[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hope the maggot that started this gets burnt at the stake. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: holyshitwtf.jpg (41KB, 986x554px) Image search: [Google]
holyshitwtf.jpg
41KB, 986x554px
Hope the maggot that started this gets burnt at the stake. I just drove through this shit tonight. I finally know how Californians and Canadians feel.

Any other Northwesterners dealing with these feels?

>http://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires/index.ssf/2017/09/i-84_closed_more_evacuations_o.html
>http://www.kgw.com/news/local/rescue-effort-underway-for-hikers-trapped-by-eagle-creek-fire/470354816
>>
Do these fires ever happen in other places with lots of trees and warm climates like Mexico?
>>
>>1094421
these things happen anyway if the conditions are right.
>>
>>1094428
What part of Mexico? The only parts I can think of are desert or rainforest
>>
>>1094431
Also, Periodic fires are essential for some ecosystems to function optimally
>>
In a scale from green to red for air hazard zone, I'm in the purple at night (weather people) the smoke is as dense as morning fog by the coast, but it is all day, and all night. Humboldt CA
>>
I live in Washington and the smog from the fires was surprising today.
>>
>>1094455
Holy fuck nigger.
Mexico has Pine and Oak forests bigger than all of California.
>>
>>1094457
Problem is when fires are controlled, all the deadwood and leaves, and grasses remain, and next season the fire will be more intense.
And instead of just being a quick fast burn that dies out on its own, it now gets hot enough to damage large trees leaving it no way to extinguish itself.
>>
>>1094495
This nigga knows what's up. Ppl keep fucking with the natural burn cycle. Now they reap what they sow.
>>
>>1094508
Exactly.
>>
Just got off the Miller Complex. Engine slug on the Creedence fire. Good times--big stands of douglas fir torching off, sounded like a jet airplane flying overhead.

>>1094428
Australia, Canada, and Russia all have lots of wildfires.

>>1094495
ehh, this is the newspaper science section version. Prescribed burns and cutting and thinning aren't new ideas, and a lot of the reason these particular fires are so big is that the Feds choose to sit on them until they get that way, not because they're just unstoppable from the start. I know crews that were being paid to sit around and play hackysack on the Chetco Bar fire back in July, expressly prohibited from engaging when it would have been relatively easy to put to bed, and look at it now.
>>
>>1094421
Its raining ash up here in Battle Ground.

Fucking Portland trash treats the Forrest like their own personal playground.
We need to kill all these fake environmentalists in Portland who wear tin pants to their fucking desk jobs.
>>
Life quenching floods in the south, all-consuming fire in the north, storms from hell on the east, NK with functional nuclear weapons, is this it?
>>
I'm in portland. my eyes

>>1094806
it's the eclipses fault mane trust me
>>
>>1094421
I'm Portuguese, I deal with this shit every year, our forests are constantly on fire, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>1094809
I literally have been inside all day. Throat and eyes aren't worth risking.
>>
File: Cod.jpg (67KB, 720x609px) Image search: [Google]
Cod.jpg
67KB, 720x609px
>>1094837
I know right?

Also, just so /out/ knows, there were this decent amount of solidarity and many people contributed with money to help the people affected by this tragedy, somehow the money is in ""standby"" and people haven't seen shit yet.
>>
>>1094845
You can thank António "Nobody even voted him in" Costa and his troupe of leeches for that. Not saying they're withholding the money, they just suck at management.
>>
>>1094809
>>1094837
I'm on the Idaho/ Oregon border and today is the first smoky day this year.

Never forget these fires are caused by the forest service incompetence and greed

Story related, from 2 years ago the largest fire in Oregon in 80 years burning 175 square miles, everything they could do wrong they did and they all still have their jobs and pensions

https://youtu.be/w7ucoL2xx4E

http://www.oregonlive.com/wildfires/index.ssf/page/canyon_creek_fire.html
>>
File: 1491229217197.jpg (65KB, 680x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1491229217197.jpg
65KB, 680x1063px
>>1094853
>everything they could do wrong they did and they all still have their jobs and pensions
That sounds a lot like Portugal.

