[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought me a new bike. Since I'm fat I'm trying to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: 18141337.jpg (3MB, 1600x1992px) Image search: [Google]
18141337.jpg
3MB, 1600x1992px
Bought me a new bike. Since I'm fat I'm trying to get in shape. Since I'm moving my body I rather do it outside and see the landscape than doing it inside and worse probably in front of a mirror.

However, I barely made it on top of the bike as I can only rise my leg so much while being fat. Pretty much anything on the package carrier an I either fail getting on top or kick that something off the carrier.

Being fat sucks. Since I finished complaining, make this thread a biking general or something.
>>
Good on you, mate
>>
>>1075529
It sucks now but keep at it. You'll get there, mate
>>
>>1075531
>>1075533
Thanks.
>>
File: todd_barry.jpg (155KB, 246x312px) Image search: [Google]
todd_barry.jpg
155KB, 246x312px
Diet is way more important than exercise for fattys.
Try fasting, it will reset your fatty pa tatty hormone responses
>>
>>1075529
You are in for a treat OP. Keep riding, and you will quickly find what sapped you two weeks ago, and made you feel like death, hardly has you sweating today. Cycling is addicting, rewarding, and very easy to advance at. Keep going, and you will see progress.

What is your diet like? A healthy diet, specifically with more water, and less soda will help you ride father faster.
>>
>>1075551
>>1075554
I did a diet a few years ago. Managed to get my weight down to ideal weight. Then I lost my job and had a hard time readjusting energy intake with reduced energy consumption. I got fat again.

Getting older, dieting alone just doesn't cut it. Maybe to disgestive system gets more efficient or something?

I realized I have to do something. I hate running, and while hiking or even just walking is boring (you don't get far being fat). I always liked going by bike but didn't own one for 15 years or so.
>>
>>1075529
Get a recumbent bike.
>>
>>1075580
Those things scare me to death. Not only I would feel incredibly ashamed lying there like a lazy fat fuck, litterally every car driver I know complains about those low profile death traps. It's not worth it, and I still can go by regular bike even when I only barely manage to get on top of it.
>>
>>1075566
>readjusting energy intake with reduced energy consumption. I got fat again.
This is a myth.
If you over eat, no amount of exercise will save you.
Try fasting
>>
File: cyclists-on-recumbent-bike.jpg (102KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
cyclists-on-recumbent-bike.jpg
102KB, 800x542px
>>1075580
This. I came to post this.

>>1075595
Get some of those flags that stick up. They are for safety. It is worth it. It's either that or you get a rowing machine.

https://www.google.com/search?q=recumbent+bike+flag&tbm=isch

Being fat is fucking murder on your joints. If you hop on a normal bike you are going to kill your joins and pelvis. Low impact, low stress is what you need. A recumbent bike, a rowing machine, or in an actual row boat are the best ways to lose weight safely. Once you get down to a normal weight then you can use whatever you want. Don't try to run when all you need to do is walk (literally.) Hell, I even made a recumbent electric generator I can use while on the PC or in any chair really.

>>1075566
>>1075598
Ideally you should lose weight 1 pound a week to prevent the body from producing more ghrelin. Ghrelin is responsible for making you ravenously hungry when you diet. The effects can last fucking years. It is the #1 reason people rubberband so much.
>>
>>1075598
How is that a myth? I just told you how it was. If you don't use up the energy you take in it's always "overeating" so you basically supported and denied what I wrote in the very same post. It's not like I chunks of cheese with bacon or who knows what you imagine there.
>>
>>1075611
Exercise will not make you thin.
Google that shit.
Do yoi have any idea how long on your bike it takes to burn just a few hundred calories .
Here is a hint, once you are past 25 you have to eat less.
>>
>>1075529
walk
>>
File: 4636530897_c6faaa057f_o.jpg (309KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
4636530897_c6faaa057f_o.jpg
309KB, 600x467px
>>1075529
Fellow fat cyclist here, lean the bike to the side when you're trying to get your leg over it. Also consider these for carrying packages.
>>
>>1075613
I know why I got fat and I know how to not stay fat. I don't need you or google to confirm or deny it. I know what I'm doing. I choose to ride a bike and will do so. Now go cry in some corner or something. I don't mind people giving advice or opinions but I'm not going to argue with you over this.
>>
>>1075613
Exercise helps and is essential for good cardiovascular health. Riding hard for an hour can burn 1000 calories.
>>
>>1075617
I got me sidebags already, thanks. Got a man bike, there is a bar in the middle. It's easier to swing the leg from the back than "stepping" over the bar. With that said I naturally also lean the bike and this is the limit. If this wouldn't work, the only thing left is lying the bike on the ground, stepping over it and rise it between my short fat legs and I don't want my new bike getting scratched up on the ground.
>>
>>1075608
I love how the OP is ignoring this post. Obviously OP is either a troll or a colossal retard or both I suppose.
>>
>>1075627
There is nothing to comment on though. I already got a new bike and rest is irrelevant for me.
>>
>>1075598
>If you over eat, no amount of exercise will save you.
Tautology detected.
>>
>>1075627
It's pretty bad advice to be honest.
>>
>>1075630
Except you can't even get on your bike. Trade it in for a recumbent.
>>
>>1075640
>t. contrarian
>>
>>1075619
>I know why I got fat and I know how to not stay fat
Actually I dont think you do fully understand if you think you can lose weight by just exercise
>>
>>1075641
no
>>1075643
Actually I dont think you do fully understand if you think you can argue by just posting.
>>
>>1075642
No, just rational. "Get a recumbent" is almost always bad advice, but recumbent zealots seem to think it's the answer to everything. Implying that riding a normal bike is high impact and strains your joints is idiotic.
>>
>>1075598
Tell that to the Rock who eats over a dozen pancakes in one sitting.
>>
>>1075769
The Rock has big mooskels, so he needs more food.
And his exercise routine is very high intensity. Biking is low intensity.
>>
OP, you should also check out >>>/n/, that's where the bikes are.

