesn't walk over to the boat thing fuck you and watch the bear walk off
>almost has a full breakdown because an animal came near her
>>
>>605763
Fucking thing looks like a chupacabra.
>>
>>602797
>i'll just yell at this fucking bear like it understands english
>holy cow how fucking retarded am i
>it's the end of september why are you here?
>ah-bloo-bloo-bloo
>>
>>602961
doesn't even look like the spray got all the way to the bear
>>
File: 33.jpg (91KB, 680x457px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
91KB, 680x457px
Call a russian in to take care of the problem.
>>
>>605830
>because an animal came near her
Or because she didn't want to be stranded on a fucking island because a bear ate her only transportation.
>>
>>606021
bear ate her transport cause she's a woman and they struggle to function and cope, also what fuckwit wouldn't take a phone and tell people where they are
>>
the bear in the OP seemed like it was accustomed to humans and regularly fed on our disgusting garbage food. in that case i would take it with my guide gun.

if it was simply curious it would be much more cautious, in that case i would mace it if it tried to destroy my only means of transport.

either way, fuck that woman and her voice tbh fam. also, why is it that women who are interested in /out/ are the most annoying and unpredictable in any type of situation?
>>
>>604463
>>604464

should we just forbid bears from carrying guns and mace then?
I thought they had the right to bear arms as well. Guess I was wrong.
>>
>>602797
any of you guys ever been around a bear?

It's easy to shit on her from behind my keyboard, but this past summer I was sitting just outside the suburbs of Valdez, Alaska with my gun in the car on the other side of a river, and with my spray in the possession of my brother, who was on a hike.

A bear snuck up behind me, and as I nonchalantly turned to hear what was coming down and saw a god damned bear 15 feet away, I've never been more afraid in my life. Ended up picking up my chair and a rock and he skimpered off.

Don't blame her for the way she's feeling. They're scary.
>>
>>606023
>rural Alaska
>good cell coverage

Are you serious? The entire planet isn't Manhattan.
>>
>>606074
no, they have the right to bare arms, but most of them fail at the shaving part
>>
File: CROWBAR.jpg (13KB, 705x222px) Image search: [Google]
CROWBAR.jpg
13KB, 705x222px
>>606090

I smacked a black bear sow with a crowbar once. She came up to our cabin while we were having a fish fry.
>>
>>602797
I'll never understand people that think it's a good idea to go into the outdoors without a shotgun/rifle and handgun.

Especially into areas where the wildlife is dangerous and it's legal to have firearms.

Is it just a treehugger thing? "Don't kill the boo-boo-bear", or soem shit? Is that what's going on? Because if it is fuck bears and fuck them, they deserve to get mauled.

To answer your question OP, I would have loaded some slugs into my mossberg and emptied the tube into that curious little shit, that's what I would have done because I don't go /out/ without a shotgun.
>>
>>603324
>it is very difficult to penetrate

not with a gun, no.
>>
>>603748
>You have to grab your gun, cock it
>cock it

it's like we're in 1866
>>
>>606256
>Is it just a treehugger thing? "Don't kill the boo-boo-bear",
It's this and liberals not wanting you to have a gun.
>>
>>606289
i want you to have a gun i just don't want you to run around with it and shoot everything that makes your pants full of brown boo boo.

if you are a pussy then don't go outdoors, that simple.
>>
Bear pls stahp
>>
>>606311
I've had pretty good success with this technique myself.
>>
>>606311
>>606314
>look at bear
>bear runs away
it how it's works, if not you are looking at bear wrong
>>
>>606291
>i want you to have a gun i just don't want you to run around with it and shoot everything that makes your pants full of brown boo boo.
So if I ONLY shoot the bears, wolves and cougars it's ok?
>>
>>606320
no shoot yourself then you got nothing left to be afraid of
also you are fucking stupid if you are more afraid of a cougar than a moose
fuck moose i would shoot the fuckers all of them
>>
>>602797
>what would you have done in this situation /out/?
I would have gotten closer and continued bear spraying it until it left my sole means of transportation alone. If it tried to attack me despite the bear spray, I would apply 44 magnum liberally until it left me alone.
>>
>>606329
seriously guys have you looked at the video?
that bear is smaller than my dick.
>>
>>606333
>thinks a 250 pound black bear couldn't fuck his day up

