[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was any of you guys ever chased by dogs while /out/? I had my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: dogo.jpg (157KB, 1024x818px) Image search: [Google]
dogo.jpg
157KB, 1024x818px
Was any of you guys ever chased by dogs while /out/?

I had my first experience this week

>go on 20km day hike
>see herd of goats
>assume there's a shepherd and a dog around
>see dog a couple dozen meters away
>stop to eat, they may leave in the meanwhile
>leave trail and trek my way back to it like 50m ahead
>dog notices me
>starts chasing me
>there's two more dogs
>I'm not waiting so I ran as fast as I could for like 30 meters
>they stop
>I climb a boulder to rest and to be sure they're not after me anymore
All in all it was kinda funny, also I'm not sure they were going to really attack me but due to their size I decided to not risk it.

Pic related, 3 of these massive beauties.
>>
You shouldn't run away, you can't outrun them anyway and may trigger their hunting instincts.

But the chance that those would have actually harmed you was very low.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=58XbAtthlOU
What would you do
>>
>>1088550
If it's a shepard, then it's probably just trying to scare you back to the rest of the herd.
>>
>>1088552
Yes, running away is still encouraging them to chase you, though. Mine likes to charge at cats to chase them. If they stand their ground instead of running he backs off.
>>
>>1088556
For sure, I wouldn't run from a dog because if it's large enough to be a real threat then it would catch me anyways if it wanted to. Either slowly leave to show you're not a threat or stand your ground.
>>
>>1088550
I get that but they were already running and barking towards me, probably just to scare me but if they had bitten me I would be in for a nasty ride.

What was I supposed to do, start screaming or laying still?
>>
>>1088565
Move away calmly.
>>
>>1088530
1. carry a gun

2. use it if necessary
>>
>>1088565

Pick up a heavy clublike object and bash them in the head.

BTW, I was out walking my dog and a loose dog attacked him and latched onto the side of his head. I just started wailing on that dog punching it about its head like I was Mike Tyson. Eventually the dog released my dog and ran away. I fucked my knuckles up on its bony head though and my dog had to get multiple stitches. I don't know why I didn't kick it instead, I think I was just panicked.
>>
Offleash dogs are considered vermin. Shoot on sight
>>
>>1088743
This. I carry an old ski pole when I hike, the sound of it cutting through the air before it hits their head scares the fuck out of dogs. Plus you can use it to flip sneks off the trail. I'd prefer to shoot them but I live in Commiefornia where I'd be given life in prison while they give child molesters parole after 2 years.
>>
>>1088758
By them I meant dogs not sneks.
>>
They're working dogs; they're not trying to hunt you... more likely they may think you're a lost sheep or a threat to the sheep.
>>
>>1088758

Any good walking stick will do, I have a willow staff that's light and sturdy and works just as well for unruly dogs as people. Don't run from dogs, you can't out run them, use any terrain to cover your backside, they like to nip from behind while the front dog distracts you. Their legs break fairly easily if it comes to that, and always carry a knife incase they're particularly vicious and lethal like killer attack chihuahuas that need to be put down.
>>
>>1088743
Who let you off your leash? At least the dogs have a job you worthless parasite.
>>
File: 8.jpg (78KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
78KB, 480x640px
picture releated are the assholes of switzerland
>>
File: P70809-162240.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
P70809-162240.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>1088530
Funny I was thinking about asking the same questions after me and my gf encountered a big off-leach barking dog.

>following the trail
>abandoned house ahead of us
>we see a dog, he sees us, starts barking
>the trail passes near the house
>fuck this
>say to gf to stay calm
>calmly pick a big stick from the ground
>walk determined on the trail
>gf always behind me from the dog
>the dog moved a few steps toward us but that's it
>we hear him barking for the next 10mins

they only do their job, I just hopped that he didn't consider the trail as "his" territory

>pic related a lake we found the same day and had a nice swim
>>
I went to college in a small town in southern Missouri near the Ozarks. There were a lot of dirt roads that went into the woods, I used to ride my bike around and explore them. One of these roads led to an abandoned trailer park. One night I was exploring it when like 3 or 4 of these dirty old dogs came out of one of the trailers and started chasing me. I rode like hell for what seemed like 5 minutes and they finally stopped chasing me. Pretty Terrifying.
>>
>>1088556
>have akitas
>they chase cats
>and chickens and pitbulls and everything besides humans
>kills them all without remorse and goes about their day like nothing happened
In retrospect I wonder what the fuck my parents were thinking letting me run around with them while I was < 5 years old.
>>
>>1089441
>Kill pitbulls
Doubt.png
>>
i attempted* an overnight trip in the central cascades in june and found myself at the end of a snowdrift with a husky leashed up to a tree, few packs stashed next to 'em. figured the owners were around so we waited like 10 minutes since this dog just kept low growling at us. we see these two guys making their way up the side of the slope we're on, maybe 1-200 feet down. finally, the owner comes by, mumbling something, we make our way past the dog but the damn thing went for my friend's leg as soon as he made his way past the dog. that's my most exciting encounter.
>>
>>1089451
*we ended up turning back around cuz the snow cover just kept getting worse and we weren't equipped for it.
>>
>>1088551
fucking euros are such faggots. just ride on you gay loser quit with the complaining.
>>
>>1088773
Have you fended off vicious dogs before then?
>>
>>1089444
>pitbulls
>the dindunuffins of the dog world
and nothing of value was lost.
>>
>dog barks
>don't run
>it closes in
>walk away slowly
>dog stops barking
>look away for a split second
>dog charges and lunges at my leg
>manage to pull my leg out at the last moment and only get my pants and the very tip of the calf bitten off, mostly just skin
>try to kick it's head in with my plated boot
>don't land a good hit but don't whiff either
>it runs away

