[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything like the Rocky Mountain Tumbler cup, but bigger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Is there anything like the Rocky Mountain Tumbler cup, but bigger? It's ability to keep ice going throughout the day, even when left in sweltering hot cars with outside temps of 110+ is astounding to me.

I'm gonna be starting work soon and I'll be working in said temperature. I need something like that cup, but bigger, so it can last me through an 8 hour work day. Any recommendations? I don't know if just taking a standard 1 gallon jug and freezing it will work or if it'll just melt too fast or too slow throughout the day. I mean, I'll be getting lots of breaks, but I'm someone who cannot stand the heat. Even just being outside for a little sitting in a hot car, before I get the a/c on is torturous.
>>
>>1071791
If you cant stand the heat you picked the wrong job. You will get used to it. Why not just take a cooler?
>>
>>1071792
I've worked outside and I'll acclimatize to it, it's just really nice having a cool icy drink of water even halfway through the day. I'll get off of work before the hottest part of the day, but still.

Any coolers you recommend then?
>>
Yeti makes a gallon size bottle now
>>
>>1071791
Basically any of those vaccuum insulated mugs mang. The overpriced Yeti ones are dank, but you can buy cheaper ones everywhere.

>tfw don't even need a cooler because the truck has a fridge kept at 34F
>>
>>1071798
The price tag is ridiculous it seems, but if it's able to sustain iced water throughout a hot day, then it really is starting to seem worth it.
>>
>>1071807
After those things are out for a few months, there are always sales. Dick's has had all those tumblers on sale a ton lately, I think sometimes near 50% off.
>>
>>1071791
Get a glass-lined thermos.
>>
File: todd_barry.jpg (155KB, 246x312px) Image search: [Google]
todd_barry.jpg
155KB, 246x312px
>>1071825
Get a load of this clown
>>
werent there these chinese tumblers that were basically proven to be yetis?
>>
buy two?
>>1071852
yes
>>
>>1071791
Check out anything RTIC. Just like Yeti, but about half the price.
>>
>>1071791
I have a '40' ounce one from Wal-Mart, it only cost $10.
>>
>>1071869
You can buy a 2pack of 30oz ones for 14 bucks at costco
>>
>>1071875
But I can not put 2 tall boys in a 30 ounce.
>>
>>1071878
Grow a pair of balls and put whiskey in there instead of beer
>>
>>1071880
No thanks I did that with rum then tripped and landed in my campfire.
>>
>>1071850
I've had one for over 30 years. Great for hot or cold beverages and food. You can even use them as a thermal cooker and cook things like rice or stew in them.
>>
>is there anything like a thermos?
Yes you fuck
>>
>>1071900
Who are you quoting are do you have Tourettes?
>>
how about a short one without a lid about the size of a glass tumber?

I need the inside to be metal or glass so that I can pour hard alcohol in it and not have it leeching chemicals or any nasty shit
>>
>>1071924
Glass is best, otherwise you end up with a metallic taste.
>>
File: DSC02135.jpg (285KB, 1624x2130px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02135.jpg
285KB, 1624x2130px
>>1071925
I have this glass now but in the summer my ice is melting way too fast and need something insulated
>>
>>1071929
This is really ghetto, but I have a toboggan/knit cap that I set down in a plastic container then slip whatever beverage glass into it on my desk. It works better than those foam things you slip over drink glasses and it accepts just about any shaped glass.
>>
Ozark trail vacuum tumbler was rated better than yeti at keeping ice ice longer
>>
>>1071878
Where I come from a tall boy is 24oz.
>>
>>1071792
>i'm cool and only drink piping hot water

you can either beat the heat or buttfuck it dude
>>
Any double walled vacuum insulated stainless steel tumbler will perform nearly identically. I have 3 different brands and they all work the same ( yeti, rtic, grizzly). If you don't want to spend an absurd amount, I would just get a plastic insulated 1 gallon water jug made by Coleman, Rubbermaid, Igloo, etc...they probably cost anywhere from 10-20 bucks and will keep your water at a pretty cool temp during your work shift, especially if you keep it in the shade...I mean it isn't gonna keep it at 33 degrees for over 24 hours, but that isn't usually needed. Personally, I just fill up a milk jug out of the hose in the morning and I'm guzzling piss warm water by the end of the day.
>>
>>1071989
He wants to put 2 of them in it. That's 48oz in a 30oz glass.
>>
>>1073173
I have a 5-gallon(?), orange, Gott brand, water cooler from the 1970s or something. The kind with the small spigot on the bottom side. I take a couple milk jugs or 3 soda bottles, fill them with water, freeze them and use those in the cooler like big ice cubes.
>>
>>1073175
Like this one, only this one is smaller.
>>
>>1073177
Seems I can't post images right now....
>>
>>1071898
> thermal cooker and cook things like rice
I've been thinking about doing exactly this on hikes.
>>
>>1073370
Might be a stupid question but if you cook things anyway why not carry freeze dried meals instead of energy poor rice?
>>
>>1071791
Does this really work for 24h? Zojirushi claims their vacuum bottles keep cold/hot for 6h and they are pretty high end.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.