[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /out/ is this crossbow worth my while for hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (131KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 1024x768px
Hello /out/ is this crossbow worth my while for hunting deer and turkeys
>>
>>1075780
>storebrand
No
>crossbow
Hope you're able to prove you're medically disabled or live in one the like 3 states that allows crossbow hunting for fucking anything
>>
>>1075917
Not op and I'm kind of a newfag but I want to get /out/ more, can you hunt small game with it? If I don't have a hunting license and I kill some squrilles or something, how much trouble can I get in? (I live in Canada)
>>
Honestly, you can get a decent compound bow for around that price, and a really good one for $300 more. This is before arrows, a release and a decent sight. Also stay away from store brands.

I was faced with the choice between getting a compound bow and crossbow, and I'm really glad I went the compound bow route. Much lighter, so you can spot and stalk, or hunt out of treestands/blinds. If you have to take a follow up shot because you missed and the animal didn't run off, you can take one in less than 10 seconds, as opposed to having to recock the crossbow after loading a bolt.

It's going to take a little time to get consistent though. It took me about 2 months to get good out to 40 yards, and I practiced 1-2 times a week.
>>
>>1076017
Why would you spend 900$ on a fucking crossbow to shoot squirrels?

Buy a red ryder or slingshot jesus man.
>>
>>1076017
Even here in the states you could get hit with poaching for that. For the money on that crossbow you could buy your licence and a .22, cheapo pump shotgun, and some other hunting gear
>>
>$1000 store brand camp xbow

topkek
>>
>>1076017
You COULD hunt small game with a crossbow, but the one in the OP is so ridiculously overpowered you're gonna bury every bolt you shoot either completely innaground and not find it or so far into the tree you'll never get it back out (assuming it doesn't outright shatter).

For reference, I hunt squirrels with a 45lb recurve bow and ninja points. About 1 in 3 shots I destroy an arrow, and it doesn't matter if I'm buying the cheapshit chink ones off aliexpress or the good hunting arrows, or whether they're wood, aluminum, or graphite.

Not too familiar with Canada's hunting law violation penalties but if you were in the US you'd be looking at anywhere from a $1000 fine to up to 10 years in prison for hunting squirrels without a license.
>>
>>1076210
>>1076138
>>1076124
I see, thanks for the help
>>
>>1076019
>It's going to take a little time to get consistent though
That's true of crossbows too. If you're completely new to shooting anything you're gonna be all over the place with a crossbow. I sell them and I see it literally every day.
>guy comes in wants a crossbow
>but he's a cheap bastard so he's looking at the sub-$300 Barnett POS's
>take him into archery lane to "test fire" (stupid test) it
>bolt in the wall, bolt in the ceiling, bolt in the target hanger bracket, nothing in the target
>at 10 yards
>him: "this crossbow's a piece of shit!"
>me: yeah but that's not causing you to miss
>take it from him
>proceed to put 3 bolts touching each other
>he then insists on trying the $1000 Tenpoint
>bolt in wall, bolt in ceiling, bolt in other wall
>"this crossbow's a piece of shit!"
>no motherfucker, you just can't fucking shoot
>take it from him
>proceed to put 3 bolts touching each other
>>
>>1076221
Why would you make something like this up?
>>
>>1076484
Nigger have you ever worked retail? People check their IQ's at the door and proceed to dumb it up all over the place.

I also watch people dry-fire bows and crossbows constantly, almost always 10 seconds after me specifically telling them not to and why not to
>okay this is [bow], NEVER dry fire it, the bow will fly apart and hurt you
>customer: "Like this?" [dry fires, bow fucking explodes, guy gets cuts on his arms] "OMG it flew apart just like you said and it hurts I'm suing!"
>>
>>1076649
How difficult is it to get them to pay for the bow at that point?
>>
>>1076649
Nigga any non retarded store would have locks on the strings & cables to prevent dryfiring and stupid shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.