[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: God-Tier trail food First time I tried these, I was hitchhiking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

ITT: God-Tier trail food

First time I tried these, I was hitchhiking in Japan, and some dude bought me these and a water from a convenience store.

Japan in general have a shitton of awesome foods for hiking. The amount of dried meat products for cheaps is insane.
>>
>>1086450
>>
>40g of sugar

Classic design
>>
>>1086509
Maybe Carbohydrates is listed under Sugar.
>>
>>1086450
you obviously have never been hiking
>>
File: Mgs3_caloriemate_promo.jpg (46KB, 300x421px) Image search: [Google]
Mgs3_caloriemate_promo.jpg
46KB, 300x421px
>>1086486
>>
>>1086513
Lol that's as big as a CD Case.
From the games I assumed it was the size of a pizza box.
>>
MGS Snakeater was fucking awesome.
>>
>>1086450
I personally go for Soylent, Sounds like just a vegan calorie block with water. I've gone on week long trips with soylent for at least 3/5 meals a day.
>>
if i ever go camping, I'm not sitting around nawing on a block of food. I'm need some hotdogs n some stir fry. our at least some chips n salsa.
>>
>>1086666
Don't go outside, quadsfriend. It's a terrible place
>>
>>1086450
I've had a similar experience shopping for dried meats at the asian markets.

dried seafoods are particularly novel and fun for me. sure, they have a powerful "fishy" smell, but a little bit of warming in a pan or over a flame and they soften up well and are packed with nutrition while being light and shelf stable.
>>
File: IMG_1749.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1749.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1086673
Horrible horrible place. Or just skip food and bring plenty of cocaine
>>
>>1086450
>Calorie Mate Block
>400 calories
>80 grams
400 / 80 = 5
5 cal/gram
Peanut butter has 6 cal/gram
Pemmican has 6.6 cal/gram
Either has more protein than Calorie Block
Why would I want to eat a block?
>>
>>1086683
If you take up smoking hardcore enough you could probably suppress your appetite long enough

I just make chocolate bush bread and whack off as much as humanly possible
>>
>>1086565

Enjoy your estrogen.
>>
>>1087822
no no no bring salt water, salt water willl make you vomit and that will cause the salt to leave you body leaving you hydrated, and refreshed from shock
>>
File: estrogen.jpg (79KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
estrogen.jpg
79KB, 1024x767px
>>1089519
maybe he's not getting enough... estrogen.
>>
Calorie mate tastes like a compressed block of chocolate whey powder. They aren't good, they're a novelty
>>
>>1086450
>ITT: God-Tier trail food
You're doing it wrong; see
>>1087811
>Pemmican

I'll add GORP to the list.
>>
Honey, flour, and cornmeal hardtack with peanut buttah.
>>
Oatmeal for breakfast, gorp, jerky and granola bars for lunch and snacks, mountain house for dinner. That's generally most of what I eat.
>>
File: Babybel_WikiCheese_04_Lokal_K.jpg (12KB, 220x167px) Image search: [Google]
Babybel_WikiCheese_04_Lokal_K.jpg
12KB, 220x167px
These are awesome trail snacks, plus you can make a fire starter/candle out of the wax in a pinch.
>>
>>1091035
Same here.
>>
Tear these out of the ground on your hike and eat the white stem base. Delicious.
>>
File: bulrushes in water.jpg (10KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
bulrushes in water.jpg
10KB, 248x203px
>>1091080
forgot pic
>>
>>1091043
These things taste disgusting. They also don't keep that well without refrigeration.
>>
>>1092603
You're supposed to take the red part off before you eat it.
>>
>>1092607
Actually the wax tastes better in my opinion, and I eat bleu, stinking bishop, and other strongly flavored cheeses. I get the feeling it's got no age on it, just raw, tasteless, mass-produced cheese.
>>
>>1086565
>contain eggs
>contain butter

Guy its vegan lol!
>>
>>1086565
I wouldn't recommend soylent. I watched a doco about it and the guy was saying they just ordered drums of ingredients from whatever Chinese factory would sell it to them.
Chinese people buy all of the baby formula off of our shelves and sell it to their family back home because they can't trust what is sold there.
>>
File: IMG_1747.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1747.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1086683
lol that's my picture
>>
>>1086511
It is
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.