[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ I want you to talk me out of an idea that popped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: archer-drawn-back-in-tree.jpg (134KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
archer-drawn-back-in-tree.jpg
134KB, 1152x768px
Hey /out/

I want you to talk me out of an idea that popped up in my head a few days ago.
It's gonna be a long read and pretty philosophical - sorry for that.
I still think /out/ is the right board for my thoughts. You will see why.

A few years ago I started to think about our world and all the little things that I
usually did not think too much about.
Like relationships, religion, politics, our eating habits, etc.
And I started to realize how wrong most of our practices are.
We have basically no morals, no traditions worth taking up.
Man and woman do not respect each other any more because the western world encourages
everyone to be the same instead of appreciating the differences.
Our (mostly chirstian) religion is a joke and every child can tell
you that the bible is a book full of lies. We buy meat at a daily basis in the super market
and really do not appreciate the life that was lost because we want our food to taste good.

Especially the last point keeps nagging at me because I am in general a person that values life very much.
I could go vegeterian but I can also see how meat is an integral part of our society and in general
the reason why we were able to develop like we did.
I am cool with eating meat, it just annoys me how we are doing it. It is so very respectless and casual.

[cont.]
>>
[cont.]

You should at least take the life of the animal you are eating yourself to justify eating its meat
(or let someone very close do it and prepare the meat together).
That's why I wanted to get into hunting and only eat what I shoot myself.

Since I also think that guns are cheap as fuck (no skill required, just pull the trigger) I wanted to
get into bow hunting which is still kinda cheap, but less than guns. (I am also very interested in knife hunting)

The problem here in Germany is that you pay mad amounts of money to get a hunting license and I honestly
disagree with the fact that we need a license at all. It should be birthright to hunt.

Thats why I want to learn everything I need to myself (I have teaching material from a friend who is a hunter),
practice (moving) target shooting with a bow and just start hunting. So basically I would become a poacher.

Tell me what you think about this /out/. I am on the brink of doing it.
>>
All power to you OP, but your analysis of modern life is a bit childish. Do you really think gender equality is a genuine obstacle to your happiness?
>>
I think your beliefs are silly, have fun getting arrested.
>>
>>1094638
Childish? Why that?

It's not about gender equality but rather about appreciation of the other gender. I just have so many couples that I can observe in my life and there is not one that is really what I would consider happy.

I just have the feeling that men are not men anymore and women not women.

Maybe its a local thing, but lets stay on topic.

>>1094639
Can you please tell me why you think this way?
>>
>>1094634
>mad amounts of money
if 1400 € is mad amounts of money to you then you have other problems then the society.

1. Werde mal erwachsen. Keine Kohle für den Jagdschein? Geh Arbeiten, so wie jeder andere, der die Kosten für die Kurse gelöhnt hat auch.
2. Als Wilderer wirst du nur zum Feind aller ehrbaren Jäger (zurecht) und kannst, wenn du erwischt wirst, nie wieder deinen Jagdschein legal nachholen. Wildern ist resepktlos gegenüber dem Wild und anderen Jägern.
3. Bogenjagd ist verboten, weil es schwieriger ist, ein Stück Wild in den Brustkorb zu treffen als mit einer Büchse/Flinte (was durchaus schwerer ist, als du denkst). Außerdem siehe Punkt 2 erneut, was deinen Jagdschein angeht.
4. Jagd ist deutsches Brauchtum. Es geht um mehr, als das Wild zur Strecke zu bringen. Das würdest du sehen, wenn du an einem Jagdkurs teilnehmen würdest.
5. Deine moralischen Prinzipien bestimmst du selber. Wenn du nicht in der Lage bist, eine Frau mit ähnlichen Prinzipien zu finden und mit ihr eine Familie zu Gründen, um diese Prinzipien weiterzugeben, bist du selbst schuld. Gib nicht der Gesellschaft die Schuld an deinem Versagen.
6. Du kannst auch Christ sein und nicht alles 100%tig glauben, was in der Bibel steht. Es ist voll von Allegorien und kein Geschichtsbuch. Wenn dir die evg.-luth. Kirche zu liberal ist, wechsele die Konfession. Wieder gilt: selber Schuld, wenn du erwartest, dass dir alles in den Arsch geschoben wird.

tl;dr: OP is still a child, mentally at leat
>>
>>1094647
If you truly cared for the life of animals, you'd be more concerned about how it lived than wether or not you are 'justified' in eating it's meat. Buy from your local butcher instead of breaking the law over your romanticized views.
>>
>>1094647
Who says what a man is, though? Or a woman? What qualifies, what doesn't?
>>
>>1094634
As long as you don't leave a conflict with another unresolved as result from your actions I believe all should be permissible.
>>
Seems like you might enjoy the works of Thoreau, Gurdjieff, and Evola if you're not already familiar with them.

