[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i'm super interested in freight hopping. I'm young,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: train.jpg (26KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
train.jpg
26KB, 384x256px
So i'm super interested in freight hopping. I'm young, and trying to create a memory and a journey that will stick with me for a life time. It's always been a dream of mine to do this. I'm also trying to see some really beautiful views.I live in Ontario and I know some trains have to run through some really awesome spots.I also really want to document the journey and make a cool short film or something.

To anyone with experience in freight hopping, what are some essentials to bring and good tips and tricks for a first timer.

Also, feel free to share any stories related to freight hopping.
>>
>>1089498
>trying to create a memory and a journey that will stick with me for a life time
Getting raped by hobos is gonna do that, yes.
>>
>>1089506
I go walk down by the freights all the fucking time and rarely see hobos, and if I do they're drunk off their ass or sleeping. You're fucking retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 620x349px
Here's the memory I created when my asshole dad made me mad and I got back at him by trainhopping
>>
>>1089508
H
O
B
O

R
A
P
E
>>
>>1089498
I've never did it but I remember when my cousin did.

He had a buddy talk him into it. Basically along the lines of hey let's do this, it's exciting.

Cousin did it and said it sucked and was boring as hell. Only exciting part was hiding from the engineer when he made his cargo/security check at the stops.

Other than that he said it was extremely boring and a waste of time.
>>
>>1089553
Ideally you do it do get around for free. Not for excitement. The scenery and sense of freedom can be fun though.
>>
>>1089520
Pro Trainhopping tip: Be physically fit, not a 13 year old girl, and don't be drunk.
>>
I know a guy that train hopped a lot as a kid. His rail car got left on a rail spur in the middle of the desert for 3 days and he didn't have any water.
>>
H
O
B
O

R
A
P
E

Thread
>>
File: sam_2948.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
sam_2948.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/951468/
>>
>>1089498

>Young with no experience.

One of three things will happen to you:

>Serious injury resulting in the loss of a limb.
>Getting the shit kicked out of you by yard workers.
>Hobo rape.

Either way you'll have your lifelong memories. Go for it anon!
>>
Read Freight Hopping in America. It's a well written, entertaining book and while a bit outdated, still really cool.
>>
>>1091150
Don't listen to this anon, OP. Chances are you'll never even see a hobo, yard workers are fat and stupid, and as long as you're careful, there's little danger of serious injury.
>>
>>1091578
Says the rapey hobo...
>>
I train hopped from one end of town to another with my friend who lived near the tracks. Was way more fun than the bus.
>>
>>1089498
Brave Dave pls go.
>>
Bring a scary looking weapon like a big fuckin' chain or a machete, enough food/water to sustain yourself lest you get stranded in the middle of the woods... Be safe be smart etc.
>>
File: 1471369814635.jpg (212KB, 568x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471369814635.jpg
212KB, 568x720px
>>1089498
Well... this may help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUg0jFO7NTo

I actually envy you, that you live in country where this is possible.
>>
>>1089498
Maybe instead get a legit train job, and get paid to ride freight trains?
>>
>>1092589
Not op but, This sounds like something I'd want to do any anons know how to get into that?
>>
>>1089498
You will certainly be raped
>>
>>1089560
>The scenery
Anon they keep compartments closed for the journey, so all you're going to see is the inside of a cargo cart (and that's if you brought your flashlight, otherwise you ain't seeing nothing).
>>
>>1092584

>Enter random thread that looks vaguely like there will be some keks.
>Spend over 2 hours watching something interesting.

Welp, that's why I love /out/. I don't even go /out/ unless it's for a few hours walk, but there is always something itneresting in the threads here.
>>
File: szg.gif (2MB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
szg.gif
2MB, 400x243px
>>1089560 #
You know what else gives you a sense of freedom?

Having your own fucking car and driving it you worthless cunt.

You're not free when you're illegally riding a train. You're just waiting to get arrested, and you're limited to someone else's schedule. You go where the train goes. You aren't free, you're just too stupid to know that.
>>
>>1089560
This guy didn't seem free, he was constantly on the run from people, worrying he was going to die, miss his train, be captured or end up in the wrong country

>>1092584
>>
>>1089498
Only hop grainers with a cubby. It's rare to get one, be prepared to wait hours or days in a swampy ditch with the thought of being arrested and beat up by railroad security. Get a scanner so you know if you're spotted and where you are going. Most intermodals are 53' suicide , very rarely you'll get a 48 with a spot to hide. Always be sober, don't get caught in a crusty yard like new Orleans unless you want to be like them and enjoy hepatitis. Most trains go out of the yard and then back back in. Watch out for boxcars, that's the first place bulls will check. Also if one closes you might die. Sometimes you'll be on a train for 48 hours without ample time to get water so plan accordingly. If you know someone try to get the crew change. Sometimes the units that are behind the front are empty and unlocked but be careful because they will not be happy if they catch you there. Don't be an idiot and peek your head out all the time, foamers get very hard when they have an opportunity to call in the yard to report a trespassing person. Remember it's very illegal , but Canada is better on laws
>>
>>1092767
Start as a yardworker
Kiss ass
Profit?
>>
http://kravology.com/terrorists-target-us-railway-systems/

Now is a SUUUUPPER great time to be fucking around with trains.

Do it.
Please.
>>
>>1092767
>>1093001
I know my company is hiring like crazy as are most class 1 and 2 railroads in US
https://up.jobs/search-jobs.html?category=Transportation+%2F+Operations&state=
>>
>>1089498
Do it op, try to catch out with someone who has done it. But unfortunately security has become tighter around bigger cities due to weird shit going on. Watch out for the rail witches, ; )
>>
>>1093327
Met a logistics guy working for Florida east coast and this was a big fear, supply sabotage.
>>
>>1089498
as a taxpayer i am so excited to foot the bill for your degeneracy! have fun!
>>
>>1094210
>weird shit going o
?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.