[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>women lost in a 5sq mile forst for 28 days. nearly die

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 31

>women

lost in a 5sq mile forst for 28 days.

nearly died

https://archive.fo/KNHgp
>>
>>1082067
This was either faked for attention or she really is the stupidest person to ever live. I guess we should give her credit for being able to survive for 3 weeks but most dipshits would at least know not to drink water out of a FUCKING PUDDLE.
>>
>>1082079
>woman
>faked for attention

100% confirmed
>>
>>1082079
>>1082090
How do you explain the arrest for the cabin break in?
>>
>>1082067
>worked at hooters
Definitely an attention seeking whore
>>
a roughly circular forest with an area of 5 sq miles would have a diameter of 2.4 miles. walking in any direction would guarantee that you get out in literally less than an hour.

dumb hoe.
>>
She looks pretty damn chunky in the monkey for someone who did not eat for a month.
>>
>>1082190
In her defense, untrained, lost humans travel in circles. 28 days is fucking crazy, though, but it could happen. Drop me in there without knowing about the walking in circles thing, and it might just take me 28 days to get out, too.
>>
>>1082198
Yeah but isn't the circle thing like after a while and caused because of dehydration? There's no way she would be able to walk in a circle for 28 days without realising it,
>>
>>1082202
>Yeah but isn't the circle thing like after a while and caused because of dehydration?
Studies seem to show that it's just something that happens when devoid of proper landmarks to orient yourself (blindfolded, in a desert, in thick brush, etc.).

http://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Investigation-into-Lisa-Theris-case-continues-440404903.html
>There's a whole lot more to this story. It's going to be sad and heartwarming at the same time.

She was allegedly riding in a car with two men who planned to rob a cabin, which made her decide to jump out of the car, leading to her disappearance. She was also found naked. I don't know what the fuck is up with that.
>>
>>1082191
that's what I was thinking.

says she weighed 145 when she disappeared and she lost 50lbs over the month. If that's her at 95lbs I'd say half of it's lips and cheeks.
>>
>>1082217
>She was also found naked. I don't know what the fuck is up with that.
probably became hypothermic at some point and took off all her clothes. It happens.
>>
>>1082242
No you die when you do that, plus, it's summer.

Also people walk in circles because we are right/left handed, thus our stride matches that.
>>
File: 1365901340910.png (304KB, 990x657px) Image search: [Google]
1365901340910.png
304KB, 990x657px
>>1082217
>She was also found naked
Sounds like the start of a good book if you ask me
>>
>>1082217

In a month she couldn't figure out which was the sun was traveling in the sky and use that as something to keep her bearings?
>>
>no clothes
>no shoes

wat
>>
The clothes got dirty and she got rid of them, probably.
Can't have muddy clothes and socks chafing you.

As for the circles, she probably got tired and confused the first days, and gave up trying to find a way out in favor of staying in a small area that had food water.

Then when those resources extinguished, she expanded her radius until eventually finding the highway.
>>
what does her being a woman have to do with it?
>>
File: Gun-Store-Ladies.jpg (54KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Gun-Store-Ladies.jpg
54KB, 600x450px
>>1082347
Have you ever seen a woman try to read a map or navigate with anything that isn't spoon feeding directions to them like google maps?

Not even a basement dweller, I'm married, but holy shit gender differences in spatial thinking really do exist
>>
>>1082360
I've done orienteering with women before and I didn't notice any difference. I doubt the average man would've fared any better if lost in the woods. It's all about experience and knowledge
>>
>>1082305
Oh please, we all know what really happened. The two dudes probably were expecting to get laid, caught her trying to run away, got fucking pissed at thinking they were being cock teased, so they tore her clothes off and raped her.

I hope she gets over her trauma and tells the cops everything, so they go to jail.
>>
>>1082378
That says a lot more about you than about the story.
>>
>>1082364

>and I didn't notice any difference.

Good goy.
>>
>>1082402
???
Are you saying that my observations are false?
>>
>>1082347
>what does her being a woman have to do with it?
they use smartphones but: THEY DONT KNOW THEIR OWN EXACT LOCATION https://youtu.be/T5gyi_fHL_c
>>
File: Capture.jpg (162KB, 1093x623px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
162KB, 1093x623px
>Deputy Faulkner says she was found naked by a driver who spotted her along Highway 82 between Union Springs and Eufaula in Bullock County Saturday afternoon.
I don't see a really good place along here to get lost.
https://www.google.com/maps/@31.9981485,-85.3973531,51755m/data=!3m1!1e3
>>
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBkhpUVlkis
>>
>>1082404
Are you saying you are capable of making accurate observations?
>>
It's possible she had one too many of these
>>
>>1082360
A lot of the women I'm around even manage to fuck up following the directions from actual turn-by-turn navigational software.

