[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no bushcrafting >tfw firebans >tfw no collecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: 20150804__24CDWBCAMw~1_500.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
20150804__24CDWBCAMw~1_500.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
>tfw no bushcrafting
>tfw firebans
>tfw no collecting firewood
>tfw stop-and-go traffic to get away from Denver any time during the week or coming back on i-70 or 285

Everyone told me Colorado was a great /out/ state. I fee lied to.
>>
>>1087695

But hey, you get to smoke that weed, amiright?

#justblaze
>>
>>1087695
You shouldn't have moved to Denver. All of the smaller cities have the same conveniences with better /out/ life.
>>
>>1087695
>moving to Denver """"Colorado""""
>not living for dirt-cheap in Cortez, Dolores, Mancos, or any other little town near the four corners where you can easily fuck off to all the best parts of UT, CO, NM, or AZ

lmaoing at ur lyfe OP
>>
Montana is the last refuge of the white man
>>
Just curious what states have no fire bans? Can we disappear into the alaskan wilderness and not get harassed by forest rangers?
>>
>tfw been camping in the wet mountains and sangre de cristos last 3 weeks
>Now in Albuquerque
>have to get a job
>Thinking about truck driving so I can see even more of the US
Should I do it?
>>
>>1087728
Fire bans are common in all the western states during dry summers. California has a year round fire bans because California is in a perpetual drought.

Fire bans in the summer are common in Alaska but they vary from Burrough (county) to Burrough because the borroughs are so big that they often have different weather.
>>
>hurr durr enver is gay
My girlfriend and I are both professionals, we can't both get jobs in those one-horse shit holes.
>>
>>1087695
>>1087704
>>1087729
>>1087763

Feel free to get the fuck out of Colorado at your earliest possible convenience. We didn't want you here anyway.
>>
>>1088010
Who crowned you King Fuckface of Colorado?
>>
>>1088017
That was a collective "we" not a royal "we". Nobody likes you people.
>>
I don't get why so many people HAVE to have a fire every time they go out.
I mean for fucks sake.
>>
>>1088018
WOW dude just relax and smoke weed xd
>>
Northglenn here op. I know the feels.
>>
>>1087763
>My girlfriend and I are both professionals
You go be a professional. I'll stick to backpacking twice a month and dayhiking weekly in beautiful mountains far away from your so important little urban shithole.
>>
>>1088055
Professional women are nasty and I guarantee that guy is effeminate and submissive
>>
>>1087695
>moves to Colorado for /out/ opportunities
>decides to move to the largest city in the state
I don't know what you were expecting you goddamn mongoloid.
>>
>>1088018
Just for clarification, who are "you people"?
>>
File: 20170824_195106.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170824_195106.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>1087695
>denver
I found your problem
>>
>>1087763
>My girlfriend and I are both professionals
>My girlfriend and I can't live without being a part of the "city scene" so we force ourselves to overpay for our crampt living quarters and larp as outdoorsmen on the weekends without having to associate ourselves with the people who have earned their experience instead of paying for it
>>
>>1087695
>surrounded by beautiful vistas
>better take a picture of our dicksuckers
What is wrong with women?
>>
>>1087695
>Denver assault weapons ban
>State-Wide ban on magazines over 15 rounds

these should have been your first indication
>>
>>1088184
Anyone not from a western state (California excluded) who moved here within the last 15 years or so - and especially anyone at all who moved here after pot got legalized. Double for Texans because we've always hated you for being shitty tourists.
>>
>>1088218
Whats the central unifying theme that makes these people shitty?
>>
>>1087728
Living in alaska here, no fire ban anywhere as of now.
>>
>>1088225
They're carpetbaggers.
>>
>>1088225
Rootless cosmopolitans
>>
>>1087695
The front range isn't Colorado. It's not even easy to get from the front range to Colorado.

In the mountains we collect firewood, ignore fire bans, and laugh at your traffic. No, the I-70 corridor isn't the mountains. Hanging Lake and St. Mary's Glacier and RMNP aren't the mountains. You're going to have to drive farther than that. You might even have to get out and walk.
>>
>tfw want a programming job
>tfw the smaller the town, the fewer tech jobs there are
>have to settle on a larger-ish city like Manchester NH to get the best mix of nature accessibility but also job opportunities

Just wish I could live in a mountain town in Colorado or Idaho or something. Fuck
>>
>>1088279
So get a different job. What's more important to you, your career or your happiness?
>>
>>1088279
Programming can be done from anywhere. Which is why it's all being done in India now.

You can very easily live in a Podunk whitebread redneck mountain town. You just can't have the job you want.
>>
>>1088228
It's been a good winter and pretty wet summer, though.

