[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been gardening for exactly one summer now, and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So I've been gardening for exactly one summer now, and I need advice. I started without really reading anything, and haven't really read anything yet, so if there's a good resource I'm missing out on, let me know.

I started with one of those jiffy greenhouse kits and the associated light. I would plant 2-3 or more in each peat pellet, let them sprout, and then transfer ~ 3 pellets of the same kind of plant into a degradable pot with potting soil. I kept that under the light and let the plants grow out, cutting any dying plants. By they end I was usually left with 2-3 healthy plants per pot. I then planted the pots into my garden, which is essentially two square meters of garden soil and topsoil mixed and put inside these plastic walls, so the garden was raised (essentially pic related for how the walled garden structure was, only mine has different plants). I would water them occasionally and just let them do their ting.

My harvest of cayenne peppers, cucumbers, okra, sage, basil, and several other plants has been exceptional, by any standard (not that I have experienced frame of reference). The plants are growing healthily and there are lots of vegetables in my house now, enough for my family of five to all have enough.

What steps in my process from germination to harvest are unnecessary? What can I do to improve my time efficiency? Honestly the whole jiffy greenhouse thing is messy and takes a while.
>>
Just throw the seeds in your garden and fuck it then harvest
>>
>>1080053
sounds good
>>
>>1080044
>I started without really reading anything, and haven't really read anything yet
This checks out.
>>1080044

>>1074788
>>
>>1080044
>What steps in my process from germination to harvest are unnecessary?
Everything. Those plants have grown and adapted to be as efficient as possible at living. You could never hope to be as good at gardening as plants are at growing.

Just make sure that they get watered if the soil gets too dry and you replace the lost nutrients with some compost at the end of the year, nature will do the rest.
>>
Is it too late to plant peppers this year I got some seeds and maybe plant them
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.