This wasn't even /out/ this happened two blocks from my lodging when I was in uni. Fucking eastern bloc "capitals" I swear to god. Ferals are a real problem here.
>>
>>1089465

I was attacked by a pair of Dobermans when I was ten years old just walking a public trail in the park on my way to do some fishing. Fuckers tore me up pretty good, If it had't of been for an old guy fishing that had his knife with him I'd have been fucked. The only thing I had to fight them off was my fishing pole, and when I'd strike at one the other would lunge from behind. They almost had me down when the old guy showed up.

I still like dogs, but I don't go walking without a knife anymore. Still have to be leery around killer attach chihuahuas though, you can't trust those little shits, they'll rip your ankles off.
>>
>>1088530
>out for hike near foothills
>pass scary compound
>5 or 6 dogs behind fence, thank god
>dogs come through fence, surround me
>oh fuck
>pull snubby .357, fire round over alphas head
>dogs run away, continue hiking
>>
>>1088530
Yea all the time, I just hit them with what Im carrying. Once it was some pvc, another it was just a reggo stick.
>>
I shoot them in their heads if not on a leash
>>
>>1090708
>co / Shot my dog, you'd be next.
>>
>>1090733
Kill yourself you degenerate dogfucker
>>
>>1089466
He didn't say he cared about the pitbulls, he said he doubted an Akita would be a match for a pitbull. I do as well, it depends what breed specifically he's talking about but Akitas aren't a match for a healthy Staffordshire or American pit.
>>
>>1090753
Good to see that /out/ is still getting a decent amount of traffic from other boards. We're always open to making new friends!
>>
File: received_10211446092090136.jpg (286KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
received_10211446092090136.jpg
286KB, 2048x1536px
I live in the deep south so lots of feral dogs abound. I've only been attacked a few times, it's always by the tiny ones. I love dogs so I mean I wouldn't ever (not ever but you know) shoot one to death over me being near its home, but I've never been scared on one. What's he gonna do? Latch on to my leg? My arm? I'd be on that motherfucker like flies on shit. And I wouldn't stop.

I give you an example. I'm walking down a road one day and a mixed breed medium size dog (about 80 pounds) runs up to me to bite an intruder. You never break eye contact. Bitches break eye contact. You don't turn your back, and you tell him to go fuck himself. Mean it. A dog doesn't speak English, but he knows enough body language to know your not an easy target and you aren't trying to take his food. 99/100 theyll posture some but they aren't gonna be stupid.
>>
>>1088530
If its one or two stand your ground and then make some changes to your route as to avoid serious confrontation, just dont take your eyes off them until they stop have an interest in you and are in a safe distance
Remember, barking means shit, snarling is serious business
If they are like a pack (strays/ferals) and come at you spot the largest guy, yell like a madman and charge their ass
They are pussies and will scramble immediately
>>
>>1088758
>>1088773
>>1088970
>>1089465
>>1090349
>>1090535
>>1092056

>for some reason i'm in china
>coming back home from work at night
>on my super heavy chinese bike
>drunk
>taking usual shortcut through huge construction site
>clumsily riding one handed with tripod mounted camera in hand because the landscape is just too unreal, and i stop here and there to take pictures
>out of nowhere, a huge half feral barking dog on top of some pile of dirt on my left
>heartattack.webm
>two more on my right
>they come closer, jurassic park's raptor style
>somehow, i hop on my bike and try to fend them off with my flimsy tripod like i'm playing polo
>can't get away because one handed and bike is heavy as fuck
>ride in circles while they go at my legs
>adrenaline kicks in
>kick one in the jaw
>finally manage to get some speed
>evading maneuver

as they were still chasing me, i had to make several u turns to charge the fuckers and drive them away until i woke up some people in a shack nearby and left the place as fast as i could
good times desu
>>
File: afraid-man.jpg (24KB, 499x277px) Image search: [Google]
afraid-man.jpg
24KB, 499x277px
>>1090535
>hiking with gun
pic related is (you)
>>
>>1092017
You carry knuckle dusters and want us to trust your practicality? Laughable at best 8/8 m8
>>
File: 1500168988151.png (357KB, 397x402px) Image search: [Google]
1500168988151.png
357KB, 397x402px
>>1092500
>hiking without a gun

spotted the cuckold Europoor
>>
File: newf puppers.jpg (112KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
newf puppers.jpg
112KB, 1280x853px
>>1088530
That's an Estrela Mountain doggo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrela_Mountain_Dog