OK Rambo whatever you say
>>
>>606335
nope a bear my weight would be very little concern to me
>>
>>606317
learn from the maasai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rTYCc2ZF2o
you can steal food from apex predators with body language
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZdsoL-mLY
>>
>>606391
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4s4ijrbZPY
>Crazy Moose, affected by brain-worm, is caught on camera charging and trying to attack a man near his home. The infamous brainworm disease gets into the moose's brain turning him into a zombie like creature causing animals to go crazy and attack other animals and people like a drunk or drugged out creature.

zombie moose fuck like the normal ones weren't bad enough
>>
File: mooseleg.jpg (3MB, 5152x3864px) Image search: [Google]
mooseleg.jpg
3MB, 5152x3864px
>>606402
>Vermont
FUCK
>>
>>602797
>OMG Stacy, I just saw the video from your kayaking trip!! :O
>I would have totally run away and died!
>You are so brave for standing up to that bear!
>I luv u girlfriend, ur the strongest person I know.
>>
>>602797
those youtube comments are cancer. i wish normies would all die instantly
>>
>>602797
do i thumbs down the video because she's annoying as fuck?

or do i thumbs up because the bear is a bro and justice was served?
>>
this bear is curious. like we all are, if alive. it requires sensitivity and bit of natural psychlogy, to handle body language in way, that is understandable to bear. but it works fine, usualy :). when bear turned back, from spray, she had to follow him slowly and stop next to kayak. he would not approach.
>>
>>606740
yeah i find it baffling that there are only 2-3 people out of a hundred who knows this and half of people say shit like they would have shot the bear in this situation.
>>
>>606740
>>606767
Yeah it's curious. And that's really worrying. Bears should be afraid of humans and instinctively stay away.

"Awww he's just curious and wants to be your friend!" No. He's looking for food. And since he isn't afraid of humans, you could be the meal. At best he's and accident waiting to happen. Maybe you and someone who's good with bears can "reason" with it, but he's likely to run into someone weak like this girl, or go looking for food in a human area. Why not, he's not afraid? There's no shortage of bears.

>>606291
>makes your pants full of brown boo boo
Don't try to tell me a huge bear or moose attacking you would scare you. If they are threatening me I will shoot it. Luckily it's rather rare.
>>
>>606774
>If they are threatening me
that's my problem half of the fags that go out or even 90% have no idea when the animals are actually threatening them and when they just curious or confused or want you to back off or just generally acting tough to impress

so no it's not good enough for me if you feel scared because you faggots seem to be afraid of your own shadows even no i want you to shoot the animal if it's justified if you can't do that than carry a pepper spray it's in everyone's best interest
>>
>>606774
>Don't try to tell me a huge bear or moose attacking you would scare you.
kek
>>
>>606816
I shot a duck once because it was quacking a lot and flapping its wings around my boat and I got worried.

There were a bunch trying to get at my fish and thought shooting one would teach them all a lesson. It didn't and since I didn't have enough bullets for them all I took off out of there.

I'm part of the 90%.
>>
>>606831
that actually makes you a special kind of faggot that i hope is a small minority of the human populace.
>>
>>606836
If by 'special kind' you mean mean the kind that takes a lot more bullets when he goes fishing, yes that is my kind.
>>
I'd RKO the bear, breaking his neck in the process

then i'd put him on top of the kayak with some sticks below him

float him out on the lake

and shoot a flaming arrow whilst I played my bagpipes

we must have respect for nature, even when we take some of her creatures away
>>
>>606828

Yeah I meant wouldn't of course.

>>606816
>the fags that go out or even 90% have no idea when the animals are actually threatening them and when they just curious or confused
First off only a handful of animals can be threatening.

Bears should avoid you. You might surprise or corner them, in that case it's not their fault. But if they aren't scared of you it's a huge problem. They are not scared if they are curious. They won't be scared of other humans, they'll meet them often and it will probably end in someone getting hurt. Or going through peoples rubbish.