Fortunately my wife isn't one of those, she's not too horrible with directions. Yay marrying a hick.

>>1082364
I taught/supervised the land nav STX for the Army, for both yearly training for reservists and for shit like the EIB/EMB. The only people who have ever failed it were female officers and inner-city blacks (even then I only outright failed like 15 people in the 3 years I did it), most of the males can be successfully taught in about 5 minutes and even the enlisted females could be remedial'd in about half a day.

Those who failed met all of the following criteria:
>zero experience (literally how, by the time they got to me, is beyond me--this is shit taught in OSUT and BOLC)
>refused to listen to me at all
>minority by the military's standards (nonwhite and/or female)

No, the actually graded military land nav is not difficult. The EIB course is set up specifically so you can find all your points with Google Maps satellite overlay, you literally don't even need your compass.
>>
Surprised the wild hogs didn't find her.
>>
>>1082575
>refused to listen to me at all
Sounds like a woman alright.
>>
>>1082242
Hypothermia in summer in Alabama? I doubt it has ever even dropped below 70 F in the last 30 days.
>>
>>1082752
This
It's possible she was retarded and jumped in a body of water during the day to escape the heat then took off her clothes to dry them
>>
>>1082752
Maybe he means Hyperthermia.
>>
Apparently she turned black.
>>
>>1082768
no, I just didn't realize how warm it is there at night. Never been there, never plan to.

overheating would be my next guess, or maybe she used her clothes for toilet paper.
>>
>>1082067
She wasn't from the area and knew what berries and mushrooms to eat?! WHAT? if you threw my Florida born and raised ass in say, a Michigan forest.. Besides freezing to death. I wouldn't know what to begin to forage for, besides maybe chicken of the woods, water, blueberries??, and wild game. Actually I'd try to stabby stabby something with a pokey bit before I went off eating random mushrooms..
>>
>>1082067
Where does it say 5 miles sq? I only see "thousands miles"

I kek'd tho if it's really 5.
>>
>>1082827
Says thousands of acres, not miles. 1000 acres is a little larger than 1.5 square miles.
>>
>>1082839
Oh sorry, I am not really aware of imperial units.

Holy kek
>>
File: 1492698594656.jpg (11KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492698594656.jpg
11KB, 400x300px
Nah the story is bullshit. Either she was locked in some rape shed for 27 days or she was off on a drug binge with her two criminal friends.

There is no chance that someone can be dumb enough not to walk out of a forest that small but somehow be smart enough to survive that long in said forest.
>>
>>1082934
God might have just maxed out her luck stat at birth I guess.
>>
File: 568dc360421ee.image.jpg (231KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
568dc360421ee.image.jpg
231KB, 1200x900px
>>1082934
You give whores too much credit
>>
>>1082470
Jimson Weed
A gamble of delerium or death
>>
File: actually.jpg (21KB, 356x376px) Image search: [Google]
actually.jpg
21KB, 356x376px
>>1082985

Sounds like the last election.
>>
>>1082973
what the fuck is this chernobyl cat
>>
>>1082468
Lawl
>>
>>1082261
in all fairness I've explained this many times to my wife and she still can't understand how I can tell the time from the sun let alone navigate by it. She has absolutely no sense of direction.
>>
>>1083019
ooohhh noice
>>
>>1083154
I genuinely believe no/very few women are born with a sense of direction. They can only develop one post hoc and most of them never bother.
>>
>>1082067
>eating wild mushrooms
wew surprised she survived
>>
File: tastyshrooms.jpg (1MB, 1600x1140px) Image search: [Google]
tastyshrooms.jpg
1MB, 1600x1140px
key words

>surviving on berries and MUSHROOMS
>>
>>1083291
I eat wild muschrooms all the 5ime, I'm Polish.
The point is muschrooms hold literally ZERO nutrition value, while putting digestive system to extra work, AND it's a very bad idea to eat them unprocessed.
Did she had a cooking s5ove or a frying pan?
I son't think so.
Her story is garbage.
>>
File: thefuck.png (474KB, 621x600px) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.png
474KB, 621x600px
I still find this funny:

reverse Michael Jackson.

She walks in a 25y old camwhore and walks out a middle-aged negress.