They are bros
>>
File: 1465406765607.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465406765607.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>1092544
>They are bros
All dogs are, until they aren't. They're big dogos tho.
>>
>>1092408
I've watched ADV China's videos (they ride around on 250 enduros) lots of mean looking dogs in low rent districts
>>
>>1092500
That's how I look when I don't have a weapon.
>>
File: wild_dogs-web.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wild_dogs-web.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
One of my most depraved fantasies is getting ravaged over and over by a pack of wild dogs.

I-I'll show myself out.
>>
>>1092017
This. Dogs know if you mean business, if you are thinking "I'll fucking kill you if you try some shit" they'll feel that and back down. Simple nonverbal communication.
>>
>>1091236
American akita will kill anything
The males get to 120
They are like the pit bulls of the sptiz breeds
I own a 90lb pit
There aren't magical
Many are relentless when fighting, so are akitas
Pits can be very dog aggressive
So can akitas
The real difference is pit are some of the most owner focused dogs while akitas arent
>>
>Were any of you guys ever chased by dogs while /out/?

Yes. Pit mix. Just relocated from SNJ to the NC/SC border, always fancied myself to be good with dogs (I also had 3 dogs at the time). That thing was either abused, rabid or both. Good thing I'd just pulled up to the trail and was still in my car when the fucker knocked up against my drivers side window. Called animal control, dude told me when he arrived that feral dogs are a big problem down here. Advised me to hike armed or if it's a state park bring one of my bigger dogs. Now every time I go hiking I bring my shepherd and my 9mm.
>>
>>1088551
Get off the bike and pet them all
>>
>bike touring in the middle of nowhere
>come over mountain pass & stop to eat a bit
>river about 1km away
>few minutes later a huge wet dog sluicing water shrugs its way through a tight fence (how the fuck)
>runs straight up to my front pannier and starts going absolutely nuts
>im terrible with dogs and a bit frightened
>front pannier has star anise, tumeric, lil bit of weed, this dog is so fucking excited
>what are these smells bro!! holy shit!!! im a fucken dog!!!!
>let it have its fun, and then look at it and say 'None of that lad!' in a big voice
>its just like aight then and immediately chills out and runs back through the fence and off into the distance
farm dogs are boss
>>
>>1088530
This is why I always carry my cutlass sheathed at my side when I am camping. I haven't had to use it on anything other than bush, but I'll be ready if I am in a situation like OP.
>>
File: geeps.png (10KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps.png
10KB, 261x195px
>>1092803
>>
>>1092777
And this is how you handle a dog. Don't kill it, just let it get it's smell then send it off. Unless it's biting you. Then smack it's nose.
>>
>>1088530
was 12.
got chased by a small pack of wild dogs at the town's edge where the railway, a small neglected hobo ridden woods and fishing lakes are.
was legit running for my life.
>>
>>1092538
>Im afraid of nothing

Wow
>>
>>1092845
this happened to me when I was 5. there was a pack of feral dogs in my neighbourhood one winter (Vietnamese farmers next door had all kinds of strays that they'd never neuter or control, and shit just got way out of hand). was playing in the snow and probably about 8 of them chased me through my yard and legit completely surrounded me. I thought I was gonna get ripped apart like a doll but mum saved me.

the cops were finally called and animal control collected all the dogs over the course of several weeks. poor things though.
>>
>>1088530
>be me
>north thailand
>arriving late in a village
>dogs, dogs everywhere
>BARK.jpg
>throw stones to scatter them, walk in like I own the place
>dogs don't buy it, circle me
>camly walk to a tree
>tonight this tree is mine
fuck dogs innawoods

>hiking in alpine areas
>herd of goats
>sheep dogs front up to me, driving me off
>ok large dogs, Iget the message
>they follow me for ages making sure I don't double back to their herd
>one hour lost to detour
>>
I always shoot any dogs I find in the bush without their owner, my state pays $50 a scalp I'd be fucking crazy not to.
>>
>>1092614
kek
i just love it here
>>
>>1088733
ATF plz go
>>
>>1092501
Not him but
Knuckle dusters are no joke at least on humans never fsught an animal with em
>>
Once shot a pack of coyotes while hiking with a .45-70 was messy got the RCMP called on me to because it's a loud fucker when I showed em the heads or missing limbs they backed off
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.