[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was about to buy an axe, then I saw all of these pictures of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: memeaxe.jpg (86KB, 675x501px) Image search: [Google]
memeaxe.jpg
86KB, 675x501px
I was about to buy an axe, then I saw all of these pictures of this damn thing breaking in the same spot, near the logo... Wranglermeme said this axe was gud!

What should I buy instead that is similarly sized and doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
>>
File: logo.jpg (69KB, 668x503px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
69KB, 668x503px
stupid fucking logo. who thought this was a good idea?
>>
Honestly people get too precious about this shit. Just go to the hardware store and buy a fucking axe.
>>
>>1087115
Do you realise how much abuse you gotta do to break a chunk of steel like that? These axes are not being used for their intended purpose. I get that tools need to withstand rough use but there comes a point where you need to use your head and take care of your tools as well.
>>
Never happend in sweden. Muts be beaner made
>>
And this is why you baton knives. Using axes to chop wood is just tool abuse.
>>
>>1087115
Out of every few hundred or thousand of these axes made, there'll be a bad one, it's just how it is, there's always a bad product among good ones. Warranty covers that anyway, assuming you didn't do some stupid shit with it.
>>
You want chop tree?
You want split wood?
Too bad, here pig disgusting axe

ahaha ax genocide best day of my life
wronglor star ape of the homestead fukc the great satan gransfors and he lay an egg from this hatch hultafors

batteny knifes kill the beil.
bushcraft alive with mora fast batteny chop
>>
File: 1491821863005.jpg (17KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1491821863005.jpg
17KB, 412x351px
>>1087173
Why do people like you exist?....
>>
Serves him right for putting that disgusting larp collar on his axe.
>>
Almost as soon as a week after wranglerstar got big, his chanel went to shit. He was always preachy and full of himself but it just got ridiculous, and then got peppered with embarrassingly bad click bait bullshit. I don't know how people can still suffer through it
>>
>>1087251
Because they're literally Redit and don't know any better.
>>
>>1087225
To take advantage of gullible newfags like you.
>>
File: DUDE.png (530KB, 803x678px) Image search: [Google]
DUDE.png
530KB, 803x678px
>>1087202
Haha what.
>>
>>1087173
I mean that's what I do. I once felled a 50ish foot post oak on a walk through my neighborhood trail just to prove to my friend that I could do it with just a knife and a fist sized rock
>>
>>1087115
>>1087117
Yeah, that is fucking retarded. Axes are often 2 pieces of forged metal. The edge has high carbon and the rest of the head has low carbon. The stamp is just about the area where the two metals are forge welded together. Basically, the worst of the worst places to put a retarded stamp on it.
>>
>>1087337
You're a role model for the /out/ community. Keep it up, friend.
>>
>>1087327
> implying newfaggotry
>>
>>1087394
That wasn't an implication, he straight up said it.
>>
File: buy a BK2 instead.jpg (99KB, 668x383px) Image search: [Google]
buy a BK2 instead.jpg
99KB, 668x383px
>nothing but shitposts

So, does anyone have any legitimate suggestions?

I might as well buy a BK2 instead.
>>
>>1087383
Thanks friend! It's always nice to see other people recognize rationality. I hope to see you on the trails!
>>
>>1087699
See
>>1087133
>>
>>1087699
Put a 35° chisel grind on it and keep using it, or take it back to where you bought it and get an exchange or a refund. You could also just get an Estwing camp axe that will serve you well. My.02 cents.
>>
>>1087699
Buy another axe if you're worried about this one breaking.
>>
>>1087699
Love my stripped and convexed BK2, however I will say that the BK9 is far more versatile as a knife, chopper, and froe. The BK2 is more of a knife, chopper, and wedge.
>>
>>1087142
The stamp causes the damage. After that it's only a matter of time.
>>
>>1087117

I have snapped the pliers on two different Leatherman multitools. In both cases they broke right along where the Leatherman name is stamped...
>>
>>1087368
Yeah no, the whole head is tool steel, just like Gransfors, Wetterlings and Hults Bruk. The only people that forge weld 2 pieces of steel together are generally custom makers. If i remember correctly, gransfors just use a whole billet of tool steel to make the head, no forge welding.
>>
>>1088345
You remember wrong.
>>
$25 from hardware store... that's the easy bit. Now find a nice belt pouch for it...
>>
>>1087115

man that's just because some faggot tried to split wood with this thing.
use the proper tools, senpai
we use knifes for batoning !
>>
>>1088456
fucking this.

thats the tool, abused of
use a splataxe for splating
or a buschkraftknife. It's designed for this use
>>
I bought a $7 Coleman axe like 5 years ago, rely on it every trip. Has served me well.
>>
>>1087133

>dad bought me a shity craftsman axe for 11 birthday
>abuse the fuck out of it
>slap the handle on everything because one eye = shit depth perception
>just turned 22 and it's still working fine despite 11 years of abuse

And when I finally break it I can go right back to Sears (assuming they haven't shit the bed by then) and get a free replacement. If they are gone I'll just buy another $30 hardware store axe and abuse it for a decade.
>>
>>1087699
Buy a hultafors, or a condor greenlander for a good cheaper priced option.
>>
>>1087115
What is an axe even for? A $6 bow saw cuts through wood much faster.
I guess you can't fight a bear with it, though
>>
>>1090466
>What is an axe even for?
What a weird question. It's made to be autistic about it on /out/, of course.
>>
>>1087133
Exactly this OP, don't drop 200 dollarydoos on something that might last 5 years before it's fucked and you can't get a replacement because the shit company that focuses more on aethstetics is long dead. Go drop $40 on a craftsman or something you won't get attached to.
>>
>>1088769
Right? I have one of those 'shitty' Fiskars hatchets with the hollow plastic handle that my dad got me a few years back. I split kindling with it, split halves in to quarters when I don't wanna go outside, beat stuff with it like a hammer, abuse the ever loving he'll out of it. Four years, still in tact, works just fine.

Would be even better if I bothered to sharpen it.
>>
>>1087117
Maybe they've out sourced the production to China or some shit, stamped when the steel have cold off too much or something.
>>
>>1090819
I've actually been using an old ass craftsman cleaver for hatchet work for the longest time. Inevitably chipped the edge once but it hasn't mach a difference
>>
>>1090996
What's hatchet work?
>>
>>1088345
Using full tool steel for an axe head reduces the axes life time and makes it prone to breaking more easily.
>>
>>1091004
Anything you would do with a camp axe or hatchet....
>>
>>1091030
The head isn't fully hardened.
>>
>>1090996

i have the same one, it works wonders, im considering making a sheathe for it
>>
>>1091086
Of course not.
>>
>>1087115
Get a Fiskers and their sharpener.
>>
File: Untitled.png (75KB, 239x234px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
75KB, 239x234px
>>1087115
>Wranglermeme said this axe was gud!

He also recommends that people contaminate their gardens with motor oil, by using it to clean their gardening tools. baka

The mans an idiot.
>>
>>1091117
That small amount of oil isn't going to contaminate shit.
>>
>>1091117
use a different oil then? concept still works. and like other anon said, that's such a miniscule amount of oil, you need not worry about it. you probably get more contaminants just by wearing the same boots from your garage to your garden.
>>
>>1090466
I can't pound wedges with a bow saw, can i?
>>
I use 3-in-1 oil to keep my knives and tools from rusting.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.