[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommendations for a cheap, quality, backpacking tent? Going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: head-tent-white-elephant-gift-1.jpg (149KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
head-tent-white-elephant-gift-1.jpg
149KB, 800x600px
Recommendations for a cheap, quality, backpacking tent? Going on a backpacking trip and the prices of tents from REI is absurd. But I understand the quality and stow ability is key.

Pic related
>>
Walmart
>>
>>1088421
>cheap, quality
milsurp, your only chance.
forget about weight or storage ability.
Also, you are fucking retard, without telling where you go and what you plan doing there is no way to recommend you a certain type of tent or alternative solutions.
>>
>>1088421
go to sierratradingpost.com, find one that's
>free standing
>2 doors
>less than 6 lbs
>>
>>1088421
not sure what area you are in but where i live we are like 10 days aways from tent... sale... season...

i just realized a tent sale is a large sale of tents for sale under a large tent
>>
>>1088421
The prices are good. Go find a poorfag hobby
>>
If it's just for one trip, go rent a tent.
>>
>>1088522
Is there such a thing as a poorfag hobby?

Different anon here... Don't get me wrong, I like hobbies and such activities, but in reality a hobby is patrician in origin.
>>
>>1088777
Folk art/crafting, music, dance, storytelling (yes, there's actually an art to storytelling), folk sports/games (think like axe throwing, tests of skill that would developed around a vocation or simple games like corn hole).

Working people have always found ways to enjoy what little free time they have.
>>
>>1088421
Kelty Circuit 1 single person tent: 79.99
Comes w/ poles, tent, rain cover, stakes and cord, as well as stuff sacks for all.
>>
>>1088777

Fishing, if you don't meme out like the retards in the fishing general
>>
>>1088777
disc golf
>>
>>1090882
Folf
>>
>>1091101
>Folf

Is this a new meme?
>>
>>1091346
I've heard it called "frolf" many times before.
>>
>>1088421
Go on Amazon and get a hammock that doubles as a bivy. It will run you like $30
>>
>>1088421
if you go backpacking with a cheap tent and it rains, don't expect to stay dry.

Spend $100 (really good price) on a Kelty and be happy for years.
>>
>>1088777
Hiking is just walking around
>>
>>1088495
>6 pounds
seriously
>>
>>1088777
Masturbation. I jack off for FREE.
>>
File: Coleman_Rigel_X2.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Coleman_Rigel_X2.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>1091569
Pretty standard weight for a 2-person camping tent, desu. Not for backpacking, obviously.

In my experience, if you want cheap and light you need to go for single-layer tents with very limited features.
A good example is the Coleman Rigel X2. Dunno if it's still manufactured or if you can find it in the US. There are probably more up to date options out there.
>$80-100
>2 lbs.
>1.5 persons
>very limited ventilation
>not free standing
>>
>>1088421
>Cheap
>Light
>Strong
Pick two. Only two
>>
>>1091365

Trying to find one. These descriptions are Chinese as hell:
>REFUSED TO BE A MOSQUITO DINNER
>SLEEP LIKE IN THE MOTHER'S ARMS
> You Deserve A More Safer And Comfortable Trip
>Simple suspension system means instant easy
>Remark:The straps is really easy to make a loop and we have try much times ,if you don't know,please see the pictures,there are straps instructions
>>
>>1088777
Having sex with my GF and other bitches i find at the bar.

It's free - $40 worth of drinks.

poorfag approved. I can attest to that. Been saving up for six months for gear tho. so probably will leave that hobby behind for a bit. ;^)
>>
I have an old 1 man tent from my time in the army. It's pretty damn nice. The wind shield works amazing, the parts are light, the tent part itself is great even without the windshield, and it rolls up into a very nice package. (Plus side, it's the perfect size for a close couple)
>>
Zpacks solplex. Stow ability is great, shove it in your pants pocket if you want
>>
>>1091568
Wrong.
>spend 400 dollars on entry level equipment that won't last a year of moderate usage
>spend dozens on special foods which taste like dried garbage
>spend a shit ton of dollars on gas to get to the fucking park or wherever you're going
>THEN learn that it costs 12 fucking dollars a night to park your shitty car and camp
>the fucking spetsnaz can follow you around and demand you show them your fucking ID, permit, or check your shit for alcohol/tobacco whenever they want
>can't fucking fish or build traps even on private land
Fuck this outdoor survival/bushcraft backpacking fucking shit I should have just stayed in my air conditioned room and pirated video games until my arteries clog up. This hobby is for rich people.
>>
>>1092971
Park your shitty car elsewhere and take taxi near the place and walk the rest? Save 12 moneyz a night.
>>
File: filson1000$.jpg (2KB, 127x100px) Image search: [Google]
filson1000$.jpg
2KB, 127x100px
Get the Texsport $30 tent off amazon. It's a simple trusted design, light and can be packed down. It's easily fixed and can be used without the poles/stakes if you are resourceful and/or in the correct environment. Most of the complaints about this tent are by people who aren't adept at setting up camp/knots tying and rely on more expensive tents instead of learning.
>>
>>1088777
Camping is free as shit if you just hike out somewhere and sleep. Grab a tarp and pitch it up. Cheap cheap cheap. Add a few food items and some water bottles and bam. Experience.
>>
>>1092971
Should've lurked more, you dumb bastard. This could all have been prevented.
>>
>>1088421
Walmart $30 dome tent. You can even pick up the 5'x6' youth tent and sleep diagonally.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.