In a fucking "forest". Dear god I couldn't get that tan without sitting on a beach for a week.
>>
>>1083307
She lost over 15kgs.
>>
>>1083314
If that's before/after, I highly doubdt it. Looks exactly the same weight.
>>
WTF, there's nowhere there more than half a mile from the road.
>>
Just Proof....most women are just fucking stupid. Fame seeking dumb bitch.....lol
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (938KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
938KB, 400x372px
Regardless of what happened, there was clearly a series of bad choices that led up to this happening.

You don't end up in a truck at night with 2 random dudes on the way to rob a cabin by making good choices.
>>
>>1083315

More than likely her body burned off what little muscle she had first to keep going.
Leaving behind the fat that defined her original body profile.
>>
>>1083333
Forgot to mention that muscle is more dense than fat.
>>
>>1082067
Hell, I can honestly say I would most likely have died.

Also, she looks better after 3 weeks in the woods lol. Intense eyes.
>>
>>1083313
>>1083341
I mean fuck, it even fixed her duckface.
>>
File: Sin título.png (2MB, 959x1007px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
2MB, 959x1007px
hopefully she doesnt go back to being a disgusting fat fuck
>>
>>1082198
how is that even possible? i never got this when i'm out in the woods i don't need a compass i know which way is north somehow i guess if i was busy with something and lost track of where i'm headed i might get turned around and would have to stop figure it out but to go in circles...
>>
"Oh look, there's the sun. I'll just walk in a straight line following the fucking gigantic light in the sky and eventually I'll hit a road or highway."

That's how you get saved in 5 hours assuming you can walk at 1mph in the woods.

This twat wandered the woods for a month for one of two reasons: she's a complete and utter retard (which I honestly don't doubt given the pictures) or she was an accomplice to the crime and was too scared to go out thinking she'll go to jail (which she still should but won't because women never go to jail).
>>
This is a hoax, lads.
>>
>>1083460
the sun "moves" tho you have to account for that if you want to walk a straight line easy to do if you are aware of the time
>>
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/woman-missing-wilderness-month-berries-wild-mushrooms-lisa-theris-louisville-radiologist-student-a7893831.html

>Before she disappeared, Ms Theris, a radiology student, had been with two men who later robbed a hunting lodge, investigators said.

>She told them she fled from the men because she did not want to be part of the robbery.
>>
>>1083550
TBQH, i would dip muh wick in that lady. She managed to survive longer than most of you armchair survivalists could without moms tendies.

Also, i doubt we have heard the whole story.

Also, she did the right thing getting away from the thugs.

Also, she still looks ok after starving 4 weeks.

Also, she dropped her clothes, possibly after she drank or ate something wrong and shat everything. Roaming inna, like a starving Eve.
>>
>>1083718
>she did the right thing getting away from the thugs.

nigga you stupid if you can't read between the lines here. she was an accomplice and ran when the cops came.
>>
File: REACTION.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
REACTION.gif
822KB, 600x366px
>>1083724
> i invent things and lie to make a point
Why would you do that an 4chan?
>>
>>1083728
none of this story makes sense 2bh
>>
>>1083729
Yes, waiting to hear more background.
>>
Im convinced that this is a new diet fad. Cant say it doesn't work she looks fit as fuck.
>>
>>1082934
i agree altho you can survive for 28 days with little to no food if you have water, naked and afraid is a prime example of that. you lose shittons of weight.
>>
>>1083307
That's not true at all, chanterelles for instance, are very high in potassium. And unlike bananas, you can lay them out on a smoke rack and preserve them for winter.
>>
>>1083313
That's not a tan, that's dirt. She was probably just sleeping on the ground, in the mud, without even bothering to set up some kind of shelter.
>>
>>1083313
that's called not taking a shower. You can do this test by wrapping around your hand in a bag while taking a shower. Don't wash it for a month and see how brown/dry it is. Just look at the homeless people.

I don't believe this shit though. If she was in a 5-mile forest...there's no fucking way you can't find an exit in literally an hour
>>
She was legally blind you dicks
>>
>>1083753
I just loke-up the story and it doesn't say she was blind. However, despite whatever points she loses for not knowing she could have walked out eventually in any direction, staying alive for 4 weeks by foraging is fairly hardcore and resourceful.
>>
>>1083753
You are legally retard if you think so.
>>
>>1083287

I think most human beings who don't spend a lot of time outdoors don't have a good sense of direction. That's just a consequence of living in a very well controlled and (relatively) unchaotic civilization. I seriously think she was delirious and simply ended up walking in circles.
>>
>>1083287
>>1083775
It's also important to note that in places, like rural Abalamma for example, it's possible to walk in the wrong direction long enough to kill yourself from dehydration/exposure. Yeah she should have been more aware of her overall location to begin with, but just striking-out in some direction, burning through fluids and calories, hoping to get back to civilzation may have been risking death. In that situation it's hard to say what you would do; stay in your general locale in hopes of search parties or wander off into possible oblivion.