A bear that's not scared is a broken bear. Maybe it's different in places where there's no humans. In the long run killing the bears that aren't scared is good for both humans and bears. And there's no shortage of bears.
>>
>>604477

I hope you're being ironic
>>
>>603342
>charging
do you even know what a charging bear looks like?
>>
If you have a bear encounter while /out/ do you usually report it to anyone?
>>
>>602797
44 mag red hawk. Butchered bear. Eaten flesh, saved skull for adf&g. Deleterious animal.
>>
>>603441
Or we live in Alaska and see bears like this on a weekly basis. Ive lost livestock and pets many times to bb. In this case it removed her only mode of transportation. She should have shot it. Swimming in the inside passage is a bad idea.
>>
>>606878
imho if the bear is not scared of you it's your fault.
even so if you shoot one in the air as you walk towards it it will rectify the problem 99% of the time.
in the remaining 1% you can shoot it cause the bear is retarded.
i don't think i would need a gun to make a black bear shit it's furpants tho a grizzly is a different thing altogether i would rather back the fuck off than try to impress one with my manliness.
>>
>>606359

Basketball Americans:

> will pull a gun or suckerpunch you, then steal your cell phone

Africans:

> will walk up on 15 hungry, blood-covered lions with sticks and straight up take their food with zero fucks given

I want to import a fuckton of Maasai and drop them off in South Central LA. Three days later, the original inhabitants would all either be dead, run off or making them mint juleps and picking their cotton.

> Niggers=overgrown children with a persecution complex
> Africans=fuck your shit up with no hesitation
>>
File: tumblr_mk7yydME1a1qzlt9yo3_250.gif (1MB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk7yydME1a1qzlt9yo3_250.gif
1MB, 245x180px
>>604743
>>
>>602797
I thought I was listening to my mother.
>>
>>607152
Oh man, do I pity you!

I moved out at 16 y/o and it wasn't THAT bad!

> technically turned 17 a week later, but...

I would spray your mom (not like the usual 4chan reference).
>>
>>602797
5 or 6 rnds of 9mm autta do the trick.
>>
>>602864
not annoying enough I guess
>>
File: photo19.jpg (11KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
photo19.jpg
11KB, 320x350px
>>604743
>>
>>606950
>not scared of you it's your fault.
As I said of course it's not the bears fault if it didn't notice you.

>in the remaining 1% you can shoot it cause the bear is retarded.
It's less than 1% of bear encounters that they are that aggressive, and most of the time bears run away before you meet them. That's the thing though bears that aren't scared are retarded(and dangerous).

>>607087
Being retarded and violent doesn't make them better. Of course "Maasai" would be dead at the first arrival of some veteran with an ar15, assuming they used weapons their kind invented.
>>
I keep a Glock 20 on me at any given time, Would try shooting at the ground near it to scare it off before targeting it directly. Would really hate to kill an animal I wasn't going to eat and harvesting the pelt alone would be disrespectful to the animal
>>
>>607273

Actually, African pastoralist herding societies tend to be pretty awesome. They're also in no way averse to using modern weapons.
>>
>>607273
>As I said of course it's not the bears fault if it didn't notice you.
not just that, if the bear noticed you and not scared of you you are doing the whole being human thing wrong
>>
>>606831
I shot a robin once because it wouldn't stop pecking at my window.
>>
>>603531
Yep, thats pretty much exactly what I was expecting her to look like.
>>
>>608122
Yeah, it deserved it though.
>>
>>603713
>arguing with a woman
You know nothing, john snow.
>>
>>604580
Nah i think i'll just go shoot bears.
>>
For all the shit people give Australia for being dangerous, we don't have any shit like this. I have never needed any form of defence out in the bush.
>>
>>603322
12 gauge shotgun gun with a 18.5" barrel lad.

>Mossberg 500
>Remington 870
>Winchester SXP
>Benelli SuperNova
>>
>>603624
>>603453

Fuck off back to Toronto you dumb worthless cunt.
>>
>>608462
That's because all your dangerous shit is small and venomous.
>>
>>608234
No I seriously think something was wrong with it. It was obsessed. I tried chasing it away, spraying it with the hose, putting a piece of cardboard by the window. It was mentally ill.
>>
>>602797
A poo in my pants
>>
>>608574
brainworms do that
>>
>>608574
So you shot it?

