[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /out/ Any advice for camping at festivals? I'll be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: 631688297_af58088f0f_b1.jpg (571KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
631688297_af58088f0f_b1.jpg
571KB, 1024x768px
Hi /out/

Any advice for camping at festivals?

I'll be camping for three nights. Already got the tent (two of us in a four person), sleeping bag and a mat.
>>
Don't be an asshole and leave trash everywhere
>>
>>1084751
Keep your valuables in your locked vehicle.
Bring alcohol even if you don't drink.
>>
>>1084768
>Bring alcohol even if you don't drink.

Can you explain that thought?

I was planning on not drinking, as I get very bad hangovers and the thought of a three day hangover would ruin the festival for me.
>>
>>1084781
Being plastered was the only way I could be around a herd of normies at all times for three days. There is no escape!
>>
>>1084781
Not that guy, but it's for sharing with other people.
>>
Festi camping 101, get yourself a nice piss jar.
>>
File: P1060974.jpg (993KB, 2004x1504px) Image search: [Google]
P1060974.jpg
993KB, 2004x1504px
>>1084751
I'm a regular at illegal raves/teknivals in France, I guess my only advice is bring ear plugs
Because assuming there will be music 24/24h you WILL want some time isolated in your tent to just rest
>>
dont get lost
>>
Bring three times the amount of toilet paper you think you need, needel and thread, a powerbank, duktape, condoms, a cheap rain poncho and earplugs.
Always use some protection for the grass when grilling.Be a nice guy and open to the stupid shit people do.
>>
Assuming it's going to be hot:
baby wipes for cat-baths
Gold Bond for relief from chafing
dry ice in your cooler
EZ-up or other canopy to keep sun off your camp
Liquid Stitch to repair shit
something to sell/trade (cigarettes, beer, etc)

One thing I have done at super-hot fests is to bring a deep-cycle marine battery and power inverter. Group members and neighbors could charge phones, and I used it to run a fan in my tent at night. We're talking 90 degrees and super high humidity, so it really helped to get a good night's sleep.
>>
>>1084751

Find out where the shitters are and make sure you pitch your tent upwind of them and at least 25 yards away.

Don't forget an extra large tarp to put under your tent so you have at leafy an extra foot or two sticking out. It will allow you to take your shoes off in dry ground but not while in your tent. A little camp chair is helpful in that situation as well.
>>
Camping chair, hearing protection, power bank, shovel or cooling box, nothing of value, some basic food like beef jerky, botteled water for in the mornings, duck tape, flashlight
>>
Always keep your valuables (phone, wallet, keys) in a pocket with a zipper, pickpockets are fucking everywhere.
Yesterday for example a guy was caught on the Dutch festival of Pukkelpop with no less than 77 stolen phones.
>>
>>1084781
It is for sharing. Like having a cooler of soda and beer for guests.
>>
>>1084781
Drink lots of water when you drink alcohol and have small snacks every so often. In the morning, have a good breakfast. Learn how to not have a hangover.

The only time I ever had a hangover, I didn't have a headache, I was just still drunk. I woke up, felt fine, went for a 1 mile job, and returned so drunk that I could barely walk.
>>
>>1084751
Don't bring snazzy gear, just get a basic tent and cheap sleeping bag and mat. Then work hard to find a non-inconvenient, out the way spot. Do still apply good site selection practice. Don't know what country you are in but here in the UK it rains a lot of silly people still pitch their tents in areas likely to gather ground water. Also get thick, bright coloured guy lines, if possible set up some sort of physical way of drawing people attention to them. Flags, ribbons, glow sticks, whatever. Drunk/high normies are cancer and will kick them when walking past. As has been said ear plugs are a must. Also I tend to take an eye mask. Most the festivals I frequent are smaller affairs with a good crowd. However, some of the bigger ones draw a lot of dicks. Dicks who will set fire to, jump on, steal from, etc your tent. Don't leave valuable in your tent, get a bum bag, fanny pack whatever. If you can get a good tough container for you food. These places can be rife with rats. If you are going to take MDMA, take it once. Don't redose and have your pre/post roll minerals and nutrients well researched. If you can get your gear tested before taking it. Roll safe has good info.

