[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here like to take their cat /out/ with them? I figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_007.jpg (1016KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_007.jpg
1016KB, 1836x3264px
Anyone else here like to take their cat /out/ with them? I figure it's the easiest way to get pussy on the trail lol
>>
>>1069580
If that thing ever gets loose in the woods, I will shoot you before I shoot it, too.
Hope you're trolling desu
>>
>>1069628
>If that thing ever gets loose in the woods, I will shoot you before I shoot it, too.

Why?
>>
>>1069629
Because outdoor and feral cats are a goddamned plague on the natural environment and biodiversity. We already had two threads about it this week.
>>
File: 1500596330865.jpg (22KB, 423x413px) Image search: [Google]
1500596330865.jpg
22KB, 423x413px
>>1069628
Sure you would, faggot.
>>
>>1069628
>t. Fatty allergic to cats that never leaves his house
>>
>>1069640
You realise how many cats are in the wild already? One cat doesn't make a difference. As long as people keep cats as pets they're gonna find their way into the wilderness
>>
>>1069654
t. autistic birdwatcher that carries a sling just for your shit strays tbqh
Can't wait for people with toxoplasmosis to be considered zombies already.
>>
>>1069580
Op you have the looks of someone who fucks a decent amount of pussy. ;_; teach me your ways, lad.
>>
>>1069665
Just be yourself dude
>>
>>1069628
>>1069640
>>1069660
Back to your psychotic thread thread you go, faggot: >>1067139
>>
>>1069580
My little 12yo F Tuxedo is attached to her territory and doesn't like change, she withdrawals into herself and shuts down when I take her to my dad's for a nail trim. I'm too afraid of losing her to take her anywhere.
>>
>>1069656
You know how many people are on earth? One less doesn't make a difference. So kill yourself please.
>>
>>1069705
Psychotic? We're not the ones with brain parasites, dude. Lmfao
>>
>>1069707
t. cat owner that actually cares about their cat or anything and keeps them inside for everyone's own good

I actually like cats, but if you're caught letting one out, you should be shot, too. Just because we've bred them to have different coat types and colors doesn't mean we've fully domesticated them like dogs or even livestock.
>>
>>1069628
>Hope you're trolling desu

>>1069725
Just because you're contained to your room doesn't mean your cat should be too.
>>
>>1069580
Anyone else here post pictures from reddit on an anime board?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (1MB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
1MB, 3000x2250px
I considered taking my bengal cat /out/ before but with a harness/leash. I think my cat is too much of a pussy to do it though.
>>
>>1069788
>knowing it's from reddit

Maybe you should go back there then >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>1069709
This a million times
>>1069750
Cat's aren't wild animals. We bred them to kill even when they aren't hungry. If they can't go outside without murdering things, then they should stay indoors.
We do the same thing to humans. It's called prison
>>
>>1069724
>We're not the ones with brain parasites

You're sure doing a good impression of a guy with one.

>>1069628

Oh sweet child of summer. Go back to playing cowadoody. Being a pretend tough guy on the internet won't stop your stepdad from molesting you. Call 911 and get the help you need.
>>
>>1069580

What I said here >>1070375 notwithstanding, I don't think that this is a good idea. Cats like to have and patrol a territory. They don't want to be pulled into strange territory and walked around.

A purely indoor cat will love the experience. If you can keep it from running off, catching a disease, or being preyed upon, then great. But when you get home, be prepared for endless meows and attempts to leave again.

A cat loves the outdoors but mostly patrolling its own territory. An outdoor cat will not want to leave that territory. An indoor cat will love it too much and there are risks.

Don't expect a typical cat to sit cheerfully on your pack. Every cat is different but most won't behave in the way that you would prefer.
>>
>>1070372
Oh, you should see how the village cats go after a vole, they eat the whole thing and leave just the intestines in no time.
And besides, all cats need exercise. It's not like cats are constantly on the lookout for an animal to kill.

>>1070381
I don't think it's such a good idea, either. The car ride and the completely unknown world might be too much for a cat. I wouldn't let a cat out of a cat cage in this situation desu.
>>
>>1070408
>It's not like cats are constantly on the lookout for an animal to kill.
Do you follow your cat all the time when it is outside?
Cats are opportunists
If there is something available to torture/kill, they will go for it
If your cat needs exercise, play with it
Human laziness is no reason to kill billions of birds a year
>>
>>1070419
Playing with a cat indoors can't compare to letting a cat outside so it can climb on trees, lie in grass and run around in the fresh air. And it's not like the whole bird population is crippled and can't fly away from a cat.
>>
>>1070431

And cats are mostly found in human-inhabited areas where the natural predators have been cleared away. Overpopulation is a serious problem for some prey species.