>Almost half of the burned area of EU, despite being one of smallest southern countries
>4 times more than Spain
>almost 70 people killed, everyone from elderly, families trapped inside cars in a road that should have been closed by the police, helicopter pilot
>suspicion if the number of causalities released was the correct one
>constante emergency communication system failure, including during the day 6 dozen people died
>current prime minister was the one signing the deal more than 10 years ago
>"we have sufficient means to keep fires under control"
>"Spain send help plox"
>Spain sends help
>Galician fireman organize themselves and start travelling to Portugal to help
>No, thank you
>Country burning to the ground
>lel, time for prime minister enjoy his vacations
>Internal affairs minister cries on tv
>EU plox give monies
>"Portugal needs to rethink its forest policies"
>repeat until winter comes and starts the flooding season
pic related
>>
>>1094860
Fuck eucalyptus
>>
File: Screenshot_20170905-183156.jpg (326KB, 1440x968px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170905-183156.jpg
326KB, 1440x968px
We have a few every year. The sky gets hazy and the newspaper gets more interesting.
Going thru this one right now, though...theres ash everywhere and you can taste it in the air.
>>
>Live in a fire prone area
>Surprised when your house burns down

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
>>1094853
Hindsight is 20-20. Being an armchair firefighter is just as bad as being an armchair psychiatrist or an armchair general.
>>
>>1094860
Fuck the Portugal haters, Your country is poor as fuck but the people seem happy and not pozzed up like in the USA and lots of comfy villages with old people walking around with scythes and pitchforks
>>
>>1094912
Yeah life is comfy, and desu we're poor as fuck by the western/northern Europe/USA standards, 08 crisis hit us hard we're somewhat paying our debts without going full Greece, plus the tourism sector has seen a decent increase due to being a terror free and cheap country, which is nice. That being said we could be in such better position that it's not even funny, our industry sucks balls since there's lots of bureaucracy and little investment. Young people as soon as they get their degree they piss off to UK, Germanistan Netherlands and all that fucks us even more. If we had a little of that autistic northern personality this country could be made great again.
>>
File: IMG_2186.png (83KB, 425x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2186.png
83KB, 425x314px
>>1094488
Really?
>>
File: 1501963515292.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1501963515292.gif
2MB, 300x164px
Surprised no mention yet this was intentionally caused by douchebags with firecrackers. What should be done with humans this fucking worthless?

http://kuow.org/post/eagle-creek-fire-witness-young-hikers-giggled-firecracker-descended-gorge-canyon-0
>>
Does anyone have an estimate when the fires will burn out?
>>
>>1094686
The kid who started it is from vancouver washington, not someone from portland, little punk is 15 and was playing with firecrackers.
>>
>>1094806
Not for everyone, but for the west coast and part of the east code will be done, I'm honestly waiting for the supervolcano to start blowing.
>>
File: Oporto - Santiago de Compostela.jpg (82KB, 347x500px) Image search: [Google]
Oporto - Santiago de Compostela.jpg
82KB, 347x500px
>>1094939

Comfy outings in Portugal.
>>
I'm in Portland- not letting my cats going outside; the air is so bad.
>>
>>1095119
lol
Do you really think Vancouver is separate from Portland?
Its a suburb just like Gresham.
Vancouver=Portland

Kill all city faggots
>>
>>1094998
that map is simplified
he's talking about this stuff
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrean_pine-oak_woodlands
>>
>>1094806
Michigan is paradise as usual.
Being an almost-island has it's advantages.
>>
>>1095443
Interesting, I never knew. Doesn't seem like a reason to insult someone however
>>
>>1094421
Southern Oregon here.

I'm used to this shit desu.

We have seasons like this every other year.
>>
Fires are supposed to happen on the west coast.

People need to read up on indigenous Californian and Oregonian fire practices.