>>1084765 is so right. Sort out your own MOOP and bag your own trash.

If I can I bring my own fresh fruit, water, and breakfast foods/hot drinks. Fuck having to tramp off and buy breakfast. Lunch and dinner is cool though. Bringing you own snacks can also cut down costs.
>>
>>1085036
Was he a native or a "migrant"?
>>
I cant even fathom a situation where you would leave all of your belongings in a field that you wont be anywhere near with thousands of people you dont know just feet away.
To me thats akin to just leaving your wallet in the middle of a mall and hoping its there when you get back.
>>
>>1084751
Bring your RV with AC and running water. Charge people 20 bucks a shower. You're welcome.
>>
>>1085711
>he thinks a tent and sleeping bag is equal to a wallet
>>
>>1085740
I guarantee your tent and sleeping bag cost more than the ticket to whatever faggy festival you'd be going to.
>>
>>1085752
Burning man is $1000 so no, but you missed the point like a retard
>>
>>1085753
>going to burning man
>ever
how does it feel to be a drug addled manchild?
>>
>>1084751
Where you going lad?
I'm thinking of going to my first bush doof later this year
But jesus, the tickets are expensive as fuck.
>>
Theres a festival in aus and guys go to kmart a couple of weeks before and buy all the gumboots. They then sell them at the festival and make bank. Return any unsold ones for a refund.
Bring a laundry tub to put your boots in before stepping in your tent. Then bring that in with you. Dont want a muddy inside or stolen/soaked boots.
Disposable ponchos are also a good idea.
If you think you should piss/shit, then go straight away. Lines can be large.
Females consider a she-wee.
Have a way to find your tent in the dark: flag, battery fairy lights.
Set a meeting point early and just stay there. Getting lost sucks.
Keep an eye on the ground. Lots of drugs, money and other treasure to be found.
Take a lighter. I gauruntee you will be asked. Nice conversation starter.
Dont piss in your cup then throw it.
Infact dont throw anything.
Dont judge others.
Help anyone in trouble.
>>
>>1084751
The only advice I haven't seen yet is take naps. Even though you won't be drinking for some weird reason, you will probably get tired so plan a nap each day.
>>
>>1085756
How's it feel to think a tent is a wallet?
>>
>>1085877
naps are glourious. Bonus points for having some Melatonin, eye mask, and chamomile tea to aid said nap.
>>
OP here, thanks for all the replies lads.

>>1084825
>>1084831
Yeah I thought about it and I will definitely be drinking. Just gonna lots of cheap beer and I can share it too

>>1084859
Definitely putting them on the list, cheers

>>1084885
>condoms
Where do you think we are?

>>1085036
Yeah I'm well aware of pick pocketing, and the chance of just losing my shit cos I'll be hammered. Thinking of picking up some combat/cargo trousers

>>1085071
>If you are going to take MDMA
I'm considering getting some from a friend I trust in advance, rather than buying off dodgy festival dealers. I know if I don't bring my own that's what'll end up happening. Any advice for smuggling it in?

>>1085752
Tickets were €300, tent was €200 split up four ways

>>1085832
>gumboots
Lol, never heard them called that. I'll be picking up a pair tomorrow.
>Keep an eye on the ground. Lots of drugs, money and other treasure to be found.
This is an awesome idea that never would have occurred to me.
>Take a lighter
I'll take several, I'm a smoker and I lose a lot of them
>Dont judge others.
>Help anyone in trouble.
/out/ is such a nice board. I'll make sure to!