>>1070419
>Billions

Yeah, and I'll watch my carbon footprint and eat free range grass fed organoc tofu and cry because any day now it will never snow again and pray five days to San Francisco. Check.
>>
>>1070448
>>Billions
Yes
Billions
http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/10.1146/annurev-ecolsys-112414-054133
But I'm sure you, a random person on the internet, know more than a whole field of scientists
Your uninformed anecdotes and immediate opinions are definitely more valuable than a century their carefully collected data
Next, you are going to put on your tinfoil hat, and tell me that (((they))) have some agenda or something
>>
>>1070419
Birds don't have souls
>>
>>1070712
yes they do, just like you
they have 2
at the bottom of their feet
>>
>>1069580
Birds should have gone extinct millions of years ago when their retarded ancestors went. The meteor didn't finish it's job.
>>
>>1071039
Birds are the most successful terrestrial vertebrate in terms of number of species and distribution. They were doing great until humans showed up
>believing a meteor alone wiped out the non-avian dinosaurs
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/44617556_Cretaceous_Extinctions_Multiple_Causes
>>
>>1071072
I'm just jealous I can't fly :(
>>
>>1071072
Yeah. Pesticides kill flying insects that feed on wheat or other cultures, makes entire bird populations starve and forces them to migrate in parts of a continent where they do not thrive or encounter competitions/predators. Hirundininae are a good example.
>>
I take my Samoyed on every hike and trail I go on. He goes fucking nuts, he loves it. I wouldn't do it with my parent's Shih Tzu, though. They're small and like sleeping. If your cat is anything like my parents dog, I think taking them out is a bad idea.
>>
>>1070709

I am a scientist, too. Not an ornithologist in particular but I know enough to recognize an idiot when I read one.

US Fish and Wildlife estimates total bird population at about 20 billion. The US Bird Conservancy estimates cat deaths at 500 million, drawing the number as a consensus estimate from a variety of sources, including the study you cite, and then taking the bad-but-not-worst-case scenario. They're a bird advocacy group and tend to exaggerate but let's start there.

The small birds that make up the vast majority of the population live 2-3 years. Being generous and assuming a four year average life expectancy, we can estimate deaths per year at five billion total. Of which cats are therefore at most responsible for 10% of deaths, or less than 3% of the overall population. Most of these are small birds whose conservation status is fine, and a few like urban pigeons which are nuisance species. And, like I said, they merely replace natural predators in controlling species which no longer have natural controls on their populations.

The large birds which are most endangered are not predated upon by domestic cats. A few actually prey on cats themselves.

If you're interested in bird conservation, you should focus on causes which are real human-caused threats to the bird population: habitat destruction, toxic chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, etc), eradication of prey species, and poaching of critically endangered large species like eagles. Oh, and of course climate change.
>>
>>1070128
Haha got me
>>
>>1069580

Can anybody recognize the pack he is using? I like the carrier section he has for his tri-pod.
>>
>>1071312
Cats kill don't just kill birds, they kill reptiles, amphibians, and mammals
They don't replace natural predators because they kill when they are not hungry
Cats kill ground nesting birds that are endangered, California quail and piping plovers are 2 good examples
And if you want a really good example of cats killing endangered birds, go to Hawaii
We can quibble about the numbers, but the effect of cats on endangered populations is significant
>>
>>1071312
>critically endangered large species like eagles
What eagles are critically endangered?
>>
>>1071312
>If you're interested in bird conservation, you should focus on causes which are real human-caused threats to the bird population

Invasive species are one of the biggest threats to global biodiversity. Stop trying to defend your cat, idiot.
>>
File: catScratchesOwnerDuringBath.jpg (39KB, 707x706px) Image search: [Google]
catScratchesOwnerDuringBath.jpg
39KB, 707x706px
>>1069628
>>
>>1071312
Fuck off cat fucker, you think you can just flash some numbers and hide the fact that you're wrong?
>>
>>1069656
The answer is to kill all cats.
>>
cat here

anyone like to go /out/?
>>
>>1069628
>Men with cats = Faggots.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.