[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

yo /out/ Recently started a job in an knife store in Uppsala,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 39097505.jpg (91KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
39097505.jpg
91KB, 1000x1000px
yo /out/

Recently started a job in an knife store in Uppsala, Sweden. I have been instructed to focus on pushing Mora products. 32 years old, so I don't have a lot of experience in this field. Do you guys have anything to help me survive the sales life? I get points towards bonuses for every knife I move...

Also, if you have any fun/exciting/stupid stories from camping trips, all stories are welcome.

Pic related - one product we sell
>>
use knife to split wood, Red handle will not break under any type of hammer irc
>>
>>1087947
Is this some stupid meme like the RV seller and others? It is not funny.

Always Be Closing and go away.
>>
>>1087947
>32 years old
>selling knives for a living
>>
>>1087999
>le every 20+ year old is orbiting satellites in NASA for a living meme
>>
>>1087999
why you even browse this board, kid!
>>
>>1087999
>16 years old
>shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>1088025
Isn't it obvious?

His mom told him to go outside
>>
This pasta again?

Now where is that report button...
>>
>>1088015
>>1088024
>>1088025
>>1088059
>replying to bait in a meme thread
Summerfags please go
>>
To be specific, The kind of people who go to a knife shop are the same kind that go to a umbrella store.

It all fulfills the same core purpose, but people like to have neat junk. Learn about edge's and what they might be for.
>>
>>1087947
Do you ship in europe? I'll buy from you.
>>
>>1092317
we ship knifes only to england atm.
>>
Look out for Refuges, Angry white people, and children.
>>
say a lot of shit about knives being tactical
mallninjas eat that up
>>
File: Karesuando birch.jpg (41KB, 367x550px) Image search: [Google]
Karesuando birch.jpg
41KB, 367x550px
>>1087947
I've got this Karesuando babby, a souvenir from the Nordkapp.
How are these compared in quality?
>>
>>1087947
well you would want to learn a bit about knives to start with so you don't look like an idiot

learn which kinds of steel of steel generally command a higher price, which will rust and which won't.
learn "knife anatomy", so you know the right names for the bits of a knife

first work out whether your commission is based on total sales, or profit.
If your commission is in total sales, sell expensive knives that your company might not make so much off.
if it's based on profit sell what you mark up the most.
often companies pay you for total sales, then encourage you to sell marked up products (which is against your better interests as a commissioned salesman)

I would offer everyone who buys a knife past a certain value a free sharpen (give them a voucher), it really costs you nothing because you sit around half the time with nothing to do in the store, and it's important because it gets serious customers to return to your store.

when you sell them try to separate people who want a decorative blade and which want a knife for serious use (whether they will use it or not)
you want to up-sell, or encourage collectors.

if someone wants a tactical bowie knife, try to sell them a more expensive piece based on quality; for instance tell them a more expensive knife is made of better steel.

it someone wants a karambit or some other cheap trash knife they probably don't have the cash to buy something more expensive, so don't tell them what they are buying is a piece of shit.
Tell them it's the type of knife that the sas/martial artists/hunters use, because they are probably buying it to cosplay.

never tell anyone anything is a "wall piece", because it makes it seem less valuable.
if anything say you have to use it in a special way, hopefully they won't try to cut down a tree with their cheap katana and come back crying

this is a good resource for metals
http://zknives.com/knives/steels/steelgraph.php?nm=c100&hrn=1&gm=0

t. knife enthusiast and sales fag
>>
>>1093354
yeah I know
>>
>>1093445
is that sarcasm my man haha
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.