Last summer there were a lot of burn bans in the Mat-Su Burrough and a few others cause of mild winter and the late rain.
>>
>>1088282
Wouldn't be happy with a different job

>>1088283
I have been looking into working remotely, but I feel like a job on site would be more stable, better paying etc.
>>
>>1088292
>I feel like a job on site would be more stable, better paying etc.
it would be.

a lot of people here commute every day, often for hours in all kinds of unimaginable weather. We do have IT contractors and such, but they usually have to serve several counties to get enough business, which also means a shitload of driving. That's kinda how it is in the mountains though- you either have a shit job or you drive a lot.
>>
>>1088292
What if I told you that happiness has nothing to do with what job you have?
>>
>>1088028
Fire is relaxing.
>>
File: colorado grl.jpg (693KB, 1248x1332px) Image search: [Google]
colorado grl.jpg
693KB, 1248x1332px
>>1087695
not sure if I know that girl or if all CO girls look the same.
>>
>>1088300
Is it worth possibly causing a wild fire, though?
>>
>>1088302
Yes, considering that some government buearacrat is either going to steal the land, close it off for himself or pollute it with toxic waste
>>
>>1088294
Shut up Morpheus.
>>
>>1088673
It's not magic, new age woo-woo shit.

It's been proven by numerous studies that what makes people happy are things like healthy relationships, belonging to communities, taking care of one's self (physically and mentally).

Lot's of people do shitty jobs and are still happy because they feel fulfilled in the other aspects of their lives.
>>
>>1087695
>Denver
That's your problem. There's plenty to do here without going within 100mi of Denver amigo. And yeah, I'd prefer if the whole state didn't burn down.
>>
>>1088676
Sure, but a full-time (or more) job takes up enough time that it can totally ruin your happiness if you really hate what you're doing. Work plays a role, no matter how satisfied you are in other aspects of life.
>>
>>1088301
>>1087695

I really need to have sex.
>>
>>1088729
People end up hating what they do because they invest themselves so much in to it because the modern narrative is that your career must be the center of your world and it must be fulfilling to you.

But guess what? The majority of jobs are not that fulfilling and don't not need to be the center of your mental and emotional investment. There are people who are fortunate enough to do something they're really passionate about, but for most of us work is just work. It ruins their lives because they dwell on it and neglect the other parts of their lives that could bring them much more happiness and fulfillment.

Obviously it can be a problem if your shitty job does not provide enough financial stability to support yourself or your family, but that's a much bigger societal can of worms.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 300x420px
>>1088028
Fires are comfy
>>
>>1088215
Gb2 k
>>
>>1087704
Bunch of Listerine dinners in Cortez. Gross.
>>
>>1088829
No u
>>
>want to live somewhere more remote, close to open spaces
>also want women around

how to I wrangle me a woman and steal her away to the wilderness
>>
>>1088010
What are you gonna do about it fuccboi?

t. originally from Massachusetts and ten times the outdoorsman you are
>>
>>1088946
Insult people on the internet, same as always.
>>
>>1087695
All western states are full of disgusting hipsters and yuppie faggots. West Virginia is obviously the best /out state, maybe followed by Maine. Beautiful classy rolling hills instead of tacky overdone peaks. Full of history and the hillbillies scare away faggots.
>>
>>1088949
>All western states are full of disgusting hipsters and yuppie faggots.
this is true of Colorado cities, bike paths, trails, campgrounds, and dog parks.

Once you get away from those and into the woods you will find very few people. The most commonly encountered will be the Hispanic male gun owner. These usually congregate in groups of 3-5 and will be shooting high-power rifles and sideways-held pistols in areas dangerously close to you and other innocent children.
Next are the homeless. Usually drunk, always insane. You can smell them from a ways away and hope to avoid them. Always accompanied by a very skittish female golden retriever named betsy-boo.
Next you have the mountain men. Grizzled oldguys wearing dad jeans and flannel shirts. Ball cap is optional. They'll usually stare at you until you go away, but if you have some gray hair or a snickers bar they may regale you with tales of local history and the conquests of their youth so long ago.
Also fairly common are the illegal dumpers. Usually miles away from any road, they've shown a skill at off-road driving that would make the best Moab-stomping rock crawlers green with envy. If you encounter a truck full of trash with a very sneaky looking Mexican dumping stuff out of it as quickly as possible, just take a silent pic of their license plate and sneak away as quietly as possible.
People sneaking a smoke or a drink- usually Mormons, but often just folks that told their gf they quit smoking/drinking and really need a buzz. Not great conversationalists, they just want to do their biz and get out.

Other than that the woods are empty aside from hunting season when Texas invades and takes over every inch of our wilderness with 4wheelers, bad beer, and bad shots.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.