>tl;dr: know which way you went in and what's around
>>
>>1083757
>staying alive for 4 weeks by foraging is fairly hardcore and resourceful

Its really not though, its just dumb luck.

Basically anyone can survive with little to no food for a long time and if you pass by something that looks edible and you eat it you are just doing what literally every animal does without thought
>>
>>1083738
>hurr you don't get tan from spending a month outdoors
See >>1083406, she's tanned.
>>
>>1083783
well she didn't eat the available myriad of poison berries and mushies did she
>>
>>1083791
What poisonous berries and mushies would those be? Which of them did she encounter and how did she know which were good and which were bad?
>>
She disappeared right before a court date she had, and was found right after the charges against her were dismissed.
>>
File: berry.png (61KB, 205x187px) Image search: [Google]
berry.png
61KB, 205x187px
>>1083800
ok I get your point, but I just reckon'd most wild berries and mushies are inedible, as a general rule.
>>
>>1083781
Isn't that the number one thing they drill into your head when you are a little kid? If you ever get lost, in a building, in a city, in the woods, STAY WHERE YOU ARE, so the adults/police/search party can find you when they come looking.
>>
>>1083806
yeah, breddy much
>>
>>1083806
This is only true if somebody actually knows where you are

If you just decided to walk off into the woods without telling anyone your general location, staying where you are is pure retardation
>>
>>1083801
source?
>>
>>1083806
Who would look for her? The two burglars on the run?

But honestly, the major mistake she did was staying roughly in the same space lel
>>
>>1082347
everything
>>
>>1083753
>She was legally blind you dicks
She still is.

strangely enough getting lost for a month doesn't seem to cure blindness.
>>
>>1084284
Blindness is a meme. No one is blind unless they want to ve
>>
She looks better on the left picture.
>>
>>1084307
Because it's photoshopped to hell and back.
>>
>>1083802
if small mammals are eating berries you're probable fine to eat them. Can't trust birds though.
>>
>>1084389

How about if that small mammal happens to be a slut "lost" in the woods?
>>
>>1083802
Well you're reckon'd opinion doesn't hold much weight and you should probably keep it to yourself I reckon ya armchair larper
>>
>>1084389
>can't trust birds

So much this, birds are lying assholes who get off on causing pain and destruction
>>
>>1083757
>>1083765
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/woman-who-survived-month-woods-describes-how-she-survived-n794006

Morons. She is legally blind.
>>
I wonder how many ticks she got.
>>
>legally blind
>radiology student

Even if she has corrective measures, I wouldn't trust her reading my xrays.
>>
>>1084456
Actually, being legally blind and being truly blind are two different things.

Most people who wear glasses are legally blind.

Not only that, but the standard for what is normal eyesight is different in different countries.

So you might meet the legal definition of perfectly fine eyesight, but in a different country could be legally blind.
>>
>>1084467
>most people who wear glasses are legally blind
What the fuck? No.

The (American/Canadian) definition of legally blind is that your vision cannot be better than 20/200 as tested by an optometrist, while utilizing the best corrective lenses available on the market (or have a visual area of less than 5*, such as found with severe or advanced forms of kerataconus). The official term for this is "uncorrectable" vision. The EU standards are similar but worded differently.

The overwhelming majority of people who wear corrective lenses (glasses or contacts) are fully correctable.
>>
>>1082107
They didnt read the article.
>>
I live in Alabama and I can tell you that girl is a fucking retard. And so are most chicks around here.

Lucky she didn't try and eat the wrong shit and die. We got lots of Destroying Angels here. In her defense, some of the underbrush is a bit thick cause of privet but you still have no excuse to not find your way out within a day.

