[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good youtubers that show you how to do sht. I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Wranglerstar.jpg (41KB, 497x372px) Image search: [Google]
Wranglerstar.jpg
41KB, 497x372px
Any good youtubers that show you how to do sht. I'm trying to be a better handy man and know how to go camping.
>>
File: puu.jpg (31KB, 370x374px) Image search: [Google]
puu.jpg
31KB, 370x374px
>>1086350
No. Go away.
>>
>>1086350
Corporals corner, Ive learned almost everything I know i use for camping and survival from him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zjJn-M4viU

Vid related, how to make a bucksaw to use while camping in 10 minutes, all you need is the blade your knife and some cordage.
>>
>>1086385
haven't watched him in years. seems more comfortable on camera now
>>
>>1086435
>>1086385
I like his channel a lot.
>>
>>1086385
Holy shit, he made a saw our of a saw blade and some sticks.

/u/corporalscorner Let me get at that dick
>>
Anything you learn from wranglerstar is completely inapplicable outside of his fairy fantasy larp farm.

Its not about "proper" or whatever his word is these days, he picks his process by aesthetics, and nothing else.
>>
>>1087371
ive stopped watching myself but thats largely unfair. he has a steady stream of content which by default will share new possible ideas with people. as well as having a community trying to pool ideas
>>
>>1087654
I won't claim to understand anything you wrote, I'm not a hipster, but wranglerstar is well understood to be full of shit on nearly all fronts. His claims of having 'worked in the trades' for instance, are abusrd. He is so fucking slow he'd have been kicked off even the shittiest of crews I worked, whether timber or framing or ground work.

Guy took like a month to build a canitlever workbench for his garage. That is an afternoon project for anyone who knows his stuff and isn't in love with dicking the fuck around.

So youtubers who know their shit RE handy man type stuff:
AvE of course
markp0177
Essential Craftsman

for outdoorsy farmstead homesteader shit:
SkillCult

camping in the snow and how to have a ball while doing same:
apetor
>>
>>1087654

What the fuck are you talking about?

You're literally incapable of distinguishing the concepts of quality and quantity.
>>
>>1086350
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

Primitive technology
>>
>>1087687
my post had nothing to say of his quality, moron. the one of an indiscerning mind here is you. read better
>>
>>1087693
+1 Primitive Technology
>>
>>1087708

"His videos are inapplicable to the real world"

That's a qualitative statement.

"A steady stream of content by default will provide new ideas"

That's a judgement based on quantity of output.

I can provide a "steady stream" of video of my asshole for the next 10 years, that won't "by default" inspire inspiration and a community, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>1087860
holy shit are you assuming another anonymous post was made by me? stop posting, you are way too fucking desperate for a win
>>
>>1087953

I'm quoting my post which you replied to, chief.
>>
>>1087860
>"His videos are inapplicable to the real world"

its a general statement and largely untrue. when you are running a household nothing becomes a 1-night build
>>
>>1087958

Its not just about timing, since obviously he's taking the time to film and edit and so forth in addition to the project itself, but his whole ethos surrounding vintage tools, "earthy" natural products and what amounts to old wives tales for techniques and knowledge puts him solidly outside of the realm of effective, reliable and modern industry. He is an entertainer, he picks things that look good and make people feel good, that's why he's a YouTube celebrity and not much else.
>>
>>1088091
ive posted about corporals corner recently myself and im not the person you are responding too. his channel is just unusually focused on sharing of technique and is easily referenced
>>
>>1088072
again, ive also stopped watching him. but presumably his intended audience are budding homesteaders, which is a fairly expensive lifestyle. buying old equipment isnt just about aesthetic, but is the only feasible way for many to live such a life

yes, he does pander to aesthetic, and he does pander in general, but his channel is mostly a positive in the quest for the wealth of communal information. but just mostly
>>
>>1088095
see>>1086385
see>>1086936

freaking hive minded then.
>>
>>1088097
no i agree, those are probably the same person. but due to the quality of content of the youtuber in question, i cant condemn him. maybe not so much quality as the "get out and practice" vibe
>>
>>1088098

The one thing that's a bit awkward is him still clinging to the rank of Corporal, it's not that impressive.
>>
>>1088116
Why, are corporals useless? Maybe the military should abolish that rank
>>
File: was hot in HS.jpg (8KB, 236x325px) Image search: [Google]
was hot in HS.jpg
8KB, 236x325px
>>1088178

bitch was hot shit in HS...not so much anymore.
>>
>>1088227
Gross, wtf is that?
>>
MTMike thru hiker triple crown hiking God
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2SnNNxR0W0fGBnRR__AYdg/featured
>>
>>1087679
hes not under the gun to produce a bench and had other things going on at home at the time/other projects he wanted to work on maybe? are you a mouth breather? it's pretty obvious the guy is pretty handy and well learned. maybe you also don't understand the concept of youtube ad revenue and video editing? this post and your other one seems like they were written by either a troglodye or someone who's upset over a guy on the internet.
>>
>>1088097
>>1086385
Funny, 2 threads asking about good youtubers, so I post the same youtube channel, could it be im the same fucking person?

Christ you guys.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.