"tending the wild" needs to be taught in every class.
>>
We've got one in Sequoia National Monument started by a meth head rolling a flaming car off a cliff. It's now burned through more than half of Black Mountain Grove and starting to enter Alder Mountain Grove. Thank goodness the real giants in those groves will survive, but it's gonna destroy any young Sequoias.

Fuck meth heads.
>>
File: wdstf.jpg (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wdstf.jpg
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>1094806
We didn't start the fire
>>
>>1095591
lol
Michigan's like two peninsulas.
>>
>>1094939
Can you fucking blame them?

Who would want to stick around for €4 an hour after spending the entirety of your self aware existence in sone shitty school.

They live in a region of the world where people are intelligent and hardworking yet at the same time incredibly stupid and naive with a cancerous backwards thinking mentality.

You have governments that intentionally set out to destroy any sense of entrepreneurship in young people with taxes and bureaucracy.

There isn't even a middle class. Americans think ther middle class is shrinking. Guess what this region doesn't even have one.

Let those fires burn.
>>
>we need to let fires burn to clear out the heavy vegetation!
>hey put all these fires out! The smoke is hurting my eyes!

You can't have it both ways.
>>
>>1095761
>Can you fucking blame them?
Yes. They got an education given to them for free (taxes but still) by the country which depletes us from a considerable amount of €, money they never injected back into the economy. Then, not only that but more often than not, many while working and living abroad they still come back to fuck us even further with their continuous rely on the national healthcare system, it's way cheaper to come back to Portugal during the summer and do your checkups and if needed buy and get treatment paid in part by other people's taxes.

Personally people who leave without contributing their share at least X amount they should lose their citizenship. If this country is not good enough for you to live, it's not good enough to take advantage of it either. Plain simple.
>>
>>1095675
Link?
>>
reading these comments about Portugal make me wanna cash in my investments in the US and retire in Portugal debt free.. what does avg 2 bar room 100q ft house in a nice tourist area run?
>>
2 bedroom 1,000 sq ft house
>>
>>1095883
It's not their fault, if anything people leaving after being educated it the best thing to do. What is a chemist, engineer, etc supposed to do in Portugal? There's nowhere to work. You either in Portugal if you're one of the select few who finds work in a industry that pays or you are forced to bus tables with a MS or PhD.

The bus boy isn't repaying what it cost to earn a PhD, at least going off to work in the UK or Germany means you earn real money, and from what I've seen of Portuguese ex-pats in Europe, most of them are reinvesting that money in Portugal when possible.

Pretty much the only thing of value that Portugal has is its educated youth, and to suggest that they should also let that go to waste just because Portugal has no industry to employ them with is short sighted.
>>
I remember when Pigeon Forge caught on fire because of two teens playing with matches last year. I couldn't go outside for a week or two, and it made me sick.
>>
>>1095753
It is two Peninsulas, The Upper one is way better in every way, except there's more snow.
>>
>>1095921
I you were to seriously do that I would advice to do it soon. As has been said before in this thread Portugal has been experiencing a significant rise in tourism and becoming more "in" everyday, much due to our relaxed ways, liberalism (drugs are decriminalized, abortion, gay friendly - in Lisbon at least) despite still being a very traditional country, safety (top 5 safest countries and terror free, unlike the rest of western Europe) but also because some annoying celebrities are moving or buying houses here, Madonna, Fassbender, Bullucci and some more shit. Anyway all of that has increased the house prices by a lot, we also had a policie that attributed golden visas to foreigner investors, and the Chinese took a big advantage of that by buying tons of properties for big money. You can probably get a decent apartment for like 200K

But honestly, if you enjoy /out/ by its all and not only for beach stuff, Portugal ain't the country for you. You can't wild camp, you can't get solitude because there's roads everywhere and mountains here are small. If you want to fuck light brown women, drink and party, great food, sun and a relaxed life then yeah, by all means this is a good country for you
>>
>>1095015
Force them to join Forrest firefighters for five years
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.