[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why shouldn't I move to Florida, /out/? I'd rather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3145.jpg (164KB, 510x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3145.jpg
164KB, 510x340px
Why shouldn't I move to Florida, /out/?
I'd rather go snorkeling than skiing any time of the year.
>>
Bathsalts.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/face-eating-cannibal-attack-latest-bath-salts-incident/story?id=16470389
>>
degenerates & old people
fucking mosquitoes
100+ degrees all the time
>>
>>1068277
I might go this winter if I dont go to mexico
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487906772429.jpg (26KB, 720x628px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487906772429.jpg
26KB, 720x628px
but why?
>>
>>1068332

/thread
>>
File: b13.jpg (683KB, 1345x1137px) Image search: [Google]
b13.jpg
683KB, 1345x1137px
>>1068277
The snorkeling is extremely lame.

I live in Colorado and split my time between snowboarding here and snorkeling in Mexico, Honduras, Hawaii, Bahamas. I bought a timeshare just so I could always have a condo to stay in on my snorkeling trips. There are so many places much nicer than Florida for snorkeling.
>>
>>1068332
I mean the first one, yes.

The second two- mosquitoes can be bad sometimes. But if you live in the right area, it never gets that hot and the breeze keeps the bugs away. I live close to the ocean and the hottest summer days are high 80s with wind coming off the water. And then all winter it is low-mid 70s during the day and doesn't rain for months so no bugs.

Anyway if OP is like me and gets all depressed during winter up north, he should gtfo of wherever he is.
>>
>>1069112
I doubt it's as lame as snorkeling in Colorado. Or as cold.
>>
Florida is crowded as fuck with nowhere to /out/.

Unless you like old northerners with no manners and their shitty grandchildren.

Natural Florida is a long gone dead myth. Welcome to your condo brah.

>floridafagallmylifekillmenow
>>
>too flat
>too hot
>shit tier theme parks
>job market is fucking terrible
Can't wait to graduate uni and move to a better state like Idaho.
>>
>/out/ is terrible
>hot as fuck
>humid as fuck
>way too many bugs
>way too many people
>depending on area it's expensive
>almost all the land is privately owned
>the people (especially women) are fucking retarded

I want to leave this hell hole so fucking bad.
>>
>>1068277
>humidity
>inbreeds
>rednecks
>trump voters
>poor people
>white niggers nigging
>humidity

fuck that entire state.
>>
File: beaver.png (33KB, 496x390px) Image search: [Google]
beaver.png
33KB, 496x390px
>>1070823
What's wrong with rednecks in Florida? Maybe it's because I'm a leaf, but rednecks are usually bro tier in my experience.
>>
File: img-thing_out.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_out.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
but bebzy lives in florida
>>
>>1070955
It's funny because the people who say FL sucks either never lived here or lived here their whole life. So basically people who don't know what it's like or people who don't know what other states are like.

The worst thing about this area is all the fuckers from NY. I can only imagine living in NYC or Philly is way worse because 100% of the people are like that and you have to deal with shitty weather.

>>1069358
>he has never had to shovel his driveway at 4am before he goes to worm
>>
>>1070961
You go to work at 4am?
>>
>>1070953

Drunk assholes. Beware the woods at night the redneck will fight you.
>>
>>1070967
He probably works at eight haha
>>
>>1070967
>>1071012
If if snows and you have to be at work by 8, you will be out there at 4am clearing off that driveway. By 5am you can be back inside for a shower, then leave by 6am since your 30min commute is going to take 2 hours with the snow.

Because any respectable homeowner knows that once you drive over that fresh snow, you're fucked and you will have strips of ice on there.
>>
>>1070961
>It's funny because the people who say FL sucks either never lived here or lived here their whole life.
lol wut. I don't think I know a single person born in florida who doesn't hate it or isn't planning to move.

>>1068277
From just an outdoors perspective florida sucks balls. What you don't realize is that snorkling is boring as fuck because most of our fish species are dead or dying off, all you'll see is submerged trash floating around.

For 3/4 of the year it is miserably hot, humid, you'll need to wear sunscreen whenever you go out and bring a shit ton of water or risk heat exhaustion. Couple this with the fact a lot of trails in florida are not shaded, aka shitty desert scrub, makes everything hot, there's not lots of interesting flora or fauna, there's not a lot of cool land features since everything is flatter than your mom's ass. We have some nice rivers but everything is crowded and touristy as fuck, there are people everywhere no matter how far "out" you think you are.

