[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you had time to prepare for being stranded with little food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1566.jpg (175KB, 500x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1566.jpg
175KB, 500x665px
If you had time to prepare for being stranded with little food would you try and
gain as much weight as possible beforehand
or
fast to acclimatise your body to the effects of starvation?
>>
>>1076883
Take it from a life long underweight guy; just because you're used to burning more calories than you're consuming, it doesn't mean you won't still feel the ill-effects of that. You'll still get dizzy, feel tired etc, but you start thinking of that as normalcy.
Thing is most underweight people still eat enough to not die.
>>
The body is inefficient at storing energy. The conversion rate is about 14%.
You'd need to eat 25,000 excess calories to put on 1lb of fat.
>>
>>1076904
>You'd need to eat 25,000 excess calories to put on 1lb of fa
not true.
6000 excess will add a pound
>>
>>1076883
Pretty sure a significant amount of fat can buy you up to a few extra days so I’d go with that one. You could potentially go both.
>>
>>1077041

still not true.

1lb of fat equals 3500 calories.
>>
>>1077078
>1lb of fat equals 3500 calories.
What's with all these people spreading lies on /out/
300 excess calories are a pound of gained weight
>>
>>1077087
This is getting fucking stupid.

OP, 1lb of fat is 71.5 calories. Look it up.
>>
>>1076883
>If you had time to prepare...
C) Gather more food.
>>
>>1077117
Fuck off with your lies. 1lb of calories is about 350 fats.
>>
>>1077117
>>1077156

What if you both just provided sources?
>>
>>1076883
Fast, it's easier to haul around your reduced weight frame while malnourished than it is for a fatass.
>>
>>1077087
>>1077117
>>1077156

1lb fat is 3500 calories
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13594881
>>
>>1077078
It takes energy to store energy. Thus, you need to eat more than you want to store in order to actually store it. But nothing like >>1076904 The type of food you eat also plays a role due to your own gut flora. You may be extremely well suited to eat beans and gain tons of weight, but your friend, who has different guy flora may find it harder to gain weight from beans.

>>1076883
If you really are in a survival situation you should have at least 10lbs of fat weight to last you a little over 10 days in extreme fasting mode. That is normally more than enough for you to get out of whatever situation you are in and get back to a more steady diet. That is why fat exists after all.

You should not be underweight as your body will start eating organs, bones, and eventually your brain will be affected. The hardest part for most people when fasting is the initial switch over. Their body is more suited for instant energy. Most usually that's shit like soda and easily digestible processed foods. When such people begin fasting they get extremely cranky and can experience lethargy and dizziness. After a few days these symptoms will pass as the body switches over to and better utilizes its long term energy storage system.
>>
>>1077178
It really depends. If I put on 20 pounds, it's really not harder to move around.
If I'm starved, I'm really good for a lot less work. And then only for about a week before lethargy and depression combine to basically stop all physical exertion.
>>
Are fat chicks legal in muslim countries?
>>
>>1077228
Nope. Thicc is the biggest they can go.
>>
>>1077228
>eggs
>margarine
>dairy
Haha no.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.