[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go outside >get poison ivy all over my arms, my balls,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_305.jpg (190KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_305.jpg
190KB, 600x600px
>go outside
>get poison ivy all over my arms, my balls, and MY FUCKING FACE

Never again.
>>
How did you get it on your balls?
>>
Apply 91% rubbing alcohol on the affected area 3-5 times per day until the rash goes away.

You can use sand paper on the affected area post rubbing alcohol application if you truly wish to go nuclear on the rash.

I've had full body poison ivy before, had it for 3 weeks before I mentally broke down and went to the hospital. It was the worst case they had ever seen. I was blind for all 3 weeks as my eyes were completely swollen shut. You feel like you're in a full body cast. You can't move and you happen to breathe through your epidermis on a minor level so it's considerably stressful.

On the 3rd week, it became hard to breathe as it continued to spread into my lungs. I decided then to visit the hospital.

I was completely unrecognizable to my friends. They said I looked like an alien.

Yes, I know I'm an idiot for trying to tough out such a severe case of poison ivy.

How'd it happen? Weed whacked like 50 feet of poison ivy and the oils covered my entire body. I woke up in the middle of the night handicapped.

Ever since I adopted the 91% rubbing alcohol procedure with sand paper for extra stubborn cases I've pevented every bad reaction since that day.
>>
>>1067618
I've had it on my balls like 30 times, you would be very surprised how often you touch your balls without thinking
This is me
>>1067619
>>
>>1067618

It got on my hands and then I touched my balls at some point, I suppose. I wasn't naked running through poison ivy fields.

>>1067619

Great advice, I had never considered rubbing alcohol before. I am glad to hear how much worse it could be.

I have oozing blisters around my ears, all around my eyes.

The last time I had such a bad case was in childhood and I was put on steroids but the steroids caused this bull's-eye target rash on the soles of my feet and my palms when I went off of them, which recurred for years, and that bull's-eye thing was EVEN WORSE than poison ivy, a new level of itch, so I'm not really trying to do anything that's not OTC.
>>
>>1067609
You look irish, anon.
>>
File: IMG_0697.jpg (256KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0697.jpg
256KB, 768x1024px
>>1067609
You're adorable OP,

this was me after some gardening work at the provincial park I worked at for years. my cock was twice its normal size, and not in a good way.
>>
>>1067609
>>1067655
DUDE POISON IVY LMAO
>>
So I found that making a paste of baking soda and water is better than rubbing alcohol, though very messy.

More than half the unpleasantness of poison ivy is that it's all nasty weeping blisters so you can't even really scratch it.

The baking soda paste brings it back to skin level and that makes a big difference.
>>
>>1067609
Other than shots and anti-itching creme the only way to relieve the itch is to heat up the rashes. You can do this in the shower with hot water. Don't burn yourself, but get the water as hot as you can stand. Keep heating the rash for 60 seconds. During that time it will itch like satan's ballsack, but when it cools you'll have a couple hours relief. Other home remedies really shouldn't be used because many use terrible chemicals (bleach is popular here wtf!) or leave scarring. Home remedies for the reduction of general swelling (not the actual rash) are usually "safe."
>>
File: 1499868961729.gif (216KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499868961729.gif
216KB, 640x480px
Still not as bad as being married
>>
>>1068232
Rubbing alcohol is meant to dissolve the urishol oil through the first layers of the skin.

Baking soda isnt going to dissolve any oils all baking soda will do it bring the oils to the surface.

Rubbing alcohol on the surface of your skin penetrates deep enough to dissolve any urishol oil regardless of how deep the rash is.
>>
>>1068241
Hot water on the rash feels good as fuck you may even orgasm.

However this WILL NOT relieve your rash, hot water will only spread the rash and increase the severity of the rash. You should always use the coldest water you can tolerate if you must for some reason have to bathe before having dissolved the urishol oils.
>>
>>1068272

I thought that once the rash appears the oil is already well absorbed, and that alcohol can get the oil off you right after contact if you know you touched some poison ivy, and can also dry the blisters, but that neither alcohol nor baking soda would remove the toxin from your skin.

But that's just based on wikipedia reading.

Cold compresses, 50mg of benadryl every 4-6 hrs, baking soda, I still feel like shit and can barely sleep but it's taking the edge off.

>>1068273

I dunno I read that the rash only appears to spread, ie some parts of your body have less oil than others and so develop a rash later. The oil is already absorbed below the surface of the skin by the time the rash comes up. The blisters are just full of serum.
>>
Rubthe rash raw as you can bare

Bath in a mix of 1/10 bleach oatmeal bath

It will hurt like a mother fucker. But it should clear it up. Don't touche where the rash is or it'll spread tho
>>
Prednisone
>>
>>1068283
Any type of solvent that dissovles oil will penetrate deeper than the oils themselves can penetrate.

Benadyrl is for the allergic reaction, baking soda is to pull things to surface, solvents are to dissolve oils. Keep these things in mind. They all have different purposes.

Without the oils, the rash cannot continue. I also prescribed using sand paper in conjunction with rubbing alcohol for especially deep oils.

Once the oils are gone, the rash will dry out and scab over. You dont need to do anything further than that.
>>
>>1068294

I can't, it gives me erythema multiform, which is IMO even worse than poison ivy, and can actually be life threatening.

