[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eclipse 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: iz-gonna-rain.jpg (19KB, 350x252px) Image search: [Google]
iz-gonna-rain.jpg
19KB, 350x252px
What are you doing for the eclipse?

I'm taking the day off. I'm only 5 hour drive away, I'm gonna head out Sunday, and camp the night in the boonies.
I have 2 back up spots in case of bad weather.

What else should I know? How do I best avoid clouds? How do I know if I should drive west, or east to avoid cloud cover if there is any?
>>
>>1067306
I put on an angel costume, ride a hose and blow a trumpet when people are near me.
>>
>>1067306

I'm working, in the part of the building that has no Windows. Might try to get the day off.
>>
>>1067306
I'l driver 45 minutes to a college town in the path, and then drink beer afterwards.
>>
>>1067306
I'm flying in from Stockholm to see it.
>>
>>1067306
I'm going on a BSA camping trip near the epicenter of the eclipse, gonna be on top of a "Mountain", large hill, with a clearing. If it's cloudy or raining I have no clue what the hell to do, because moving any direction will alter the timing and quality of the eclipse.
>>
File: iwanndie.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
iwanndie.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>>1067344
A fire hose?

>>1067351
You guys use linux?

>>1067391
What brand of driver, makita?
>>
>>1067428
Where will you be seeing it from?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
25KB, 480x360px
PSA: "close enough" is NOT close enough. if you can, drive to the exact center of the eclipse line.
>>
>>1067628
Gonna drink Free State
>>
>>1068287
this
>>
Any Kansas City lads here?

I'm considering going to scout for prime locations up near St. Joe this week.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 800x800px
pic related, i should have included it
>>1071407
>>
>>1067391
Carbondale?
>>
>>1068287
Meh. 2024 is coming to me, so I'm close enough for this one.
>>
Any tips where best view it near southern Illinois?

Like find a empty church parking lot in a town, or what?
How buys will the roads be?
If I leave at like 6am to find a spot, is that early enough?
>>
I finally understand why the ancients prophesized that the solar eclipse brought the end of the world, because a mob of hipsters will all swarm toward the epicenter, destroying nature and leaving mountains of trash in their wake.
>>
>>1067306
I live 2 hours from the Smoky Mountains so I'm going there. Hoping to see it approach on the ground from the top of a mountain.
>>
Its passing right over me and a million hipster faggots are expected to come clog up the highways, so just stay home I guess
>>
>>1073306

Californian heading to clog up Oregon highways, although me and the buds decided on just staying in medford and trying to go up to only see the partial eclipse since traffic is fucked anyway

Whats cool near medford besides ocean and Crater Lake?
>>
>>1067306
Stay out of the cities where the shadow falls.
>>
>>1073389
Rouge River
>>
Driving down from the northeast to asheville NC, then heading into nantahala forest the morning of. I want to go to the smokeys but im pretty sure they'll be packed
>>
File: solar-graphic.jpg (152KB, 1000x852px) Image search: [Google]
solar-graphic.jpg
152KB, 1000x852px
I'm just south of totality. Just a short 10 mile drive. I hope it's fuckin nice out. But it is missouri so it will fuckin be shit weather. Any other Missouri fucks on here?
>>
Oregon here - everyone pls stay out of my state, we don't want you here.

Cheers.
>>
>best friend lives in Nashville
>he had to leave for Germany last week
>I have class anyway
>couldn't go regardless
JUST
>>
>not living in the center of the eclipse line

I feel bad for you fags
>>
>>1073389
how fucked is traffic gonna be? heading up a couple days in advance and getting sort of nervous
>>
>>1076908
I'm going up a couple days ahead too.

I don't really know what to expect either.

I would definitely count on Sunday being terrible

Monday will be impossible; the highways will turn into a wall of motionless vehicles for miles and miles
>>
I live in Virginia and work on a farm, so I'll probably be getting something done outside.
>>
What if the eclipse doesn't happen?
>>
File: DFNI6zWVYAACU4v.jpg (184KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DFNI6zWVYAACU4v.jpg
184KB, 1080x1080px
Where are you guys buying your eclipse glasses? I need to secure a pair sooner rather than later
>>
>>1077002
That would be the greatest thing to ever fucking happen
>>
>>1077015
I got them from here

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1312580-REG/lunt_solar_systems_bh_eclipsegls5_b_h_eclipse_glasses_5_pack.html

but they look backordered now and the price doubled you'll probably want to pay a little more for shipping wherever you end up getting them
>>
Live in Pennsylvania, got any ideas where I could go to get a good view?
>>
>>1077039
So why cant i just use regular sun glasses instead of these things?
>>
>>1067306
Nothing.

I went to bed at 10pm on December 31, 1999
>>
>>1077291
Because they are not dense enough. You would still burn your retinas right the fuck out

I've heard (only heard, not tried it) that a welding mask glass rated between 12 and 14 is good for observing the sun.
>>
File: oAyNR_s-200x150.gif (87KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
oAyNR_s-200x150.gif
87KB, 200x150px
anyone gonna be in that gnarly top corner of the worst state ever GA??
>>
>Landing in Seattle on the 16th
>Have to pick up a friend on the 20th in Seattle
>Have 16~ hours to wade my way through what will probably go down as some of the worst traffic in human history

As an East Coaster the West Coast is kind of scary. There aren't a lot of backroads, all it will take is one bad car crash to completely shut down a single lane two way high way. The original plan was to head down near Salem but now I'm thinking I might go for a 7-8 hour drive out to Wyoming, seems like we have a better chance with the weather there as well.

But if it's predicted as thick, cloudy overcast in Oregon I can only imagine the mass exodus of people who will try to head East past the mountains to the rain shadow.
>>
>>1073389
It's smokey as shit right now we are not going to see any eclipse nor will you at the beach it will be foggy.
>>
>>1076027
So how long ago did you move from California?
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 384x106px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 384x106px
So does this mean I can kind of park on a turn-out or shoulder on a forest road?

How hard do you think rangers will be patrolling? I assume they'll be somewhat busy, but I'm trying to park and then hike in and camp for a few days, leaving the vehicle there.

I would park on a less used forest road and hike closer to my destination, but I'm bringing a friend who isn't really up to the task in that case. Crappy thing is I just can't get up there several days in advance and horde a camp spot with parking.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.