As I see it, the laws of man mean little, considering they're often made from arbitrary decisions and greed. So long as it's in season, not an endangered species, or hunting in excess I personally see no problem with "poaching". I myself am a conservationist, I want to see the environment and species preserved as much so as possible, and this includes man. When I hunt, I use everything possible from the kill, sinew for cordage/bow backing, meat/organs for food, guts for compost/fishing bait, brain for tanning, bones for bonemeal/tools. The problem with man is, we're overpopulated and have disappeared so far up our own asshole from technology that we've lost touch with our roots as a species. We're a hunter gatherer species that neither hunts nor gathers except as 'fun', which is why absurd amounts of people feel the need to mask their emptiness with chemicals and distractions -- why they can't stand the company of their own thoughts for extended periods.

I say go for it and be true to yourself, though I do ask that you do so as safely and humanely as possible.
>>
>>1094666
Why talk german on an international board? That's stupid and respectless.

1. Like I said I think it shouldn't cost anything to begin with to practice an art that is thousands of years old. And just because some guy in the past came and said: people must pay now to hunt - without any justification - is not a good enough reason for me to follow this and pay.

2. And why exactly are the others the "honorable hunters" and I am not? I will practice the same activity as them (like I said I will study what I need to know). The only difference is that you payed for hand holding at the beginning and I learned myself.

3. So what? People hunted for thousands of years by bow. I am confident that it still works.

4. I don't care about your special snowflake hunting traditions. I just want to kill my food with my own two hands. It is a personal thing for me.

5. This makes no sense. At no point did I say that I find it hard to find a right partner with similar morals. I just say that much of our ideology is based on wrong values (like money, beauty, status).

6. You can talk as much as you want. Christianity is in my eyes a forced religion that gives me nothing.
If you like to eat up what people spoon feed you than thats your thing. But don't expect others to be the same.

Also: calling people "children" for having another world view is pretty weak.

Nevertheless thanks for your lengthy response.
>>
>>1094671
Well thats why I want to hunt game. There is no better life than the one in nature.

>>1094715
I don't know the authors you mentioned, thanks for the hint.

Ah, at last someone who understands me. I agree with everything you said. I also want to use every part of the animal and hunt only once in a few weeks/months.
I could never understand why so many people crave the things they crave and do the things they do.
It's like they are not living but rather following what is expected of them.
>>
>>1094666
1400 euro is insane

OP we have game laws and hunting licenses in America because they help conserve resource. If everyone went out and just shot whatever game they wanted to, it wouldn't last very long.

Just start fishing. You'll get 90 percent of the satisfaction of hunting, have an abundant food source, and it will be a lot cheaper. Fishing if done properly is a lot like hunting - you have to know the animal well and you have to be in the right place at the right time.
>>
>>1094852
Don't get me wrong. I don't want to abuse the wildlife. I will still respect fence seasons. And I will probably shoot way less than most other hunters.

Fishing is pretty nice, I did it a lot with my dad when I was younger.
But you still need a license. It's not that expensive though.
Will consider it, thanks pal.
>>
>>1094857
No problem. I fish for large fish like carp and catfish, they are less common but more rewarding to catch when you actually do it. It's really not that hard, there are lots of videos on YouTube to help you out for whatever kind of fishing you'd like to do.
>>
>>1094859
That's some dirty fuckin fish, don't eat too much of it
>>
>>1094634

I don't know about Germany but here in the US the license/tags are a fraction of what you will be paying if they catch you poaching. I'd look into before you go all Robinhood.
>>
>>1094634
I love your though process, but a few practical notes:

Rifle hunting is NOT as easy as "just pull the trigger," with the sole exception of baiting for deer. There is so much to take in at the beginning if you're starting from scratch. So much, nuanced little things, by the time you're lined up for the shot you're 90% done. Bowhunting is essentially hardmode and the exact opposite of what you should be focusing on. Go get that gun boy
>>
>>1094647
I don't think the average couple was any happier back when "men were men and women were women". Actually, for most of human history the average man was a subsistence farmer and the average woman was... a subsistence farmer. Both would get their hands equally dirty. The woman would have a brief period of youthful beauty in her teens and maybe early 20s, then would start turning into the classic "Russian babushka". Most people had no political power. That's still true, but back then it was even more true.
>>
>>1094634

> Since I also think that guns are cheap as fuck (no skill required, just pull the trigger)

This is how I know you haven't actually thought about hunting in any practical sense and only in your fantasy of being some amazing, ethical, philosophical hunter.

And that isn't anything against bowhunting; you are right, it is fantastic. But your outlook on hunting reeks of LARPing and fantasy-land imagery.

Think of what you are saying in the first place about TAKING AN ANIMALS LIFE and then re-asses your selfish "philosophy". This isn't a game.

Again, I think archery/bowhunting is fantastic but when people use an animals life as part of their modern games of trying to live out fantasies then issues arise for me.

When an animals life is on the line it is far better to be "cheap" and ethical then it is to think you are Robin Hood and put an arrow through an animals stomach/face/whatever. Which happens far more often then many archers are willing to admit.

And just because someone is still going to say something I will repeat this: I THINK BOWHUNTING IS INCREDIBLE. But the make-believe mindset of some archers where it is essentially LARPing but with a real, amazing, wild, important life on the line is terrible to me.
>>
>>1094671
Vegan detected, but OP, don't poach. Move to Canada. We have multiple Germanies worth of Crown land where anybody can hunt legally, and you'll be able to get a really nice bow and licensed for a fraction of 1400 Euros.

Plus, we have moose.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.