[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in skateboarding but I have no idea where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_inline_n6wfahQN4W1s9q73p.jpg (15KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n6wfahQN4W1s9q73p.jpg
15KB, 500x500px
I'm interested in skateboarding but I have no idea where to start.

What's the best board I could buy as a beginner without spending too much money?
>>
>>1083885
I honestly think the best way to get started, is to not procastinate it by thinking too much about what board to get and reading up on it, but just getting whatever cheap board you can and get out there and do it, so that the feel of the board becomes natural to you.. Pretty sure all stores selling skate supplies, have those 100$ beginner boards, which are just fine
>>
what're the most silent type of skateboard wheels?
>>
>>1083963
Kryptonics
>>
>>1083965
ok sounds good but I'd like to rephrase my question a bit I'm looking for a regular looking skateboard (i.e no cruiser decks) that a newbie can easily and quietly get the hang of - just want to ride it down to the shops early morning without waking up the neighbors, would buying a skateboard and a cruiser then swapping the cruiser trucks onto the skateboard be an ok idea? any advice is helpful
>>
>>1083885
1) go to your local independently owned skate shop ( a real skate shop, not zumiez, not a bike shop, not a sports store) and get one of their prebuilts on a shop deck. they will give you a good size range for your age/size/ability

2) don't skimp too hard-- a lot of the cheepo boards are actual garbage and will not let you learn how to skate right. you want a real seven-ply deck from a real wood shop (most shop decks are legit) you want good trucks, you want good grip, you want real urethane wheels and bearings that actually work

3) find an abandoned basketball court. just practice pushing around when you are ready try ollieiong over cracks and lines.

3) find a good curb to practice doing ollies up.

4) find a quiet skatepark. go by yourself and just start going. it all comes and builds.

5) remember skateboarding is an everlasting gobstopper, you can suck at it your whole life and it will always be enjoyable.
>>1083963
the general rule is the softer the quieter.
>>
>>1083969
preferably on amazon UK aswell
>>
>>1083969
there are "shaped decks" and you can put some risers and soft wheels on them.

welcome (not a brand i'm fond of for unrelated reasons) is probably the most popular shaped deck company people really like their shit. most companies are making shaped decks that can double as a cruiser and normal popsicle shapes.
>>
just search oj wheels 78A and get anything over 60mm.
>>
>>1083978
was meant for >>1083972
>>
>>1083885
This belongs on alternative sports.
>>
>>1083995
Please don't send people to /asp/. It's a terrible place.
>>
>>1083963
SOFT rubber formula.

I longboard and use 77a rebound wheels.
>>
>>1083995
you mean /InbredTrailerTrashWrasslin'General/ ?
>>
>>1083995

but its not a sport...
>>
>>1083891
OP here, bought a toy machine deck at Zumiez and went to a skate park with no one there and couldn't be happier. Thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1084166
Post the new whip dog!
>>
Earthwing makes the best decks I've ever used. I dropped like 180 on a miniglider deck 5 years ago and it's still in amazing condition
>>
>>1083971
/thread
puality qost
>>
there is a skateboarding general on >>>/asp/
>>
>>1083885
Get a board thats thin and flexible

Then just like, do tricks
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.