Yeah so it's great if you want to wear tank tops every day for the rest of your life but then you realize that having no seasons asides from "hot and miserable as fuck" to "hurricane" it gets really aggravating really fast.
>>
florida is cancer for outdoors. i've lived in PA, and in FL both for many years. I am les than a month away from moving back up north and out of this anti /out/ shithole.

seriously you look at google maps and theres all of 2 areas even remotely outdoors but you have to pay to go there and you cant park overnight inside and normally you coulod just park on the side of a road soemwhere or in another area but EVERYWHERE IS PRIVATE PROPERTY OR A BUSINESS THAT TOWS VEHICLES LEFT EVEN UNATTENDED FOR A FEW HOURS BECAUSE EVERYONE DOWN HERE NOT GIVING YOU MONEY IS TRASH CALL THE COPS ASAP PLUS EVERYONE DOWN HERE IS EITHER A CRIMINAL OR THE DESCENDANTS OF CRIMINALS BECAUSE ALL CRIMINALS FLEE HERE.
>>
>>1071208
This.

I moved here when I was 10 and it blows. I cant even sit outside and enjoy myself because the humidity mixed with the heat will literally kill you on some days if you accidentally fall asleep.
Not really an issue though, because its impossible to sleep with this many mosquitoes buzzing in your ears.

but hey, if you like the idea of being trapped in an actual sauna day in and day out without the ability to dive into a comfy lake because a gator will take your fucking leg, then come on down to bright, miserable, boggy Florida.

If you ever wonder why people have Florida rooms its because its not possible to enjoy this place without doing it from inside.

I long for the crisp air of the north. hell, I went to chicago about a year ago and it hit 104. but there was almost no humidity. it felt amazing. I would take that any day.
>>
>>1072700
Yeah I'm a native and it's just so hard to do anything outside. If I hike for more than 5 hours at a time I always feel like complete trash and at the beginning stages of heat exhaustion, dizzy, lightheaded, weak, no matter how hydrated I am or eating salts etc. It's too hot to enjoy a campfire and if you try to camp in the summer you will literally just be starfishing in your tent laying directly on the tent floor with all your insulation pushed to the side trying to soak up whatever little breeze there is.
>>
>>1068277
for snorkling yes. For any other outdoor activity that doesnt include water, then no
>>
>>1070961
I've lived here my whole life, and it's fucking shit.
>>
>>1071208
>>1072700
>>1073323
Exactly. You have never lived anywhere else. Just like I wrote in that post. It's either people who never lived here and just see the "Florida Man" stories or people who lived here forever and think it sucks because they haven't had to deal with how shitty most other places are.

The grass is always greener on the other side. There's a reason so many people move to Florida after living somewhere else forever.
>>
File: frendalf.png (70KB, 852x944px) Image search: [Google]
frendalf.png
70KB, 852x944px
>>1073336
>There's a reason so many people move to Florida after living somewhere else forever.
I figured that was just because people get old and the cold is rough on their joints but they're too poor to move to Hawaii or Mexico or something. I do understand the whole "different strokes for different folks" thing tho.
>>
>>1073336
Most places are not more shitty, depending on state probably better.
>>
>>1070961
Use to live in the Texas hill country before moving to 850 at age 7. The only things that are relevant here are the clear water springs and boar hunting.
>>1070823
Yankee go home
>>>NY
>>
>>1068277
Florida is what it is....a tropical climate....hot most of the year and slightly not as hot in the winter....if your in the middle of the state then all you have are natural springs, which get old kind of quick.....west (gulf ) side...very low surf.......east coast more surf.....water slightly cold....I dunno....it just seems built up and crowded now....hardly any southerners except in the middle of the state....which may be good or bad....I say unless your rich and can live on an island or the affluent west palm area then stay out except to visit...you will be embedded with trash
>>
File: Florida.png (1009KB, 1280x3024px) Image search: [Google]
Florida.png
1009KB, 1280x3024px
>>1068277
Gulf coast states are generally SHIT-TIER in out activity's. very flat, very hot. if you move anywhere in Florida and want some reminiscent of /out/door stuff get a boat, either powered [preferred] or paddle]

Stay away from Kissimmee and Miami dade if you want any real work. Miami/Dade is a fucking bitch to get work unless you speak fluent Spanish.

