[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to camp >know nothing of mountaineering >hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 12

>want to camp
>know nothing of mountaineering
>hate people
>all the countryside and back of beyond areas are full of mines left from the war
>locals are rednecks who watch you suspiciously when you tell them you're hiking because their subhuman intelligence cannot ponder why someone would want to go out and do anything besides watching sports in a local bar while drinking literal piss lager beer

such is /out/ life in post yugoslavia
>>
>>1088320
But hasn't the wildlife tripped all the mines by now?

Also, wouldn't that be a nice easy way to get free venison?
>>
File: P70818-113348.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
P70818-113348.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Yeah lots of people use their cars and taxis. No interest for walking/swimming.

I went camping/hiking last week to Uvac with my gf for 4days. Everyone that came to the camp stayed at the camp the whole time or went visit monasteries by car. We were the only one to pack our bag and go outside on foot. We crossed the lake swimming with our stuff on a floating mattress. Met a true sheepherder and had a long discussion with him etc...
People prefer to pay to feel like at home.
>>
File: tumblr_nvjy11C7TH1sjh145o1_500.jpg (138KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvjy11C7TH1sjh145o1_500.jpg
138KB, 500x750px
>>1088332
No way. It would require herds upon herds stomping every inch for a decade to clear everything. It's a wild presumption (pun intended).

But there is more to it. Serbs who return remove minefield signs, as well as Gypsies rummaging for scrap metal. You cannot go out in the fields and just walk around because you don't know where the shit is, and even if it's considered cleared, you're not 100% certain because of these Balkan cronies doing half-assed work. Not to mention that 20+ years have passed since the end of the war, and there still areas off limits.
>>
>>1088347
>minefields
That is colossally awful. I can't imagine not being able to wander freely when I'm out and about.

I honestly don't know much about the Balkans. I know there's some mountains and that parts are supposedly very pretty. What sort of neat /out/ places do you have?
>>
>>1088320
Hey Slavbro, I am planning on Kayaking down the Danube next year. Any tips and things to consider? How is the mine sitch along the shores ? what about bears?
>>
File: P70624-101335.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
P70624-101335.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>1088482
no bears and no mines along the Danube. It's better when Danube is low than high. There's lots of big ass boat traffic so you have to be careful. Also lots of pollution but you can swim in it as long as you don't drink it too much.
Lot's of holiday homes too so you'll have company everywhere.
A permit is needed for fishing but the rangers don't even have money for gas to patrol so no one cares. And even if they catch you, you can just buy the one day permit and they'll fuck off.
Mosquitoes are fucking annoying too from June till September but with a good campfire they'll fuck off too.
>pic related one of my catch
>>
>>1088438
Krka, Plitvice lakes, Paklenica, Kornati archipelago are some especially beautiful must-go places near my city that I've visited. From the obscure places, I especially like the ruins, towers/strongholds in the hinterlands, from Venetian-Ottoman wars, mostly overgrown and tucked on cliffs and hardly accessible places. Some Roman ruins but not much.

Tourism is ruining a lot of these places, so you need to pick good time and way to visit them, to avoid crowds and suicidal Czechs.

>>1088482
I'm in Dalmatia, never been to Dunav. I reckon they cleared most of the mines, if there was any since there wasn't any prospect of us invading Serbia. Definitely visit Kopački rit, it's on my to-go list.
>>
File: 1414965509947.jpg (40KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
1414965509947.jpg
40KB, 511x511px
>>1088320
>want to camp
>it's forbidden in pretty much every country in europe (I mean wild camping or simply bivouac)
Also classic camping on designated area is sometimes not developed at all
>>
File: WP_20170819_15_28_15_Pro.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170819_15_28_15_Pro.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>>1088482
Hey, I went kayaking with my father last Saturday, but it was my first time so I barely distanced myself from the riverbank. I can post some pictures, tho, if that'd be of any help.
>>
>>1088320
>>locals are rednecks who watch you suspiciously when you tell them you're hiking because their subhuman intelligence cannot ponder why someone would want to go out and do anything besides watching sports in a local bar while drinking literal piss lager beer

Same here only they go out to shoot things and leave fields of broken bottle glass.
>>
>>1088516
I feel you, strongly. They can't forbid you from sleeping there though.
>>
>>1088320
>>locals are rednecks who watch you suspiciously when you tell them you're hiking because their subhuman intelligence cannot ponder why someone would want to go out and do anything besides watching sports in a local bar while drinking literal piss lager beer
Man, it's hard to believe people don't welcome you with open arms, with you being such a sweetie and all.
>>
>>1088798
t. redneck subhuman
>>
>>1088527
>have a friend that enjoy's going /out/
>likes marveling at the splendor of vast virgin landscapes
>also like smashing bottles on rocks

I don't fucking get it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (453KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
453KB, 1600x900px
Meh, it's the same in Bulgaria except the mines. It's just full of people because there are car roads and lifts almost everywhere.
>>
>>1088516
You can wild camp in pretty much any country in europe if you aren't conspicuous and you don't fuck up the environment.
If caught, park rangers won't care if you're not making a mess. Also lot of private land for herding you can ask the herders or the owners.
>>
File: DSC00766.jpg (3MB, 4000x2667px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00766.jpg
3MB, 4000x2667px
>>1088516
>tfw in Euro country that allows camping
>tfw Jedermannsrecht
>tfw just returned from 3 days in the mountains
>insert smug_swiss_ pepe.jpg here
>>
>>1088517
Sure, that image looks so comfy to me.
>>
File: Fotolia_112491597_L-Kopie.jpg (684KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Fotolia_112491597_L-Kopie.jpg
684KB, 1920x1280px
>>1088991
Wait, you got the Rhodopes and Prin mountains? Like one of the biggest wilderness areas in temperate Europe?
I was planning going hiking there one day. Please tell me you got some experience with the area?
>>
File: WP_20170819_15_26_59_Pro.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170819_15_26_59_Pro.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>1089008
The pics were taken fewer than 20 kms south of Vidin.
>>
File: WP_20170819_15_29_01_Pro.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170819_15_29_01_Pro.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>>
>>1089518
Have you been fishing? Looks like catfish's promised land.
>>
>>1089521
Relatives annually fish there, carp mainly, but I'm not big on fishing. On the last picture I posted what you see on the other side of the river is not the Romania's riverbank, but a small island, which is Bulgarian territory, so many people go camping and fishing there. I've been once on the island, pretty spectacular place if you are into fishing.
>>
>>1088320
They wonder why you want to experiene the essence of their life, boiled down, when you have luxury, and thing of you as an idiot for wanting less than you have when they would gladly have more.
Tell me who is the bigger fool?
It's you. Whinging faggot.
>>
>>1089011
I've been all around. The infrastructure is alright, especially on the more popular areas. Something specific you want to know?
>>
>>1088332
You'd have to get there real fast in that case, the meat would probably go bad before you find your free deer killed by a random mine somewhere
>>
>>1088320
Idk about other ex-yu countries, but i was in Slovenia not so long ago and it seemed very /out/-friendly.
>>
>>1090203
Slovenia isn't ex-yu, they're some piece of land that separated from the German control without anyone caring.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.