[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /out/ Recently started a job as at a Cabelas in Commiefornia.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 29_4345975_11.jpg (39KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
29_4345975_11.jpg
39KB, 550x366px
Sup /out/
Recently started a job as at a Cabelas in Commiefornia. I am in the fishing department and am only 20 years old, so I don't have a lot of experience. Do you guys have anything to help me survive the sales life?

Also, if you have any fun/exciting/stupid stories from camping trips, all stories are welcome.

Pic related - basically my area to run.
>>
>20 yearsold, no experience
>my area to run

Let's see how many replies this gets
>>
Just be nice to people anon. Learn as much as you can in your downtime. Have a good attitude and people will be good to you.
>>
>>1087608
You don't work on comission, do you?

Just talk with customers a lot. Ask what has been working for them so you can reccommend shit to the next customer. And don't be afraid to admit when you don't know something, go find another associate. You will figure it out pretty quick.

I worked retail at a pet store for years in my late teens and early 20s and it didn't take long to become the guy customers ask for because I got good at bullshitting people.
>>
>>1087608

Heh, just sell them whatever is more expensive and tell them it's cruelty free, commiefags eat that up.
>>
>>1087652
Kek. Watch the Bob's Burgers food truck episode and do everything they do.
>>
I did the exact same thing as you OP, oddly enough. I had just moved to Colorado and knew nothing about the fishing in the surrounding area. But, it's pretty much all the same everywhere. Just learn some basics about fishing. Get someone to teach you how to put line on every type of reel as soon as possible and this will set you up for success. With fishing, a lot of times, cheaper stuff will get as far as the expensive shit. You just need to learn what is popular more than anything. No one that is asking for your opinion on fishing gear knows any more than you do. The guys that know what they want won't even ask for help, they'll just ask where it is. Fish are stupid as fuck, but very picky bastards.
>>
>>1087608
Be cool to people, don't let shit heads bother you too much, don't talk about shit you aren't knowledgeable about (google it if you need to), and just get familiar with the basics of rods, reels, and baits. Enjoy your discounts too.
>>
What's with these stupid threads with the same pasta but a different item?

Are we being raided or is it one retard with too much time on their hands?
>>
>>1087608
Learn all the gay gimicky shit about fishing, because, all you're going to get in there are faggot sport fishermen looking for some stupid fly hat or some shit or how to essentially float down the river with their RV in tow.
>>
File: +950+5.jpg (10KB, 340x107px) Image search: [Google]
+950+5.jpg
10KB, 340x107px
Any time someone asks you a question anything about fishing just start screaming, repetitively

BERKLEY POWERBAIT
>>
>>1087608
>Do you guys have anything to help me I'm the sales life?
Quit. I've been in retail for 2 years and I need to get out so bad that I'm looking into a seasonal job. Dealing with the general public WILL leave you pissed off and hating your job every day. EVERYONE is retarded, it's like dealing with children. Man up and work with your hands or go to school to get a job that doesn't involve customers. McCorporations suck to work for, too. They don't give a fuck about you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.