[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth going /out/ if every day is like 95 degrees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 61b.jpg (13KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
61b.jpg
13KB, 259x259px
Is it even worth going /out/ if every day is like 95 degrees and up? What do you wear, what do you bring, how long are your trips?
>>
Yes, it can be fun. Wear lightweight synthetic clothes and bring lots of water. If it gets too hot find some shade. I don't sleep overnight at those temps though, cause waking up dehydrated and in a pool of sweat sucks. daytrips are good though.
>>
File: DSC_0526.jpg (2MB, 1473x2200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0526.jpg
2MB, 1473x2200px
>>1080642
>Is it even worth going /out/ if every day is like 95 degrees and up?
95 degrees during the day is nothing. When it doesn't drop below 95 degrees at night is the best, keeps the plebs away
>What do you wear
Sunscreen
>what do you bring
water
>how long are your trips?
Depends how much PTO I have
>>
Find some shade and fish or bring mates and bring beer.

Sleep under the stars or just a tarp, it's nice when it's that warm.

I usually hike in just a t shirt and shorts, wear synthetic type underwear from an athletic brand like nike or reebok, it stays comfy.

Don't over think it, stick to shorter trips like 3-5 days, it's fun.
>>
>>1080642
I dont even wanna ride my motorcycle in those temps.. Feels like a hairdryer on max. And youre an ant.
>>
>>1080746

Bugs don't bother you in shorts?
>>
>>1081534
too dry here for most bugs and i usually go mountainy as well where there's like none
>>
>>1080642
I wake up early when I sleep outside. It's always nice and cool in the mornings so I cover about half my daily miles before 10. Always cooler under the canopy so stay in the forest. Might be cooler by water but if bugs breed there stay away.

Wear running shorts and those uniqlo airism mesh shirts. They're cheap and keep you cool. I wouldn't count on them to be durable though.
>>
>>1080642
>Summer
>Dog Days
>105F in the shade
>95% humidity

I pretty much wear as little as the law will allow. A massive hat (sombreros are the bomb) is essential when in the sun and I'm in the sun the entire time.

>90F
>100% humidity
>raining
>2am

Someone just fucking kill me already. I'm so glad Dog Days are nearly over and things are cooling down in a major way.
>>
>>1080642
Bodies of water are your friend in the heat. I have a big dog who is even more heat sensitive than me, so when it is hotter than heck I go backpacking along a river, or canoeing is good too. Basically so you can jump in the water whenever you feel like it. What I were: synthetic shorts, find a pair with built in banana hammock that don't chafe, t-shirt and hat. If you are pasty bring sunblock. My wife is a viking and likes that aerosol stuff, cause it doesn't feel slimy when you sweat through it. I do my daily run in the middle of the day with lots of water, to help aclamate to the heat, (moved from Oregon to Texas) then when i am just strolling along trails etc. It doesn't feel as insane.
>>
A friend of mine brought a mylar umbrella for the desert section of the PCT. Said it worked really well and was a bit of lifesaver.
>>
Well I live in the desert so I'm wearing long sleeves if I'm going hiking for extended periods. Bring 8 liters or so of water and plan my routes around areas I can fill up / filter. I take week-long trips pretty regularly since my job is working for a conservation corps. 95 isn't bad at all, especially if you're lucky enough to have shade. Of course, east coast is another ballgame since it's so damn humid.
>>
>>1082203
>mylar [sun] umbrella
See, now THIS is a good use for Mylar. It's awesome at reflecting heat, but it transfers heat through contact like crazy. I cringe whenever I see someone post about trying to use a Mylar blanket in lieu of a sleeping bag.

>>1080642
I think so. You may not. If you choose to go /out/ in the heat, your top priority is hydration. Protection from the sun (lightweight light-colored baggy clothes, floppy hat, whatever) is also important. Remember, sweat's sole purpose is to keep you cool through evaporation.
>>
> not knowing how to out
Honestly 95f is considered a good temp for me sleeping especially so relaxing
>>
File: 5455305252_2f3844488c.jpg (142KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
5455305252_2f3844488c.jpg
142KB, 500x332px
>>1082018
>>
File: Capture+_2017-08-13-11-15-09.png (719KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-08-13-11-15-09.png
719KB, 1440x2392px
>>1082018

This. Fuck North Texas in August.

Pic very related.
>>
>>1080642
Definitely
>What do you wear,
Shorts, T-shirts, wool socks (one set worn, one set packed. Then bathe, change, wash the dirties and hang 'em up to dry overnight)
>what do you bring,
Rice, fishing pole, something to sleep in and cook with
>how long are your trips?
A few days to a few months, depending on whether you count resupplies as stopping
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.