[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inspired by the tinyhouse community I want a mobile home that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
Inspired by the tinyhouse community I want a mobile home that's easy to relocate and live closer to nature and cheaper than an appartment so I can also save money for travelling and seeing things of the world.

I was thinking of buying a Tentipi tent with heater and living in it. Maybe get a small trailer for my car where I can put in a generator and cooler unit and some solar panels on the roof of it or something like that.

The tent company also makes a stove for heating the tent and that will be necessary because winters here can be quite cold. I live in Scandinavia 10km under the polar circle.

Have any of you had ideas or dreams like this? Considerations for me to think about?

Pic related; It's the tent I'm talking about.
>>
I'd skip all of that and start scouring CL and other online places for a great deal on an Airstream.. if you buy it right, you can use it for however long you want it and then sell it fro profit... we used a 34Ft AS for 2 years at our mts property then sold it for $10k profit. it will also be WAY more comfy than a tent
>>
>>1088425
The Idea of a trailer RV or Caravan doesnt appeal to me. That's why I thought of this. The Indigenous people of this region; The Sami have lived year round in tents like this and are/where not any less of it.

Camping and roughing it out appeals to a primal side of me and makes my head clear. Why shouldn't I want to experience that everyday?
>>
Do it then. Nothing is stopping you except laziness and being a giant faggot
>>
Go for it Bear G Jr....

Shit while you're at it make sure to only wipe your ass with leaves and cook over an open fire..
>>
>>1088425
>Just go find $10,000 bills laying around
>>
File: jpg.jpg (70KB, 566x378px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
70KB, 566x378px
Any Tinyhouse dwellers here? Or people living in yurts or stuff like that?
>>
File: 20131207_153728.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20131207_153728.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>1088423

I've lived in my westfalia and truck for years, but a tiny portable home , no.

What I learned from winters where sub zero temps in the day were normal, is that if your clothing is adequate, your shelter doesn't need to be that insulated. That's probably old news and obvious to anybody living in the icy north.

If you have your tentipi, it would be nothing to stack snowblocks around it and make it into an igloo, snow is good insulation material and the best part is you don't need to bring it, it's already there.

Make yourself some foam snow boots, mittens, hat, and sleeping pads like this guy has and you'll be toasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHql2nWh8jg
>>
>>1088426
>The Indigenous people of this region; The Sami have lived year round in tents like this and are/where not any less of it.

So copy the Sami, and don't try to work around that. They are alive after thousands of years.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.