[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/, I'm not from here but I need some mycologist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: shroom3.jpg (146KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
shroom3.jpg
146KB, 816x612px
Hey /out/, I'm not from here but I need some mycologist help.

These giant shrooms are growing in my lawn. I've tried to identify them through internet references, but it's not helping.

So far I think I've narrowed it down to two... One is delicious and has recipes I can try. The other is deadly poisonous.
If it's edible I'm gonna eat it.
>>
File: shroom2.jpg (114KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
shroom2.jpg
114KB, 816x612px
The biggest one is wider than my hand, friggin huge. It's soft on top and has little scales. Spores appear to be brown or dark green, I can't really tell.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 816x612px
Underside
>>
Post a spore print and I can give a solid answer
>>
>>1081346
It just rained, unfortunately I wasn't able to go out there and get it before then. But my buddy on /ck/ says they're "amanita bisporigera" which are poisonous?

I just wanna know if I should eat or destroy them.
>>
File: green.jpg (66KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
green.jpg
66KB, 816x612px
Did my own research. By which I mean I took a plastic spoon and kept poking it until it did something suspicious.

It's a green-spored parasol. Toxic. No snacks for me.
>>
File: IMG_8836.gif (2MB, 637x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8836.gif
2MB, 637x479px
Yeah poisonous. Good find though. Can use to kill your enemies. That's why I dry out the poison ones
>>
File: IMAG0171.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0171.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>1081346
Where were you like 3 weeks ago...
>>
Most cap mushrooms and gilled mushrooms are poisonous, shiitake and crimini are pretty much the only good exceptions. Look for the ugly or freakish-looking ones like reiki, morel, maitake, lion's mane and chanterelle.
>>
>>1081348
Always taste the shroom before deciding to throw them out.
>>
>>1081866
false
>>
Chlorophyllum molybdites aka Destroying Angel, nope!
>>
File: A_jacksonii.jpg (174KB, 800x407px) Image search: [Google]
A_jacksonii.jpg
174KB, 800x407px
>>1081866
This guy gets it! If you don't have much experience in identifying and foraging mushrooms, stay out of buttons and parasol mushrooms. Most of mushrooms growing from wood aren't poisonous. But always make sure to never eat any kind of mushroom raw! One more thing to note is if you have gained enough experience, be sure to look out for pic related. The only edible clade of Amanita, Caesar's Mushroom. I swear to God they gotta be the most aesthetic mushroom out there. Part of the reason I wish I'm in the temperate zone instead of in the tropics, so many varieties of edible mushrooms there.
>>
>>1083124
I was wrong tho C. molybdites isn't Destroying Angel, but nevertheless still poisonous
>>
File: f_Beznzvu3m_fde29ca.jpg (138KB, 432x275px) Image search: [Google]
f_Beznzvu3m_fde29ca.jpg
138KB, 432x275px
>>1081866
Retarded. I am living in Czech republic and there is the mushroom picking the national hobby. There are lots of healthy and tasty gill edible shrooms but they are generally harder to indetify. But it's not impossible for an amateur. For example Macrolepiota procera, Amanita rubescens, Russula and Lactarius species.

If you're beginner you should find publication about your local species or find local mycology club if there is any. Also, learn to identify lookalikes and start with boletus species, chicken of the wood, morels. In fact, there are not many shrooms which will kill an adult healthy person. It's really simple. Just don't be a faggot and don't eat shroom you can't identify. Also, learn to spore print.
>>
>>1083166
I won't risk it for M. procera and A. rubescens tho, especially if you just started foraging "agaric" mushrooms.

Good "ground agarics' to start I think are wine caps and ceps.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Best for starters chicken of the woods,boletes with some research chantrels and maybe hen of the woods pic is chicken of the woods my favorite found it yestersay
>>
>>1081866
This is a blatantly false statement.
>>
>>1081369
>green-spored parasol
"Chlorophyllum molybdites is the poisonous mushroom most frequently eaten in North America.[1] The symptoms are predominantly gastrointestinal in nature, with vomiting, diarrhea and colic, often severe, occurring 1–3 hours after consumption.[2] Although these poisonings can be severe, none has yet resulted in death."

DO IT FAGGOT
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.