I don't give a fuck if she was legally blind, you can still walk in a straight fucking line.
>>
>>1082441
I get the feeling she wandered out of smut eye
>>
>>1084445
>>1083753

my eyesight is 20/400 (blind af) and despite that i still manage to find my way around my house which im not sure this girl could
>>
File: ace.jpg (18KB, 704x384px) Image search: [Google]
ace.jpg
18KB, 704x384px
>>1085820
Well, i guess she had a real serious amount of bad luck. Glad she made it. Actually i'm impressed. M'lady.
>>
>>1084445
>“When I saw the road it was just … unbelievable,” she said, her voice breaking.
>>
>>1086304
She was just trying to MGTOW her own way.
Stop to making fun of her
>>
Where does it say 5sq miles? All the news reports are saying 1000's of square miles.
>>
>>1086395
it says thousands of acres, if you run the numbers 5 square miles is 3200 acres

it checks out
>>
>>1086396
Fuck me I can't read, thanks for clearing that up for me anon.
>>
>>1086396
20 square miles is also thousands of acres.
so is 200
and 200000
>>
>>1082410

>Friend's gf is coming to pick him up
>She keeps texting him for more details, he keeps giving them, but doesn't understand how she hasn't found him yet
>He calls her and asks about her using her iphone to locate him
>She says "I'M FOLLOWING THE BLUE DOT"
>He keeps telling her, "no, you ARE blue dot"
>She breaks down crying while driving trying to find him

Similar scenario that happened at least weekly with my ex

>be ex
>be lost using phone to get to somewhere
>miss a turn or turn to early, re-routing
>re-routing can't keep up with actual movement
>an endless series of wrong turns and re-direction
>she calls me panicking, I tell her where I am using street names and North/South/East/West
>she literally can not comprehend anything beyond doing what the turn-by-turn directions tell her, looking at a map herself and figuring it out doesn't work

Look, I'm not sexist, and not all women are this way, but in my experience most women under 30 have no sense of direction or map skills. I'm not even an avid outdoorsman, but I can figure out directions from the sun for fuck's sake, and used shadows once before smartphones were the norm when I was lost in a new city to find my way to a major highway because I already knew where it was before hand
>>
>>1083802
not if you find them in cabins
>>
>>1082360
My girlfriend has a masters degree in mathematics, all the tropes still apply no matter what
>>
>not bringing a handheld GPS and solar charger with you at all times
>>
>>1084497
If she is really legally blind then how could she have posted those selfies or even been able to identify edible plants from non edible plants?
>>
>>1085820
How are you able to navigate the internet with that kind of eyesight?
>>
>>1082360
Women get most of the master degrees in math now due to affirmative action (quotas), women only scholarships and it being the easiest STEM. it's basically just memorizing stuff with no practical application or use in society
>>
something is off with her story, I bet she was off on some bender and made the whole thing up
>>
How is her surviving with no food for a month a big deal? Anyone can do that. There are fat people who have fasted for over a year before and they turned out great, lost tons of weight with zero permanent damage to their metabolism or muscles.
>>
>>1086831
>There are fat people who have fasted for over a year
Kek
No can live a yeat without food no matter how fat
>>
>>1082067
>lost in a 5sq mile forst for 28 days.

Holy fuck, I'd have died of boredom after seeing every damn tree in the place over 5 times. That is why I mostly through-hike.
>>
>>1086884
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/07/24/3549931.htm

http://cristivlad.com/total-starvation-382-days-without-food-study/

https://youtu.be/pR64wOmDlxI
>>
>>1086911
Those are Karl Pilkington tier sources mate!
>>
>>1086906
Do you just hike the AT or PCT over and over?
>>
Hahahahahahaha!

Bitch was high on meth.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4810060/amp/Cops-Woman-month-woods-high-meth.html
>>
>>1083718
>she did the right thing getting away from the thugs
lol i fucking hate whiteknights like you who think women cant do anything wrong. you really think an innocent woman would drive to a forest with two thugs without knowing why? cmon
>>
>>1086987
also she was on meth

>muh innocent wamen
>>
>>1086986
everyone in Alabama is high on meth, that's not some surprising thing.

meth doesn't keep you high for a month.
>>
>>1083099
Look up "Idaho deformed mountain lion"
>>
>>1086958
I never hike the same thing twice. For what purpose?
>>
>>1087006
Coincidence?