>inb4 Pepsi starts saying its not that bad. the nurses and doctors in the Hospitals down there, ENGLISH IS THEIR SECOND LANGUAGE. and barely can handle it.

Pick a County and I can guide you in to the better area's and what you want to do. if you wanna be there at all. or can afford it.. Please provide what you'd like to do for work too.

My advise to start?

For Cheap living, with equally shitty work.
Roughly Cheapest - Most Expensive.

Indian River County - Sebastian
Hernando County - Spring hill
Charlotte County - Port Charlotte
Polk County - Lakeland
Sarasota County - Venice
>>
File: IMG_5194.jpg (211KB, 855x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5194.jpg
211KB, 855x640px
>>1074794
Meet a Latina and learn to speak Spanish

I grew up in a Chicago suburb that was 1/3 Mexican, so w/e
>>
>>1074805
you see that pink dot in the above map? you see that fucking pink dot?! yeah I live there, 100% white. problem with Hispanics is they breed like rabbits [16 years old is considered normal for your first kid, and 18 you better be on your second.] and instead of teaching their kids English, they teach them Spanish.

Plus romance languages are fucking retarded. I'd rather learn Russian.
>>
File: IMG_5355.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5355.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1074805
>>1074794
Anyway the Cubans are straight. Columbians and Venzuelans are cool too. It's the Haitians you have to worry about. They are retarded. And it's not like a lack of formal education, they are just very unintelligent people. Jamaicans are kinda dumb too but not quite as bad but they love to bitch and moan about everything.

At least Jamaicans kinda speak English. But the Haitians speak a terrible type of French, and when they try to speak English you can barely understand it. At least with most Hispanic people, I can manage to get thru to them with some Spanglish.

>tfw they all tell me I sound like a Mexican when I try to speak Spanish
That's what happens when you grow up in Chicago.
>>
>>1074816
No, Old cubans [the kind that floated over] are fucking assholes. Young cubans are fine.

Columbians act like they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Venzuelans are pretty chill I'll agree, but only have actually met a handful of REAL venzuelans.

Haitians are MEME tier and glad the US is closing that shit down [soon they wont be allowed to travel freely between here and there]

Puerto ricans act like gods gift to this earth and pretend their shitty island is worth a fucking damn. [we should seriously close that shit off and force them back...or onto cattle trains to Wyoming where nobody will know what happened to them... :) ]

I only know one Jamaican [they don't really make it this far north] and she tells her kids to quit acting like niggers and thungs, but thats only one.
>>
>>1074823
Kek. I still like most of the Colombians.

Forgot about Puerto Ricans. Them and Dominicans can be annoying, they all have a bit of Bronx in them and act like they are hot shit. They are barely even real Latinos.

But they still aren't anywhere near as bad as Haitians. And for some reason as dumb and useless as Haitians are, they all act entitled and cocky for some reason.

>one thing Pepsi learned as he became an adult
Growing up in/around Chicago, I always thought that niggers were like that because of their environment. They grew up in the hood so they must act so dumb and ignorant because of the bad place they came from.

Then I met more people and saw more. I realized that the hood is really a result of niggers. You could get rid of all the nigs and replace them with white or hispanic people with the same income (or lack of) and the place would be totally different.
>>
>>1074823
And lots of Latinas (especially older ones) love me because I'm a hard working white boy with blue eyes. It's too funny. I will always love Hispanic people.

But I will always hate the wannabe thug Dominicans and Puerto Ricans. Lots of qt Dominican grills tho and that's not bad. I love that curly hair.

Got a new girl I wanna work on a little but she works at this place that's far as fuck west by the Everglades and I keep tryin to find an excuse to stop by there more and talk but it's hard to find time.
>>
>>1074826
Go down there to go fishing. Duh.
>>
>>1074834
Lel I did that last weekend but she was workin in back. Saw the owner tho and I felt weird because she's even like "what are you doin all the way out here?"

She kinda shy and quiet and I'm a pussy, but I already know I can go for it if I pull it together. I just hate that awkward small talk. She reminds me of other coffee girl (who still around but just won't make up her mind) except a lil taller and a lil skinnier and younger.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.