>>1068336

Thanks I will incorporate more non-potable alcohol into my treatment regimen. I don't want to sandpaper my flesh because I work with sick people and don't want to wind up with MRSA.
>>
>>1068344
Best defense against MRSA is to bite your nails and never wash your hands.
>>
>>1067619
Christ
>>
>>1067609
Pic of balls?
>>
>>1067623
>I've had it on my balls like 30 times, you would be very surprised how often you touch your balls without thinking
Fucking americans
>>
Tagged for /bant/ scavenger hunt: >>>/bant/
>>1067609
an anon that met with an unfortunate fate
>>
so glad i'm immune to poison ivy; no troll.
>>
>>1067609
my friend once was walking through a field filled with hemlock and Giant hogweeds.

>He isnt an outdoors person anymore
>>
>>1067619
>Apply 91% rubbing alcohol on the affected area 3-5 times per day until the rash goes away.
>You can use sand paper on the affected area post rubbing alcohol application if you truly wish to go nuclear on the rash
This isn't going to do anything. It's a T-cell-mediated immune response to urushiol; if you don't get it off you ASAP, the damage is done and scrubbing the initial contact point with rubbing alcohol days later isn't going do anything. If you are such a wanker take a corticosteroid, although I wouldn't for something as minor as a manageable contact dermatitis.

I'm fairly sensitive to poison ivy and typically get it throughout the summer, mostly from my dog running through it and getting it all over her coat. I've also gotten it really bad on my wiener before, which was awful but somewhat funny because it swelled a lot. I am surprised there wasn't scarring or anything, it was really bad.

It's a part of life. Learn how to ID the plant and avoid it or just suck it up.
>>
In my second year at university I lived with 2 stoners. One was a really cool guy, still good friends to this day, the other guy was decent but when it came to weed he was a fiend. He would smoke as much as he could during a session, say he didn't have any to pitch but had a personal stash and we thought he was stealing weed too. We had a communal candy dish of weed but had to stop that when it mysteriously disappeared and he'd deny it.

So my roommate and I left 2 grams of bud on a table and that night it was gone and he denied it. I almost fought the guy but my roomie was calm and the peacekeeper and defused the situation. When we were alone he said we should prank him for revenge and I was down, but now I wish we just fought and didn't end up almost killing the guy.

We all had to take a plant ID class as part of our program in first year. That included a huge plant collection that everyone kept afterwards because it took a lot of time to do and was a pretty cool keepsake. My roomie is immune to poison ivy (he is part cherokee I heard natives can be immune) so he mounted it and handed it in to be a smartass and luckily the prof didn't touch it or he'd be really pissed lol. So my roomie took a couple leaves and crumbled it up with some ground up weed and put it in a pile on a table near the couch.

When we got back from school the next day our roommate wasn't home and we had a msg from a friend saying he was at the hospital...... and no weed pile to be found.
>>
>>1073108
Long story short, we thought it would just give his lips blisters but his trachea and lungs were all blistered up and he literally almost died. His parents came up and he stayed in the hospital for a whole month and we never told a soul, they thought it was some caustic chemical burn or something, they'd never seen anything before like that.

He ended up dropping out for a year and has regained like 80% of his lung function to this day (four years later). I see him a couple times a year and I always think about what we did. My roomie and I were terrified that we almost killed a guy although when he got out of the hospital we used to leave weed around the house with a note saying "SMOKE THIS AND DIE" as a joke to each other lol.

It was fucked though.
>>
This guy explains what it is and how to wash off the poison ivy oil if it gets on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oyoDRHpQK0
>>
>>1073113
>I have a PhD and learned you can more effectively remove an oil with a wash cloth than without a wash cloth

riveting!
>>
File: washcloth.jpg (33KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
washcloth.jpg
33KB, 360x240px
>>1073118
Here is a picture to show you what washing looks like. The guy in the video probably assumed most people know how to clean themselves.
>>
>>1068273
>>1068283
>>1068336
>>1068344
>>1068357
You clean everything off before that. There are products and shit made specifically to clean up urushiol oil so it doesn't spread. Once you've done that, use hot water.

https://www.zanfel.com/help/productfaq.html

When I wash it off, I roll the wash cloth across the skin in such a way that it never shoves or spreads anything. So, I can use normal soap and water with a wash cloth. I suppose it is more difficult to type out the action. It is like you touched your skin with a belt sander, but it is a wash cloth that passes over the area.
>>
>>1073103
You're not wrong about the reaction occuring not being stopped by rubbing alcohol, but you are wrong about the point of using rubbing alcohol multiple times. Cross contamination of the oil. You can remove the known oil contact points, but its cross contaminated elsewhere. So its a good idea to keep applying it regularly.

For gods sakes dont use hot water on the rash
>>
>>1073203
Alcohol isn't going to remove the oil better than a detergent (ie not moisturizing ersatz "soap" most people use), friction, and water.

Not to mention repeatedly applying rubbing alcohol to your skin isn't exactly a good practice.
>>
I've had to get steroids (both oral and shot) a couple of times when I've had it bad, but for minor to medium outbreaks, I recommend Tecnu Extreme. It has microbeads so it feels awesome scrubbing with it, and it does a great job drying up the weeping and bringing out the uroshiol. Keep in mind that you are supposed to use COLD water, not hot.
>>
>>1073213
1) anything oil based will only spread the urishol
2) 91% rubbing alcohol has nearly the same effect as acetone
3) my skin must be stronger than yours if you experienced such trouble
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.