[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work 5 days a week and mostly just hike and camp on weekends.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: BACKPACK.jpg (87KB, 900x840px) Image search: [Google]
BACKPACK.jpg
87KB, 900x840px
I work 5 days a week and mostly just hike and camp on weekends. Want to get into longer backpacking trips. Just dont understand the scheduling aspect yet...

>How much time do you take off for trips?
>Do you just save up PTO and use it all at once?
>Do your wife/kids come or stay home?
>>
Convert holiday weekends into longer weekends.
>>
>>1070237
I don't work, pretty much just live in the woods. Most of my friends will extend weekends up to four days or so.
>>
I feel your pain.

University plus full time work leaves me little time for more than weekenders.

I'll use my work holidays strategically, for example take a Friday when there's a bank holiday on the Monday so I can get 4 days.

Otherwise I suffice with one or two week long trips a year.
>>
Public holidays mate.

For my country (new zealand), we get:
>4 solo days during the year (waitangi day, anzac day, queen's birthday and labour day)
>easter gives two days on either side of a weekend
>christmas/boxing day/new year's/day after new year's gives another 4 days

Just get your leave booked early and plan around them, depending on where in the week they fall you can pair them with weekends too.
>>
>currently in chicago, zero /out/ anywhere for hundreds of miles, just suburbs and farms
>girlfriend studying law here
>she'll likely be stuck here for career
>want to wife her
>trying to come to terms with possibility of being stuck in chicago for foreseeable future
how am I gonna hack it bros?
>>
>>1070319
Buy a boat.
>>
>>1070237
>How much time do you take off for trips?
As much as possible
Do you not get at least 2 weeks off a year?
You also might think about a career change that allows you more time outdoors
Money isn't everything
>>
File: 1497919325676.jpg (134KB, 788x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497919325676.jpg
134KB, 788x1000px
>>1070365
I'm starting a family so money is everything. Also spending time with them on Easter and Christmas is important. I can't be selfish.
>>
>>1070418
Maintaining your mental health isn't selfish, it is a responsible thing to do. Where I live "USA" there are lots of people who put their nose to the grind stone and never take vacations. They even get angry and self-righteous when you try to discuss what you did on your vacation. They are normally the type of people who become emotional pretty quick, get sick a lot (but don't take off work to get better and thus infect coworkers,) and are normally getting themselves further in financial debt. Don't be like them.
>>
>>1070244
And then be surrounded by a raft of assholes and/ or Mexicans with the same idea everywhere you go. I just attach two vacation days to a weekend and call it good.
>>
>>1070319
Me or the job in Chicago, hon.
>>
>>1070418
I'm starting a family of firearms, motorcycles, and backpacking trips
>>
>>1070446
I think it's great that you're adopting, Anon!
>>
>>1070442
this seems a great way to get her to hate you.
>>
>>1070418
why aren't people this white/aryan anymore?
>>
>>1070418
The boy in that image looks like he's really uncomfortable with being touched by the father.
>>
>>1070514
To be equal, the best have to be brought down to average, which is shit
>>
>>1070422
>t. complacent poorfag
>>
>>1070519
That is because he's wound tighter than a squirrel on prozac and dad need to hold him down, with both hands, or he'll run off like a rabid weedeater for the tenth time during the photoshoot.
>>
>>1070532
Normally poor people take less vacations than rich people because rich people know how to manage their time and money in order to maintain mental health. You'd know this if you were not a wagecuck. There's no defence for that anon.
>>
File: 1492650334708.jpg (13KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1492650334708.jpg
13KB, 250x248px
>>1070534
Sweetie, you're completely wrong:

https://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2010/09/30/do-the-rich-work-harder-than-others/
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9505E1D8103FF930A3575BC0A9609C8B63
http://www.businessinsider.com/common-myths-about-rich-people-2015-6

Also, stop making that ridiculous "mental health" argument; plenty of people enjoy working 60+ hour weeks for long periods of time, without suffering from any adverse effects.
>>
>>1070542
>being this completely wrong

Good goy, suck up all that Jewish work propaganda.
>>
>>1070514
My family is. One white boy already and two more in the planning stages.
>>
>>1070514
(((Them)))
>>
>>1070604
I mean, I'm earning 250K a year and have no kids. When I fucking retire in gonna do AT and then PCT and not even fucking sweat blowing through money like no tomorrow.
>>
>>1071354
>I'm earning 250K a year
doing what anon
>>
>>1070514
in Europe they are. it's only amerimutts who has had their white anglo/german genes watered down to mudshit like dark hair/brown eyes
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.