(And maybe >>>/fit/, if you are up for the occasional solid advice mixed with loads of fat-ridicule and gay)
>>
>>1075769
OP is not the rock
>>
>>1075723
I guess you are unaware of all the injuries your body gets from being horrifically obese and trying to ride a normal bike.
>>
>>1075938
Holy shit you actually bike and just don't use an elliptical? Your joints must hate you
>>
>>1075938
maybe he should try swimming then
>>
>>1075945
>>1075945
Even swimming can be problematic.
The best exercise for obeast people is to float and bob in a medium depth swimming pool with a slightly worried look on their faces.
>>
>>1075830
All true, but now you need to go back and read the idiotic post he was responding to and realize how far you missed his point.
>>
>>1075529
How fat are we talking about? I'm not mocking or anything, I'm obese fat and been cycling for almost a year everyday now. But I've never had problems with mounting or dismounting a 23 inch touring bike, even from the beginning.
>>
>>1075975
Did you lose any weight? Did you also change your diet?
>>
>>1075975
>>1075976
I'm curious too. You say your "obese fat", but have been biking everyday for at least the past year? I'm not knocking you or anything, just wondering what kind of progress your see seeing, or not seeing.
>>
>>1075976
>Did you lose any weight?
Absolutely. When I started I was an obese hog at 136kg. Now I'm 98kg.

>Did you also change your diet?
If you're referring to the kind of food I eat then not really. I laid off the most fatty things and completely stopped using sugar.
Other than that I eat mostly what I used to do before. Just less. A LOT less.
LIke from the perspective of time I'm fucking terrified how much food I could swallow in a single day.
A single serving of stuff I really like (like lecso) now lasts me for a whole fucking day of 5 meals sometimes even more.
Hell the "inbetween meals" snacks were the portions of food I now eat for as a single meal.
I was a fucking hog and I cry myself to sleep everynight that I ignored it for such a long time, my life would probably be infinitely better now.

>>1075983
I picked commuting to uni on a bike instead of taking the bus/car. My commute is ~20km a day back and forth.
When I have a day off and on weekends I usually take longer rides of at least 30km at a time minimum. My record so far is 112km in a day
>>
>>1075986
Nice dude. I'm looking at getting a road/touring bike. Glad you saw a lot of progress.

I've always found that changing eating habits was more challenging than longer and more intense workouts. Changing eating habits and making it a lifestyle change and not a temporary diet is even harder.
>>
>>1075986
>136kg
How did you get weighed? At a truck weighing station?
Home scales only go up to 120kg.
>>
>>1076002
my digital scale produces error at 145kg i think. I couldn't get weighed in clothes holding my cat.
>>
File: IMG_1587.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1587.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I rode to the highest point in the local mountains. The total ride had me going up 5k feet of elevation.
>>
File: IMG_1561.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1561.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1076103
Here is my bike.
>>
>>1075999
>I've always found that changing eating habits was more challenging than longer and more intense workouts. Changing eating habits and making it a lifestyle change and not a temporary diet is even harder.
Absolutely. I wanted to lose weight faster than most experts would advice and the feeling of hunger wouldn't leave for a long long time.
It's absolutely the fucking worst. The deep desire to just go and stuff my mouthhole with whatever I could come across. Takes a shitton of willforce to tell yourself to stop.
Quitting cigarettes was a cake compared to changing your eating habits, I speak from experience.
>>
>>1075999
>>1076110
Also I'd advice a decent touring bike with long wheelbase over a roadie. CroMo frame is preferred.
Touring is something you can do alone, for a very long time, at your own speed.