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2960
>>
File: Untitled.png (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>1086943
One has the original scientific paper,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/pdf/postmedj00315-0056.pdf
>>
>>1082800
I would stabby stabby myself with a pokey bit before i ate random mushrooms. It would be a quicker way to die
>>
woman are whores
>>
>>1086986
ran off with their drugs and got blitzed the whole time

what a surprise
>>
>>1087100
no way she was on meth for a month without a mcdonalds nearby.

the caloric requirements alone are staggering.
>>
I'm not sure if I'm extremely disappointed one can be so stupid or impressed someone so dumb survived a month in a forest.
>>
File: 1459129405578.gif (580KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1459129405578.gif
580KB, 300x375px
>>1086831
Thats nothing, friend of a friend did it for two years and three days. Gotta go fast, he said, gotta go, fast.
>>
shoudnt she have lost a lot more weight?
>>
>>1087013
he was deprived of calories but mineral and vitamin was supplemented and carefully monitored. but it's interesting nevertheless. seems like with a bit of foraging even if you don't meet your caloric requirement you can stay alive a hell of a long time.
>>
File: 630.jpg (40KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
630.jpg
40KB, 620x372px
Reminds me of this story. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/26/hiker-who-went-missing-on-appalachian-trail-survived-26-days-before-dying

>woman is hiking
>goes off trail to piss
>gets lost and dies a month later
>>
>>1082067
>getting lost in a copse
>>
>>1087268
Lucky she didn't turn to a corpse
>>
>>1082079
why can't you drink out of puddles? I did it once when I was really drunk and got completely lost
>>
>>1087279
Chances of getting sick from standing water from bacteria and parasites are really high in standing water. You're really lucky.
>>
>>1087292
if the sun was hitting the puddle for long enough hours and it was not deep chances are it's gonna be okay. i wouldn't do that tho. if i want to drink shit water i just go to india and drink from the tap.
>>
>>1082575
My sixth grade teacher taught orienteering in the Army and taught all us kids, we were little shits but we all learned VERY QUICKLY.

I can't understand how a military person could manage to get out of basic training without this knowledge, aren't there manuals and shit you're supposed to read?
>>
>>1087021
There aren't really that many deadly poisonous shrooms though.
>>
>>1087206
Yes, but the length of time is directly proportional to how much fat you have stored. I think it was around 1lbs of fat per day he lost for the time he lost the most per day. To see what happens when you run out of fat, read about Christopher McCandless. He steadily lost weight at an overall average of 0.54lbs a day until he died (83lbs).

>>1087392
>if the sun was hitting the puddle for long enough hours and it was not deep chances are it's gonna be okay
>chances
>it's gonna be okay

You are full of shit, good sir.
>>
>>1086986
>George Oswald, the father of Randall Oswald, says his son has questions to answer but adds: 'But if she's a sweet little princess who got lost in the woods for all this time then I'm the f***ing Pope - it's just not possible.'
>>
>>1087474
Burn the coal
>>
No wonder she wasn't found
>>
>>1086831
>There are fat people who have fasted for over a year before and they turned out great,
You cant really believe that.
>>
>>1082067

Look at this bitch. Alone in the forest for a month with no fire or gun? She's dead, this is a skinwalker.
>>
File: 123fa3bb16.jpg (32KB, 552x360px) Image search: [Google]
123fa3bb16.jpg
32KB, 552x360px
>>1087470

It was the poison from the Wild potato seeds that is believe to be what led to McCandless death from starvation, people in starvation mode are more vulnerable to the toxin that causes weakness and paralysis which he was at the time, leading to his death.

http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/how-chris-mccandless-died

People can go for quite a while without food if they have water, she was also foraging so she wasn't totally hopeless. Looking at all her pictures of her just absolutely covered in insect bites, I think I'd have covered myself in mud befor the first day was done.
>>
>>1087470
>You are full of shit, good sir.
are you retarded? nothing small survives uv radiation for long. except maybe water bears those fuckers survive anything.
>>
>>1087529

Factually true statement, you think bears waste all that time in the fall fattening up for nothing?
>>
>>1082067
Looks like a pre historic cave woman lol
>>
>>1087609
Bears aren't people.
>>
Well, She's legally blind, that would explain being lost in the woods while high AF.

>>1087614
/lgbt/ called, they'd like a word with you about tolerance and fat shaming.
>>
>>1087581
Don't start that shit, troll.
>>
>>1087616
Well, they can go suck a dick ah!....wait ah for fuck sake.
>>
>>1086626
My wife is actually really good at math. Still can't read a map to save her life though. Uses google maps for everything.
>>
"Theris, who suffers from bipolar disorder and is legally blind due to a chronic eye condition, was reported missing by her father Bill on July 23, five days after he last heard from her. "

Blind, crazy, and on drugs. I'm starting to see how she could be lost for a month in such a small area.
>>
>>1087821
>blind
>crazy
>on meth
>Hooter's waitress
>a woman

Hmmm...