>>1085877
>>1085909
I can't imagine I'd be able to nap with all the noise that'll be going on around me, but I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>1085919
>Any advice for smuggling it in?
Honestly, condom, thin string, lube and up your bum. It's really not that bad and pretty safe. Just practice before you go so you don't have that 'this is my first time with something up my butt' look on your face at security. But seriously do check out Roll Safe and get your roll planned properly to avoid sad times post high.
>I can't imagine I'd be able to nap with all the noise that'll be going on around me, but I'll keep it in mind.
Hence the ear plugs, melatonin, and well selected, out-the-way campsite.
>>
>>1085756
How does it feel to be that guy who polices other peoples bodies ? Don't like drugs don't go to Burning Man easy I never came to your gay gangbang pigplay bukkake cos I don't like beefy pozzed up loads in my butt but I don't feel the need to criticise you for being a lowlife filthy sodomite.
>>
>>1085919
Reading/Leeds fest ?
>>
>>1085929
I hope not. Those two are the _worst_ festivals going.
>>
I went to a festival once. It was very hard to relax. How do I relax and have fun at festivals?
>>
>>1085756
Those drug addled man children are rich Chad's who can blow $20,000 to have a catered party at a festival with hot sluts slurping their load in exchange for a shower. Obviously you have a deep seeded hatred of your betters and your jealousy is making you insane with rage that you would lash out at strangers
>>
>>1085668
He was Middle Eastern, if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>1085933
Go to good festivals. Smaller ones with a more genre focused line up tend to have more chilled and friendly crowds.
>>
Duct tape space-blankets to you tent, keeps it cool, blocks out the sun so you sleep better and makes your tent easier to spot when your stumbling home

a mint flavored spirit like Minttu is nicer in the morning after brushing your teeth then going straight to beer.

dont trust the gypsies who collect cans, dont give them cans, dont talk to them, ignore them or chase them off

if you have a pavilion it WILL break, reinforce the joints with duct tape and tie as many guy lines as possible.

your camp chair will break too, reinforce that too.

no reason to bring a big 10L or something water can, the water will taste like shit and most festivals provide water so just bring a bottle or two

disinfectant gel

more duct tape

if camping stoves are not allowed, many of the places that sell boiling water dont actually have an explicit limit on how much water you buy for a fixed price

learn the toilet emptying schedule

condoms, if you dont get lucky use them as water balloons on the last day. speaking of water, an inflatable kiddie pool is great for keeping feet and beer cool but has a high risk of a stranger pissing in it at night
>>
File: IMG_20170821_202857.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170821_202857.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>1086056
>Duct tape space-blankets to you tent, keeps it cool, blocks out the sun so you sleep better and makes your tent easier to spot when your stumbling home

Shit I'll remember that one, it's always hot where I do festivals and raves. I usually find my way back rather easily tho because some of my friends live in their trucks and come with them, easy to spot

>>1086056
>condoms, if you dont get lucky use them as water balloons on the last day.

I usually take these with me to fuck around during daytime
>>
>>1086056
>many of the places that sell boiling water
>Selling boiling water

What
Is that a thing ?
>>
>>1086085
the space blanket this really is a game changer, can keep a sun baked tent basement cool, and if you keep your drinks in the kiddie pool during the day to keep cool and in your tent at night its even cooler

>>1086087
its probably intended for tea, i bring my swedish army trangia pot for like 2 liters of boiling water, take that back to camp and its instant noodles for everyone for like 0.40 dollar
>>
File: despondent.jpg (80KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
despondent.jpg
80KB, 850x400px
>>1084751
Try not to suffer a withering, silent, mind-crushing death in the vacuous pit of social anxiety from the teeming, sweaty masses surrounding you
>>
>>1085730

This nigger gets it.
>>
>>1085711
I've never had a problem. Be friendly with your neighbors, agree to keep an eye on each other's camps.
Camping music festivals are often filled with a kinder, crunchier type of music fan, and a lot of thieves aren't into camping to start with.
>>
>>1085756
I would go to Burning Man in a SECOND, if I lived out west. It looks fucking awesome, and I love the no commerce, sharing and participation encouraged philosophy.
The salt flats alone would get me there. Never been anyplace like that. It looks like another planet in some pictures.
And it's definitely not man-children who have the knowledge and initiative to build such incredible structures, vehicles, and art.
>>
>>1085832
>Keep an eye on the ground. Lots of drugs, money and other treasure to be found.
We used to call these "ground scores" in my Bonnaroo days. Found some great stuff, and actually reunited a bunch of cameras and wallets with their owners.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.