>americans
>>
>>602797
1. Not leave kayak out
2. Not gotten that fucking close
3. Not tying to reason reason with reason with an animal
4. Nor repeating 3 words over and over
5. Not getting that close and spraying bear mace
6. Having an actual gun
7. Try to spook away bear by shouting at it
8. If 7 fails fire fire round into the ground, try to spook
9. If 8 fails that bear has balls and can have whatever the hell is in the kayak
>>
>>608583
>brainworms
I think anon shooting that bird may have been a sweet release for that bird.
>>
>>609755
i like the way this guy rolls
>>
>>602797
>>602797
myfuckingsides.jpiggy
>>
>>602946
This x 1000

I couldn't finish that clip either. Her voice is too annoying.
>>
2 shots into the ground, if it still holds its ground, shoot it.
>>
>>603319
>having a fighting chance of incapacitating an attacking bear
>having no chance of incapacitating a bear
The choice is yours.
>>
>>605684
better yet, let's take 2 bears.
we give a gun to one, and a knife to the other.

2 bears enter, 1 bear leaves!
>>
>>611973
walk forward keep spraying
>i bet the patriarchy is behind this!
>>
>>604016

yeah that's a fucking joke. what is that a two inch barrel? 454 casual? six shots?

you're asking to get killed with that sort of half assed weaponry with so few shots.

>>604050

this guy gets it.
>>
>>602797
imagine a life where you have never been great at anything, never felt the urge to be great at anything, never felt that magnetic admiration to someone who was great at something, wanted to imitate and ultimately defeat him. Just nothing. Literally all you do in life is exist. Occupy space. pass the time. You're a chick.

You're bored,tweeting about your fucking hair and not even feeling any kind of happiness from it, just soothing your constant need to be bitter and cunty and petty toward other women. Every single thing you've done in the past year was mundane, shallow, and boring. You spent the last six hours reading kinda-interesting Reddit stories about people who made interesting Halloween hats for their kids or some stupid bullshit that you think is interesting and you may say is interesting but you're not really sure if it's really interesting. You're just fucking sitting there, gestating, fermenting, with a moist hole between your legs that guarantees you'll at least never have to get up and move around and work to support yourself.

And then you see men, over in some corner, having fun. You've never seen this before. What are they even doing? Instead of their consciousnesses merely sitting in their thick skull and revolving around itself, they are imbuing their conscious energy and intentionality into external objects, crafts, goals, projects. All the bitterness and cuntiness you feel nonstop seems to be absent, as they congratulate each other for being victorious, and happily learn from someone who defeated them. These creatures are truly content to be alive. They have found purpose in a purposeless universe.

And your gaze turns back on itself, on your self, and you realise you've never had that. You can never have it. You're just a stupid cunt.

So you get up, you walk over there, and you fucking ruin everything. Just ruin the whole fucking thing. The five seconds of attention you get will be worth destroying it. Because you're a woman.
>>
>>612973
This cpy pasta is ruining an already shit thread. Can't wait for this turd thread to flush.

BTW, kill the fucking bear, rape the fucking bitch and take the fucking yak.
>>
>>612809
You mean a gun made to kill large game isn't sufficient to take large game?

Are y'all Fucking retarded?

This gun is made for defense against boar cougar and bear
>>
>>613052
Agreed.

The best carry weight/power, simple, fast operation, portability, combo.
>>
>>604463
>>604464
>Not affected by Bear or Spray
>Deaths from Bear Attacks

What are these two graphs even labeling explicitly? Are the injuries sustained by human victims, or bears? Do 13% of bear spray users injure themselves with bear spray? These are horrendously labeled
>>
>>602797
what is wrong with people? why does she think that bear speaks english?
>>
>>604619
This is an issue of life and death for both the human and the bear. Finding the best way to reduce the likelihood of injury or death is not "compensating", it's rational.
>>
arent you supposed to make yourself big and scary and make loud noises at the bear so it pisses off
>>
>>613176
yes but only when it's not jumping on your back trying to bite through your spinal cord.
for example if you are just randomly stumble into each other then sure, pick up dog or small children make yourself look huge remain confident but nonthreatening and don't fucking flee it triggers all predators especially cats.
>>
File: G20Gen4.jpg (302KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
G20Gen4.jpg
302KB, 1023x682px
how much good do those revolvers do when you run out of ammo after 6 shots after missing most of those?

10mm glock is the right answer. 15 in the mag one in the pipe, two more mags in your pockets/pouches.
>>
>>613329
but 9mm is about half the price
>>
>>613329
Depends on the bear, for anything in the lower 48 states stout loads of 10mm will be fine. 10mm is about the minimum for large game defense.
>>
>>613720
10mm is not nearly enough
against large game my choice would be a stick in the 40mm range in caliber
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.