>>1082360
About 25ish years ago. I worked at a pizza place for a year. I was the delivery guy. The entire staff and owner were all woman. They had this giant map of the town on the counter top, under the glass. Not one of them could read the map and tell you where it to go (I was new to the town). All their directions were like, "go to the end of the street, until you reach the big red house, turn right, go until you see the yard with all the kid's toys, turn left, stop at the blue house with white trim, but not Mable's house, the one after that."

I was really really glad they had the map. You couldn't buy a map like that because the town was so small that it was only a dot on the latest road map. The internet didn't exist then in that place and smartphones and cellphones weren't a thing there either. I ended up hand drawing my own map.
>>
>>1087410
Yes, you are required to pass a (fairly easy) practical skills test during both daytime and nighttime in order to graduate basic training. Yes, there are a lot of official resources out there for it, and yes units (are supposed to) do refresher training every 6 months where you are again required to pass a (non-complicated) practical skills assessment. It's also a testable skill for enlisted promotion.

>>1087411
Doesn't have to outright kill you if you're so ridiculously sick all you're doing is sitting in the fetal position shitting yourself for a week, or delirious/hallucinating and wander into danger.
>>
>>1087638
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_water_disinfection
>SODIS is already applied in numerous developing countries.
>trolling
pick one
>>
>>1088000
>posting something that has nothing to do with a fucking puddle.

You tard. Don't drink from a puddle. A puddle and SODIS are incomparable.
>>
>>1088002
if the puddle is not too deep same concept applies. about the top 10cm of water gets completely disinfected by a few hours of sunlight.
it doesn't really matter what container the water is in.
>>
>>1088013
>about the top 10cm of water gets completely disinfected by a few hours of sunlight.
That's where you're wrong. It's about 2cm, if the water is perfectly clear. In a mud puddle, the water is cloudy and will not be purified by UV.
>>
>>1087509
I don't get it?
>>
File: 1501353436776.gif (3MB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
1501353436776.gif
3MB, 300x231px
>>1088013
>>1088413
>>1088000
>>1087581
>>1087392
>>1087279
>if
>maybe
>might
>chances are
>muh incorrectly applied broscience
>muh anecdotal

Don't drink from a puddle, period. Wait, no, go ahead, drink from every puddle you find. Yeah, do that. Then don't post on /out/ ever again, kid.
>>
>>1082067
Blacked
>>
>>1082184
We already knew that since she was a woman.
>>
>>1088514
argument was that you can be completely fine drinking from a puddle if it got enough sun. and it's true. there are a lot of things to consider obviously like actual sun exposure time depth debris etc.

i imagine the math works out like this: you will die of dehydration a 100% if you don't drink water and you have 5% chance of getting sick vomit and diarrhea if you drink from a puddle you think it should be safe but you lose your wager. will you drink it? most people do.
>>
>>1088561
Why not boil the fucking water and be done with it?
>>
>>1088670
no reason if you can assuming you have fire and a metal container
>>
>>1088744
You can boil water in a paper cup
>>
>>1088561
>argument was that you can be completely fine drinking from a puddle if it got enough sun. and it's true

No, that is not true at all. Stop giving bullshit broscience. Don't pull random lying % out of your ass either.
>>
>>1088747
Easier to puddle water in an earthen depression
>>
>>1088422

I am guessing it's the patch of forest she got lost in. It's small as fuck and surrounded by roads. Don't you think that by the third fucking day she'd listen for cars or use the sun for direction?
>>
>>1088767
Easier to bring water
>>
>>1088796
But if not there is always puddle
>>
>>1088775
Well, she's a woman and from the south. That's a veritable backing soda and vinegar of retardation.
>>
>>1088514
The point is that even if someone is retarded enough not to know to find a spring or boil surface water it would still be to their advantage to drink puddle water rather than dehydrate themselves to death more often than not.
>>
File: 1494808237982.jpg (13KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
1494808237982.jpg
13KB, 354x352px
>>1088933
That's not good enough. There has to be more to it.
>>1088953
>>
>>1088953
Nah, did't you know that that puddle water kills you?
>>
>>1088747
>You can boil water in a paper cup
neat trick got any vids? i have seen it with green bamboo sure but not with paper.
>>
>>1088751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFhuDIL-LHw
>>
>>1088796
if you can bring water for 28 days you are the fucking hulk
>>
>>1089221

I did it at a family"camping" trip to prove a point.

The whole theory is that water evaporates off below the burning point of the paper, so the cup never gets above the ignition temperature of the paper unless you run out of water.