Road biking requires good physical condition and being fairly well stretched to reach the drops.
And touring has one big advantage especially If you have experience with being bullied over your physical appearance. Chances of you being called a fred no matter how silly your setup looks like are slim.
>>
Going down rocky, rooty forest trails on my bike at night is the best shit ever.
>>
>>1076110
Why not just stuff your mouth with vegetables? I eat a lb of split peas a day (two bowls cooked) and after I'm done with them I don't want to eat anything at all, not even candy.
>>
>>1076119
I'm trying to lose weight not maintain the weight I currently have therefore my calorie intake should be smaller than the calories I burn throughout the day.
>>
>>1076137
Yeah but stuff like sauerkraut or pickles or apples have negligible kcal.
>>
>>1076151
And I eat them too. What's the problem?
Are you fine with eating the same shit everyday for a week because I'm not.
>>
>>1075986
> I laid off the most fatty things and completely stopped using sugar

this. that's the way I did it too. I basically did eat what I felt like eating, if we speak about cooked dishes. Reducing or leaving out fat, oil and sugar is the way also the impact of getting hungry isn't that strong then. Of course you'll still have to tolerate a certain amount to lose weight but more oil you use the "easier" it is to overeat... for some reason.

It's important to listen to the body. If your hungry and wait a bit longer to eat, the body switches to burning bodyfat, if you wait too long the body switches to "energy saving mode". You don't want the second as it makes dieting harder and the chance for rebounding bigger. That said, I reduced food intake to a 48hours scheme though. I kinda like making the body believe the day isn't 24 hours but 48.
>>
>>1075938
Like what?
>>
>>1076197
Energy saving mode is barely a thing, seriously look at articles.
It isn't that important though as long as you lose the weight, not worth arguing.
Fats and protein are filling while carbs are not.
On order of fulllness I would say volume>fat>protein=fiber>>>>>>>carbs.
Note that volume isn't nearly as long term as the others, but inherently has no calorie relationship.
Water is great at taking advantage of this, peas like one anon stated and any cruciferous veggie is good too.

Would rec drinking coffee too, stimulants help hunger. Fear of fat isn't a good thing, fear of calories is.
Reducing oil intake is a good way to cut calories though, especially since it consists of unsaturated fats.

Also to anyone listening I recommend counting calories for at least 2 weeks, you will be surprised at how many calories something can be.
>>
>>1075529
It gets easier. The hard part is doing it every day. But it gets easier.
>>
>>1076509
Yeah, I already got a little bit more flexible. It became easier to lift my leg. Soon I might be able to put a small backpack on the carrier.

It's so rewarding to bike. Last night, I went out for 2 hours and just drove where I felt like. I went slow, sometimes a bit faster, sometimes I had to push hard and other times I didn't have to pedal at all. If I would have walked only a third of the distance I'd be wheezing and coughing, exhausted and full of pain. Biking is great!
>>
>>1076513
Keep at it man. It'll be worth it.
>>
>>1076513
Night riding when there's a full moon is one of the best things there is. I'm going tonight.
>>
>>1076513
Did you get a reinforce bike?
>>
>>1077241
Nah, it's a steel frame already.
>>
>>1077241
Frames don't break when you're fat, just pedal and spokes.
>>
>>1077443
Garbon fibre will
>>
>>1077470
Crabon breaks spontaneously.
>>
God, it's been a while, is there still a bike general on this board or did they remove it?
I remember some yowamushi posting and that fuckboy in a sohoku jersey. Those were regular generals I think
>>
>>1081392
Nevermind, I'm thinking of /n/
I'm on the wrong board
>>
>>1075529
I believe in you bro. Persevere. Maybe rent an exercycle (p cheap) and practive in your living room until you drop the pountds and increase mobility. Godspeed
>>
>>1075529
If your having trouble mounting the bike, you can always get a dropper post
>>
>>1075611
>chunks of cheese with bacon
This will actually help you lose weight.

When you eat carbs, your glucose levels increase rapidly and your body responds by producing insulin, which helps to move glucose into fat cells for storage. But once your glucose levels have returned to normal, the excess insulin makes you feel hungry again faster, and you crave... you guessed it, sugar.

When you eat fat, it's metabolized much slower, your glucose levels never spike so your body produces far less insulin, nothing is stored as fat, and you don't have to eat again as soon. Since you're eating fat for fuel, your body becomes keto-acclimated and will utilize body fat as fuel more readily.

I'm a long-distance hiker and am constantly gaining and losing 40+ lbs every year. I've gotten pretty good at regulating my weight.
>>
>>1075566
>i did a diet
you can't just "do a diet" for a little bit and be done with it
You have to permanently change how you eat.
Usually it is just the amount, but it also doesn't hurt to eat food that is better for you too.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.