You can also cook bacon in a paper bag by the same principle, but I have never tried that.
>>
>>1089227

25 gallons is only 200 pounds. It's a strain but not outright impossible.
>>
>>1089355
yeah i get that how it could work with tinfoil or something like that but paper is not a particularly good conductor of heat. one would expect the outside gets burning easily unless the water soaks the paper which is unlikely in case of paper cups.
>>
>>1089360
It's not a long term solution you mong and neither is drinking out of puddles
>>
File: 2 waters 1 cup.jpg (113KB, 1133x749px) Image search: [Google]
2 waters 1 cup.jpg
113KB, 1133x749px
>>1089360
>one would expect the outside gets burning easily unless the water soaks the paper
One would be retarded for expecting that.

which is ok, most are retarded. Perfectly normal to be abnormally dim.
>>
>>1082067
To be honest, my ma is actually the one who taught me how to skin a squirrel and start a friction fire, and my aunt taught me how to gut a fish. If it weren't for those women I'd probablly never have been an outdoor lover. It's not that women are idiots with the outdoors, it's that some people just don't bother to learn.
>>
>>1089426
This is what vagina supremacists believe
>>
>>1089426
What a bunch of crap
>>
File: 1363113369550.jpg (158KB, 850x866px) Image search: [Google]
1363113369550.jpg
158KB, 850x866px
>>1087210
>The camp was less than two miles from the Appalachian trail. Adam wrote that walking south from the campsite, the dense forest became open woods with good visibility after 60-70 yards, and after another 25 minutes he found “a clear logging road” that led to lodging. In total the walk took about 30 minutes.
>>
>>1083313
>>1083406
She's qt af now
>>
unrelated to this one but

>http://www.ouest-france.fr/societe/faits-divers/annecy-une-femme-jette-son-megot-par-la-fenetre-sa-voiture-prend-feu-5203345

In frogspeak, here's a quick rundown :
>throw cig's butt by the window
>it comes back in the car
>burns the car and her too (she's not dead though)
>the burning car almost hit the gas pump of a gas station
>>
>>1089374
you can clearly see on all images the paper gets burnt tho. who is the retard exactly?
>>
>>1089811
You
>>
>>1088796
Easier to walk an hour to the road and get a ride to the 7-11
>>
>>1089818
nah it's definitely you
>>
>>1090031
You are just butthurt because your peabrain cannot comprehend reality. Sucks to be you
>>
>>1082067

>5sq mile forest

just walk east till your out?
>>
>>1082198
>In her defense, untrained, lost humans travel in circles
You could literally walk in the direction of the sun and get out within hours. It's not being untrained, it's being a fucking retard that can't think logically.
>>
File: 1501353571176.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501353571176.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>1089687
was this her first time in the woods or what
>>
File: 1279670427159.png (79KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1279670427159.png
79KB, 1680x1050px
>>1087021
>>1087411
>>1082800
>>
>>1090456
what a garbage infographic
>>
>>1089687
keep in mind this was a demented old woman who didn't know how to read maps and was afraid of the dark
>>
>>1083802
>ywn berry ur dDiKk
>>
>>1082067
Women's brains are not designed for orienteering.
>>
>>1082190
>dumb
You start by being dumb (and probably intoxicated, which explains why she wandered off in the first place)
Then you add sleep deprivation, exhaustion, dehydration and low blood sugar and you end up as a literal retard
>>
>>1089811
Then heat some rocks in the fire and place those in the cup if you want to anal about it.
>>
File: 1433842267116.jpg (20KB, 433x462px) Image search: [Google]
1433842267116.jpg
20KB, 433x462px
>>1090140
>not walking south
>>
>>1082305
>Can't have muddy clothes and socks chafing you.
Yeah no way they could ever be cleaned and dried best chance to survive unchafed is to throw them fuckers in a river.

Ask me how I know you are a woman.
>>
>>1083300
Yeah basically this. Although that might explain her orange skin and weight loss
She probably shat her pants and decided to not wear them
>>
>>1083406
Liver damage. She'll be dead in 2 years
>>
>>1082067
She would've been able to hear the highway that was only like 1/4 mile away. Something is fucked up here. I hope she gets a bill for the search efforts.
>>
>>1092403
Bitch escaped a rape cabin, explains
>being butt-naked
>end up in the dense part of the forest (to hide)
>not managing to find her way out sooner (she didnt try out of fear of being recaptured)
>>
>>1090461
Worse then garbage - it could get someone killed.
>>
>>1087292
Which is worse - dying of dehydration in the short term or getting a parasite that'll kill you in the long term, assuming you don't get medical treatment?
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.